Hansi doing vocals on Iced Earth's Plagues of Babylon

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Darth Arrow

Hansi doing vocals on Iced Earth's Plagues of Babylon

#1 Post by Darth Arrow » 12 Dec 2013 19:44

Topic tells it all. I don't know if this was old news, but I just now found out after watching the promotional video for the new IE album. Hansi doing vocals isn't at all suprising considering how far back Hansi and Jon go, but what I did find disturbing is Hansi's steadily retracting hairline. Imminent at about 1:08 mark in this video. Oh how I miss the old Hansi with the fluffy-long-hair.... Or maybe it was just a hologram? :(

Traveller in Time

Re: Hansi doing vocals on Iced Earth's Plagues of Babylon

#2 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Dec 2013 20:18

As far as i know he sings on five songs.

Let me have a look.....

Here there were forumers already speaking about:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42982
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Darth Arrow

#3 Post by Darth Arrow » 13 Dec 2013 09:18

Hmmh, don't know how I managed to miss that thread.... Oh well, anyways a newspost a month back lists the tracks where Hansi appears:

Guest vocals on "Plagues Of Babylon," "Among The Living Dead," "Democide," "Resistance" and "If I Could See You" by BLIND GUARDIAN vocalist Hansi Kürsch.

So five out of twelve songs? Not bad :P

Perse

#4 Post by Perse » 13 Dec 2013 20:23

I don't know what to think of this. It's always awesome to hear Hansi's voice, no matter which band/project.
But why on five (!) songs? Did Jon lose faith in Stu or why is he hiring guest singers all over the place? I would prefer a new Iced Earth album (with Stu only) or/and an new Demons & Wizards album (with Hansi) and not a strange mix of both.

Traveller in Time

#5 Post by Traveller in Time » 14 Dec 2013 01:38

Perse wrote:I don't know what to think of this. It's always awesome to hear Hansi's voice, no matter which band/project.
But why on five (!) songs? Did Jon lose faith in Stu or why is he hiring guest singers all over the place? I would prefer a new Iced Earth album (with Stu only) or/and an new Demons & Wizards album (with Hansi) and not a strange mix of both.
I really did think the same!
First i was excited but now thinking over it, it has some strange feeling. It is no DW album, but really much Hansi presence.

Traveller in Time

#6 Post by Traveller in Time » 14 Dec 2013 01:40

There we go with first one:

First impression:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-RvUzU ... r_embedded

So Hansi isn't that much in focus, but he is screaming, so cool. Reminds me of old IFTOS times 8)

Twister

#7 Post by Twister » 14 Dec 2013 19:07

Traveller in Time wrote:
Perse wrote:I don't know what to think of this. It's always awesome to hear Hansi's voice, no matter which band/project.
First i was excited but now thinking over it, it has some strange feeling. It is no DW album, but really much Hansi presence.
But, he won't be singing the whole songs, of course!
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Perse

#8 Post by Perse » 14 Dec 2013 23:42

Twister wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:
But, he won't be singing the whole songs, of course!
It's still strange if you ask me. Hansi's screams sound great, would be cool if he would sing like this on the next bg album.
But I don't know... I think Stu is able to pull them off, too. I don't see why you need a guestsinger to sing those short parts. I mean Stu only uses a small spectrum of his vocal abilities in Iced Earth, if you compare it to Into Eternity. I would prefer if Jon would use his complete range before he brings in a guest vocalist for a few seconds in which the guest vocalist shows only a very small part of his abilities.

Twister

#9 Post by Twister » 15 Dec 2013 11:55

Just to bring back attention on the band & album and help to sell a bit more, I think… as you say, Stu is perfectly able to do those screams, so the reason must be another. Anyway he may get to sing some bridges or refrains, as it happened with Edguy, maybe.
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

Alpha Penguin

#10 Post by Alpha Penguin » 19 Dec 2013 05:19

I think Iced Earth has so much momentum right now that Jon just can't divert any of his attention to Demons & Wizards for the foreseeable future. However, having Hansi guest on 'Plagues of Babylon' is a good way to bridge that gap. I hope there's at least a couple songs in which Hansi and Stu duel and bounce off each other vocally, operatic and epic :D
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

sciacallo010

#11 Post by sciacallo010 » 27 Dec 2013 12:29

You can now listen to the whole new Iced Earth album on Spotify http://open.spotify.com/album/4x8xN1DzJaDe3kOxw302hN
Enjoy it :D

Traveller in Time

#12 Post by Traveller in Time » 27 Dec 2013 19:47

Thanks, man! Now i can decide if its worth buying it.
:)

sciacallo010

#13 Post by sciacallo010 » 04 Jan 2014 18:56

I find it a pretty good album, but if I was only interested in the Hansi contribute to it I would never buy it.
I mean, what he does is great, but it's really little compared to what I thought (and hoped) he would have done.