Page 20 of 34

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 12:33
by Dragonfly
I wonder if that dark guy on the throne will show up as an illustration in the booklet... Maybe for "The Throne"?

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 14:21
by bard_92
Hansi is probably in his top form!!! :shock:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 15:31
by Traveller in Time
I guess Hansi has the same face expression when Andre and Marcus talk about computer games ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... K3vEM#t=51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 15:39
by OmegaSlayer
The guy on the throne is an image for the t shirts
Overlord
http://www.emp-online.it/blind-guardian ... rt_293999/
And there's the Magician too
http://www.emp-online.it/blind-guardian ... rt_293996/

Mixing fantasy universes is possible for those who have read Moorcock and knows about the concept of Eternal Champion ;)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 16:10
by Gandalf de Grijze
Traveller in Time wrote:I guess Hansi has the same face expression when Andre and Marcus talk about computer games ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... K3vEM#t=51
LOL

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 23:14
by Freak666
bard_92 wrote:Hansi is probably in his top form!!! :shock:
Absolutely. His voice sounds awesome!
This album truly has the chance to be their best one ever or be at least on the same level as IFTOS.

IFTOS may was not very complex and missed a orchester but there was not a single weak song and the whole album + production can be considered quite flawless.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 23:36
by bard_92
Freak666 wrote:
bard_92 wrote:Hansi is probably in his top form!!! :shock:
Absolutely. His voice sounds awesome!
This album truly has the chance to be their best one ever or be at least on the same level as IFTOS.

IFTOS may was not very complex and missed a orchester but there was not a single weak song and the whole album + production can be considered quite flawless.
I absolutely agree!!! In my opinion this will be their absolute masterpiece!!!
I had doubts about the fast songs(AOE and HG), m cause I personally prefer their more complex pieces...but from what I've heard today, I must say that just never expected to like them soooo much!!! Just awesome job!!!

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 23:50
by Feanor l'invincible
They gave us a nice sample of 40 seconds, from 1'30" to 2'11" , I kept listening in the backgrounds while Hansi and André are talking to notice the very promising progression with some surprising choirs.. THIS I LIKE! Could it be from "The Ninth Wave"?

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 02 Jan 2015 23:55
by bard_92
Feanor l'invincible wrote:They gave us a nice sample of 40 seconds, from 1'30" to 2'11" , I kept listening in the backgrounds while Hansi and André are talking to notice the very promising progression with some surprising choirs.. THIS I LIKE! Could it be from "The Ninth Wave"?
I also thought about this, but I don't think so...it seems that the album as a whole will have a lot of choral and progression parts :)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 05:59
by Zhuge Liang
Anyone else reminded of Theatre of Pain starting about 3:30 on the clip? Sounds so awesome

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 22:20
by Dragonfly
A new interview, I guess: http://metalshockfinland.com/2014/12/21 ... ed-mirror/

Fun fact: Hansi would like to make a video for "The Ninth Wave" but who knows if that's gonna be possible. Looks like he really wants to share another song with the fans before the album is out, i.e. a clip for "Twilight Of The Gods" is not very likely.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 23:06
by bard_92
Thanks, but I don't see the interview. Help please :/
Edit: ok, saw it, it was an audio :))) Thanks again!

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 03 Jan 2015 23:12
by Dragonfly
bard_92 wrote:Thanks, but I don't see the interview. Help please :/
Edit: ok, saw it, it was an audio :))) Thanks again!
You're welcome! :)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 05:32
by Feanor l'invincible
Damn, the part from 1'30 to 2'10 (and what appears to be a chorus) is too catchy... kinda reminded me of when we got to listen to the sample from "Road of no Release" and figured out later that was actually the best part on the song and one of the highlights of At the Edge of Time.
I'm saying this because I had the same feeling about "Twilight of the Gods", The sample was the best part of the song IMO.. (but sometimes I wonder if it's because I've been listening to the samples very often).
This part of the song makes it already one of my favourites... What do you guys think?

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 05:47
by Rokubota
Hansi's voice is still good but you can tell why he stopped using that harsh style of singing from IFTOS and NIME.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 05:51
by Ryu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0kwDK3vEM#t=1m31s

Be eternal, be infernal... will we ever see the light again?

Whatever song is playing here is fucking gorgeous and I cannot wait. I have never been more impressed by a new song of theirs.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 08:03
by bard_92
Feanor l'invincible wrote:Damn, the part from 1'30 to 2'10 (and what appears to be a chorus) is too catchy... kinda reminded me of when we got to listen to the sample from "Road of no Release" and figured out later that was actually the best part on the song and one of the highlights of At the Edge of Time.
I'm saying this because I had the same feeling about "Twilight of the Gods", The sample was the best part of the song IMO.. (but sometimes I wonder if it's because I've been listening to the samples very often).
This part of the song makes it already one of my favourites... What do you guys think?

I absolutely agree about the part between 1:30 and 2:10... After I heard it, it's sticked in my head!!! And,for example, yesterday I was singing it almost all the time by myself... But which this song is...I think Holy Grail or Ashes Of Eternety..., but who knows...The important thing is that it's really awesome...Reminds something between Road Of No Release and Under The Ice, which are one of my favourite BG songs... But the bad point for me is that it seems like it is the end of the song, and I already feel like there's too much spoilers for me, I probably doubt myself for listening the next trailers.Don't want to lose more magic after my first listen. And I'm absolutely sure that the next trailer will be spectacular, cause it's time for the choral parts...which makes me even more to refuse listen it, cause that's my favourite in BG :)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 12:27
by bard_92
Also the part from 2:38...JUST BRILLIANT!!! Sounds Really Epic!!!

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 19:02
by Wizard's Crown
The only few words that i can say are : "WILL WE EVER SEE THE LIGHT AGAIN?"

That's what I was expecting from BG and now I can happily rest in my hole until 30th January waiting to hear the whole album.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 20:49
by Traveller in Time
bard_92 wrote:
Feanor l'invincible wrote:Damn, the part from 1'30 to 2'10 (and what appears to be a chorus) is too catchy... kinda reminded me of when we got to listen to the sample from "Road of no Release" and figured out later that was actually the best part on the song and one of the highlights of At the Edge of Time.
I'm saying this because I had the same feeling about "Twilight of the Gods", The sample was the best part of the song IMO.. (but sometimes I wonder if it's because I've been listening to the samples very often).
This part of the song makes it already one of my favourites... What do you guys think?

I absolutely agree about the part between 1:30 and 2:10... After I heard it, it's sticked in my head!!! And,for example, yesterday I was singing it almost all the time by myself... But which this song is...I think Holy Grail or Ashes Of Eternety..., but who knows...The important thing is that it's really awesome...Reminds something between Road Of No Release and Under The Ice, which are one of my favourite BG songs... But the bad point for me is that it seems like it is the end of the song, and I already feel like there's too much spoilers for me, I probably doubt myself for listening the next trailers.Don't want to lose more magic after my first listen. And I'm absolutely sure that the next trailer will be spectacular, cause it's time for the choral parts...which makes me even more to refuse listen it, cause that's my favourite in BG :)
+1
Couldn't have said it better. I am really in doubts, too. And i hope i can stand to deny listening to samples, which will be available at the download stores. I like beeing surprised by first listening. Maybe we both can sign a contract to not listen to it anymore ;)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 21:04
by bard_92
Traveller in Time wrote:
bard_92 wrote:
Feanor l'invincible wrote:Damn, the part from 1'30 to 2'10 (and what appears to be a chorus) is too catchy... kinda reminded me of when we got to listen to the sample from "Road of no Release" and figured out later that was actually the best part on the song and one of the highlights of At the Edge of Time.
I'm saying this because I had the same feeling about "Twilight of the Gods", The sample was the best part of the song IMO.. (but sometimes I wonder if it's because I've been listening to the samples very often).
This part of the song makes it already one of my favourites... What do you guys think?

I absolutely agree about the part between 1:30 and 2:10... After I heard it, it's sticked in my head!!! And,for example, yesterday I was singing it almost all the time by myself... But which this song is...I think Holy Grail or Ashes Of Eternety..., but who knows...The important thing is that it's really awesome...Reminds something between Road Of No Release and Under The Ice, which are one of my favourite BG songs... But the bad point for me is that it seems like it is the end of the song, and I already feel like there's too much spoilers for me, I probably doubt myself for listening the next trailers.Don't want to lose more magic after my first listen. And I'm absolutely sure that the next trailer will be spectacular, cause it's time for the choral parts...which makes me even more to refuse listen it, cause that's my favourite in BG :)
+1
Couldn't have said it better. I am really in doubts, too. And i hope i can stand to deny listening to samples, which will be available at the download stores. I like beeing surprised by first listening. Maybe we both can sign a contract to not listen to it anymore ;)

I agree, you have my signature on it!!! I'll listen even the trailers right after my first listening to the album! So, deal my friend? :D

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 04 Jan 2015 22:37
by Darth Arrow
The melody, which is not very audible in the trailer, from 1:31-1:43 reminds me of Wintersun. I can't really explain it, but it somehow sounds like lighter parts of some Wintersun melodies. Strange.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 04:47
by Ryu
Darth Arrow wrote:The melody, which is not very audible in the trailer, from 1:31-1:43 reminds me of Wintersun. I can't really explain it, but it somehow sounds like lighter parts of some Wintersun melodies. Strange.
Wow, it absolutely does.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 14:03
by Traveller in Time
We, the undersigned, commit denying to listen to any future BG sound samples of the upcoming album 'Beyond the red mirror', which will be release at the 30th of January. Those sound samples are defined as any kind sound samples of download stores, in any kind of streaming material like e.g. youtube trailers or other samples available on the internet or broadcasting services. This contracts end when the album is released in the area you are living in.

As a result of violation of this contract is the personal shame with which you have to deal with the rest of your life.

or to say it short:

deal, my friend! :D

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 14:45
by bard_92
Traveller in Time wrote:We, the undersigned, commit denying to listen to any future BG sound samples of the upcoming album 'Beyond the red mirror', which will be release at the 30th of January. Those sound samples are defined as any kind sound samples of download stores, in any kind of streaming material like e.g. youtube trailers or other samples available on the internet or broadcasting services. This contracts end when the album is released in the area you are living in.

As a result of violation of this contract is the personal shame with which you have to deal with the rest of your life.

or to say it short:

deal, my friend! :D

Just made my day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Awesome contract, bro!!! DEAL!!! 8)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 15:43
by Gandalf de Grijze

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 17:05
by Dragonfly
"...I’ve already played the album for a bout thirty times and still haven’t figured it out completely..." And that is what I like about this band - replayability and freshness that few other bands are able to achieve.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 17:35
by Gandalf de Grijze
that's what I love as well...

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 17:38
by blindgfan
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/en/reviews/view/id/28935

95/100 review
So hopefully Holy Grail will be another "Journey through the dark". If that is considered "old school" it may not be such a bad idea.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 05 Jan 2015 17:58
by Dragonfly
blindgfan wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/en/reviews/view/id/28935

95/100 review
So hopefully Holy Grail will be another "Journey through the dark". If that is considered "old school" it may not be such a bad idea.
I'm pretty sure it has such potential. If that's the song they were rehearsing in the last trailer, it may easily become a modern Blind Guardian classic, that riff is very cool!

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 06 Jan 2015 10:23
by bard_92
Dragonfly wrote:"...I’ve already played the album for a bout thirty times and still haven’t figured it out completely..." And that is what I like about this band - replayability and freshness that few other bands are able to achieve.

Exactly what my expects are!!! 8)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 06 Jan 2015 22:55
by Freak666
Dragonfly wrote:
blindgfan wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/en/reviews/view/id/28935

95/100 review
So hopefully Holy Grail will be another "Journey through the dark". If that is considered "old school" it may not be such a bad idea.
I'm pretty sure it has such potential. If that's the song they were rehearsing in the last trailer, it may easily become a modern Blind Guardian classic, that riff is very cool!
The song "Holy Grail" features the lyric line "The holy grail is on its way" regarding to german Metal Hammer Mag. So when we hear it clearly somewhere, we can be quite sure.

@the undersigned:

I'm curious how you will manage to resist this friday's trailer where they hopefully will present us the longawaited orchestral stuff. ;)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 06 Jan 2015 23:21
by Dragonfly
Freak666 wrote: I'm curious how you will manage to resist this friday's trailer where they hopefully will present us the longawaited orchestral stuff. ;)
Or will they save the orchestras for the last one, same as with 'At The Edge Of Time' trailers?

Another new review, somewhat less enthusiastic than the previous ones: http://www.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-01 ... red-mirror
What I like here is the description of 'Grand Parade': '...while closer Grand Parade is an audacious masterpiece, group and orchestra beautifully entwined within a labyrinth of sweeping arrangements, tastefully balanced light and shade and storytelling grandeur.'

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 06 Jan 2015 23:48
by bard_92
The reviewer sounds like someone inloved in the old BG, so it's not very fair to me..,I like the previous ones better! :) but thanks for sharing it ;)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 00:03
by Dragonfly
And why isn't anyone excited about harpsichord setting off 'Prophecies'? Is that not delicious? One could think Blind Guardian wanted to create an XVIII-XIX century vibe with that intro. Now I'm super intrigued by how that part (and the whole song) will sound.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 00:09
by bard_92
Dragonfly wrote:And why isn't anyone excited about harpsichord setting off 'Prophecies'? Is that not delicious? One could think Blind Guardian wanted to create an XVIII-XIX century vibe with that intro. Now I'm super intrigued by how that part (and the whole song) will sound.
Never thought about this! From all of the songs, this one is still a real mistery to me!!! But a 18-19 century vibe will be awesome, I agree!!! :)

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 00:12
by Dragonfly
bard_92 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:And why isn't anyone excited about harpsichord setting off 'Prophecies'? Is that not delicious? One could think Blind Guardian wanted to create an XVIII-XIX century vibe with that intro. Now I'm super intrigued by how that part (and the whole song) will sound.
Never thought about this! From all of the songs, this one is still a real mistery to me!!! But a 18-19 century vibe will be awesome, I agree!!! :)
At least that's what it makes me imagine, something totally classical and sublime. :D

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 00:19
by Gandalf de Grijze
Dragonfly wrote: Another new review, somewhat less enthusiastic than the previous ones: http://www.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-01 ... red-mirror
What I like here is the description of 'Grand Parade': '...while closer Grand Parade is an audacious masterpiece, group and orchestra beautifully entwined within a labyrinth of sweeping arrangements, tastefully balanced light and shade and storytelling grandeur.'
Did that guy write his review with a vocabulary next to him? It seems to me he tries to sound super elitist, but has said close to nothing about the album... I regret registering to read this review... I had expected something more elaborate and in depth.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 00:23
by bard_92
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:
Dragonfly wrote: Another new review, somewhat less enthusiastic than the previous ones: http://www.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-01 ... red-mirror
What I like here is the description of 'Grand Parade': '...while closer Grand Parade is an audacious masterpiece, group and orchestra beautifully entwined within a labyrinth of sweeping arrangements, tastefully balanced light and shade and storytelling grandeur.'
Did that guy write his review with a vocabulary next to him? It seems to me he tries to sound super elitist, but has said close to nothing about the album... I regret registering to read this review... I had expected something more elaborate and in depth.
:!: :!: :!:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 00:29
by Dragonfly
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:
Dragonfly wrote: Another new review, somewhat less enthusiastic than the previous ones: http://www.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-01 ... red-mirror
What I like here is the description of 'Grand Parade': '...while closer Grand Parade is an audacious masterpiece, group and orchestra beautifully entwined within a labyrinth of sweeping arrangements, tastefully balanced light and shade and storytelling grandeur.'
Did that guy write his review with a vocabulary next to him? It seems to me he tries to sound super elitist, but has said close to nothing about the album... I regret registering to read this review... I had expected something more elaborate and in depth.
Yeah, I don't like short and shallow reviews either.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 16:49
by Gandalf de Grijze
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=109549

nice interview, at the bottom is a videolink to it...

the ninth wave possibly being a more epic opener than sacred worlds... that will probably be amazing!!!

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 21:40
by bard_92
Amazing Interview!!! Very Interesting!!! Just listened it, and then read it...Very interesting questions!!!! Great work to John Yealnd!!! Thanks for the question about Twilight Of The Gods song and it's lyrics references!!! It's so better when a real fan makes the interview...it's way more in to questions that are also in my head! :D

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 21:47
by Rokubota
The Curse of Feanor is a pain in the ass because you don't have that power in your voice anymore Hansi. He is struggling with everything these days, even the old stuff.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 22:03
by blindgfan
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=109549

nice interview, at the bottom is a videolink to it...

the ninth wave possibly being a more epic opener than sacred worlds... that will probably be amazing!!!

Why "Guardian of the Blind"? WTF? There is so much to choose from... Last candle, Ashes to Ashes, The Hobbit, Another Holy War, etc.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 22:05
by Wizard's Crown
Rokubota wrote:The Curse of Feanor is a pain in the ass because you don't have that power in your voice anymore Hansi. He is struggling with everything these days, even the old stuff.
There's no surprise that they decided to use 7-string guitars on this album. It maybe is true that it can be an opportunity for experimentation but it is also true that it makes Hansi's work a little easier.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 22:06
by bard_92
I absolutely disagree with this!!! Hansi's voice is just in a different and better approach than ever...
And I would say that your comment is the one that have no power, as the fact that there's no better voice than his nowadays! I think that you have no point, at least as there's no someone better than him..which I probably...no, I mean ABSOLUTELY DOUBT that could be!!! :wink:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 22:08
by Wizard's Crown
blindgfan wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=109549

nice interview, at the bottom is a videolink to it...

the ninth wave possibly being a more epic opener than sacred worlds... that will probably be amazing!!!

Why "Guardian of the Blind"? WTF? There is so much to choose from... Last candle, Ashes to Ashes, The Hobbit, Another Holy War, etc.
I always wanted to hear again "run for the night"..in my mind it's equal with "majesty" but maybe it's just me...

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 22:51
by blindgfan
Wizard's Crown wrote:
blindgfan wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=109549

nice interview, at the bottom is a videolink to it...

the ninth wave possibly being a more epic opener than sacred worlds... that will probably be amazing!!!

Why "Guardian of the Blind"? WTF? There is so much to choose from... Last candle, Ashes to Ashes, The Hobbit, Another Holy War, etc.
I always wanted to hear again "run for the night"..in my mind it's equal with "majesty" but maybe it's just me...


I don't want to hear anything from first 2 albums. They are too good for it already.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 07 Jan 2015 23:59
by Rokubota
bard_92 wrote:I absolutely disagree with this!!! Hansi's voice is just in a different and better approach than ever...
And I would say that your comment is the one that have no power, as the fact that there's no better voice than his nowadays! I think that you have no point, at least as there's no someone better than him..which I probably...no, I mean ABSOLUTELY DOUBT that could be!!! :wink:
Hehehe

He is aging and his voice doesn't have the same power of his younger days. He can't do that harsh and high pitched voice from IFTOS at that level anymore.

Hansi's new approach is much better for his vocal cords, that's for sure. He tried in the last trailer but he doesn't sound that nice in those raspy and high pitched moments.

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

Posted: 08 Jan 2015 01:35
by Darth Arrow
Wizard's Crown wrote:I always wanted to hear again "run for the night"..in my mind it's equal with "majesty" but maybe it's just me...
Run for the Night, Wizard's Crown, Banish from Sanctuary, I'd like to hear those three. Plus The Martyr would be very intresting to hear as well.