ATITM remix ?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
bard_92

ATITM remix ?

#1 Post by bard_92 » 16 Aug 2014 15:01

Hey, guys ! It's hard in these hot days, especially waiting almost one year for the next BG's update, so I just wanted to ask you something. Do you think that there would be a remix of ATITM album now or in the next years ? I mean that I didn't like the album at first, but now four years after I heard it for the first time, I can say that it's something massive and it probably has it's moments! The album is great and I can say that it's better than almost everything published nowadays ! The only problem that I have now with this album is probably the quality it has.There are a lot of things that could be heard there, but the production doesn't give them a chance. Especially compared to ATGTSAT, MOATTC and ATEOT it's somehow really flat. So do you think that we can expect in the near future a remix of this album and maybe a Remaster version of ATEOT(which is a little bit more quiet compared to all the other albums in ATGTSAT ?

Ryu

Re: ATITM remix ?

#2 Post by Ryu » 18 Aug 2014 08:27

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't remixed recently. Either they're fine with the way it sounds, it's too new to them, or they're purposefully ignoring it.

Technically it's overall viewed as their worst album, I think. (Which is pretty unfair - all active creative minds need a departure on occasion) I don't think they hate it? I don't know. It's not yet 10 years old, so maybe it doesn't qualify for whatever internal threshold they maintain.
Defiant of destiny

Blackened

#3 Post by Blackened » 30 Jan 2015 01:18

It's one of my favourite albums ever. It's fine the way it is!
I don't understand why it is not appreciated that much among BG fans.

"Fly" is one of the best songs this band has ever written, "This will never end" is the perfect opener (next to "The ninth wave" I must say now), "Otherland" is outstanding, so is "Turn the page", " Straight through the mirror" or "Lionheart". " Skalds & shadows" is one of their best ballads...

I just love this record!
+ the best cover art!

ErHaO

#4 Post by ErHaO » 30 Jan 2015 02:32

If there are ever going to be remixes, I'd prefer it to be done by someone known for great sound quality and do it without the band :P And with a proper vinyl release. I liked how This Will Never End sounded on MOTTC though. But as much as I like parts of the Travellers box, they are not sounding better, just different elements come to light by putting different things more dominant in the mix (and others less).

OmegaSlayer

#5 Post by OmegaSlayer » 30 Jan 2015 08:40

I say you all should give much more spins to this record and most of all leave it like it is.
If people don't like it already, there's no way it would get any better.
The album is rock solid, great tight performances by everyone FREDERIK INCLUDED (yes I said that), songs with substance and few frills.
BG should be the first to re evaluate that record.

asalspammer1

#6 Post by asalspammer1 » 17 Feb 2015 14:54

"Fly" is one of the best songs this band has ever written, "This will never end" is the perfect opener (next to "The ninth wave" I must say now), "Otherland" is outstanding, so is "Turn the page", " Straight through the mirror" or "Lionheart". " Skalds & shadows" is one of their best ballads...

bestpike

#7 Post by bestpike » 17 Feb 2015 15:22

Blackened wrote:It's one of my favourite albums ever. It's fine the way it is!
I don't understand why it is not appreciated that much among BG fans.

I just love this record!
+ the best cover art!
I wouldn't go that far, but Fly is certainly in the BG top 10, and This will never end, Turn the page, and Another Stranger Me are all killer songs. I dont care very much for the rest anymore though (Otherland is not bad but a bit repetitive, and Straight Through the mirror too traditional power metal).
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

blind-man

#8 Post by blind-man » 18 Feb 2015 00:54

The only thing I dislike about A Twist in the Myth is indeed the way it sounds. I think it's the only Blind Guardian album that sounds bad. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something about it that makes for an uncomfortable (for lack of a better word) listening experience.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)