Interviews 2016

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
JazzJackrabbit

Interviews 2016

#1 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 16 May 2016 15:51

http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/send ... n-100.html

Anyone willing to translate? Or just point out if they said anything noteworthy?

Traveller in Time

Re: Interviews 2016

#2 Post by Traveller in Time » 16 May 2016 17:17

JazzJackrabbit wrote:http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/send ... n-100.html

Anyone willing to translate? Or just point out if they said anything noteworthy?
Nothing about recordings or future stuff. But interesting as they speak about private stuff and impressions of a gig.

First they talk about if gelsenkrichen is some kind of a "home game" for them, because it is close to Krefeld.
Then they talk about past, where they went to gigs when they were younger and how they did get there what they did wear.

Some funny story about Hansi got a wooden cross at a hell's angels concert, which they (hansi and his friends) presented turned upside down at people in the streets and bars in his hometown Linn. Then the police was called and Hansi got some trouble, because they thought they had stolen it from a graveyard.

Then they talk if they collect backstage passes or other stuff from their past(Marcus does, Hansi not)

Next question is about lyrics and why they had chosen fantasy lyrics.

The rest is about the gig at rockhard, if there are some surprises in the setlist and some trouble they had with flies during a show in the past. Especially Marcus had to deal with. Further they talk about the atmopshere at the Amphitheater at Gelsenkirchen

The last question is about rituals (none) before a show and their most popular moment of a show.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

JazzJackrabbit

#3 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 16 May 2016 18:44

Cool, thanks!

priderock

#4 Post by priderock » 16 May 2016 20:20

Thanks, man! Hope to hear some news about the future stuff soon :/

Dark Age

#5 Post by Dark Age » 18 May 2016 21:55

I terribly translated the Rock Hard interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWF9AWXqr5k

RH: Hi, Folks. It's the 3rd day of the Rock Hard Festival. We are here in the so called catacombs...

H: ...Holy halls, I'd call it.

RH: We're nearly lost in the twilight hall.

H: At least

RH: We are glad, you're here again.

H: So do we.

RH: Normally you do venues with about 6000 to 7000 people of your own.

H: It can be, but it's not normality. You can't take it as common. For us it is an awesome festival, because it has the right size. I like gigs in that size. The location is awesome. A little warmer and it would be perfect.

RH: Something we have to work on for next year.

H: In that case we have to return.

RH: Frederik, for you as a drummer, how do you deal with the temperature when it is as cold as today? Do you notice it or is it always warm for you?

F: I'm aware of it, but when playing I'm getting warm enough. So I don't care. I'm only questioning myself: Shall I put some clothes on, or will I take them off after a while.

We have already played at some cold festivals, and at the end it was always more than warm for me. I won't suffer as much as others under the cold. I just have to chose the right clothes.

RH: You are touring a lot and recently I accompanied you in the USA when you were touring with Grave Digger. And now you announced another tour with Grave Digger. Was it demanded, so you said " we do this package again"?

H: Yes, that's right. It was requested by the booker. And we always wanted to try a second leg of a tour. Up to now we avoided it, even in the States. The business in the states is different and the booker's request was what we needed. We are playing different venues and we will see, if it works. It's always a trial. You never know what you get in the US. The last USA tour was a success.

F: Yes.

RH: Cue trial, what about your setlist? You often change songs, do you sometimes take songs you've never played or only very rare in the last time?

H: Are we speaking about today or in a general sense?

RH: Gladly about today.

H: Today we are playing two three songs we haven't played for long in Europe. But two days ago and yesterday we have already played them.

These songs were: Journey through the dark, Time stands still and Script for my requiem. We missed playing them at the last Europe tour. The other songs have to be classics here. Because of the audience and because it will be recorded by German television. And we want to play a good show.

Apart from that, we are more than willing to try one or two songs. But today it's too risky. Playing Holy Grail or Curse of Feanor would be too crucial.

F: And 105 min are a short time in comparison with normal shows.

RH: That's right.

F: And of course we don't want to miss a lot of classic songs.

RH: Many newer bands are often shorten their shows. I was really surprised you don't shorten your setlist. You mainly play longer than 2 hours.

H: Correct. 2 hrs are, more or less, standard at a Blind Guardian show. 115 min are possible, but all in all we like to play about 2 hrs. I think the people deserve long shows when they are showing up.
And we are playing the whole time without breaks. Of course, I can't prevent doing my announcements, but for the rest it's only music. And it's fun for us, we really like to play.

RH: We are really looking forward to seeing your show.

H: Ditto

RH: We hope, it won't rain.

H: *crosses fingers*

RH: See you

H: So long
Our lives are merely trees of possibilities

Traveller in Time

#6 Post by Traveller in Time » 26 May 2016 15:01

Marcus showing his technical stuff:

http://www.thomann.de/blog/de/rig-rundo ... -guardian/
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Max

#7 Post by Max » 30 Jun 2016 12:18

And another one: http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/interview ... iew_id=733

Audio Interview from 21.05.2016.
Haven't listen until now, but here are the Questions:

00:06 | Hello! How are you doing?
00:14 | You had a day off yesterday, what did you get up to?
00:51 | This tour is massive... have you ever toured on an album as much as this one?
01:44 | Not seen it mentioned, correct me if I am wrong, is this the band's 30th year anniversary?
02:18 | As a celebration of these thirty-odd year I'd like to have a look at the history of the band... Thinking back to the late eighties and early nineties, you released your first four albums in five years - you must have been quite prolific back then. What were things like?
04:12 | Thinking back to touring, you released your first live album Tokyo Tales... How did this band from Germany become so big in Japan in such a short amount of time?
05:28 | Had you played to audiences that big before?
05:40 | Next three albums... I see those as the backbone of the Blind Guardian library, you were getting bigger in America at that point. How was life changing in the band?
07:12 | As you do take longer with your albums - in the last ten years we have had three albums and things have changed a lot... have you found yourselves having to adapt or change in order to accommodate the modern world?
08:55 | Is it a case that you have to tour more?
10:23 | Back in the present day, is it correct you have a live album coming out this year?
11:20 | You're probably sick of being asked about this orchestral album that is supposed to be coming out... is it going to come out next year? What's happening with that?
11:50 | Is it going to be a Blind Guardian album, or is it going to be something so different you'll put it under a different name?
12:27 | How long have you been working on this album?
12:47 | It's going to be big then - is it going to be one CD, or a double album?
13:05 | Any last words...
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

priderock

#8 Post by priderock » 01 Jul 2016 19:58

Great interview! Thanks, man!