Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
wade-newb

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#51 Post by wade-newb » 19 May 2014 08:46

Also, Dragonfly, I can never read your signature without Control The Divine becoming stuck in my mind for hours xD
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Dragonfly

#52 Post by Dragonfly » 19 May 2014 11:19

wade-newb wrote:Also, Dragonfly, I can never read your signature without Control The Divine becoming stuck in my mind for hours xD
Haha :D Right before the chorus! :mrgreen:

And yes, a special EP with all the finalized older songs would be amazing, no matter how many of them there are! :)
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Dragonfly

#53 Post by Dragonfly » 12 Jun 2014 17:22

A new photo from the studio :)

bard_92

#54 Post by bard_92 » 12 Jun 2014 23:14

These guys are truly awesome! There are around 8 months since their last update and finally we had aaaaaa........picture !!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :?:

Dragonfly

#55 Post by Dragonfly » 13 Jun 2014 11:30

Well, this one comes with a brief comment telling us that the guys are recording "glorious choirs", so they're doing their job. It shouldn't take much time before everything is done, it seems.
Still hoping for an autumn release :mrgreen:

wade-newb

#56 Post by wade-newb » 13 Jun 2014 12:14

I just really want to hear some of the music. Even a single 30 second snippet of a single song. Two studio pictured are cool in their own right, we get to see the guardians and company at work, but seeing music being made and not hearing the music itself hurts very much.

Ryu

#57 Post by Ryu » 13 Jun 2014 23:57

Well, progress. Certainty of life.

I'm mainly interested in what happened to the prediction of them likely being finished in May.
Defiant of destiny

wade-newb

#58 Post by wade-newb » 14 Jun 2014 00:56

Ryu wrote:Well, progress. Certainty of life.

I'm mainly interested in what happened to the prediction of them likely being finished in May.
Well, you know, the uncertainties of life can have that effect.

bestpike

#59 Post by bestpike » 14 Jun 2014 10:39

wade-newb wrote:I just really want to hear some of the music. Even a single 30 second snippet of a single song. Two studio pictured are cool in their own right, we get to see the guardians and company at work, but seeing music being made and not hearing the music itself hurts very much.
I kinda agree, I think it feels a bit drier because the previous 2 times there was something out well before the album release (i.e. Fly single for Atitm and Sacred for Ateot, plus the guardian tv channel videos). This time we got close to 0 indeed.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Traveller in Time

#60 Post by Traveller in Time » 14 Jun 2014 12:03

It's just a feeling, but i think this time BG just suprises us someday with:
"oh btw our album is out" ;)

Does anyone remember when Nuclear Blast was promoting ATEOT?
Was it 3 month before the release or even more? I guess it will be an ohter long session of being patience.....
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragonfly

#61 Post by Dragonfly » 14 Jun 2014 14:23

Even if it takes them one more month to finish everything there still remain chances for the album being out in October/November (July + 3 months = October). I hope that Nuclear Blast won't postpone it until next year, that would HURT... :(
Give us tracklist and a single, PLEASE! :!:

Dragonfly

#62 Post by Dragonfly » 14 Jun 2014 14:56

bestpike wrote:
wade-newb wrote:I just really want to hear some of the music. Even a single 30 second snippet of a single song. Two studio pictured are cool in their own right, we get to see the guardians and company at work, but seeing music being made and not hearing the music itself hurts very much.
I kinda agree, I think it feels a bit drier because the previous 2 times there was something out well before the album release (i.e. Fly single for Atitm and Sacred for Ateot, plus the guardian tv channel videos). This time we got close to 0 indeed.
Yeah, that's so true. No one has heard a single note yet, all we know is that the album will most likely be more aggressive than some previous ones, say, half of the songs will be fast and heavy (or heavy and fast? :) ) and at least two songs will feature an orchestra. Top secret indeed :) It seems that Twilight Hall Studio is impenetrable for any sort of spies and observers since no one knows anything :mrgreen:

Traveller in Time

#63 Post by Traveller in Time » 14 Jun 2014 14:59

Well the new Hamerfall album will be out in late August and was announced just now.
So i guess the promotion pre-run will take at least as long.

If they now are doing the choirs, there is still a bit mixing and mastering work. So i bet for an early 2015 release.
But i do hope for an appetizer in october/november :)

Ryu

#64 Post by Ryu » 27 Jun 2014 06:54

Hey dogs we're probably close to an update of some kind

My skin tingles and burns thinking of it

Let me apply this cream
Defiant of destiny

Dragonfly

#65 Post by Dragonfly » 27 Jun 2014 08:57

Ryu wrote:Hey dogs we're probably close to an update of some kind

My skin tingles and burns thinking of it

Let me apply this cream
It's about time really. I wonder what the guys've been up to in the last weeks... How much is left to do?

wade-newb

#66 Post by wade-newb » 28 Jun 2014 11:19

Maybe Blind Guardian are just being sadistic towards their fans this time xD No news, no samples, no videos until the album comes out.

I hope not.

bestpike

#67 Post by bestpike » 28 Jun 2014 11:47

Indeed, by now you would expect at least a track list with track durations, album art and the likes like we got for Atitm. This makes me think that the album is really still deep in development
Forever to be free

Traveller in Time

#68 Post by Traveller in Time » 28 Jun 2014 12:43

besides the metal hammer awards gig there is nothing on their schedule this year.
That's my fear, even if they start doing the promotion soon, it would be still month(s) away from a release...
maybe busy with World Cup? :?

Dragonfly

#69 Post by Dragonfly » 28 Jun 2014 12:54

Traveller in Time wrote: maybe busy with World Cup? :?
Yeah, and the time when they will give some information depends on how successful the German team is. Like, if they win then all the details will be revealed right on July 13th, if they lose the final - then a week later, if they win the bronze - two weeks later, if they don't make it to the semi-final - wait for the whole freaking month! :roll:

Moral: support the Germans :mrgreen:

bard_92

#70 Post by bard_92 » 28 Jun 2014 14:12

Maybe there would be a double release...the 10th album + the orchestral project !!!
Did you imagine that ??? :) :) 8)

Traveller in Time

#71 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Jun 2014 14:18

bard_92 wrote:Maybe there would be a double release...the 10th album + the orchestral project !!!
Did you imagine that ??? :) :) 8)
would be nice for us, but i think the label would be against ;)

Angus

#72 Post by Angus » 01 Jul 2014 22:18

I have a little something for you guys right here.

Ryu

#73 Post by Ryu » 02 Jul 2014 00:04

It's something, but decidedly not to be featured on the upcoming BG album. It's from that new Disforia track I believe.
Defiant of destiny

Angus

#74 Post by Angus » 02 Jul 2014 00:27

Ryu

#75 Post by Ryu » 03 Jul 2014 09:40

Some facts to guide our expectations:

BG's 2009 tour ended in September; they then proceeded to finish up ATEOT over the period of the next 11 months. The album was released on July 30th, 2010, in Europe.

Subsequently, the tour directly promoting ATEOT began in the following September. So, there was a little over a month between the album's release and the official tour.

A Voice in the Dark was released as a single in June of 2010, roughly a month before the album.

So, if this information is in any way indicative of what's to come, we're likely looking at..

*The album dropping sometime in December to coincide with the upcoming 70000 Tons of Metal, and a single in autumn (unlikely, the festival is a one-off and they're done for a few months after that) or..
*The album will drop in late winter or early spring of next year, to be in line with the official tour, which would give us a single a little before or after 70000 Tons of Metal.

Keeping all this in mind, they do have an upcoming show in August and then in September. Anything could happen, but I'm betting we'll start getting studio previews fairly soon (sometime this summer), a release date in early autumn, actual samples a little before Christmas, and a single to follow that.

The diehard BG fan could go peruse setlist.fm and other mediums to determine how the cycle went with ATITM. If it lines up at all with ATEOT and what we're seeing now, then we know what to expect.

I'd love to be wrong, however..
Defiant of destiny

Dragonfly

#76 Post by Dragonfly » 03 Jul 2014 12:00

Frankly speaking, I'd prefer getting the new album in autumn/winter of 2014 than in 2015...

sciacallo010

#77 Post by sciacallo010 » 03 Jul 2014 12:08

Dragonfly wrote:Frankly speaking, I'd prefer getting the new album in autumn/winter of 2014 than in 2015...
I think this is what we are all hoping :D

Dragonfly

#78 Post by Dragonfly » 03 Jul 2014 12:14

sciacallo010 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Frankly speaking, I'd prefer getting the new album in autumn/winter of 2014 than in 2015...
I think this is what we are all hoping :D
I played some Captain Obvious there for sure :mrgreen:

The guys really should at least give us a hint of when we can expect the new CD...

bestpike

#79 Post by bestpike » 03 Jul 2014 13:02

My guess is they are not yet happy with the end result. We will probably get some announcement soon about the release date
Forever to be free

bard_92

#80 Post by bard_92 » 03 Jul 2014 13:46

But why are you thinking the worst ? Maybe this time they want to give us something extremely amazing and BIG :) In my personal opinion they are preparing to us something spectacular!!! And I truly hope so!!!

Dragonfly

#81 Post by Dragonfly » 03 Jul 2014 14:12

I agree with both bestpike and bard_92. Blind Guardian are known for their perfectionism, and if we're lucky they are polishing the album now, maybe also putting finishing touches on the cover art and tracklist. Anyway, about three weeks ago the guys were recording choirs which is one of the final steps of production I believe. It was also reported that Hansi is more or less done with vocals, so everything should be kind of clear now. I mean, the album is in that stage of production where at least the number of songs which will be featured on the album is clarified, so I guess Hansi & Co could reveal the tracklist... even though they're still working on some aspects. And if it takes them the whole month to finish this work they still can put the release date somewhere in October/November I think because people are STARVING! And we won't have to wait until 2015, in which case the sacred 4-year cycle would be broken and evilly violated :evil:

bestpike

#82 Post by bestpike » 03 Jul 2014 14:40

I expect them to violate the 4 year rule at some point, maybe now, since they have also the orchestral project to make up for it. I just want a good album. One can only keep wondering how many of those this band has in them, and they have already offered far more than most.
Forever to be free

Dragonfly

#83 Post by Dragonfly » 03 Jul 2014 14:43

Yeah, I forgot about it... Well, the orchestral project is a most welcome violation! :D

Gandalf de Grijze

#84 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 04 Jul 2014 00:16

i am fairly certain the only violation of the 4 year rule will be to instigate a new 5 year or 6 year rule...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

sciacallo010

#85 Post by sciacallo010 » 04 Jul 2014 11:15

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:i am fairly certain the only violation of the 4 year rule will be to instigate a new 5 year or 6 year rule...
That's my fear.
And regarding the orchestral album, I still think it's some sort of neologism they created to say never like "I will make you drive my car when the orchestral album will be released" :mrgreen:

BTW I really hope (but I fear that it's not likely to happen) they chose another artist for the artwork; Machado is not bad but his covers are all quite the same, similar colors, similar images, and above all digital-made covers are worse on almost everything compared to the handmade ones.
With Andreas Marschall they had the most beautiful pieces of art one could ever hope for a cover!

bestpike

#86 Post by bestpike » 04 Jul 2014 13:55

sciacallo010 wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:i am fairly certain the only violation of the 4 year rule will be to instigate a new 5 year or 6 year rule...
That's my fear.
And regarding the orchestral album, I still think it's some sort of neologism they created to say never like "I will make you drive my car when the orchestral album will be released" :mrgreen:

BTW I really hope (but I fear that it's not likely to happen) they chose another artist for the artwork; Machado is not bad but his covers are all quite the same, similar colors, similar images, and above all digital-made covers are worse on almost everything compared to the handmade ones.
With Andreas Marschall they had the most beautiful pieces of art one could ever hope for a cover!
What I hope for is a bit better "debugging" than last time, where we had a great album with mistakes I have never seen in the most awful bands out there, like the high-frequency beep in Curse my Name, and the glaring mispronunciation of "legacy" in War of the thrones. How can it be possible that the whole band didn't know how it is pronounced? Unreal...

Edit: Sorry for the rant, sciacallo's post just reminded me that. I was pretty angry that while I had bought the CD, I was actually using a copy CD in my car with fixed Curse my name version. It's like buying an original game that doesn't work (and the company won't admit it) so then you have to download a torrent for it in order to play it.
Forever to be free

Dragonfly

#87 Post by Dragonfly » 04 Jul 2014 17:50

bestpike wrote:
What I hope for is a bit better "debugging" than last time, where we had a great album with mistakes I have never seen in the most awful bands out there, like the high-frequency beep in Curse my Name, and the glaring mispronunciation of "legacy" in War of the thrones. How can it be possible that the whole band didn't know how it is pronounced? Unreal...
Maybe that's why it takes so long to finish the production - the guys are looking for all the possible mistakes thereafter correcting them. Perhaps this time they are striving for a perfect album even more than ever before but hell is the wait getting painful :(

bestpike

#88 Post by bestpike » 04 Jul 2014 21:44

Dragonfly wrote:
bestpike wrote:
Maybe that's why it takes so long to finish the production - the guys are looking for all the possible mistakes thereafter correcting them. Perhaps this time they are striving for a perfect album even more than ever before but hell is the wait getting painful :(
Indeed, I don't think this will happen again (hopefully). It's really strange that it hapepned after so many flawless (to me) in terms of 'bugs' albums, and the album itself had also great quality which doesn't show it was rushed, so the whole thing doesn't compute at all. Ok, the Curse my name beep I am aware that older people cannot hear such high frequencies very well (I think the beep was at 15-16Khz?), so the reason could have been honestly that no one young enough listened to the final track that made it into the album. The War of the thrones thing is a bit harder to disregard though. It's almost like noone listened to the song lyrics but the absolute minimum: Hansi and Charlie. I can't see how this was missed by 6 people. Legacy is not an obscure word, especially for a power metal band :P. Anyway, just ranting here, had a bit of a bad day today. Don't let me bring the mood down.
Forever to be free

bard_92

#89 Post by bard_92 » 05 Jul 2014 10:00

I agree with "Curse my name", and I hope that in a 1-2 years they will release Remastered version of the album where it will be fixed, but in War Of The Thrones I really couldn't see the problem. "Legacy" sounds nice to me :?

Isis65

#90 Post by Isis65 » 05 Jul 2014 18:16

totaly agree with you...
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Traveller in Time

#91 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Jul 2014 13:06

Even if they break the 4 years rule, look what they have done since last album. Besides a new studio album: One Best Of and the Box set, plus finishing the orchestra project.
So they were quite hard-working ;)

But the wait is really horrible these days. Especially when you are expecting it every day ;)

Isis65

#92 Post by Isis65 » 06 Jul 2014 13:55

Traveller in Time wrote:... plus finishing the orchestra project.
:roll: :roll:

sure, sure .... and when it came out the orchestral album?
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

sciacallo010

#93 Post by sciacallo010 » 06 Jul 2014 18:04

Isis65 wrote:

Rumors coming from someone pretty close to the band's members said it should be released around the 2024, but it may be later on. :P

Traveller in Time

#94 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Jul 2014 18:16

ok finishing in meaning of recording. All the mixing stuff taken out ;)

Traveller in Time

#95 Post by Traveller in Time » 06 Jul 2014 18:17

sciacallo010 wrote:
Isis65 wrote:

Rumors coming from someone pretty close to the band's members said it should be released around the 2024, but it may be later on. :P
:lol:

bestpike

#96 Post by bestpike » 06 Jul 2014 18:55

sciacallo010 wrote:
Isis65 wrote:

that sounds realistic :p
Forever to be free

Dragonfly

#97 Post by Dragonfly » 06 Jul 2014 20:16

On a side note: while waiting for the new Blind Guardian album I got the news of a new album, but the one from Pink Floyd! It was reported to be released in October. And well, that was... kind of unexpected and a bit surprising, to say the least. It's amazing what can happen to you when you're eagerly awaiting a new BG studio album, even such downright incredible wonders become a reality :!: Like it's more possible that the least probable band to release a new album will record a fresh LP than Hansi & Co will reveal something about their new album :)

Isis65

#98 Post by Isis65 » 06 Jul 2014 21:03

sciacallo010 wrote:
:D Where's the "like" button?
Dragonfly wrote:On a side note: while waiting for the new Blind Guardian album I got the news of a new album, but the one from Pink Floyd!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
(etc.)

By the way, the announcement was gave via twitter by Polly Samson, who is the wife of David Gilmour.
The band still has not released any statement.

hem....someone here has some contact on social networks of some lady Guardian?

:mrgreen:
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Dragonfly

#99 Post by Dragonfly » 06 Jul 2014 21:17

Isis65 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:On a side note: while waiting for the new Blind Guardian album I got the news of a new album, but the one from Pink Floyd!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
(etc.)

By the way, the announcement was gave via twitter by Polly Samson, who is the wife of David Gilmour.
The band still has not released any statement.
This may well be the best news in a HUGE while! And what a marvellous surprise, too!
Isis65 wrote:hem....someone here has some contact on social networks of some lady Guardian?

:mrgreen:
Frau Kürsch, can you hear us? :mrgreen:

Ryu

#100 Post by Ryu » 25 Jul 2014 01:13

Confusingly long silence from the band. If the next update doesn't have any kind of samples or snippets, I'll be disappointed.

I could speak at length about what BG's work has done for me.. and the need is dire for more.
Defiant of destiny