Kickstarter game with possible BG music

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Traveller in Time

Kickstarter game with possible BG music

#1 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Sep 2015 12:08

Hi There,

And then there was silence since the last candle (/concert)extinguished of the first leg of the BTRM tour.
We all hope the bard's were into the storm with mastering their promised live album.
Prophecies came true.
There are some news (a pitty not about the process of the live album):

https://www.facebook.com/blindguardian/ ... 112102113/

Just for the ones who haven't already read it....and to awake this forum from its sleep! :mrgreen:
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragonfly

Re: Kickstarter game with possible BG music

#2 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Oct 2015 14:27

You know what? Not bad news, I don't mind it at all, but this game project cannot but yet again slow down the process of finalizing the orchestral album! One more distraction from the main course I guess... Still if this session yields a song as compelling and just downright grand as "Sacred Worlds" - I'll be fine. 8)
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock

#3 Post by priderock » 05 Oct 2015 16:59

Dragonfly wrote:You know what? Not bad news, I don't mind it at all, but this game project cannot but yet again slow down the process of finalizing the orchestral album! One more distraction from the main course I guess...
Exactly my thoughts... Even that it would be really pathetic to slow drastically the process just for a single song here... Hope we're wrong!

P.S. Of course it would be great to have a majestic song live SW but the orchestral project is my main wish for years...

Traveller in Time

#4 Post by Traveller in Time » 05 Oct 2015 17:55

That was my fear at first, too.

But when listening to the video Hansi says that they have to speak about how this contribution could be.
For me it sounds like they'll play some already composed game music just in their style (but of course in BG sense this means another weeks of work to do it perfect) ;)
I think they know that the main focus should be on the orchestra one. But again in terms of BG: their schedule is full of surprises.

I really would like to know how far they are in process with the live album....

And yeah the orchestra plans were already delayed, because first Hansi wanted to do voice recordings during their tour break (which in my eyes was too ambitous, because every voice needs a break after so exhausting concerts in a row) and in the end it came so that they just wanted to work on the live recordings...

But some pocess update would be nice, even if it would be: Sorry we were lazy we just listened to the single recordings, no editing etc.... :D
But waiting is killing me :twisted:
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock

#5 Post by priderock » 05 Oct 2015 21:23

Yes, 2015 is already a past for the orchestral project, which is absolutely normal actually. But in every interview they've made so far - they said that the plan for it is fixed for 2016 and the release will be somewhere in the beginning of 2017... So, I hope it's for real this time... Actually, it would be funny if they miss the plan for the "live album"(where there's just a production wise) and a single song for a game instead of a 20 years baby... Come on...

Shadow_Zero

#6 Post by Shadow_Zero » 04 Dec 2015 12:47

If we could get a Blind Guardian/Iced Earth/Demons & Wizard's Rock Band game for PS3 (including keys and harmony vocals of course), my life is pretty much complete.

Sorry for the sidetrack ^^