Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Light of Eärendil

Re: Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

#1651 Post by Light of Eärendil » 19 Mar 2015 16:31

Here is side B of the 10" vinyl... Miracle Machine (Alternate Mix)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cemj6zdnzbok ... 9.wav?dl=0

blindgfan

#1652 Post by blindgfan » 19 Mar 2015 17:26

Light of Eärendil wrote:Here is side B of the 10" vinyl... Miracle Machine (Alternate Mix)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cemj6zdnzbok ... 9.wav?dl=0
I didn't find any difference.

Led Guardian

#1653 Post by Led Guardian » 24 Mar 2015 12:05

Is there anywhere in the album that Doom particularly fits in? I realized lyrically it's supposed to be kind of a coda, but playing another song after Grand Parade seems anti-climactic. Same reason I had to relocate Mies del Dolor on ANATO. Should I stick it right before Grand Parade? Or should I just treat it as a stray demo and just listen to it on shuffle?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Gandalf de Grijze

#1654 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 24 Mar 2015 12:22

It is quite anti-climatic, but putting it elsewhere on the album still makes it feel very much out of place.
I'd say treat it as a demo and listen on shuffle.
When listening the album on repeat I sometimes even skip it, it's just too much of a bonus track, an afterthought, that it doesn't seem to fit into the whole...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

warchanter

#1655 Post by warchanter » 25 Mar 2015 21:04

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:It is quite anti-climatic, but putting it elsewhere on the album still makes it feel very much out of place.
I'd say treat it as a demo and listen on shuffle.
When listening the album on repeat I sometimes even skip it, it's just too much of a bonus track, an afterthought, that it doesn't seem to fit into the whole...
I, on the other hand, think it fits perfectly, giving (me, at least) a real feel of conclusion of sorts to the concept after the somehow deluding final part of Grand Parade.
I like its roughness

Warmoth

#1656 Post by Warmoth » 26 Mar 2015 05:54

Yeah, Doom is great where it is, to me.

"Grand parade" is almost sarcastic in tone and without actual closure. "deluding" is the perfect description. Doom isn't closure either but the tone fits. Personally, I find the song depressing. Which makes sense considering all the effort put forth and nothing had changed. It sounds like a weakened Mordred making empty threats, and the Chorus/Refrain is almost patronizing him in a way, though agreeing that everything went wrong.

Side note, I really love the song. The solo is beautifully sad. 3:58-4:12 Man I wish this part was longer.

Ryu

#1657 Post by Ryu » 26 Mar 2015 06:25

Warmoth wrote:Yeah, Doom is great where it is, to me.

"Grand parade" is almost sarcastic in tone and without actual closure. "deluding" is the perfect description. Doom isn't closure either but the tone fits. Personally, I find the song depressing. Which makes sense considering all the effort put forth and nothing had changed. It sounds like a weakened Mordred making empty threats, and the Chorus/Refrain is almost patronizing him in a way, though agreeing that everything went wrong.

Side note, I really love the song. The solo is beautifully sad. 3:58-4:12 Man I wish this part was longer.
Exactly how I feel about it.
Defiant of destiny