Tour ticket price

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
OmegaSlayer

Tour ticket price

#1 Post by OmegaSlayer » 14 Mar 2015 12:53

I just checked the price for the ticket.
In Italy, for the concert in Roma, it's a whooooooping € 37.00
Behemoth, Queensryche (mini festival with other bands TBA) and Korn prices at the same venue are/were € 25.00, € 30.00 and € 42.00 respectively.
Honestly it seems too much regarding BG size compared to those other bands.

What's the price in your Country, even compared to other bands?

Infernal Lord

Re: Tour ticket price

#2 Post by Infernal Lord » 14 Mar 2015 17:12

I payed £30 (approx €42 / $44) per ticket for the Camden, London show. I thought that was a real bargain!

Slipknot in Wembley in January was £80 per ticket (booked quite late, to be fair) and Metallica at Reading (Festival day pass) for this August is about £80 too.

All these prices include all the booking fees, etc.

I was chuffed with £30 for Blind Guardian, anyway. 8)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago
We're the ones you've left alone

sciacallo010

#3 Post by sciacallo010 » 14 Mar 2015 18:02

I paid 34€ for Krefeld, 30£ for London and 37€ for Milan.
It's a bit higher than the average price for bands of approx the same level (but who decide what's a band's level? Every band has different expense, fanbase etc.), but it's totally worth it, and moreover they don't tour as much as some other bands (I've seen Megadeth 5 times in 4 years) so to me is fine to pay a few more euros for that.

Isis65

#4 Post by Isis65 » 14 Mar 2015 18:29

27 € Eindhoven (Eticket), 44 € Dusseldorf (in the venue office) 37 € Milan (Eticket).
Some place is expensive, some place is cheap.
It happens.
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Traveller in Time

#5 Post by Traveller in Time » 14 Mar 2015 22:00

Nightwish costs 50 euros

ok therefore you get Amorphis and Arch Enemy with them.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

sciacallo010

#6 Post by sciacallo010 » 15 Mar 2015 00:57

Well, with BG you'll get Orphaned Land which are absolutely amazing! (and the ticket to see just Orphaned Land last year was something like 18-20£)

OmegaSlayer

#7 Post by OmegaSlayer » 15 Mar 2015 13:27

sciacallo010 wrote:Well, with BG you'll get Orphaned Land which are absolutely amazing! (and the ticket to see just Orphaned Land last year was something like 18-20£)
I would have paid € 25.00 to see Orphaned Land Mabool era

sciacallo010

#8 Post by sciacallo010 » 15 Mar 2015 15:34

It was this tour 8)

PS: btw 20£ are 25€

Infernal Lord

#9 Post by Infernal Lord » 15 Mar 2015 19:30

sciacallo010 wrote:Well, with BG you'll get Orphaned Land which are absolutely amazing! (and the ticket to see just Orphaned Land last year was something like 18-20£)
I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to like that particular support act. The idea of a 'Middle Eastern message of peace through heavy music' or whatever it's supposed to be is hugely off-putting, frankly. :?
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

Led Guardian

#10 Post by Led Guardian » 15 Mar 2015 21:33

Infernal Lord wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to like that particular support act. The idea of a 'Middle Eastern message of peace through heavy music' or whatever it's supposed to be is hugely off-putting, frankly. :?
Messages of peace are off-putting? :?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Infernal Lord

#11 Post by Infernal Lord » 16 Mar 2015 00:37

Led Guardian wrote:
Infernal Lord wrote:
Not per se, but conceptually it doesn't work for me. It's hard to articulate. It's like they're trying too hard to shake off an 'unfortunate stereotype' or something.
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

sciacallo010

#12 Post by sciacallo010 » 16 Mar 2015 10:14

Infernal Lord wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:
Infernal Lord wrote: I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to like that particular support act. The idea of a 'Middle Eastern message of peace through heavy music' or whatever it's supposed to be is hugely off-putting, frankly. :?
Not per se, but conceptually it doesn't work for me. It's hard to articulate. It's like they're trying too hard to shake off an 'unfortunate stereotype' or something.
We could start saying that they come from a very different background with their country than me and you, probably (as I don't know you), I don't think they're "trying too hard to shake of a stereotype".
Music is truly a connecting language through cultures, so using it to promote a message of peace in a troubled place and situation to me is remarkable.
Aside from that their music is great so if you really don't like they lyrics (and honestly I don't get it; btw they don't have only "pacifists" lyrics) you could enjoy "just" the music ;)

OmegaSlayer

#13 Post by OmegaSlayer » 17 Mar 2015 09:35

Mabool tour but with or without Yossi?

Infernal Lord

#14 Post by Infernal Lord » 17 Mar 2015 19:54

sciacallo010 wrote:We could start saying that they come from a very different background with their country than me and you, probably (as I don't know you), I don't think they're "trying too hard to shake of a stereotype".
Music is truly a connecting language through cultures, so using it to promote a message of peace in a troubled place and situation to me is remarkable.
Aside from that their music is great so if you really don't like they lyrics (and honestly I don't get it; btw they don't have only "pacifists" lyrics) you could enjoy "just" the music ;)
Yeah, all of that is true enough. I'll certainly check them out at the show, but having listened to some of their studio stuff (when I found out they were supporting BG) I reckon it's not really my cup of tea. Not terrible, but not great either.
I dunno. We'll see! ;)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

OmegaSlayer

#15 Post by OmegaSlayer » 17 Mar 2015 21:12

Infernal Lord wrote: Yeah, all of that is true enough. I'll certainly check them out at the show, but having listened to some of their studio stuff (when I found out they were supporting BG) I reckon it's not really my cup of tea. Not terrible, but not great either.
I dunno. We'll see! ;)
Their last 2 albums are the worst. Keep it in mind ;)

sciacallo010

#16 Post by sciacallo010 » 17 Mar 2015 22:19

OmegaSlayer wrote:Mabool tour but with or without Yossi?
Unfortunately he already left, but it was amazing nonetheless

Avelar

#17 Post by Avelar » 27 Mar 2015 10:19

I would love to attend concerts in Pratteln and Munich (which cost 41.25$ and 44$ by the way).
Unfortunately there is no print ticket at home option and the delivery to Belarus is expensive.
For the concert in Pratteln there is an option to book a ticket at fnactickets.com and pick it in one of there stores. But I don't know if it is possible to book it now and acquire on the day before the concert. This is the earliest date I'll be able to do this.
For the concert in Munich there is no even this option. Only the mail send.

I need an advice on how to get these tickets. Is it usually possible to buy a ticket in a ticket-office on the day of concert or the day before? How big is the chance of all tickets being sold-out by this time?
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Dark Age

#18 Post by Dark Age » 27 Mar 2015 18:31

Munich: don't know. The capacity of the venue is pretty high. I don't think it will be sold out.

Pratteln: each time I was there it was sold out. And in the last Z7 Newsletter it was mentioned, that only a few tickets are left. You could contact Norbert (chief of Z7 and very nice) via their facebook page to buy your ticket now and get it at the venue before the gig starts.
Our lives are merely trees of possibilities

Avelar

#19 Post by Avelar » 28 Mar 2015 00:21

Thanks for the help! I'll follow your advice.
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Greektrooper

#20 Post by Greektrooper » 29 Mar 2015 12:51

In Greece there are 2 shows. 32 euros for each day & 55 for both. Actually its the most expensive live of the year so far!!!! And I'm not sure if Orphaned Land will be playing in Greece. Judas Priest in a festival this summer along with Prodigy 36 & 39 euros, Sabaton 20 euros, Accept 25, Black label Society 24, Eluveitie with Skalmold 20 and 25 euros!!!!! As you can see there is an issue with Guardian's tickets. Not sure who is responsible for this....the management, the promoter,the band...........

Cazu

#21 Post by Cazu » 02 Apr 2015 10:19

Hello there !
Has anybody a good deal to get tickets for the Barcelona venue ?

I'm from France and all online sites (like viagogo...) ask for 40€ just for postal fees !!
No way I pay this...

Thank you by advance for your help :) !

Infernal Lord

#22 Post by Infernal Lord » 13 Apr 2015 22:06

Having now been to the London show, I can say with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that the price I paid for my ticket was excellent value for money. How many bands play for 2hrs 10mins for £30?! Bargain. And thanks a lot to the Bards, frankly!! 8)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

ErHaO

#23 Post by ErHaO » 15 Apr 2015 18:05

Yeah guys, they are in great shape and the setlist is of a good length and variety. And Orphaned Land is an interesting and very distinct opener. My tickets for NL were only 27 eu (all inc), but would've gladly payed more for the concert I got.

And as a plus they are recording most of this tour. Might bring some extra technicians and costs with it? Since most of them are in fact Dutchies/Germans it could explain the cost difference in countries further away.
Cazu wrote:Hello there !
Has anybody a good deal to get tickets for the Barcelona venue ?

I'm from France and all online sites (like viagogo...) ask for 40€ just for postal fees !!
No way I pay this...

Thank you by advance for your help :) !
Sorry, no clue. Maybe call/mail the venue?

sciacallo010

#24 Post by sciacallo010 » 15 Apr 2015 19:14

Infernal Lord wrote:Having now been to the London show, I can say with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that the price I paid for my ticket was excellent value for money. How many bands play for 2hrs 10mins for £30?! Bargain. And thanks a lot to the Bards, frankly!! 8)
What are your thoughts on Orphaned Land now that you've seen them?

Nahar

#25 Post by Nahar » 16 Apr 2015 14:46

Seriously?..

Orphaned Land as opener for BG and no concert in Israel??
:x

I really hope they will try and convince them to come here...
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

sciacallo010

#26 Post by sciacallo010 » 16 Apr 2015 15:40

Nahar wrote:Seriously?..

Orphaned Land as opener for BG and no concert in Israel??
:x

I really hope they will try and convince them to come here...
Don't lose hopes mate, they already said that maybe there will be a more extended UK tour after the american ones, then next year they'll bee touring the festivals, so to me it's highly possible that they'll announce other gigs in other places (hopefully in Israel too) by then ;)

Gandalf de Grijze

#27 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 16 Apr 2015 17:28

It isn't up to BG, but up to local promoters in israel to actually book them...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Infernal Lord

#28 Post by Infernal Lord » 17 Apr 2015 20:03

sciacallo010 wrote:
Infernal Lord wrote:Having now been to the London show, I can say with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that the price I paid for my ticket was excellent value for money. How many bands play for 2hrs 10mins for £30?! Bargain. And thanks a lot to the Bards, frankly!! 8)
What are your thoughts on Orphaned Land now that you've seen them?
Yeah they were ok. I couldn't hear a single lyric clearly but the music was decent enough. Something still didn't sit quite right with me, though. I really can't put my finger on what that was and although I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy their back catalogue or anything I wouldn't mind hearing some of their studio songs. It's a strange mix of interest and something else... :?

To be honest - as it should have been - the entire evening was so dominated by an awesome Blind Guardian experience that the support act was almost irrelevant! :mrgreen:
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago