Possible setlist for BTRM 2015 tour?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Morbidian

Possible setlist for BTRM 2015 tour?

#1 Post by Morbidian » 03 Feb 2015 08:48

Hansi stated while ago, that they may play many ''long time forgotten songs'' like Guardian of the Blind etc. What you think if you could choose between 18 to 20 songs / from opener to the closer/encore songs, picked from all of the albums, what may be played on Guardian's upcoming tour? :D

:lol: My thoughts, desires>

1. Imaginations from the other Side
2. Welcome to Dying
3. Twilight of the Gods
4. Nightfall
5. Fly
6. Born in the Mourning Hall
7. Ashes of Eternity
8. Wait for an Answer
9. Voice in the Dark
10. Valhalla
11. Theatre of Pain
12. Tommy Knockers
13. Prophecies
14. Hall of the King
15. When Sorrow Sang
16. Bard's Song - In the Forest
17. And the Story Ends

ENCORE>
18. Lost in the Twilight Hall
19. Run for the Night
20. Mirror Mirror
When the sky is burning,
see the Moon falling down.
On your right is lightning.
See the war in the sky.

Remember Brian,
when it's time.
Remember Brian.

blindgfan

Re: Possible setlist for BTRM 2015 tour?

#2 Post by blindgfan » 03 Feb 2015 12:58

Morbidian wrote:Hansi stated while ago, that they may play many ''long time forgotten songs'' like Guardian of the Blind etc. What you think if you could choose between 18 to 20 songs / from opener to the closer/encore songs, picked from all of the albums, what may be played on Guardian's upcoming tour? :D

:lol: My thoughts, desires>

1. Imaginations from the other Side
2. Welcome to Dying
3. Twilight of the Gods
4. Nightfall
5. Fly
6. Born in the Mourning Hall
7. Ashes of Eternity
8. Wait for an Answer
9. Voice in the Dark
10. Valhalla
11. Theatre of Pain
12. Tommy Knockers
13. Prophecies
14. Hall of the King
15. When Sorrow Sang
16. Bard's Song - In the Forest
17. And the Story Ends

ENCORE>
18. Lost in the Twilight Hall
19. Run for the Night
20. Mirror Mirror

"Wait for an Answer" lol. Don't even dream about it! He even said in an interview he can't sing anything out of ANATO.
Also, I would drop Tommyfuckers and everything from prior albums.

JazzJackrabbit

#3 Post by JazzJackrabbit » 03 Feb 2015 16:32

I'd love for them to play Follow The Blind.

ErHaO

#4 Post by ErHaO » 03 Feb 2015 18:25

My realistic wishlist (not in setlist order):

-Mordred's Song
-Banished from Sanctuary
-And Then There Was Silence
-Turn the Page
-Ride Into Obsession
-Into the Storm
-Time What is Time
-The Hobbit
-Lord of the Rings

What I Expect (after reading interviews and previous setlists):
-Traveller in Time
-Ninth Wave
-Bards Song
-Valhalla
-Nightfall
-Mirror Mirror
-Twilight of the Gods
-Guardian of the Blind
-Miracle Machine
-Holy Grail

If most of the material of this list is played, I am content. Some new stuff, some live classics, some underplayed songs. And I think they want every album represented this tour.

Blackened

#5 Post by Blackened » 03 Feb 2015 20:14

They just HAVE to start with "Ninth wave"... this intro simply has to be the start of the show.

Ryu

#6 Post by Ryu » 03 Feb 2015 22:27

Don't count on any exotic Opera tracks, first thing I can say

In terms of obscure/revival tracks, I'd say we're looking at Hall of the King, Guardian of the Blind, Goodbye My Friend, When Sorrow Sang, maybe Theatre of Pain. Again I would say don't expect anything groundbreaking

As of yet unplayed older songs? Maybe Straight through the Mirror, A Dark Passage, possibly (ugh pls) Curse of Feanor.

For the new album, I'm 90% sure we're strictly limited to The Ninth Wave, TOTG, Ashes, Grail, and Doom. Maybe, MAYBE Prophecies or Grand Parade.
Defiant of destiny

blindgfan

#7 Post by blindgfan » 03 Feb 2015 22:58

Ryu wrote:Don't count on any exotic Opera tracks, first thing I can say

In terms of obscure/revival tracks, I'd say we're looking at Hall of the King, Guardian of the Blind, Goodbye My Friend, When Sorrow Sang, maybe Theatre of Pain. Again I would say don't expect anything groundbreaking

As of yet unplayed older songs? Maybe Straight through the Mirror, A Dark Passage, possibly (ugh pls) Curse of Feanor.

For the new album, I'm 90% sure we're strictly limited to The Ninth Wave, TOTG, Ashes, Grail, and Doom. Maybe, MAYBE Prophecies or Grand Parade.
They will never play Feanor. They confirmed it already.

ErHaO

#8 Post by ErHaO » 03 Feb 2015 23:36

They mentioned Miracle Machine (alternate version) is on their rehearsal list multiple times. Furthermore, Hansi said Feanor is "a pain in the ass" and he would only be able to perform it decently for two or three evenings in a row tops.

The way he talked about Grand Parade made me think they will not try it this time around. I can see the Ninth Wave as the opener.

Ryu

#9 Post by Ryu » 03 Feb 2015 23:58

ErHaO wrote:

They mentioned Miracle Machine (alternate version) is on their rehearsal list multiple times. Furthermore, Hansi said Feanor is "a pain in the ass" and he would only be able to perform it decently for two or three evenings in a row tops.

The way he talked about Grand Parade made me think they will not try it this time around. I can see the Ninth Wave as the opener.
One or two Curse of Feanors would be enough, I just want to see it done before they're dead

I must have missed the Miracle Machine stuff

It really isn't a powerful singalong ballad (imo) in the vein of LOTR, Bard's, A Past and Future Secret.. Even when they attempted Skalds and Shadows live it seemed to be kind of tepid, not much crowd interaction. Though I suppose seeing as Miracle Machine isn't as dense in vocal layering it could go over a little better than Skalds, but I've ultimately been disappointed with their attempts of any ballads done live from the post-IFTOS albums. Harvest of Sorrow seems *just* OK, Skalds and Shadows was weak (though Hansi was in his weaker ATITM touring phase) and they haven't attempted War of the Thrones I guess, to be fair.

Have the alternate versions of Grand Parade and Miracle Machine surfaced yet?
Defiant of destiny

Infernal Lord

#10 Post by Infernal Lord » 07 Feb 2015 00:04

As far as 'Beyond the Red Mirror' goes, as long as they play 'Prophecies' I'll leave the gig a happy man! :)

It would make my night if they played 'Time What Is Time' too, but I'm not sure how likely that actually is...? Otherwise, 'Majesty' is an awesome track that seems to be a good staple and then anything from 'Tales From the Twilight World' would be great!

April will be my first Blind Guardian gig, so I'm excited to see what they come up with for me anyway!
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago
We're the ones you've left alone

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 07 Feb 2015 15:08

They'll play 2 new songs each night, 3 at all, and then it will be Guardian of the Blind, Welcome to Dying, 3-4 Imaginations songs, the usual 3 Nightfall songs, Sacred Worlds, nothing from ANATO, and Bard's Song :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

blindgfan

#12 Post by blindgfan » 07 Feb 2015 15:38

Orodaran wrote:They'll play 2 new songs each night, 3 at all, and then it will be Guardian of the Blind, Welcome to Dying, 3-4 Imaginations songs, the usual 3 Nightfall songs, Sacred Worlds, nothing from ANATO, and Bard's Song :P
Lame! That will steal the poorest setlist award from Maiden's last tour.
Last edited by blindgfan on 07 Feb 2015 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf de Grijze

#13 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 07 Feb 2015 15:57

blindgfan wrote:
Orodaran wrote:They'll play 2 new songs each night, 3 at all, and then it will be Guardian of the Blind, Welcome to Dying, 3-4 Imaginations songs, the usual 3 Nightfall songs, Sacred Worlds, nothing from ANATO, and Bard's Song :P
Lame! That will steal the poorest setlist award from Maiden!
They've been doing that for years now, so shouldn't really be something new.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Orodaran

#14 Post by Orodaran » 07 Feb 2015 16:37

Btw, I forgot about Valhalla :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

blindgfan

#15 Post by blindgfan » 07 Feb 2015 17:02

Orodaran wrote:Btw, I forgot about Valhalla :P
I wish they would drop everything from their "Di'Anno era" instead of adding more to it.

Infernal Lord

#16 Post by Infernal Lord » 07 Feb 2015 18:57

blindgfan wrote:
Lame! That will steal the poorest setlist award from Maiden's last tour.
Controversial comment on Bruce and the boys there...! I really enjoyed Maiden England, '13 and '14.

Anyway... Back to topic. With this being the first time I'll be going to see The Bards, I'll probably be happy with pretty much whatever they play, I'm just excited to be a part of it! If they ARE playing tracks on this tour that haven't tended to get aired much in the past, I stick to my assertions that 'Time What Is Time' needs to make an appearance (it seems that one fits the description of 'not played very often' from looking at previous setlists - I'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong...)!

I like the idea of 'Guardian of the Blind' too - that's a SERIOUSLY cool song.
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

Orodaran

#17 Post by Orodaran » 07 Feb 2015 20:53

Yeah, I didn't pull it out of my ass, Hansi specifically mentioned it in an interview... and I do agree that Time, What is Time needs to be back - it's a wonderful song, one of their very best!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Infernal Lord

#18 Post by Infernal Lord » 07 Feb 2015 20:58

Orodaran wrote:Yeah, I didn't pull it out of my ass, Hansi specifically mentioned it in an interview... and I do agree that Time, What is Time needs to be back - it's a wonderful song, one of their very best!!!
Big thumbs up to that!! 8)
The Nine sing
Once upon a dream ago

Greektrooper

#19 Post by Greektrooper » 08 Feb 2015 21:56

The Ninth Wave
Welcome to Dying
Nightfall
Time What is Time
Bright Eyes
Twilight of the Gods
Prophecies /or The Throne
Voice in the Dark
Time Stands Still
Valhalla
A Past & Future Secret
And the Story Ends

Encore:

War of Wrath/Into the Storm
Lord of the Rings
Bard Song
Majesty
Mirror Mirror

Let's not forget that it's a promo tour so the list may have one more or two songs from the new album.

OmegaSlayer

#20 Post by OmegaSlayer » 08 Feb 2015 23:05

I still don't know if I'll be going this time too.
I skipped their last visit in Roma.

I seriously don't have interest to see them live after Thomen's departure.
Still on the fence though, I think I'll decide a couple days in advance.
I don't really like to go to concerts in general, BG was one of the few bands that moved my butt.
Also, for me BG now are even more a Room band.
Anyway, the later you see them live in this tour, the luckier.
BG is known to need some time to nail how to play the new songs live, so the new songs will surely be much better performed when everything is well oiled.
Optimally you listen a good version of a new song in the tour for their successive album.

Traveller in Time

#21 Post by Traveller in Time » 09 Feb 2015 07:04

It would make sense if they'll play IFTOS, bright eyes, mordred's song and and the story ends (as prehistory of beyond the red mirror):D
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

vlssstv

#22 Post by vlssstv » 10 Feb 2015 15:52

my dream set for the BtRM tour would be as follows ...but not in this exact order :
battalions of fear
damned for all time
lord of the rings
ashes to ashes
journey through the dark
mordred's song
a past and future secret
a dark passage
noldor
punishment divine
the soulfourged
harvest of sorrow
fly/dead sound of misery
tanelorn(into the void)
curse my name
twilight of the gods
miracle machine
ashes of eternity
grand parade

ENCORE:
the last candle
bright eyes
otherland

this is my dream but just knowing I will see them live again is f@@$g awesome!!! 8)

PRobinson1976

#23 Post by PRobinson1976 » 15 Feb 2015 23:46

They don't have to play the new stuff...just SOMWHERE FAR BEYOND complete...would be great, enough and perfect. :-) That said I do consider the new album to be their best...just don't think that they can pull it off.

blind-man

#24 Post by blind-man » 16 Feb 2015 12:59

As far as playing the really challenging stuff (vocals wise), Hansi could just to what he always does and sing it lower than the original recording to save his voice. So the fact that a song has a lot of very high notes shouldn't stop them from playing it live. Personally, I would love to hear more from ANATO.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)