Lucifer's Heritage Demo Tape - Original?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Max

Lucifer's Heritage Demo Tape - Original?

#1 Post by Max » 08 Jun 2015 15:23

Hey there,

I found a tape on ebay. Do you think it is original tape?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Blind-Guardian-L ... 4d338ab204

Regards
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

sciacallo010

Re: Lucifer's Heritage Demo Tape - Original?

#2 Post by sciacallo010 » 08 Jun 2015 20:14

I have been in touch for a little while (almost surely) with that guy on Facebook but I offered him much less (I still find that price overly exaggerated) and he stepped back saying that he already received an offer form a guy who wanted to give him 250€ right away (I didn't believe him and apparently I was right not to believe him).
Original or fake, I find so idiotic to have them signed by Marcus who didn't played them that I wouldn't even offer the max I'd ever offer for those demos, I think this is like a kind of a "fault" that lower the value.

Freak666

#3 Post by Freak666 » 08 Jun 2015 21:34

sciacallo010 wrote:I have been in touch for a little while (almost surely) with that guy on Facebook but I offered him much less (I still find that price overly exaggerated) and he stepped back saying that he already received an offer form a guy who wanted to give him 250€ right away (I didn't believe him and apparently I was right not to believe him).
Original or fake, I find so idiotic to have them signed by Marcus who didn't played them that I wouldn't even offer the max I'd ever offer for those demos, I think this is like a kind of a "fault" that lower the value.
At the moment we are at 260€ and there is a lot of time left. Wait and see. My guess is 420€!

sciacallo010

#4 Post by sciacallo010 » 08 Jun 2015 23:09

Man I saw the original No Life Til Leather on sale for 130€ a few weeks ago and there are surely way more Metallica's collectors than Blind Guardian's.
This is also at 260€ with the "buy it now" option and the possibility to make offers (meaning you can buy it for 260€ or offer less, so he doesn't really expect to sell it for that price), not an auction, so there's no way it can go up to 420€.

Being realistic (I'm in no way trying to undermine Blind Guardian, they are my favorite band and I'm a collector myself and I have around 50 albums of them including the 1992's demo) there's no way they're worth that much.
I mean, just the mere economic value.
If someone'll buy them at that price...well, good for them that can afford to pay that much, but I can't see it happening if the people interested are not dumb nor naive.