Blind Guardian's 11th studio album - THE ORCHESTRAL PROJECT

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Nahar

Re: Blind Guardian's 11th studio album - THE ORCHESTRAL PROJECT

#101 Post by Nahar » 08 Oct 2018 07:34

For starters (concerning NiME) - I'd be happy to learn of the reason for the use of the nickname "Fëanor" online.
I think most people (in and out of the books) dislike Fëanor (same can be said about Mordred, I suppose. Is that an intentional pattern?)...
He was the greatest of the elves according to Tolkien, but he wasn't a singer like Maglor, for example...

Is it related to being a perfectionist?
Was it meant to make people, like myself, wonder?
Is Fëanor misunderstood (by most readers)?
Is it just fun to have a wicked character for a nickname?...

Anyway - I hope we'll get more of the bards here again.
And of course news of the orchestral album are awesome and exciting :D
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

Dentarthurdent

#102 Post by Dentarthurdent » 10 Oct 2018 11:36

Orodaran wrote:
06 Oct 2018 00:39
So, years and years where the BG Forum was a thriving community, and now that everyone's disappeared over to Facebook, HANSI himself posts? :shock: :lol:

Anyway, excellent news about the album being quite well in the works!!!
Well, he was already late in coming to video games, maybe he's just trying out this whole "internet"-stuff :D
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

priderock

#103 Post by priderock » 15 Oct 2018 08:04

9 months from now? I don't know - what do you, guys, think? To me, this sounds more like the beginning of 2020, since Hansi always postpones the records with at least 6 months.
But as I said so many times - 2020 sounds even better to me as a number :) :mrgreen:

Dragonfly

#104 Post by Dragonfly » 15 Oct 2018 14:11

No no no, it should totally be 2019! Nine months from now... I'm okay with that unless it gets pushed back yet again. 2019 marks four years since the release of Beyond The Red Mirror so it's about time really!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

priderock

#105 Post by priderock » 15 Oct 2018 14:31

I don't know.., it will already be 4 and a half years actually. And I doubt that it will be delayed again.., there's no reason for that and they're almost nowhere in terms of LP12...
The question is just "when" - autumn 2019 ? or early 2020 ? :roll: :wink:

Traveller in Time

#106 Post by Traveller in Time » 15 Oct 2018 22:48

nothing is mixed so far.... there will be a D&W Tour (and maybe some production/recording work with the d&w album) then there is nearly 3 month of delay of announcement and release....so 9month is quite tough and tight, Mr-Kürsch ;-)

But i do hope for some snippet as christmas gift (or at least a cover of last christmas...hey you started it!)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragonfly

#107 Post by Dragonfly » 15 Oct 2018 23:23

Yeah, but Hansi himself said that 2019 is quite plausible... let's hope for the next year! 24 years is clearly too much, the baby can go at 23! :mrgreen:

priderock

#108 Post by priderock » 16 Oct 2018 10:16

Guys, just added in my first post some pictures of the Dvorak Hall in Prague where the orchestral pieces were recorded :)
The hall is really outstanding :twisted:
Last edited by priderock on 16 Oct 2018 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonfly

#109 Post by Dragonfly » 16 Oct 2018 19:56

Good job! The pictures of the hall are quite breathtaking... I wonder if they actually had to commission another orchestra for the project, like they did with the last album. Perhaps the one from Budapest, once again.

Catanduva

#110 Post by Catanduva » 16 Oct 2018 22:26

Good job. Editing 39 times was hard work. :wink:
#@╣#¢%ç @#°#▓®▒▓

priderock

#111 Post by priderock » 17 Oct 2018 08:35

Thanks for the kind words :wink: Yes, it wasn't easy, but searching for news about this album is something I make on default every day for the last years :)

Dragonfly, yes, I'm pretty sure it's not the only place for orchestral recordings or choirs, but Hansi is still quiet about details :wink:

Traveller in Time

#112 Post by Traveller in Time » 17 Oct 2018 19:22

priderock wrote:
17 Oct 2018 08:35
Thanks for the kind words :wink: Yes, it wasn't easy, but searching for news about this album is something I make on default every day for the last years :)

Dragonfly, yes, I'm pretty sure it's not the only place for orchestral recordings or choirs, but Hansi is still quiet about details :wink:
awesome job. One of the best threads here :-)

Dragonfly

#113 Post by Dragonfly » 17 Oct 2018 20:50

Traveller in Time wrote:
17 Oct 2018 19:22
priderock wrote:
17 Oct 2018 08:35

awesome job. One of the best threads here :-)
It is not for nothing that Hansi himself chose this particular thread for his historic first post on the forum. :)

priderock

#114 Post by priderock » 17 Oct 2018 21:35

You guys are beautiful... :oops: :) Long live for our bard family! :P 8)

wade-newb

#115 Post by wade-newb » 19 Oct 2018 13:10

priderock wrote:
16 Oct 2018 10:16
Guys, just added in my first post some pictures of the Dvorak Hall in Prague where the orchestral pieces were recorded :)
Wow thank you for this! I'm going to be in Prague in December very close to this hall! I'm definitely going to make a visit to it.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

priderock

#116 Post by priderock » 19 Oct 2018 14:50

wade-newb wrote:
19 Oct 2018 13:10
priderock wrote:
16 Oct 2018 10:16
Wow thank you for this! I'm going to be in Prague in December very close to this hall! I'm definitely going to make a visit to it.
Lucky you :shock: Hope you'll have a great time! :) :wink:

priderock

#117 Post by priderock » 29 Nov 2018 10:14

Hi, guys,
What we know so far from B.G. Instagram profile is that "the choir company" has just started recording their sessions and that they will continue next year as far as I read through the comments.
I also asked if the Big Choirs are already recorded, but Hansi wrote that they are done for only 4 of the songs and that there are 7 more to go...
All of this leads me for the conclusion that early 2020 is still the most realistic date for the project, since I doubt that they'll continue working in December.
Anyway, I still hope for some update around Christmas.

P.S. Happy Bards Holidays to all of us! :P

Hansi
Bard

#118 Post by Hansi » 03 Dec 2018 20:21

Time for a new update :D Most of your guesses are wrong, but some are at least wrong and right at the same moment :evil: We proceed very well. It more and more looks like a 2019 summer release. It depends a little bit on the record company‘s plans with it. We have not decided how to name the baby, yet. But Blind Guardian will be an essential part of that name in any way. The music is as much Metal as an orchestra and a Heavy Metal vocalist together can be metal. The album will be very intense, for sure. By now I have finished the singing of all songs. Eventually I go in and do a few minor adjustments. But that is more for my ego and will not cause any delays. So far we had 7 days of backing vocals with the choir company, but will go for 3 more. The big classical choirs have been done, already. Basically they are always done the same day, we are recording the complete orchestra in Prague. The choirs are done separately from the orchestra. Yet, we go back to Prague in the beginning of 2019 for the recordings of a last piece of music. No worries, this is instrumental. So, when we leave Prague the song is more or less ready for mixing. Yet, there are like two more possible recording sessions. Consider these to be extra missions. In total there will be 12 full songs on the album and two, or three musical interludes. How to release such an album? We worry when we get there. The instrumental version of such an album is a nice treat for sure, so would the demo versions be and of course, the final output can be treated in different ways. I doubt, that we will release different versions, with regard to different vocal performances. They are too close together in a lots of cases. On the other hand to explain the whole progression, it would make sense.
As for Guardian of the Netherworld ( which is called "Harvester of Souls" on my lyric sheet, as I realized after I told you the song is called "Guardian of the Netherworld"): every song which is already released on an album is an old song for us :P My bet for the old song - and it is none of these songs - would have been Mordred‘s Song or Bright Eyes. They both would do great. Some of you guys mentioned the mess in your heads: Welcome to the club! Why we went for this particular one? Well, believe it, or not. We started working on this song in a classical version, when André dreamt this song in a metal version. So he started working on the metal version, the other day. I believe the classical version contains a few extra parts, which are not in the metal version. All lyrics are new, apart from one prominent line in that song. We still work on the storyboard, but Markus Heitz did an amazing job. So much I can say, already. My Demons and Wizards appearances next year will not cause any delay for the orchestral release. I can do D&W songwriting while the other guys will do the mixing. After listening to the stuff so many times, it is better to rely on fresh ears, anyway. :D Mr. Producer has called me, time to make another small decision. It is all about baby steps ...

JazzJackrabbit

#119 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 03 Dec 2018 22:32

Thanks for the updates, Hansi. <3

Traveller in Time

#120 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Dec 2018 01:14

Wow, and such a present before christmas and even Santa Guardian....
I really do appreciate it! Thank you, Hansi.

But now something completely different: Are you sure mixing will take not more than six month? It is hard to imagine, since ATTWS took 3 month if i remember correctly, that you will mix an orchestra album this fast. But well on the other side your experience is boosting.
Normally the record company needs some time to build up the hype as well and releasing an BG orcheestra album while you are touring with D&W sounds for me not in their preferable taste. So my guess goes for a autumn release, if you can keep your mixing time table :-)
Sorry for being so sceptical, old german behaviour i guess. Or maybe just provoking you to disprove me, would not be my loss at all if therefore i can enjoy your newest magic with a cold summer drink :-) 8)
I like to expect the worst and be surpised by the best :-)

priderock

#121 Post by priderock » 04 Dec 2018 08:26

Thanks for the update, Hansi!!!
Great to hear about a 12 song for the album!
Personally, I've never cared about the demo of any musical piece, because somehow it destroys the magic of the final product to me.. But I agree that the instrumental versions on the other hand is something that would be great in this case. Just one question about the music - is the end of At The Edge Of Time(the song) still the best example of how the album will sound. It's just outstanding.... :D

P.S. I agree with Traveller in Time, summer is so unrealistic to me too, but I can wait honestly :)

Hansi
Bard

#122 Post by Hansi » 04 Dec 2018 11:19

Stay faithful, you nonbelievers :D We are living in a digital work, so the mixing is in constant progress, already. If things work, as planed - and they usually never do that, in our case - we should do the final adjustments from mid January to mid February. So, you are right here. The mixing will have taken 6 months at the very least. Our team for mixing and preparations is big. Yes, "At the Edge of Time" is a very good example, but so is the intro and the outro of "Sacred Worlds".

priderock

#123 Post by priderock » 04 Dec 2018 15:56

Hansi wrote:
04 Dec 2018 11:19
Yes, "At the Edge of Time" is a very good example,.
Great to hear that, Hansi! i still think that this particular song contains the best vocal performance I have ever heard :)
But hope to be proven wrong after hearing the orchestral album :twisted: :D

Traveller in Time

#124 Post by Traveller in Time » 07 Dec 2018 23:58

We are unworthy...... :wink:

Next year could be an absolute peak (hopefully not like a peak oil) of Hansi releases:

- BG orchestra album
- Avantasia Moonglow (guest vocals)
- D&W new album(?) and a tour

any other guest appearances in sight?
I remember once Andre said that they have even enough material for a second orchestra album, is this still so or have you eventually merged some songs? (you know Hansi once feed with a little piece, people get greedy :-) )

LLAG

#125 Post by LLAG » 08 Dec 2018 13:51

It seems incredible to me to be able to think about having the orchestral project next year.

The next step is to ask for a possible live presentation, I understand that the infrastructure can not be simple and a conventional tour can be very expensive, but BG could take advantage and record some orchestral versions of other classics, it would give space for another release that could be very succulent. In any case, the time for celebrations is coming!