Albums removed from Spotify

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
FabioMagnoni

Albums removed from Spotify

#1 Post by FabioMagnoni » 14 Feb 2015 19:17

What happened that the albums were removed from Spotify?

noogai8

Re: Albums removed from Spotify

#2 Post by noogai8 » 16 Feb 2015 12:20

I have this problem aswell, and it's caused me distress. I use spotify to listen to music and have no other conventient way. It seems that the albums before "A twist in the myth" are removed.
I don't know if it matters, but I live in norway.

blind-man

#3 Post by blind-man » 16 Feb 2015 12:52

Well, "A Twist in the Myth" was their first record released by Nuclear Blast. All the previous records were released by Virgin/Century Media. So maybe this is some record label shenanigans.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

FabioMagnoni

#4 Post by FabioMagnoni » 16 Feb 2015 13:35

But if it's a producer issue, why it was there for so long and just now removed?
Also if it's the reason,they should support the band and fans not screwing everything

Captain-Mo

#5 Post by Captain-Mo » 01 Mar 2015 11:56

noogai8 wrote:I don't know if it matters, but I live in norway.
I think that doesn't matter.It is the same problem in Germany, at least at my location.

I hope they soon fix the problem or get to an agreement.
I wish a member of the band would make a declaration on this . I need these albums back :cry: :| :cry:

Traveller in Time

#6 Post by Traveller in Time » 01 Mar 2015 12:29

I guess it's a problem with EMI music and spotify (do you know if other albums released by EMI are available?)
Why don't you ask the spotify service, you are a paying costumer, so they should answer/solve your problem. I don't know if the band even knows about this problem, because it seems to be a rights problem between label and spotify.

That's why i 'm still buying CDs.
You are no longer dependent on stupid stream services, which might even been cancelled if they're lacking of paying users.
You have access to full quality (not limited to 320kbps with premium spotify account), the band gets more money and you have a nice printed booklet. :)

@edit: Strange TFTTW is available there
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Freak666

#7 Post by Freak666 » 01 Mar 2015 16:02

Traveller in Time wrote:

That's why i 'm still buying CDs.
You are no longer dependent on stupid stream services, which might even been cancelled if they're lacking of paying users.
You have access to full quality (not limited to 320kbps with premium spotify account), the band gets more money and you have a nice printed booklet. :)
Nothing to add