Setlist discussion for 2015

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Drahcir

Re: Setlist discussion for 2015

#151 Post by Drahcir » 27 Oct 2015 21:42

Traveler in Time please

Jon The Wise

#152 Post by Jon The Wise » 27 Oct 2015 22:07

Seen it. Everybody's so vastly different in what they'd like to see or have already seen so it ultimately is impossible for them to please everybody but, it's always amazing either way. Would be nice to live in Europe where they play more than every 5 years, that ends up being the reason we all want specific tracks in the set list. I don't believe they really give it much thought, they just have the songs they are going to do, and then mostly just what they feel like that night. Luck of he draw and that is it I guess. :wink:

Jon The Wise

#153 Post by Jon The Wise » 28 Oct 2015 16:25

Set List in Baltimore last night was a regular 17 songs, nothing special was played. Kind of dumb they won't be doing anything special in North America, not even Miracle Machine. Lame as that is I guess it is what it is. :o I'll write a review of the Toronto show tomorrow anyways. May not be posted til' Halloween or so as I will be pretty tired.

Hedge Wizard

#154 Post by Hedge Wizard » 28 Oct 2015 18:15

You never know, the setlist may change a lot over the course of the tour and Miracle Machine may get played. I don't even care at this point, I'm just excited to see them again. And let's not forget Grave Digger! I'm sure they'll put on a great show too.

Drahcir

#155 Post by Drahcir » 28 Oct 2015 20:18

Sacred Worlds, Lord of the Rings... I'll take it. These are common songs for Blind Guardian to play, but I've only seen them once and they didn't play these songs, so it's fine for me. When I saw them in 2006 they played Skalds and Shadows instead of Lord of the Rings. Hearing Imaginations from the Other Side again would be cool, too. Too bad it's the only song from IFTOS that they played. Still a good setlist, imo.

Jon The Wise

#156 Post by Jon The Wise » 28 Oct 2015 21:54

I just think it needs another song or two like all of the previous shows on the tour. I'll be in heaven when they do Banish and Last Candle as I haven't caught those yet. New shit will kill and they didn't do Tanelorn on the Sacred Tour here so that'll be a first. Less than a day and I'll be on my way by train! :wink:

Drahcir

#157 Post by Drahcir » 28 Oct 2015 22:16

Have fun and let us know the setlist \m/

Jon The Wise

#158 Post by Jon The Wise » 30 Oct 2015 06:19

Here you go, just got back to my hotel and figured i'd post it here instead of setlistfm.

The Ninth Wave
Banish From Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into The Void)
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Lord Of The Rings
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
Lost In The Twilight Hall
And The Story Ends

Sacred Worlds
Twilight Of The Gods
Valhalla

Imaginations From The Other Side
The Bard's Song
Mirror Mirror

I was happy with Banish and Last Candle then I got to shoot a load in my jeans when they did Lost In The Twilight Hall....so damn happy!

Drahcir

#159 Post by Drahcir » 30 Oct 2015 06:40

Sick setlist, man! I hope they play the exact same thing in Dallas. And the Story Ends. Sacred Worlds. Lord of the Rings. Lost in the Twilight Hall & The Last Candle. :o

JazzJackrabbit

#160 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 30 Oct 2015 15:12

Jon The Wise wrote:Here you go, just got back to my hotel and figured i'd post it here instead of setlistfm.

The Ninth Wave
Banish From Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into The Void)
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Lord Of The Rings
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
And The Story Ends

Sacred Worlds
Twilight Of The Gods
Valhalla

The Bard's Song
Mirror Mirror

I was happy with Banish and Last Candle then I got to shoot a load in my jeans when they did Lost In The Twilight Hall....so damn happy!
Yessssss LITTH was so fucking awesome!!! What a great night it was.

Ryu

#161 Post by Ryu » 30 Oct 2015 23:01

I'll be able to provide a (maybe live) setlist update for Chicago, though I'm not expecting too many surprises.
Defiant of destiny

Hedge Wizard

#162 Post by Hedge Wizard » 31 Oct 2015 02:08

Great setlist! Looking back at the last time I saw them, I really lucked out... http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 2be25.html

Going to see them tomorrow night and I'm hoping to see some love for Somewhere Far Beyond! Maybe we'll get treated to Wizard's Crown? :lol:

Jon The Wise

#163 Post by Jon The Wise » 31 Oct 2015 05:29

That is an awesome set! A few more things about last night which were interesting were between songs, there were few Majesty chants starting up but me and a couple people starting chanting for Bright Eyes and that caught Hansi's ear a bit more than he said "we are going to play something a little more modern actually" and then they did Time Stands Still :lol: After that, I finally got to see LITTH which was my number one choice. Whole band sounded incredible. Not too loud, so it was nice and clear and Hansi sang magnificently as usual, Andre nailed everything and Marcus did a lot more singing than the last time I saw them. I got a hat, Longsleeve and T- Shirt, would have got a hoody too but the merch guy literally would not go get the box, seemed lame after just buying 3 items and he said I'll bring them out later which is stupid 'cause it was crowded as fuck but what can you do so I ended up just saving the 50 bucks. Great night all around, the Toronto energy was great and Hansi seemed to enjoy it.

Max

#164 Post by Max » 01 Nov 2015 09:09

Wow, Wizards Crown showed up. BOF!!!
I am really happy they are playing that many old songs!

Hopefully many of them make it on the new live Album.
3 CDs could be already filled, if all recordings are good.

Aktually this time they are maybe "allowed" to release the "fails"...

Any one got news for the new live CD? Are the US Shows recorded too?
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand

LoneIgadzra

#165 Post by LoneIgadzra » 01 Nov 2015 17:56

Halloween show in Worcester was amazing! Entire band in costume, Hansi dressed as Elvis :lol:

The setlist was fantastic, including so many songs I had always dreamed of seeing live, such as Banish From Sanctuary, The Last Candle and Lost in the Twilight Hall. I would have preferred Time Stand Still instead of Majesty, but the way they play Majesty live now rocks so much harder than the original album track it isn't funny, and they threw in two special Halloween treats that more than made up for it: Barbara Ann and Wizard's Crown! Fantastic show! The crowd singing was the best I have ever heard, and the mix was far better than any show I have seen at the Palladium up to that point. (It was quite poor on their last visit.)

Here is the setlist as nearly as I can remember it. Might not be in the right order, but I don't think anything is missing.

The Ninth Wave
Banish From Sanctuary
Nightfall
Tanelorn (Into The Void)
Fly
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Lord Of The Rings
Majesty

Sacred Worlds
Twilight Of The Gods
Valhalla

Into the Storm
Wizard's Crown
The Bard's Song
Mirror Mirror
Barbara Ann

Jon The Wise

#166 Post by Jon The Wise » 01 Nov 2015 18:24

Looks to be about the best set they have ever done....PERIOD!! That is fucking wild dudes!! You guys are so lucky, that one put all the Brazil sets to shame HAHAHA. Sucks Halloween is now over :cry:

Hedge Wizard

#167 Post by Hedge Wizard » 01 Nov 2015 19:29

Your setlist is spot on, except that Imaginations was played at the end of the first set.

What a unique night it was! I guess the Bards wanted to say "thank you" for spending our Halloween with them. Turns out Hansi is not elvish, but is in fact Elvis! I still can't believe they played the whole set in costume. https://www.facebook.com/CROMCarl/photo ... =3&theater

And Max, yes, they said last night that all the shows on this tour are being recorded.

Drahcir

#168 Post by Drahcir » 01 Nov 2015 20:37

Haha!!! Wow, what an incredible setlist. :D Can't wait to see them in Dallas on the 24th! :D Hopefully they keep a majority of the songs from that setlist.

Led Guardian

#169 Post by Led Guardian » 02 Nov 2015 05:09

Hedge Wizard wrote:Your setlist is spot on, except that Imaginations was played at the end of the first set.

What a unique night it was! I guess the Bards wanted to say "thank you" for spending our Halloween with them. Turns out Hansi is not elvish, but is in fact Elvis! I still can't believe they played the whole set in costume. https://www.facebook.com/CROMCarl/photo ... =3&theater

And Max, yes, they said last night that all the shows on this tour are being recorded.
Saw the photos. That show must have been tons of fun! They even played Wizard's Crown. Very appropriate. :P
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

bgphillyfan

#170 Post by bgphillyfan » 03 Nov 2015 03:50

I was at the Philly show last night. They played Wizards Crown again since it was the day after Halloween! Hansi said that it was "going back in the vault" after last night so it looks like it was just for 2 nights around Halloween. Was great to hear the new stuff plus Tanelorn, Last Candle, and Banished from Sanctuary. It aas a treat getting into the storm also. They played Welcome to Dying last time around and I would have preferred something else from Imaginations rather than And the Story Ends but to each there own.

Overall a great night and performance. I never listened to Grave Digger before and thought I would miss them but glad I didn't, they were really good.

Drahcir

#171 Post by Drahcir » 03 Nov 2015 07:19

They played a sick setlist in Philly! I hope we get that setlist in Dallas. I saw them in Philly in 2006 and they played Welcome to Dying, and from Imaginations they played Bright Eyes, Born in a Mourning Hall, Imaginations, and Script. So I am actually hoping that they play And the Story Ends in Dallas since I haven't seen that one yet and it's one of my favorites from that album.

Hedge Wizard

#172 Post by Hedge Wizard » 03 Nov 2015 07:45

The Philly show was great! I was surprised that they played Wizard's Crown again - maybe getting another take for inclusion on the live album? Would be cool. Pretty much the same set as Worcester but with Lost and Imaginations swapped for Welcome and And the Story Ends. I don't remember seeing Welcome on any of this tours' setlists so that was a nice addition, and getting to hear And the Story Ends (which I've always liked) was great. Despite the vastly similar set it was enjoyable. Hansi's banter is never really rehearsed which is nice too; adds a personal touch to all the shows.

Unfortunately I got there a little late and missed Grave Digger's set this time.

Ryu

#174 Post by Ryu » 11 Nov 2015 06:17

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 51db6.html

No real surprises from the Chicago setlist; merely seeing them was the surprise as they're only ever around once every five years and I missed the At the Edge of Time Tour. I shouldn't be picky. I'd already seen more than half of the setlist live already, but this venue was leagues beyond the previous (Minneapolis, Station 4 or whatever) as I could actually hear every instrument and there were actually backing vocals to be discerned.

I found myself more in awe of the fact I was seeing my favorite band move and perform within fifty feet of me. None of the songs were lacking in any way - they played it safe - so I pretty much got what I expected. A surprise would have been nice. I held out, and a "HOLY GRAIL, HOLY GRAIL" chant nearly picked up and got noticed by Hansi. It died off too soon..

My problems were my own. I'm 5'8" tall (173 cm) so I often couldn't see the stage. Attempting to elbow my way through wasn't really successful either. I wasn't front and center for any portion of the show, which was a bit of a letdown. I spent a lot of time with my head thrown back screaming each song line for line - I wish I could relive it and have the opportunity to pay better attention. ;)

Pros:
Total chills when the lights dimmed and The Ninth Wave's intro came over the sound system. Nothing compares. The best way they've started a show in their history.
All new songs (only 3..) were as good as or better than the album versions.
The band was highly energetic and spirited. In MN in 2006, Marcus often rolled his eyes at the crowd, and Andre basically stood as still as possible. Maybe blame that shitty venue.
Decent sound - I don't go to metal shows expecting to pick up on the nuances in the instrumentation, and the bass drums are usually deafening. But there was a fine balance in the mix.
Hansi hit some notes I hadn't heard him even attempt in most other shows. See: Prophecies
One of my bucket list BG songs was played - Lost in the Twilight Hall. Not uncommon throughout their career, but a gem nowadays.
Crowd participation was at a maximum and at times deafening. Hansi seemed humbled.

Cons:
Drinks and the cost thereof. Never drink booze at a Chicago venue.
Space - they could have easily done this show at the Aragon with some more elbow room. I'd estimate as many people were at this show as were at Dethklok in 2012. Dethklok had plenty of breathing room, space in the back, and the prospect of getting up front wasn't unheard of. On that note, attempting to muscle through people - there were some rude motherfuckers who just shrugged at me when I was politely asking to step around them, with plenty of space to spare on their part.
People were throwing up and thus quarantining sections of the floor before Grave Digger even finished.
Formulaic setlist, but as I hadn't seen them since '06, I can't really complain.
Short show (barely hitting the two hour mark). For only having one opening act, it left something to be desired in terms of time spent on stage. It was only about 15 minutes between Grave Digger and BG, and the encore "rests" only took about 5. They seemed very very pressed for time, which may not be their fault. Doors at 7, Grave Digger at 8, BG at 9:10, show ended about 11:00 - 11:10. I feel another 3-5 songs could've happened.

All in all, I'd say the best performances and experiences in terms of songs would go to The Ninth Wave and Mirror Mirror. Sacred Worlds has never been a favorite of mine so it wasn't up there for me, and Into the Storm is really only ever desirable (in my opinion) due to the insanity it incites in the crowd. Was really hoping for Wheel of Time to begin the first encore and Somewhere Far Beyond (yeah, right) to begin the second.

Nonetheless, I'll be back next time.
Defiant of destiny

Drahcir

#175 Post by Drahcir » 11 Nov 2015 09:20

^ Good review. I haven't seen them since 2006 either and that seems like a different lifetime ago. Now I know what to expect a bit more as far as set length. For the show in Dallas I will be arriving to the venue 4-5 hours early to assure that I am front row or at least near it. Their setlist from Minnesota a couple of nights ago was my favorite so far from the US tour. Of course I'd be happy with the Chicago setlist, too. :wink:

Drahcir

#176 Post by Drahcir » 12 Nov 2015 19:30

Denver setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 50ca5.html

They got Wheel of Time instead of Sacred Worlds.

Only 12 days left 'till the Dallas show! :D

Hedge Wizard

#177 Post by Hedge Wizard » 13 Nov 2015 07:18

Those lucky guys! And I see I'm Alive has made a comeback.

Jon The Wise

#178 Post by Jon The Wise » 15 Nov 2015 18:20

Only 3 tracks posted from last night's show. Did they play the whole set or was there an issue with the show I wonder, probably just not the completed set yet.

Evlpez

#179 Post by Evlpez » 15 Nov 2015 23:26

Jon The Wise wrote:Only 3 tracks posted from last night's show. Did they play the whole set or was there an issue with the show I wonder, probably just not the completed set yet.
There was NOTHING wrong with last night, I assure you. It's not a complete list on setlist.fm. I'm trying to gather my thoughts about the last two nights' shows before posting (freaking incredible, of course), but we just got home from travelling from them and the roads weren't fun. Also, I'm not very good at remembering the order from a show so I can't be sure my setlist from last night will be right (and I'm not interested in being a setlist.fm member so I'm not posting there, only here).

Came home to this:

Evlpez

#180 Post by Evlpez » 16 Nov 2015 01:41

All right, so I have a lot to say. Lol. Ignore this post if you’re bored, I won’t be offended. No one will force you to read all my rambling.

Calgary's concert was at McEwan Hall, a college hall that wasn't nearly full enough of people. Calgary isn't typically a good concert city IMO, the crowds are lukewarm and the venues treat us like crap, but this was an exception. Excellent security, fast line going into the venue and the crowd had a lot of Edmonton concert-goers in it (I suspect) because it was very enthusiastic - but that might just be because it was Blind Guardian and Grave Digger fans. The sound wasn't great, because it's a multi-purpose hall with high, raftered ceilings and some of the sound disappears up there. The sound crew were fantastic though and we didn't complain too much until we heard the superior sound the next night in Edmonton. Here's the set list, and it's accurate as far as I can remember. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 5098b.html

My favourite moments (same or similar for songs that were played both nights. Seriously.):

Blind Guardian concerts feel like Tribe Gatherings. Pretty quick, fans who know all the words recognize each other as "family" and everyone shares those glances as we sing along, sharing the drama in the story being told, and the collective consciousness like a party getting ready for a hunt or battle. If you've seen them live with like-minded people, you know what I mean.

The Ninth Wave: "Sail on till you reach the promised land..." we all sang along at the top of our lungs, jumping and punching the air for the first time of the night. It was a great energy-builder for the crowd and they delivered in all their fan-gushing, eager-to-celebrate way.

Everything after: Huge singalongs for every song, pretty much. This was a fan crowd and there was a real brotherhood-y spirit there. I was there with my husband and our two young teenagers, who aren't used to standing for a concert and were kept up too late. (I wasn't very sympathetic. [ / mean-old-lady ]) There were several little kids around having a good time, and one little girl (couldn't be more than 6) on her daddy's shoulders, wearing furs with a sword hilt sticking out of the top of her back, trying desperately to give the horns and managing a peace-sign hand. It was freaking adorable. Someone's doing it right, eh? The pack of young men next to us (we always stand right by/in front of the sound booth) were very friendly and visited with us leading up to the concert, and we nodded to each other knowingly as we all sang along.

Specifically..
Nightfall: The whole crowd waving their arms in the air and singing along... Nice. The only thing missing was group hugs, I think.

The Last Candle: Singalong was epic, the band were surprised to hear (attempted) harmonies from the crowd.

Lord of the Rings: My family have an inside joke about some lyrics in this song so all four of us had a good time singing along together on this one.

Majesty: This is a crowd fave. I wasn't expecting it because they played it when I saw them 5 years ago in Edmonton and everyone online seemed surprised and wished they'd gotten it. It was pretty epic to see the crowd lose it on this again as well. So happy.

Script for my Requiem: I've always liked this one. The very primal tribal moment live, when the crowd shouts "CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY!" Goosebumps.

Sacred World: One of my absolute favourite songs, and they didn't play this when I saw them before, so I pretty much lost it when they kicked into it on Friday. Hubby had the kids outside in the hall for a rest, and my son ran in to sing and dance with me to this, because he knows it’s significant to me. I even bought the game because of this song. Lol. [ /geek]

Valhalla: The crowd were chanting for this very early in the night (like 2 or 3 songs in) and Hansi warned them all not to wish for Valhalla so soon (“we don't want an early departure to Valhalla,” or something like that). It was cool. And when it was finally played, of course the crowd went crazy and we sang it several times too many, because you know how easy it is for the crowd to get lost in that moment, as the boys are smiling and nodding approvingly. Plus it gives them a bit of a chance to catch their breath while we do all the singing. It’s a classic BG Live moment that every performance needs. I don't know if that one will EVER get old for any of us.

The Bard’s Song: I don’t think I need to say it but I will. This song is so intimate, no matter how close you are to the stage. It’s like Marcus and Andre are in your living room playing guitar and the whole family are singing along. Absolute Magic.

Here's how I remembered last night in Edmonton, roughly. Encores are hard to gauge here, the hall was a tiny bar (who’s idea was this, to book the Union Hall? I won’t complain because I was maybe 15 feet away from Andre and 20 from Hansi, and that isn’t even front row, but this place is TINY) and the guys never left the stage (Except Hansi, during guitar solos when he ducked behind the stage to catch his breath), they just said "This is the last song" and after that song the crowd went insane and they jumped right into the encores. My order is probably way off. This looks like too many songs and I am most likely wrong about “Imaginations”. But then, I've been listening to them steadily for the last couple weeks so I should be excused for a poor memory of what I’ve seen/heard.

(edited now that the real setlist was posted on setlist.fm here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 575f1.html)
The Ninth Wave
Banish from Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Prophecies
Lost in the Twilight Hall
Lord of the Rings
Time Stands Still (at the Iron Hill)
Bright Eyes
And the Story Ends

Encore:
Welcome to Dying
Twilight of the Gods
Valhalla

Encore 2:
The Last Candle
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Mirror Mirror

So of course, all the things that I loved about singing along with the Calgary crowd also go for the Edmonton crowd, only more so. The difference is the size of the hall, and that Edmonton apparently produces better singers. (seriously, we sounded freaking awesome. Lol) We were shoulder-to-shoulder so it’s harder to jump around and scream and wave my arms the same way. My apologies to all the people around me who weren’t able to get out of the way of the ‘crazy-old-lady freaking out’ to every song. Also I apologise to everyone whose video might have been ruined because I sing really freaking loud. Lol. So.. the hall. This place is super tiny. Like, it’s just a little bar, man. And the stage barely fits the band on it. The crowd gather all around 3 sides of it, and along balconies above on all 4 sides. Poor Hansi joked “I’m the front man, so I guess I’ll call THIS the front,” and gestured to the rabid tribe filling the dance floor shoulder-to-shoulder and chest-to-back. He only had to reach out his hand to shake hands/high-five/bump fists with hundreds of fans, which he did time and again. So imagine being in a little tavern with the bards, and everyone knows all the words and you can’t really move because you’re a part of this moving, singing organism celebrating all things Blind Guardian. Yeah, that.

Also:
Bright Eyes, Welcome to Dying: I didn’t expect these, but the crowd went (more) nuts. It was awesome.

The Last Candle: The singalong went on a long time because it sounded so great. All the parts were being sung (well) by the crowd and I think the guys wanted a good recording of it. Sounded incredible.

I’m out of words. Whew. What a great weekend. I can barely walk because my back is so messed up from all the standing, jumping, dancing and waving my arms around. (Old lady, remember). It was worth it.

(Here's a pic of the hall in Edmonton, but not with BG in it. Just so you can see sorta what it was like. Imagine lots more long hair and metal tee shirts though, you know know. http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=im ... 6656001471)
Last edited by Evlpez on 16 Nov 2015 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Drahcir

#181 Post by Drahcir » 16 Nov 2015 07:18

Wow, they played Welcome to Dying instead of Sacred Worlds or Wheel of Time in Edmonton. I wouldn't expect that. And they played And The Story Ends, one of my favorites. :D

Now I really don't know what to expect in the setlist when they come to Dallas. :shock:

Jon The Wise

#182 Post by Jon The Wise » 16 Nov 2015 17:12

Yeah, its up. 4 from Tales, pretty crazy, with Last Candle done where Into The Storm would have been, and Into The Storm was not done in Edmonton. Imaginations was done the previous night as well but not in Edmonton.

Evlpez

#183 Post by Evlpez » 16 Nov 2015 17:27

I thought I remembered Into the Storm from Edmonton but I was wrong. Crew were throwing set lists into the audience as I was leaving so I'm really glad someone who got one edited at setlist.fm.

Drahcir

#184 Post by Drahcir » 25 Nov 2015 08:24

Dallas setlist

1. The Ninth Wave
2. Banish from Sanctuary
3. Nightfall
4. Fly
5. Tanelorn
6. Prophecies
7. The Last Candle
8. Lord of the Rings
9. And Then There Was Silence
10. Welcome to Dying
11. Imaginations from the Other Side

12. Sacred Worlds
13. Twilight of the Gods
14. Valhalla

15. And the Story Ends
16. The Bards Song - In the Forest
17. Mirror Mirror

I was front row/center stage. Got a copy of the setlist and guitar pick. The played my top 5 favorite songs (And Then There Was Silence, Lord of the Rings, And the Story Ends, Sacred Worlds, Nightfall). Dream come true. Best BG show I've been to and possibly the best show I've ever been to.

Drahcir

#185 Post by Drahcir » 26 Nov 2015 09:12

Last edited by Drahcir on 26 Nov 2015 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

Warmoth

#186 Post by Warmoth » 26 Nov 2015 09:51

Just got back from the Houston show. Awesome.

First time to see the Bards live. I was pleased with the set-list, but I would have loved "And the Story Ends" In place of Majesty. The crowd was chanting for Majesty pretty hardcore though. I'm really glad they played "And then there was Silence", "Imaginations", Last Candle" and "Lord of the Rings". Some of my personal favs.

Never seen Grave Digger either, and truthfully didn't know much about them - But I must say they were badass. I caught one of the drumsticks too, so that's cool.

I thought the shirts were priced pretty high, $30.00 each. Maybe I've been spoiled by other bands.

All in all a great show, no shitty opening acts, lol. I brought 4 friends who known next to nothing about Blind Guardian, or Grave Digger and they all managed to enjoy themselves.

Warmoth

#187 Post by Warmoth » 26 Nov 2015 10:07

I snapped a few quick pics. If I had spent more time they probably would have turned out better...

Hansi
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m51 ... an2pfn.jpg
Andre
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m51 ... kqfkwo.jpg
Marcus
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m51 ... mkmbwe.jpg
All 3
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m51 ... hsivjr.jpg

As amusing as the shot of Hansi is, I wish his face was visible. :(
Last edited by Warmoth on 28 Sep 2016 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Drahcir

#188 Post by Drahcir » 26 Nov 2015 10:11

Wheel of Time must have been amazing! :D I would have liked to go to that show as well but wasn't able to.

In Dallas I was trying to start a chant for Majesty right after The Bard's Song, but then someone threw a cup of water at Hansi and it landed near his shoulder. He didn't look happy about that. I guess that killed any chance of them playing Majesty.

I was actually screaming for And the Story Ends for the whole concert, but apparently the song was already on the setlist since I got a copy of it, so them playing it was a coincidence and not due to me screaming for it. It's actually my favorite song next to And Then There Was Silence, so I went crazy when they played it.

I wasn't familiar with Grave Digger either and had only heard a couple of songs (Rebellion, Excalibur), but man they put on a killer show. Blind Guardian and Grave Digger make a really good combination.

I went alone to the concert because my girlfriend wouldn't come with me. I made it to the show 4 hours early so that I could be the first in line. I didn't move the whole time so that I wouldn't lose my spot and jeopardize not being in front row since I had no one to hold my spot. It was physically tough but well worth it since I was front & center!

Drahcir

#189 Post by Drahcir » 28 Nov 2015 12:47

The Curse of Feanor played live for the first time ever in Atlanta

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 2ae92.html

The Ninth Wave
Banish from Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Majesty
Lord of the Rings
And Then There Was Silence
The Curse of Feanor
Imaginations from the Other Side

Sacred Worlds
Twilight of the Gods
Valhalla

Into the Storm
Mirror Mirror

mmxz

#190 Post by mmxz » 28 Nov 2015 14:49

Drahcir wrote:The Curse of Feanor played live for the first time ever in Atlanta

The Ninth Wave
Banish from Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Majesty
Lord of the Rings
The Curse of Feanor

Sacred Worlds
Twilight of the Gods
Valhalla

Into the Storm
Mirror Mirror
I need video confirmation to belive this to be true.
If it is, I´ll probably shit my pants :shock:

Beorn

#191 Post by Beorn » 28 Nov 2015 18:57

mmxz wrote:
Drahcir wrote:The Curse of Feanor played live for the first time ever in Atlanta

The Ninth Wave
Banish from Sanctuary
Nightfall
Fly
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Prophecies
The Last Candle
Majesty
Lord of the Rings
The Curse of Feanor

Sacred Worlds
Twilight of the Gods
Valhalla

Into the Storm
Mirror Mirror
I need video confirmation to belive this to be true.
If it is, I´ll probably shit my pants :shock:

Start shitting. I was there last night. It was unbelievable. What an honor to be able to be at the show where they played it first!

Ryu

#192 Post by Ryu » 28 Nov 2015 20:29

Okay, please tell me someone has a video of this. It's the first BG song I ever heard and one I want to see live more than most others. Guess I'll have to take what I can get.

Next you'll tell me they played Battlefield in Orlando.
Defiant of destiny

Jon The Wise

#193 Post by Jon The Wise » 28 Nov 2015 22:20

Saw that early this morning, that is crazy. Have not seen a vid yet though. Why wasn't it done earlier, they must have just winged it in soundcheck and decided to give it a whirl. :twisted:

JazzJackrabbit

#194 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 28 Nov 2015 22:25

Wow that's crazy! Haven't been able to find a video yet but hopefully one will show up and it better be on the live album!

Beorn

#195 Post by Beorn » 29 Nov 2015 01:03

JazzJackrabbit wrote:Wow that's crazy! Haven't been able to find a video yet but hopefully one will show up and it better be on the live album!
Haven't seen a video, but early in the show, Hansi asked if we minded if they recorded a special song for the live album later in the set.
We all agreed. :-)

I was at the rail, right in front of Marcus, Hansi came over and sang a good bit of the song right over my head.

Led Guardian

#196 Post by Led Guardian » 29 Nov 2015 01:56

WHAT THE FUCK THEY PLAYED CURSE OF FEANOR. ATLANTA IS MY MORTAL ENEMY NOW
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Drahcir

#197 Post by Drahcir » 29 Nov 2015 02:43

Led Guardian wrote:WHAT THE FUCK THEY PLAYED CURSE OF FEANOR. ATLANTA IS MY MORTAL ENEMY NOW
Haha, well I'm okay with it since The Curse of Feanor is not one of my personal top favorite BG songs. On the other hand, And the Story Ends is my favorite song after ATTWS, and they happened to play both in Dallas, so that was perfect for me. This tour has had a lot of interesting and varied setlists for sure. I can't wait to see what appears on the new live CD.

Hedge Wizard

#198 Post by Hedge Wizard » 29 Nov 2015 06:32

I'm shocked. And they played ATTWS before that, and then IFTOS right after? That takes some endurance, especially so late in the tour! Just one more reason Blind Guardian is the best band in the world.

Drahcir

#199 Post by Drahcir » 29 Nov 2015 08:21

Hedge Wizard wrote:I'm shocked. And they played ATTWS before that, and then IFTOS right after? That takes some endurance, especially so late in the tour! Just one more reason Blind Guardian is the best band in the world.
I was surprised they brought back ATTWS so late in the US tour, on just the last few tour dates. I would expect the opposite in other bands - for the setlist to shorten and more complex songs to be dropped. Unbelievable. I was truly impressed and blown away by Blind Guardian once again.

In Orlando they played Wheel of Time instead of Imaginations and Barbara Ann instead of Majesty. Someone posted it on facebook and will probably be on setlistfm soon.

mmxz

#200 Post by mmxz » 29 Nov 2015 09:30

There's a 17 second video of the chorus on youtube, best way ever to start the day :D :shock: