Best venue on this tour around North East USA?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
bobwallace

Best venue on this tour around North East USA?

#1 Post by bobwallace » 09 Jun 2015 02:01

I'm really excited to see Blind Guardian for the first time! I'm just trying to decide where to go see them. All of the following are within driving distance from me and they are all roughly the same distance:

Danforth Music Hall - Toronto, ON
Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre - Montreal, QB
The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Union Transfer - Philadelphia, PA
Webster Hall - New York, NY
Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall - Munhall, PA
House of Blues - Cleveland, OH

So, I'm wondering which venue will be best in terms of sound quality, as well as crowd size. I'd like there to be a large crowd that will sing along and make them want to play an encore or two.

If you have been to any of these venues or have any advice, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

Max

Re: Best venue on this tour around North East USA?

#2 Post by Max » 09 Jun 2015 09:10

Hi,

I haven't been to any, but I would try to check youtube for the location + blind guardian.
Maybe you find some videos from former tours to check parcticipation.
You can also try to check the facebook page of BG and look at the pictures from last US tour.

You can also check the dates and how many days of break are between/before the shows (longer breaks - maybe more willing for encores and less exhausted).

Finally check setlist fm for the locations to see if there were crowd-demanded tracks played and to check, if there is a special focus on older albums for the setlists (you may like to hear songs from specific album).

I hope that helps a little. And if not - go to all shows ;-)
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

sciacallo010

#3 Post by sciacallo010 » 09 Jun 2015 10:14

Go to all of them! :lol:

Leaving jokes aside (I still went to 4 gigs of them in 4 different countries in the last two months, so if those are driving distance from you it should be easier for you than it has been for me :mrgreen: ) consider that they played encores all the time, not only where the crowd sang more loudly; the only exception was Majesty which has been played quite often, even if it wasn't in the setlist, after the crowd loudly asked for it.
In my experience both big and small venues have been good with them: while a large crowd sing more loudly and make you feel more "surrounded" by fellow BG lovers, a small venue make you feel more intimate with the band (and, needless to say, BG's fans always sing everything so that's not a problem even with small crowds :D ) which I found really nice.

The only thing you should be concerned about, in my opinion, should be the sound quality of the venues (and unfortunately I can't help you with that as I've never been in any of that venues) and maybe you could try to look for some information on Google not focusing only on Blind Guardian's gigs, but in metal gigs in general ;)

Avelar

#4 Post by Avelar » 10 Jun 2015 11:31

I would visit 3 or 4 shows depending on how close they are in time. I've already been to 3 concerts on this tour and tomorrow will be the fourth, and I'm still excited and waiting for it with impatience. Each of these 3 concerts had something unique: fans in various countries are different, for example; each concert had special, not so often played songs. For some reason I'm not tired of this tour yet :wink:
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

vlssstv

#5 Post by vlssstv » 10 Jun 2015 22:56

I will see them in Worcester ma. Palladium it is a good venue and the BG shows in the past have all sold out
8) :twisted:

Hedge Wizard

#6 Post by Hedge Wizard » 14 Aug 2015 09:07

I saw Blind Guardian at the Palladium in 2010 and the sound was great. I've got tickets to see them in NYC and Philadelphia as well but I've never been to those venues (it's been five years since they were here and they're not getting any younger, so I'm trying to see them while I can!).

Drahcir

#7 Post by Drahcir » 07 Oct 2015 05:45

I've been to the Trocadero in Philadelphia (for Blind Guardian) and B.B. King's Bar and Grill in New York City (for Kamelot, Stratovarius, Symphony X) and concerts in New York City have always been a much better overall experience for me. The Trocadero is a good venue (I've been there many, many times) and I have not been to the Union Transfer, but the atmosphere of the city influences my concert experience and I prefer New York City much more. Philadelphia is not much of a city for tourists. I lived there for many years. :( If you can go to more then one than by all means go to as many as possible. New York City and Philadelphia are much closer together than New York City and Worcester, so New York City and Philadelphia could be 2 good options. Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall is also in Pennsylvania, so make that 3. Of course if it were me and I could travel anywhere I want, it would be Toronto, Montreal and New York City. 8) Have fun with your choices regardless!

Jon The Wise

#8 Post by Jon The Wise » 08 Oct 2015 19:34

Been to every venue in Ottawa and Montreal except where the Sold Out Gaurdian show is this time, which is stupid cause it holds only 1, 000 people, they shouldn't even be playing small venues. The others places like Metropolis in Montreal are amazing, and hold up to 8, 000 people, great bar service all the time, great balconies and lots of floor space. They dropped the ball this time with their choice of venue, obviously wasn't Gauardian's choice. Favorite Montreal metal bar is Foufounes Electriques, greatest metal bar to see shows but also maybe too small for a Gaurdian show. Seen Destruction there a couple times, great bar.