Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Message
Author
User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#401 Post by Dragonfly » 02 Nov 2014 21:09

Freak666 wrote:Think of what we've got (-> nothing) around one month before and notice that we are now aware of:

- the songnames
- the single release date
- the album release date
- tour dates

I'm absolutely sure that november will bring us a lot of new informations. On november 17th for example the new rock hard issue will be in stores with a large interview. than hopefully we will be much wiser. I will translate it asap of course!
Great news! Thanks a lot! :)
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#402 Post by wade-newb » 02 Nov 2014 21:17

Rokubota wrote:I want a Blind Guardian album with a more brutal sound, very heavy and very violent.
You should probably appreciate what comes rather than beg for something specific. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#403 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 03 Nov 2014 13:54

I don't need a brutal heavy violent sound from BG, and guys, we can complain all we want, but the band has always been this way! Last album with the webisodes with behind the scenes were more of an exception rather than rule...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Blackened
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 May 2010 16:50

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#404 Post by Blackened » 03 Nov 2014 15:12

Freak666 wrote:On november 17th for example the new rock hard issue will be in stores with a large interview. than hopefully we will be much wiser. I will translate it asap of course!
I think the interview will be in a later issue, maybe mid December.
The article said "more about the concept etc. in one of the next issues", I guess November is too early but we'll see.

Rokubota
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#405 Post by Rokubota » 03 Nov 2014 16:54

wade-newb wrote:
Rokubota wrote:I want a Blind Guardian album with a more brutal sound, very heavy and very violent.
You should probably appreciate what comes rather than beg for something specific. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.


My expectations in terms of memorable songwriting are very low. They have Thrashy and fast songs in this new album and the production could be very good (brutal, heavy) or very bad a la ATITM(thin sound, compressed), you never know with this band.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#406 Post by bestpike » 03 Nov 2014 17:36

I kind of agree with Rokubota, only because it seems as I mentioned before that BG shine on the fast stuff more. I somehow find slower songs easier to write.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Freak666
Posts: 70
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 21:27

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#407 Post by Freak666 » 03 Nov 2014 21:56

bestpike wrote:I kind of agree with Rokubota, only because it seems as I mentioned before that BG shine on the fast stuff more. I somehow find slower songs easier to write.
Well there are two kinds of "faster" songs:

There is this Thrash-Metal stuff like "A Voice in the Dark" and then we've got those more Power Metal related songs like "Somewhere far beyond".

While "SFB" is one of their best (and most underrated) songs, "AVITD" doesn't do it really for me.

So basically you are right, but we need to seperate. :D

Perse
Posts: 53
Joined: 04 Aug 2011 20:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#408 Post by Perse » 04 Nov 2014 02:12

Sorry if it has been posted before, but I just read the track-by-track article in the Rock Hard and the article says that the orchestral project is planned to be released in 2016. So it got postponed again?

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#409 Post by bestpike » 04 Nov 2014 11:36

Freak666 wrote:
bestpike wrote:I kind of agree with Rokubota, only because it seems as I mentioned before that BG shine on the fast stuff more. I somehow find slower songs easier to write.
Well there are two kinds of "faster" songs:

There is this Thrash-Metal stuff like "A Voice in the Dark" and then we've got those more Power Metal related songs like "Somewhere far beyond".

While "SFB" is one of their best (and most underrated) songs, "AVITD" doesn't do it really for me.

So basically you are right, but we need to seperate. :D
Although I like "A Voice in the Dark", I get what you mean. I don't like every single fast BG song either :) (e.g. some Follow the Blind songs). SFB is great btw, it took me a while to realise, so idd it might be underrated.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#410 Post by sciacallo010 » 04 Nov 2014 11:50

Perse wrote:Sorry if it has been posted before, but I just read the track-by-track article in the Rock Hard and the article says that the orchestral project is planned to be released in 2016. So it got postponed again?
Considering that the studio album will be released in January and for a lot of the rest of the year they will be touring it was pretty obvious even if they didn't write an official statement to say it ;)

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#411 Post by Dragonfly » 04 Nov 2014 22:41

OK, Friday is the day :D !
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#412 Post by Ryu » 06 Nov 2014 06:32

In reality, what could the news be..

*Actual tracklist with song durations+album art, title
*Announcement of US tour
*Orchestral project tidbit
*Sample/samples of the single/other songs

Really isn't a whole lot else we're missing at this point.
Defiant of destiny

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#413 Post by sciacallo010 » 06 Nov 2014 14:45

Ryu wrote:In reality, what could the news be..

*Actual tracklist with song durations+album art, title
*Announcement of US tour
*Orchestral project tidbit
*Sample/samples of the single/other songs

Really isn't a whole lot else we're missing at this point.
I hope it won't be (at least, just) the announcement of a US Tour, I'm too looking forward to the other 3 :)

residentour
Posts: 151
Joined: 06 Feb 2007 20:31

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#414 Post by residentour » 06 Nov 2014 23:26

I would like to see a making of recording video series like those from the last album. And also they came 4 months before the release.

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#415 Post by sciacallo010 » 07 Nov 2014 11:03

So today is the day...the wait is driving me mad! :D
Last edited by sciacallo010 on 07 Nov 2014 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#416 Post by bestpike » 07 Nov 2014 11:03

sciacallo010 wrote:So today is the day...I'm anxious, can't wait! :!:
man, relax a bit :D
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#417 Post by bard_92 » 07 Nov 2014 11:59

bestpike wrote:
sciacallo010 wrote:So today is the day...I'm anxious, can't wait! :!:
man, relax a bit :D

What are you talking about...we're waiting for this post for 13 months...just tell me, how to relax ???! :D :shock: :o

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#418 Post by Dragonfly » 07 Nov 2014 13:50

And it would be nice to get some new comments from Hansi, just like he did with "A sign of hope" in October 2013.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#419 Post by bestpike » 07 Nov 2014 15:10

Dragonfly wrote:And it would be nice to get some new comments from Hansi, just like he did with "A sign of hope" in October 2013.
I at least hope there won't be any more mentions of the orchestral album unless it's an actual release date. I think we had enough teasers and postponements...
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#420 Post by Dragonfly » 07 Nov 2014 16:58

bestpike wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:And it would be nice to get some new comments from Hansi, just like he did with "A sign of hope" in October 2013.
I at least hope there won't be any more mentions of the orchestral album unless it's an actual release date. I think we had enough teasers and postponements...
I actually don't think the orchestral album will be mentioned at all as it will only trigger thousands of fans' impatient questions. Better keep it a mystery until it's done, we have the 10th LP to sink our teeth into anyway!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Blackened
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 May 2010 16:50

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#421 Post by Blackened » 07 Nov 2014 18:57

Album title revealed on Nuclear Blast homepage! :D

Feanor l'invincible
Posts: 128
Joined: 07 May 2006 20:56
Location: Morocco

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#422 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 07 Nov 2014 19:02

Beyond the Red Mirror.

Tracklist revealed, no tracks lenghts unfortunately.
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#423 Post by Dragonfly » 07 Nov 2014 19:08

Okay, I guess the Earbook edition is the only option :mrgreen:
And we have "Doom"! Which might have been "Encrypted Time".
By the way, I by far prefer the second cover art, hope it's for the special edition!
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#424 Post by wade-newb » 07 Nov 2014 19:15

Really cool album art, really great titles, I'm really really excited.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Feanor l'invincible
Posts: 128
Joined: 07 May 2006 20:56
Location: Morocco

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#425 Post by Feanor l'invincible » 07 Nov 2014 19:17

I believe, we won't get any samples this time!
THE CURSE OF FEANOR RUNS LONG!

Blackened
Posts: 81
Joined: 26 May 2010 16:50

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#426 Post by Blackened » 07 Nov 2014 19:18

Dragonfly wrote: By the way, I by far prefer the second cover art, hope it's for the special edition!
Me, too. And yes, it is the limited version.

User avatar
Angus
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Dec 2010 21:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#427 Post by Angus » 07 Nov 2014 19:18

Rokubota wrote:I want a Blind Guardian album with a more brutal sound, very heavy and very violent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhEmAvZBFUs

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#428 Post by sciacallo010 » 07 Nov 2014 19:50

Dragonfly wrote:I by far prefer the second cover art


Me too!
Dragonfly wrote:hope it's for the special edition!
Don't really care, just preordered them all :mrgreen:

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#429 Post by wade-newb » 07 Nov 2014 19:57

sciacallo010 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:I by far prefer the second cover art


Me too!
Dragonfly wrote:hope it's for the special edition!
Don't really care, just preordered them all :mrgreen:
You're lucky to have money like that xD Good on you though, enjoy!
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#430 Post by Dragonfly » 07 Nov 2014 20:00

Does anyone know what is a 10'' in that Nuclear Blast exclusive edition?
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#431 Post by Andreas » 07 Nov 2014 20:47

Damn... I really hate €arbooks, but I want that extra track...

User avatar
Orodaran
Posts: 5412
Joined: 17 Aug 2002 21:59
Location: Hall of the Mountain King
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#432 Post by Orodaran » 07 Nov 2014 20:55

Awesome album title, horrible cover (while the red one is slightly better).

In the end, the music will be the only thing that will matter 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Twister
Posts: 470
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 14:31
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#433 Post by Twister » 07 Nov 2014 21:33

Everything sounds amazing. The effort, the concept, the track names, the orchestras, the choirs - then you read that name again. Charlie Bauerfeind. Let's hope he was able to make everything sound good, at least this time. :roll:
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#434 Post by bestpike » 07 Nov 2014 22:19

Twister wrote:Everything sounds amazing. The effort, the concept, the track names, the orchestras, the choirs - then you read that name again. Charlie Bauerfeind. Let's hope he was able to make everything sound good, at least this time. :roll:
i'm pretty sure there will be some nice Easter eggs in there like last time :P
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#435 Post by Dragonfly » 07 Nov 2014 22:53

Once I had a thought that it would be really funny if Blind Guardian wrote a song about that old PC game "Doom". Of course it would be intended as a bonus track right from the start as such a concept doesn't fit at all with typical Blind Guardian album themes, a song penned just for fun. That seemed kinda possible considering that Andre and Marcus are both avid players (though they seem to prefer another genre) and that they already have a song such as "Sacred Worlds". And now they inform us that on the new album there will be a bonus song called "Doom". Not that I truly believe it's about the game, but... it feels kinda intriguing, I should say.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Rokubota
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#436 Post by Rokubota » 07 Nov 2014 23:41

Another generic and uninspired cover from Machado :roll:.

Andre and Marcus should play something like God Hand, Vanquish, SF 3:Third Strike or VF. WOW is for casuals 8) ,

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#437 Post by ErHaO » 07 Nov 2014 23:54

Dragonfly wrote:Does anyone know what is a 10'' in that Nuclear Blast exclusive edition?
It is a 10" Mini-LP (vinyl). Nuclear Blast has some of those in their store (search for 10" at their site). Wondering what songs will be on there (album songs? demos? wacken?), as it is not large enough for the entire album but larger than the single. About four songs should be possible I think.

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#438 Post by bard_92 » 07 Nov 2014 23:57

It seems that Grand Parade would be the Piece of the Pieces...
Just wondering, why there's nothing said about At The Edge Of Time song...I mean that they said, even twice, that it would be like an appetizer for the orchestral project...which means that this song have to be...I don't know...at least special !!! And I can't imagine that they will use an appetizer shorter than 8 minutes, I guess...but there's still nothing special said about this song! It's a big mystery for me, I hope it will be again a long song!

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#439 Post by sciacallo010 » 07 Nov 2014 23:58

wade-newb wrote:
sciacallo010 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:I by far prefer the second cover art


Me too!
Dragonfly wrote:hope it's for the special edition!
Don't really care, just preordered them all :mrgreen:
You're lucky to have money like that xD Good on you though, enjoy!
It was quite a sacrifice but for them I did it happily.

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#440 Post by Ryu » 08 Nov 2014 00:40

The special edition artwork isn't in and of itself bad... it has a very rough BG feel, it's just too highly digitalized. And monochromatic.

A shame that a monochromatic album cover is preferable to a more complex one. It's immediately recognizable, I suppose.
Defiant of destiny

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#441 Post by sciacallo010 » 08 Nov 2014 00:44

Ryu wrote:The special edition artwork isn't in and of itself bad... it has a very rough BG feel, it's just too highly digitalized. And monochromatic.

A shame that a monochromatic album cover is preferable to a more complex one. It's immediately recognizable, I suppose.
Monochromatic covers can be a lot different (and way better): Nightfall in Middle Earth isn't properly monochromatic but is fully in dark tones (mostly black and blue) and, neadless to say, it's a masterpiece.

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#442 Post by Ryu » 08 Nov 2014 01:05

sciacallo010 wrote:
Ryu wrote:The special edition artwork isn't in and of itself bad... it has a very rough BG feel, it's just too highly digitalized. And monochromatic.

A shame that a monochromatic album cover is preferable to a more complex one. It's immediately recognizable, I suppose.
Monochromatic covers can be a lot different (and way better): Nightfall in Middle Earth isn't properly monochromatic but is fully in dark tones (mostly black and blue) and, neadless to say, it's a masterpiece.
I agree; there's a very raw feel to it that can't be replicated by Machado it seems.

Something hand-drawn immediately seems to command more respect. These newer covers are effortless and too safe, however. The mirror's design is overwhelmingly BG - there's just something missing?

I can look at SFB, NIME, IFTOS, and ANATO and constantly be surprised by some minute detail. ATEOT, however.. if you've seen one half of the cover, you've seen the other. ATITM is a dragon. Woo, we're a power metal group. Dragons are something we sing about. But interestingly, not on the accompanying album!

At least there's, well, a mirror that's red. It's their first relevant cover since 2002.
Defiant of destiny

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#443 Post by Dragonfly » 08 Nov 2014 01:31

ErHaO wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Does anyone know what is a 10'' in that Nuclear Blast exclusive edition?
It is a 10" Mini-LP (vinyl). Nuclear Blast has some of those in their store (search for 10" at their site). Wondering what songs will be on there (album songs? demos? wacken?), as it is not large enough for the entire album but larger than the single. About four songs should be possible I think.
Thank you! Then it's clear that it's no use purchasing that deluxe edition since I won't be able to play it. That settles it.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Freak666
Posts: 70
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 21:27

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#444 Post by Freak666 » 08 Nov 2014 22:56

Why Machado again? Whyyyyyyyy!?
Both covers sucks. The red one is a little better but still far away from being good.
They both do not convey anything to the viewer. No emotions, no feelings, not even the want to listen to the album.

THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE COVER ARTWORK IS THE BG LOGO!

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#445 Post by ErHaO » 09 Nov 2014 02:20

I thought he did a decent job with Memories of a Time to Come and the Traveller's box set, but most of his covers are overdone. I liked what he did in the ATEOT booklet as well (most of that was better than his covers for some reason).

The mirror looks good in it's simplicity though, I kind of like it. But the first one is really ugly. Will the one with just the mirror be the cover for any version? I hope it is the cover for the earbook, as I am probably going for that one.

User avatar
wade-newb
Posts: 505
Joined: 10 Oct 2009 22:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#446 Post by wade-newb » 09 Nov 2014 14:46

I'm beginning to like Machado's covers...
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#447 Post by bestpike » 09 Nov 2014 15:17

wade-newb wrote:I'm beginning to like Machado's covers...
The red one is pretty cool, the other one is just generic blue-orange contrast. Interesting that this tired color combo is still considered a good choice.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 482
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#448 Post by Dragonfly » 09 Nov 2014 18:08

I was kinda afraid that Nuclear Blast would turn one of those 11 songs into a bonus track, and here it is... And I'm pretty damn sure "Distant Memories" is just as much of an integral part of the story as any other song on the album. I hate it when that happens, kinda reminds me of Symphony X's "Iconoclast" where all 12 tracks provide the full experience, and the regular CD version features only nine songs.
It's almost the same thing with "Beyond The Red Mirror": the usual CD comes as quite a deficient edition of the album, with only 10 songs and that really generic cover art.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Freak666
Posts: 70
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 21:27

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#449 Post by Freak666 » 09 Nov 2014 19:35

You're absolutely right! Back then Bonustracks were mostly Coversongs for the japanese release. It was a little annoying but it was also fun to collect the japanese albums.

But this Nuclear Blast Rip Off nowadays is like a pestilence. It's not that I'm not willing to pay 34€ for a BG album (after 4,5years of waiting I saved a lot ^^) but I just dislike these huge earbooks. They may look nice but they are so unhandy.
I still prefer a simple jewel-case version above digipaks etc. But this time I would have 20% less music and an ugly cover...

ErHaO
Posts: 181
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 17:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#450 Post by ErHaO » 10 Nov 2014 10:47

Well, at least the earbook and digipacks (full versions) have the better cover. The vinyl, unfortunately, does not.

I wonder what is on the second disc of the earbook. Instrumental versions maybe? Or like ATEOT, a little bit of everything (alternate versions, intrumental versions, demo's, cover)?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests