Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.

Which old song is "Harvester of Souls" ?

1. Battlefield
3
33%
2. Under the Ice
1
11%
3. Punishment Divine
1
11%
4. The Soulforged
1
11%
5. Otherland
0
No votes
6. Road Of No Release
0
No votes
7. The Prophecies
0
No votes
8. And the Story Ends
1
11%
9. Precious Jerusalem
0
No votes
10. The Script for My Requiem
0
No votes
11. Theatre of Pain
0
No votes
13. At The Edge Of Time
2
22%
 
Total votes: 9

Message
Author
Traveller in Time
Posts: 1116
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#251 Post by Traveller in Time » 28 Aug 2019 23:18

here we go from metal hammer pre-listening session, i tried real hard, but the way it was written was even in german hard to understand. maybe someone has better ideas how to translate it properly.

1618 Overture:
demonic voices, a whiz and rumble
out of that a orchestra starts playing, first gently then growing grandiosly, soon accompanied by a electric distorted drums and coral singing

The Gathering:
The first radio play like part which immedialty reminds on Nightfall in Middle Earth, no wondering BG could hire nearly the same narrators.

War feeds war:
Finally we are in the thick of it. It sounds typically like BG, but without metal instruments.
Dreamy, balladic and grandios automatically makes you think about ATTWS. Close to the end drums and orchester have a duel.

Dark Cloud's rising (Comets and prophecies):
gentle strings create a soft, playful atmosphere, Hansi joins in perfect.
new spirit of optimism sets in, but dark prophecies turn into accoustic form.
Hansi joins the orchester in harmony.
song structure is like the last album.

In The Underworld (The Ritual):
a venom-like scream creates the transition to a dark song start.
After the dramatic refrain follows a set, nightmare-like chaos.
Hansi's voice rules conductively during the whole album

The Great ordeal (a secret society):
Images are created in your mind by dancing and storytelling like in a disney movie
before the song turns into a powerful song. The hard hitting song reminds on the refrain of Twillight of the gods

In The Dwarf's tower (Bez):
Pulsating prog-rock bass, the structure which seems to be the refrain is pushed by a curse-like singing with whizzing repeated words.
The jazz and swing like middle section stands out and somehow from there a path is drawn to the enourmous climax.

Treason (Into the battle):
reduced fairytale beginning expands to a straight forward refrain with strong melody. Again a very classic song, only played by strings and brass instead of speed metal instruments.

Point of no return (between the realms):
Maybe the best song for beginners, because the BG character shines through it.The speed is rising. Hansi takes though the dialogue with the choir. Huge and bombastic like Wheel Of Time
the opportunity to clench your fist and join into the singing

Nephilim (The white horseman):
Enormous dynamic between standalone singings and a sound wall made by instruments

Harvester Of Souls (Trial and Coronation):
Mystic sound. From darkness it develops a lust for attacking and a monumental marching sound. Melody and urgency remind on the final on Nightfall. prepare for the last battle

This storm (conquest is over):
melancholic strings, portentous sounds. Hansi shows all his range from high ministrel singing to low aggressiv singing. This song is a roller coaster, once again with a strong striking refrain

Beyond the wall (the great assault):
Angel's choir in the narrating begin and an melancholic Hansi.a Stakkato refering to menace plus growing agression colabs in a prophetic final.

Conclusion:
after the first listening a bombastic opus hard to fully receive, which shows the love for details and the muscial roots of BG
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 511
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#252 Post by wade-newb » 29 Aug 2019 09:03

Thank you so much for that translation, I am so much more excited now 😭
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#253 Post by priderock » 29 Aug 2019 15:45

Thank you very much Traveller in Time!!! From I've read, it seems that one of the biggest climaxes in the whole opus is going to be in "Harvester of Souls" song ("... in the final battle"), which makes me even more curious which this song actually is... First of all, I'm completely sure that the difference than the original one will be astonishing. It'a a 7 and a half minutes song taking place on a grand battle finale, so we need a song with a lot of shifts, battle echoes, cries, marching armies and so on... All of this leads me to the conclusion that "Battlefield" seems to be the only pretender here :?

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1116
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#254 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Aug 2019 22:03

you are welcome.

btw there is already first t-shirt:

Image
Image
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#255 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Aug 2019 00:19

Yeah, you know, now that I think of it, "Battlefield" could very well be that old song. Its orchestral re-imagining should be quite magnificent.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#256 Post by Wizard's Crown » 30 Aug 2019 15:05

Thanks for the translation!

As I am the one who always complains, the only thing that puts me into thoughts is the words of the conclusion; I'm concerned with the "hard to fully recieve" part, and especially im concerned that Blind Guardian in their attempt to compose their best album of their career, maybe have exagerated a bit and lost the balance (I thing that is what happened with the last record anyway).

BUT it is waaaay to early to make any judgement..just some early early thoughts!

Take care everyone!

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1116
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#257 Post by Traveller in Time » 30 Aug 2019 16:29

hard to fully receive meant that the pre-listening journalist can't make a full review about the album and after a second, third or fourth listening some of his words might change. But they had only one spin.
Every complex album needs more spins that's all, it wasn't meant that it is difficult to listen to it is just a huge amount of genius music! 8)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#258 Post by Dragonfly » 30 Aug 2019 20:35

Traveller in Time wrote:
30 Aug 2019 16:29
hard to fully receive meant that the pre-listening journalist can't make a full review about the album and after a second, third or fourth listening some of his words might change. But they had only one spin.
Every complex album needs more spins that's all, it wasn't meant that it is difficult to listen to it is just a huge amount of genius music! 8)
Truer words have never been spoken about this band! So many people seem incapable of understanding that.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1116
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#259 Post by Traveller in Time » 01 Sep 2019 03:26

i was stupid. that is not the first t-shirt, about orchestra album, it is just the first EMP shirt concerning the album.....
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#260 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 12:00

"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1116
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#261 Post by Traveller in Time » 01 Sep 2019 12:22

priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:00
"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:
nice. can you write me a pn? i am curious ;-)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#262 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 12:40

Traveller in Time wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:22
priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:00
"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:
nice. can you write me a pn? i am curious ;-)
Just sent it. Did you receive it? ;)

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#263 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Sep 2019 12:46

Oh, I knew that the identity of that song would surface way sooner than it should. You are in possession of a great mystery, my friends... I'd hate to learn it too soon. Do you regret being spoiled so soon, priderock? Though it's nice that you are satisfied with the song they chose!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1116
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#264 Post by Traveller in Time » 01 Sep 2019 12:50

you are right Dragonfly, sometimes you kill the surprise, and i am already afraid of the first samples or the single, on the one hand you want to know how it sounds on the other hand seperated from the album concept you defnitly lose surprisings during lisitening. I am not sure how i will handle it, yet :D
Last edited by Traveller in Time on 01 Sep 2019 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#265 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 12:50

Dragonfly wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:46
Oh, I knew that the identity of that song would surface way sooner than it should. You are in possession of a great mystery, my friends... I'd hate to learn it too soon. Do you regret being spoiled so soon, priderock? Though it's nice that you are satisfied with the song they chose!
Since, it's this song... NO! I don't regret.. Now I'm even more curious to hear this song in an even glorious and more apocalyptic way(if that's even possible) :twisted:

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#266 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Sep 2019 12:53

Traveller in Time wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:50
you are right Dragonfly, sometimes you kill the surprise, and i am already afraid of the first samples or the single, on the one hand you want to know how it sounds on the other hand seperated from the album concept you difnitly lose surprisings during lisitening. I am not sure how i will handle it, yet :D
Well, you have about 5 days to think it over. I believe the first single drops next Friday? I won't be listening right then, will try to keep things fresh until I have the album in my hands, but it will be interesting to read others' opinions. Though by doing that, I will get spoiled eventually, in one way or another... :|
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#267 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 12:55

Yes, no single to me too!!! 2 months is nothing compared to the last 10 years...

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#268 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Sep 2019 13:01

We're on the same page! Looks like no one here is going to enjoy the song on the first day. :D
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#269 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 13:18

Dragonfly wrote:
01 Sep 2019 13:01
We're on the same page! Looks like no one here is going to enjoy the song on the first day. :D
Yes, I just don't understand the people that will fuck their whole experience, just to listen a single song...

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#270 Post by Dragonfly » 01 Sep 2019 13:22

priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 13:18
Dragonfly wrote:
01 Sep 2019 13:01
We're on the same page! Looks like no one here is going to enjoy the song on the first day. :D
Yes, I just don't understand the people that will fuck their whole experience, just to listen a single song...
Well, sometimes it's advisable just to make sure that you probably will like the album judging by the singles, if there is any doubt. Which in case of Blind Guardian, there isn't, especially with such a long-standing project like this. Been waiting for 9 years now, so like you said, a couple of months won't change much. Though I WILL be itchy to listen to it straight away for sure!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#271 Post by Wizard's Crown » 01 Sep 2019 16:35

Wow! Next Friday the release of the single? Time flies! And I'm with you.. I will try not to listen to the single so i can fully experience this album to its entirety, though the temptation is huge!
After all, this is a very special occasion for me, so it needs special treatment!
And for this case, im planning on to bying a vinyl player so that i can expand the musical experience! In fact I have made a topic in the forum so any help appreciated http://forum.blind-guardian.com/viewtop ... 21&t=48207!
We shouldn't forget, this is the point of no return!

Take care everyone!

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 357
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#272 Post by Ryu » 01 Sep 2019 16:55

priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:00
"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:
You can certainly shoot me a PM with this info as well :)
Defiant of destiny

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#273 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 17:10

Ryu wrote:
01 Sep 2019 16:55
priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:00
"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:
You can certainly shoot me a PM with this info as well :)
Done ;)
Hope to hear your impressions about the info... It's truly amazing and apocalyptic to me :)

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#274 Post by priderock » 01 Sep 2019 17:15

Wizard's Crown wrote:
01 Sep 2019 16:35
Wow! Next Friday the release of the single? Time flies! And I'm with you.. I will try not to listen to the single so i can fully experience this album to its entirety, though the temptation is huge!
After all, this is a very special occasion for me, so it needs special treatment!
And for this case, im planning on to bying a vinyl player so that i can expand the musical experience! In fact I have made a topic in the forum so any help appreciated http://forum.blind-guardian.com/viewtop ... 21&t=48207!
We shouldn't forget, this is the point of no return!

Take care everyone!

Yes, that's exactly what I did at the end of the last year. I bought a vinyl player just for the orchestral album and after that I bought the new vinyl releases and I was amazed how better the quality is... It's just unbeliviable..It's so organic and far bigger sound. Since then, I'm not listening B.G. on CD anymore. I'm using this model: SONY PS-HX500

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#275 Post by Wizard's Crown » 01 Sep 2019 18:01

priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 17:15
Wizard's Crown wrote:
01 Sep 2019 16:35
Wow! Next Friday the release of the single? Time flies! And I'm with you.. I will try not to listen to the single so i can fully experience this album to its entirety, though the temptation is huge!
After all, this is a very special occasion for me, so it needs special treatment!
And for this case, im planning on to bying a vinyl player so that i can expand the musical experience! In fact I have made a topic in the forum so any help appreciated http://forum.blind-guardian.com/viewtop ... 21&t=48207!
We shouldn't forget, this is the point of no return!

Take care everyone!

Yes, that's exactly what I did at the end of the last year. I bought a vinyl player just for the orchestral album and after that I bought the new vinyl releases and I was amazed how better the quality is... It's just unbeliviable..It's so organic and far bigger sound. Since then, I'm not listening B.G. on CD anymore. I'm using this model: SONY PS-HX500
Nice!! If you want you can provide me with some information that i need either on the topic i made or by PM!

Guardian'86
Posts: 81
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#276 Post by Guardian'86 » 01 Sep 2019 23:29

If I well remember all songs are new apart from "harvester of souls" ....on this topic I read it. If all lyrics and songs are news and so based on the novel of markus heitz it mean all new song with the same concept......Anyway I will try to not listen to the new sing because I prefer to enjoy this magnificient and mind-blowing opera on its entirety.....just like It deserves!!
Anyway Thanks to priderock for this informations/spoliers 8) 8)

LLAG
Posts: 11
Joined: 25 Sep 2012 10:35

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#277 Post by LLAG » 03 Sep 2019 18:46

I post an interview dedicated to D&W in which Hansi talks about his plans with Blind Guardian for the next two years.

What I think is a revelation is that they are planning a BG-festival to play the orchestral album. That could be the only live performance but if there was more interest they could play elsewhere.

I'd love to be in a concert like this, I don't know the real possibilities, but I'll have to plan a trip to Germany, as far as I can see.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jon-s ... first-two/

Nahar
Posts: 135
Joined: 17 Aug 2002 16:59
Location: Jerusalem, Israel

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#278 Post by Nahar » 04 Sep 2019 08:29

Harvester Of Souls (Trial and Coronation):
Mystic sound. From darkness it develops a lust for attacking and a monumental marching sound. Melody and urgency remind on the final on Nightfall. prepare for the last battle
So is it "A Dark Passage"?.. I don't know how the guesses in the poll were chosen...
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#279 Post by priderock » 04 Sep 2019 13:24

Nahar wrote:
04 Sep 2019 08:29
Harvester Of Souls (Trial and Coronation):
Mystic sound. From darkness it develops a lust for attacking and a monumental marching sound. Melody and urgency remind on the final on Nightfall. prepare for the last battle
So is it "A Dark Passage"?.. I don't know how the guesses in the poll were chosen...
No, it's not... It is no song from NIME. The key is in Hansi's words, when he said that "every song which is already released on an album is an old song for us :P "..

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 511
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#280 Post by wade-newb » 04 Sep 2019 14:17

In that case I’m actually willing to bet it’s Grand Parade.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.


User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 357
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#282 Post by Ryu » 04 Sep 2019 21:13

From which source do we know they're releasing a single on the 6th?

If the single is indeed releasing on the 6th, are they just going to announce it the day of and release it? I guess that'd be pretty hype inducing.
Defiant of destiny

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#283 Post by priderock » 04 Sep 2019 21:23

Ryu wrote:
04 Sep 2019 21:13
From which source do we know they're releasing a single on the 6th?

If the single is indeed releasing on the 6th, are they just going to announce it the day of and release it? I guess that'd be pretty hype inducing.
Nuclearblast said that the pre-orders will start on 6th. Personally, I never read that on this day it will be released. My personal opinion is that the pre-orders will start on Friday and most probably we will receive a new trailer for this case.

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#284 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Sep 2019 12:52

priderock wrote:
04 Sep 2019 21:23
Ryu wrote:
04 Sep 2019 21:13
From which source do we know they're releasing a single on the 6th?

If the single is indeed releasing on the 6th, are they just going to announce it the day of and release it? I guess that'd be pretty hype inducing.
Nuclearblast said that the pre-orders will start on 6th. Personally, I never read that on this day it will be released. My personal opinion is that the pre-orders will start on Friday and most probably we will receive a new trailer for this case.
Maybe I misunderstood that?.. I hope not. It's about bloody time to release the first song anyway. Two months until the release, come on!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#285 Post by priderock » 05 Sep 2019 13:03

Dragonfly wrote:
05 Sep 2019 12:52
priderock wrote:
04 Sep 2019 21:23
Ryu wrote:
04 Sep 2019 21:13
From which source do we know they're releasing a single on the 6th?

If the single is indeed releasing on the 6th, are they just going to announce it the day of and release it? I guess that'd be pretty hype inducing.
Nuclearblast said that the pre-orders will start on 6th. Personally, I never read that on this day it will be released. My personal opinion is that the pre-orders will start on Friday and most probably we will receive a new trailer for this case.
Maybe I misunderstood that?.. I hope not. It's about bloody time to release the first song anyway. Two months until the release, come on!
Yes, it is, but who cares, since we're not gonna listen to it. The temptation is far less this way :)

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#286 Post by Dragonfly » 05 Sep 2019 13:16

Yeah, but it's still there. :twisted:

By the way, Nuclear Blast updated the press-release for the album, some new (?) info: https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mu ... lands.html
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Guardian'86
Posts: 81
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#287 Post by Guardian'86 » 05 Sep 2019 13:48

Really pre-orders started on july 19th....anyway Hansi recorded his vocals in 2017 and 2018 even if this monumental album has been worked for 23 years....I spent all the adjectives for this monumental and mind-blowing album and if they will do live events for this I wouldn't miss it !!
Pretty pretty hyped and excited....it's all written here to describe my sensations and my feeling!!

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mu ... lands.html

Guardian'86
Posts: 81
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 18:25

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#288 Post by Guardian'86 » 06 Sep 2019 10:41

And here we are....the first jewel from "Legacy Of The Dark Lands"... for those who won't listening to it....just ignore ;) but I needed to taste what I will enjoy in a couple of months or so.. :D :D :D
p.s. my senses are already overwhelmed ;)

"Point Of No Return"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrZXuWbuVA

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 511
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#289 Post by wade-newb » 06 Sep 2019 11:06

Thanks for sharing! I listened and it’s... very, VERY different. But I enjoyed it. It’s musically quite diverse and not much at all like BG’s other music, which was nice. Can’t wait for the full album.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#290 Post by Dragonfly » 06 Sep 2019 13:26

Wow, so there IS indeed a single out today! Glad that I wasn't wrong! Though I thought it would be "This Storm", but apparently plans changed or something. This is a colossal day in Blind Guardian history, isn't it?
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#291 Post by priderock » 06 Sep 2019 14:23

Dragonfly wrote:
06 Sep 2019 13:26
Wow, so there IS indeed a single out today! Glad that I wasn't wrong! Though I thought it would be "This Storm", but apparently plans changed or something. This is a colossal day in Blind Guardian history, isn't it?
The physical single is "This Storm". It's already available on nuclearblast for pre-orders! ;)

User avatar
JazzJackrabbit
Posts: 131
Joined: 25 Nov 2014 18:21
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#292 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 06 Sep 2019 15:05

Guardian'86 wrote:
06 Sep 2019 10:41
And here we are....the first jewel from "Legacy Of The Dark Lands"... for those who won't listening to it....just ignore ;) but I needed to taste what I will enjoy in a couple of months or so.. :D :D :D
p.s. my senses are already overwhelmed ;)

"Point Of No Return"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrZXuWbuVA
Loving Hansi's vocals on this! If this song is any indication, we are certainly in for a treat. :D


User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 499
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#294 Post by Dragonfly » 06 Sep 2019 15:18

priderock wrote:
06 Sep 2019 14:23
Dragonfly wrote:
06 Sep 2019 13:26
Wow, so there IS indeed a single out today! Glad that I wasn't wrong! Though I thought it would be "This Storm", but apparently plans changed or something. This is a colossal day in Blind Guardian history, isn't it?
The physical single is "This Storm". It's already available on nuclearblast for pre-orders! ;)
Okay, I see now! To be released on 4 October, in a month. Cool artwork there!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#295 Post by Wizard's Crown » 06 Sep 2019 15:46

Couldn't resist..i heard it..just tasteful..the hype is officialy on!

User avatar
Warmoth
Posts: 102
Joined: 05 Dec 2014 17:30
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#296 Post by Warmoth » 06 Sep 2019 16:59

Just listened to it 3 times. There were definitely some great moments. For instance, when he says "Find the key to be Free" I was overwhelmed. Goosebumps allover. Maybe something I really needed to hear right now. And it was so grand.

That being said, overall I get vague Ayreon vibes. No insult intended to fans of that band, but I've tried to get into them a few times and their albums feel like singers just talking at the microphone for an hour and I find it very boring, and actually irritating. Not sure if that makes sense, but this track kinda gave me that vibe. Which isn't necessarily bad on an individual track. But I hope the whole album isn't that. I suppose that's the danger of doing an epic narrative and wanting to tell something specific.

I don't want to be the voice of dissent. I'm critical because I truly love Blind Guardian. I'm still very excited for what the full album will bring.

User avatar
Wizard's Crown
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2014 16:06

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#297 Post by Wizard's Crown » 06 Sep 2019 17:33

Warmoth wrote:
06 Sep 2019 16:59
Just listened to it 3 times. There were definitely some great moments. For instance, when he says "Find the key to be Free" I was overwhelmed. Goosebumps allover. Maybe something I really needed to hear right now. And it was so grand.

That being said, overall I get vague Ayreon vibes. No insult intended to fans of that band, but I've tried to get into them a few times and their albums feel like singers just talking at the microphone for an hour and I find it very boring, and actually irritating. Not sure if that makes sense, but this track kinda gave me that vibe. Which isn't necessarily bad on an individual track. But I hope the whole album isn't that. I suppose that's the danger of doing an epic narrative and wanting to tell something specific.

I don't want to be the voice of dissent. I'm critical because I truly love Blind Guardian. I'm still very excited for what the full album will bring.
Really interesting! Cause according to the track-by-track review above this track appears to be the closest to Blind Guardian music..we just have to see what the rest of the album will be like. I'm really curious for this..and especially for Andre Olbrich. He decided to stripped off his instrument and make a ballsy move to come forward as a composer. Let's see how far his imagination can go!

Led Guardian
Posts: 2445
Joined: 26 Mar 2008 21:08
Location: Somewhere less cliché than far beyond

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#298 Post by Led Guardian » 07 Sep 2019 03:48

priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:00
"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:
I'm curious to know as well, since I can't read the article.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

User avatar
Curufin
Posts: 185
Joined: 17 Aug 2002 23:58
Location: Sacramento, California, USA
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#299 Post by Curufin » 07 Sep 2019 05:01

I am very much looking forward to checking out this album!
Official Blind Guardian Forum Tarot Pimp.

Visit http://www.curufin.com/bg for all of your Blind Guardian needs!

Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!

Periaatteessa se tarkoittaa periaatteessa

priderock
Posts: 362
Joined: 17 Jan 2015 12:45

Re: Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra - "Legacy of the Dark Lands" (The Orchestral Project)

#300 Post by priderock » 07 Sep 2019 06:11

Led Guardian wrote:
07 Sep 2019 03:48
priderock wrote:
01 Sep 2019 12:00
"The single will be This Storm. It was composed during the "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" songwriting and was the first track composed for the orchestral album. Dark Cloud's Rising was the second song composed also during "Nightfall".It has a "Shire"(from LOTR)-mood. These informations are from "Deaf Forever", a Heavy Metal print magazine.The german press was invited to listen to the whole album already in the beginning of July." Just read that info :D

P.S. Also read which song does "Harvester of Souls" is.., but since it's a major spoiler, I'm not sure I want to write it just like that :D But, if it's true, than I'm more than happy since this is maybe my favourite B.G. song and here it will appear even bigger as it seems :twisted:
I'm curious to know as well, since I can't read the article.
You have a PM ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests