Berserk song?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.

Would you want to see a Berserk song?

Yes
25%
No
33%
I don't care
42%

Total votes: 12

Ignis

Berserk song?

#1 Post by Ignis » 04 Feb 2015 03:22

Blind Guardian has done many songs on some of my favorite fantasy series , but it hasn't done one on my #1 fantasy series : Berserk. Does anyone else want a song based off this series , and do you think it's a possibility? I hope the fact that it's a manga rather than a book doesn't kill it.

Ryu

Re: Berserk song?

#2 Post by Ryu » 04 Feb 2015 05:44

Ignis wrote:Blind Guardian has done many songs on some of my favorite fantasy series , but it hasn't done one on my #1 fantasy series : Berserk. Does anyone else want a song based off this series , and do you think it's a possibility? I hope the fact that it's a manga rather than a book doesn't kill it.
I don't believe they've ever indicated an interest or appreciation for anime, so it's probably unlikely; that being said it's a good contender for one of the best potential anime for them to portray musically.

...Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood would be my biased choice but you know
Defiant of destiny

OmegaSlayer

#3 Post by OmegaSlayer » 04 Feb 2015 08:37

Bastard!! would be more fitting to BG than Bereserk.

Rokubota

#4 Post by Rokubota » 04 Feb 2015 11:11

Berserk is too dark for them XD, it needs a super dark and heavy song to match the manga. There's a lot of Japanese material that could be very cool but in my opinion BG are too limited by their European background.

Manga recomendations for Hansi and the other guys: Vinland Saga, Vagabond(inoue), the Twelve Kingdoms, Blade of Immortal(hiroaki samurai), Adolf(tezuka), Monster (naoki urasawa), kokou no hito.

Some cool movies, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, sword of doom, sansho the bailiff, the hidden fortress, ran, the naked island, high and low, Onibaba. Grave of The fireflies( Takahata anime Movie).

OmegaSlayer

#5 Post by OmegaSlayer » 04 Feb 2015 12:50

I think it's not fitting for a European band to deal with concept that come from another very different culture.
I mean, stuff like Vagabond and Blade Of The Immortal are too full of Japanese Culture, and Vinland Saga for example is a Japanised viking story, so why should they take a "bastardized" version when they're very close culturally to the true viking inspiration?

Rokubota

#6 Post by Rokubota » 05 Feb 2015 05:05

OmegaSlayer wrote:I think it's not fitting for a European band to deal with concept that come from another very different culture.
I mean, stuff like Vagabond and Blade Of The Immortal are too full of Japanese Culture, and Vinland Saga for example is a Japanised viking story, so why should they take a "bastardized" version when they're very close culturally to the true viking inspiration?

That bastardized version of vikings is actually more accurate than hollywood depictions of them and people in the west doesn't have much problem eating that shit. My recomendations were to give some good material to the band just to see if they could like it.

If you read my comment you will see that I kinda said the same about their european background but I changed my mind. I mean, Why not? some asian stories can be just as universal as western ones and André sometimes likes to play some exotic melodies in his songs.

There's a bigger world outside of Europe and the US.

OmegaSlayer

#7 Post by OmegaSlayer » 05 Feb 2015 08:45

Rokubota wrote: That bastardized version of vikings is actually more accurate than hollywood depictions of them and people in the west doesn't have much problem eating that shit. My recomendations were to give some good material to the band just to see if they could like it.

If you read my comment you will see that I kinda said the same about their european background but I changed my mind. I mean, Why not? some asian stories can be just as universal as western ones and André sometimes likes to play some exotic melodies in his songs.

There's a bigger world outside of Europe and the US.
Yeah, it's more accurate than US for sure.
But that's an easy feat LOL