Update orchestral project

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Dark Age

Update orchestral project

#1 Post by Dark Age » 01 Apr 2016 17:47

Short update to the orchestral project given from Markus Heitz.

http://www.mahet.de/deutsch/aktuelles/n ... 99f8172bb/

As the English page from him is neglected, I tried to translate the relevant part. Sorry for all mistakes.

"Just before weekend further information:

Me (Markus Heitz) and Blind Guardian spent 3 hours in the studio.
Yes, really, no fake, we are still working on our joint venture.
I was allowed to listen to the epic orchestral material (more than 1 hour music).

We have decided to do the whole story new.

Why?

Because we realised the first beginning was decent - but we were in need of something more rocking, more challenging, perhaps more than usual. And we have the approach to give variety to our fans and we want to be unexpected.

Tons of tea later the songs opened new aspects.

And only because we were working a decent time on these songs, we dare to say: in approximately 2 years all should be ready. The story, lyrics, novel, album and everything.

Thanks to rescheduling I have to research first, then to plot and next year to write. This year I'm busy."

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting this, but to me it seems, that he delivered stuff not satisfying the Guardians and has to do his homework again.
Our lives are merely trees of possibilities

priderock

Re: Update orchestral project

#2 Post by priderock » 01 Apr 2016 18:47

Thanks for the info, mate..!!!
Well, first of all, I'm felling kind of sad, cause this means that 2017 is also in the past for the orchestral album... :?
The only thing I like is that they're still trying to do it like something never done before and that there will be a novel, as far as I can understand from the written above!

But then comes my next question - will we ever hear this album... It's been always delayed with years and years... How long does we have to wait... Of course I want to hear something blowing out everything, but it's still a pain in the ass..

Schelm

#3 Post by Schelm » 02 Apr 2016 14:32

but it's still a pain in the ass..
That sums it up exactly. Well it could be worse when they would release it and play a second festival, while I am not in Germany.
I am nevertheless pretty sure, that the orchestral stuff will blow our minds.

So we have to exercise patience. Once again.

Traveller in Time

#4 Post by Traveller in Time » 03 Apr 2016 02:27

Wow, thanks for the info. Ok forget the wow :lol:
Really disappointing as i was hoping for an at least 2018 release, now i guess with all the rewriting stuff, again thinking about it correcting it, making lyrics and finally recording vocals, promotion etc means in BG terms let's say 4 years?

Hopefully they'll start writing a new studio album instead.
About the live album i had a small chat with Frederik at the end of an concert he attended to, and to say it short and quoting him: "Not so soon"
:(
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock

#5 Post by priderock » 03 Apr 2016 06:42

Yeah, I also doubt a release in 2 years... First of all, it seems that Marcus Heitz will start writing after a year and rewriting the whole thing also means that the project needs 100% new vocals - both Hansi and the choirs...It seems that we're back in 2011 when it was announced that the story will be written by this german author... The only thing that was giving us a hope about its release in the past two years was that most of the vocals are ready.., but it seems that right now nothing is ready. I can't imagine what it would be if I was a really old BG fan and I had to wait about this album... thanks, God, I'm not...

P.S. I can imagine what it will be 10 years later:
"Hello, guys.., A small step for the mankind, but a giantic one for us- yes, the album is finally ready, but Marcus Heitz is still making some final touches on the novel, before it's release. We want this novel to be also like nothing else on the market, which means his full concentration in the next 2-3 years... Stay prepared!!!"

:lol:

Led Guardian

#6 Post by Led Guardian » 03 Apr 2016 09:44

priderock wrote: I can't imagine what it would be if I was a really old BG fan and I had to wait about this album... thanks, God, I'm not...
It's not so bad. I'm pretty sure they've been planning it since I started listening, and that's probably almost exactly 9 years now. About half the time since they first conceived the possiblity, iirc. You just accept that it's a thing they'll do some day, and then you just don't think about it. And when you hear new estimates on when they'll do it, you smile and nod, but you never believe it, and go right back to not thinking about it. My advice is not to think about it until they say "the story and lyrics are finalized and we're in the studio doing the recordings." Only then will you know it's coming out in the next couple years.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

priderock

#7 Post by priderock » 03 Apr 2016 12:38

Led Guardian wrote:
priderock wrote: I can't imagine what it would be if I was a really old BG fan and I had to wait about this album... thanks, God, I'm not...
It's not so bad. I'm pretty sure they've been planning it since I started listening, and that's probably almost exactly 9 years now. About half the time since they first conceived the possiblity, iirc. You just accept that it's a thing they'll do some day, and then you just don't think about it. And when you hear new estimates on when they'll do it, you smile and nod, but you never believe it, and go right back to not thinking about it. My advice is not to think about it until they say "the story and lyrics are finalized and we're in the studio doing the recordings." Only then will you know it's coming out in the next couple years.

Thanks for the advice, man... I'll give my best to do this too..!!!

Traveller in Time

#8 Post by Traveller in Time » 03 Apr 2016 13:11

Yeah i think that's the best way. Seeing it more like an side project wich can be delayed by several things like new studio album, tour, production wise, story issues etc....
with 100% BG polishing and quality! So better than making compromisses for a quick release.
But since Hansi last update it sounded that they are ok with the story and just have to record the vocals. Now it's a backward roll
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Beorn

#9 Post by Beorn » 15 Apr 2016 03:21

This project will never be heard.
If their vision has not been able to be realized after this many years, I honestly don't think it ever will.
I would rather have them focus on pure Blind Guardian albums so that we don't have to wait 5 years between releases.

I know it's a negative post, but frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it and am past any expectations I have had for hearing it.

Dentarthurdent

#10 Post by Dentarthurdent » 15 Apr 2016 13:48

I'll believe in this thing when I hold it in my hands :D
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect