New Live CD

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
loren

New Live CD

#1 Post by loren » 20 Apr 2015 18:03

I don't know if it has been said already...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cjEq3NsHvQ ----> as it is announced by Hansi on 6:15

I had seen that coming already... At the new videos of the current tour, you can see at least 2 microphones at the front sides of the stage (which are there to capture the "noise" of the audience.)
What's more, in contrary to their most recent tours, the guitar cabinets are placed on stage near the playing band. That is so that the microphones of the cabinets capture the audience as well. In that way, they can get a good live feeling compared to having the cabinets somewhere isolated (as they did in their most recent tours- I think they began doing that, when the ATEOT tour commenced).
I cannot tell why Hansi has 2 monitors in front of him, while on their tours since 2006, they all had in-ear monitors.
https://www.facebook.com/uncertaingreece
http://www.reverbnation.com/uncertain4
One of my bands. Death/progressive metal from Athens, Greece!

Infernal Lord

Re: New Live CD

#2 Post by Infernal Lord » 20 Apr 2015 20:30

I think it's fairly common knowledge that we're to expect a new live album off the back of this tour. Hansi announced it in London, so I assume he's done the same at the other shows too. :)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago
We're the ones you've left alone

Midnight

#3 Post by Midnight » 20 Apr 2015 20:59

Yeah he did that in Barcelona too to motivate us to sing louder :D

ErHaO

#4 Post by ErHaO » 21 Apr 2015 16:44

Yes, someone here even mentioned they said they will record all shows this tour.

A question though, did all tracks played on the shows recorded for Live actually make it to the discs?

Because so far they already played more songs and those include lengthy ones such as WoT, SW, NW and AttwS. Maybe three discs this time? Would be great :D (or use outtakes of songs not represented on the main discs, which was not the case for Live).

Arenvir

#5 Post by Arenvir » 29 Apr 2015 14:53

Hansi told the same in Munich and afaik all shows are recorded. Best (and loudest) Fans will make it to the disc. :D

Traveller in Time

#6 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Apr 2015 17:29

In the clip about Marcus equipment posted today on FB, he repeated that ALL shows gone be recorded.
Then they'll take the best (not even by crowd also by recording sound and their playing).
I guess it will be similiar to their last one "Live", mixed several concerts sounding like it is one.
Maybe we can already start about how it will be named :D
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Edain

#7 Post by Edain » 29 Apr 2015 17:39

Memories of a tour to come?
Distant live memories? :mrgreen:
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

Traveller in Time

#8 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Apr 2015 17:43

Tales beyond the mirror?
Of crows, hares and foxes?

CROWded halls around the world?

Jump through the mirror ..[leave fear behind]
Mirror, Mirror in the hall
Blind Guardian live, Live 2?

:lol:

Gandalf de Grijze

#9 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 29 Apr 2015 18:23

Edain wrote:Distant live memories? :mrgreen:
really love that one!

"Beyond the red stage"

"The bards are back (with a vengeance)"

"Introducing the Dutch Guy"

"The Live Wave"
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Infernal Lord

#10 Post by Infernal Lord » 29 Apr 2015 19:08

"The Ninth Tour"

It doesn't work factually, but it sounds cool... :mrgreen:
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

Traveller in Time

#11 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Apr 2015 21:10

Mirrored Emotions :mrgreen:

JazzJackrabbit

#12 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 29 Apr 2015 21:40

"As Dark Night Embraces"

priderock

#13 Post by priderock » 29 Apr 2015 22:28

"Memories of a tour to come"
"Distant live Memories"
and
"The Live Wave"

Are Truly Awesome !!!

But "Distant Live Memories" is also my choice :D
P.S. Just thought about "The Miracle Tour", "Utopian Tour" or "At The Edge Of Stage" :mrgreen:

Ryu

#14 Post by Ryu » 30 Apr 2015 03:51

Hmmm.. "Beyond Imaginations", maybe? Or just "Beyond Imagination". Also ties in to the sequel motif, BTRM being the sequel to IFTOS, and this next album being a sequel (in a way?) to Imaginations through the Looking Glass as well as Live..
Defiant of destiny

Max

#15 Post by Max » 30 Apr 2015 08:58

How about "The journey through the Mirror" or "Reflections by the (red) Mirror"?

"As Dark Night Embraces"
Sounds very well imho.
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

Twister

#16 Post by Twister » 30 Apr 2015 17:11

I think it's time we have our own "A Day at the Races".
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Traveller in Time

#17 Post by Traveller in Time » 30 Apr 2015 17:38

Twister wrote:I think it's time we have our own "A Day at the Races".
hahaha i thought asbout that too.

I know Hansi once said he wanted to pick that name, because many were complaining about the title of ANATO

"Guarded by the blind"

Infernal Lord

#18 Post by Infernal Lord » 01 May 2015 09:46

JazzJackrabbit wrote:"As Dark Night Embraces"
That's the best one yet! 8)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

Infernal Lord

#19 Post by Infernal Lord » 01 May 2015 19:27

Ryu wrote:Hmmm.. "Beyond Imaginations", maybe? Or just "Beyond Imagination". Also ties in to the sequel motif, BTRM being the sequel to IFTOS, and this next album being a sequel (in a way?) to Imaginations through the Looking Glass as well as Live..
If we stick to the 'sequel' theme, how about Imaginations Beyond the Looking Glass. Or maybe Imaginations Beyond the Red Looking Glass.

Actually, thinking about it, a simpler Imaginations Beyond the Red Mirror works too. :)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

sciacallo010

#20 Post by sciacallo010 » 01 May 2015 22:09

Infernal Lord wrote:
Ryu wrote:Hmmm.. "Beyond Imaginations", maybe? Or just "Beyond Imagination". Also ties in to the sequel motif, BTRM being the sequel to IFTOS, and this next album being a sequel (in a way?) to Imaginations through the Looking Glass as well as Live..
If we stick to the 'sequel' theme, how about Imaginations Beyond the Looking Glass. Or maybe Imaginations Beyond the Red Looking Glass.

Actually, thinking about it, a simpler Imaginations Beyond the Red Mirror works too. :)
Well, with Imaginations Through The Looking Glass they were quoting (or honoring) Through the Looking-Glass, the tale by Lewis Carroll, I don't think that modifing it would ever work, nor they would consider to do such thing.

Ryu

#21 Post by Ryu » 01 May 2015 22:48

sciacallo010 wrote:
Infernal Lord wrote:

Well, with Imaginations Through The Looking Glass they were quoting (or honoring) Through the Looking-Glass, the tale by Lewis Carroll, I don't think that modifing it would ever work, nor they would consider to do such thing.
I love the versatility of a title such as "Beyond Imagination(s)". It could merely refer to IFTOS and still succeed; however, it is rather minimalistic as a title for a band such as BG. Their album titles (apart from, say, "Live") are always quite grandiose. I prefer simplicity when it comes to album titles truth be told. Continuity, consistency, all of that - At the Edge of Time was really their only album title that didn't 100% click, make sense and seem natural. It's a lyric from an album that was stylistically extremely different, and ATEOT had no callbacks to older songs if I recall correctly..

Also I'm amazed they ever considered "The Red Door" as an album title. But, I digress. "As Dark Night Embraces" is a great title but puts a great deal of emphasis on a single song. "Reflections by the Red Mirror" is also fine but sounds more like a bootleg title. "Distant Live Memories" is sort of clumsy and they'll probably never play Distant Memories live. ;) As for "Live 2"... would they? Would they?
Defiant of destiny

Infernal Lord

#22 Post by Infernal Lord » 02 May 2015 21:18

sciacallo010 wrote:
Infernal Lord wrote:

I don't see why not. Regardless of any deeper meaning behind the title of the original, to adapt it for a new use is perfectly valid in its own right. It's a title the band adopted for use in their own way after all.

This is all completely theoretical and a tiny bit moot, of course, but you get the point! :wink:
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

sciacallo010

#23 Post by sciacallo010 » 03 May 2015 20:55

Infernal Lord wrote:
sciacallo010 wrote:
Infernal Lord wrote: If we stick to the 'sequel' theme, how about Imaginations Beyond the Looking Glass. Or maybe Imaginations Beyond the Red Looking Glass.

I don't see why not. Regardless of any deeper meaning behind the title of the original, to adapt it for a new use is perfectly valid in its own right. It's a title the band adopted for use in their own way after all.

This is all completely theoretical and a tiny bit moot, of course, but you get the point! :wink:
To me this would be too redundant; you know, Imagination Through the Looking Glass was a kind of pun, a quotation.
That title is strong and smart as it takes the names of two different works (IFTOS and Through the Looking-Glass) and mix them in a clever way; going on from this would be (in my opinion) a lack of imagination (no pun intended :mrgreen:).

It's like if after the tour Iron Maiden did for The X Factor which was called The X Factour (very clever and funny name to me), they named the following one The Virtual XI Factour, you get what I say? The X Factor -> The X Factour is brilliant, going on with Virtual XI -> The Virtual XI Factour is redundant, boring.

Also naming an album this way (whether it's Live 2, Imaginations Beyond the Looking Glass or Imaginations Beyond the Red Looking Glass) would put it to the challenge with the "previous" album which is never a good thing to me, it's better to leave each album to stand on its own; they didn't do it with BTRM (which was, concept-wise, the sequel of IFTOS) and I don't think the would do it for this live.

Of course this is just my opinion :D

Infernal Lord

#24 Post by Infernal Lord » 10 May 2015 10:37

sciacallo010 wrote: To me this would be too redundant; you know, Imagination Through the Looking Glass was a kind of pun, a quotation.
That title is strong and smart as it takes the names of two different works (IFTOS and Through the Looking-Glass) and mix them in a clever way; going on from this would be (in my opinion) a lack of imagination (no pun intended :mrgreen:).

It's like if after the tour Iron Maiden did for The X Factor which was called The X Factour (very clever and funny name to me), they named the following one The Virtual XI Factour, you get what I say? The X Factor -> The X Factour is brilliant, going on with Virtual XI -> The Virtual XI Factour is redundant, boring.

Also naming an album this way (whether it's Live 2, Imaginations Beyond the Looking Glass or Imaginations Beyond the Red Looking Glass) would put it to the challenge with the "previous" album which is never a good thing to me, it's better to leave each album to stand on its own; they didn't do it with BTRM (which was, concept-wise, the sequel of IFTOS) and I don't think the would do it for this live.

Of course this is just my opinion :D
All valid points, I get it. :) I still think the suggested names - by all who have proffered them - COULD work, but only if they [the band] themselves fancy doing a sequel-style video to a previous release. Otherwise, yes, a completely original title would be best.

To be honest, personally I'm hoping for something along the lines of "Blind Guardian: Live in London, 12th April 2015" but I may be slightly biased...! :mrgreen: :wink:
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

Traveller in Time

#25 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 May 2015 12:25

yeah i think they keep their line for short and concisely live album titles.

Maybe 'Tour 2015'
something with world suit as there will be tracks from all over the world.

I'm sure they will find something, the other question when will they mix and release it?
During the break between the second leg Hansi wanted to do the vocals for the orchestra stuff.

On the other side: Is it possible to sing so many concerts go back to the studio singing "in studio" mode then go back and sing on tour nearly every evening without any harm on your voice? :?

Will they wait till the tour is completely finished and then starting chosing tracks and mixing?

And questions shall come again.... :D

Dragonfly

#26 Post by Dragonfly » 10 May 2015 15:52

"Another 20 Or So Cool Live Songs With Neither Holy Fucking Grail Nor Curse Of Feanor".
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Freak666

#27 Post by Freak666 » 11 May 2015 20:04

"As dark night embraces" still sounds most brilliant to me.

Twister

#28 Post by Twister » 11 May 2015 22:23

Needless to say, with this live album I would love to have some new Live Outtakes to download, Hansi seem so much talkative on this tour! :)
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Traveller in Time

#29 Post by Traveller in Time » 11 May 2015 22:27

Twister wrote:Needless to say, with this live album I would love to have some new Live Outtakes to download, Hansi seem so much talkative on this tour! :)
indeed, looks like he was listening to some comedians. Annd he varied them from gig to gig.
There is no better Hansi than now ;)

angi1

#30 Post by angi1 » 20 May 2015 12:44

Traveller in Time wrote:
Twister wrote:Needless to say, with this live album I would love to have some new Live Outtakes to download, Hansi seem so much talkative on this tour! :)
indeed, looks like he was listening to some comedians. Annd he varied them from gig to gig.
There is no better Hansi than now ;)
I bought the album yesterday and i was listen it in my job :) its preety fun when you doing injection moulding with blind guardian music :)
http://bianorsolutions.com
Last edited by angi1 on 02 Jun 2015 13:33, edited 3 times in total.

starschwar

#31 Post by starschwar » 24 May 2015 03:25

"As Dark Night Embraces" is indeed a great choice. I'd also be on board with "Once Upon a Dream Ago".