Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Message
Author
User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#151 Post by Dragonfly » 08 Sep 2014 18:16

Okay, it's been three pages of speculations and hopes with still nothing official concerning the new album... We've made it this far and we're still alive! HOOOORAAAY!!!! Cheers everyone! :mrgreen: Blind Guardian fans are the most steadfast and resilient fans on the face of the planet! :)
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#152 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 08 Sep 2014 22:18

They are gods, and my faith is strong and unwavering!
I do not need signs to know they exist, I do not need signs to know that whatever it is they do, it will be perfect.
For they are the bards, and they will do as they please and in doing so, they will please us!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#153 Post by Dragonfly » 08 Sep 2014 22:37

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:They are gods, and my faith is strong and unwavering!
I do not need signs to know they exist, I do not need signs to know that whatever it is they do, it will be perfect.
For they are the bards, and they will do as they please and in doing so, they will please us!
Amen!

...and good night! :wink:
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#154 Post by bestpike » 10 Sep 2014 13:19

Dragonfly wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:They are gods, and my faith is strong and unwavering!
I do not need signs to know they exist, I do not need signs to know that whatever it is they do, it will be perfect.
For they are the bards, and they will do as they please and in doing so, they will please us!
Amen!

...and good night! :wink:
Either something profound happened to Gandalf or he is trolling :P. I haven't seen him that passionate (iirc) about any album release until now :D.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#155 Post by bestpike » 15 Sep 2014 21:28

Wow, if September goes out without news, it will be maybe the driest BG period ever?
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#156 Post by Dragonfly » 18 Sep 2014 14:28

bestpike wrote:Wow, if September goes out without news, it will be maybe the driest BG period ever?
Yet there is still some hope left.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#157 Post by bestpike » 18 Sep 2014 18:57

Dragonfly wrote:
bestpike wrote:Wow, if September goes out without news, it will be maybe the driest BG period ever?
Yet there is still some hope left.
The last vestige of hope lives in the hidden king
Only he troubles the dark one's mind
Only he could bring ruin to the black foe
Though the land lies down in agony and the curse lives on
A new star shall arise
And a new day shall come, again :P
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#158 Post by Dragonfly » 18 Sep 2014 19:11

bestpike wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:
bestpike wrote:Wow, if September goes out without news, it will be maybe the driest BG period ever?
Yet there is still some hope left.
The last vestige of hope lives in the hidden king
Only he troubles the dark one's mind
Only he could bring ruin to the black foe
Though the land lies down in agony and the curse lives on
A new star shall arise
And a new day shall come, again :P
And a new album shall come, again! :wink:
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#159 Post by Ryu » 23 Sep 2014 22:55

Yes, at this rate it does seem quite likely we'll go an entire 12 month period without any news.

I am so, so ready to be inundated in the news and publicity when it does start.
Defiant of destiny

User avatar
Isis65
Posts: 462
Joined: 21 May 2011 23:27
Location: Florence, south Europe
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#160 Post by Isis65 » 23 Sep 2014 23:05

Gandalf de Grijze wrote: NEXT years best album i think ;)
:roll: :roll:
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#161 Post by bestpike » 24 Sep 2014 11:54

Ryu wrote:Yes, at this rate it does seem quite likely we'll go an entire 12 month period without any news.

I am so, so ready to be inundated in the news and publicity when it does start.
Haha indeed, it's the calm before the storm. Soon the Blind Guardian bears (fans) will wake up from hibernation :P
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#162 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 24 Sep 2014 13:04

*yyyaaaaawwnnn*

someone said something about news?

no?

*returns to cave and sleep*
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

User avatar
Isis65
Posts: 462
Joined: 21 May 2011 23:27
Location: Florence, south Europe
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#163 Post by Isis65 » 25 Sep 2014 14:07

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:They are gods, and my faith is strong and unwavering!
I do not need signs to know they exist, I do not need signs to know that whatever it is they do, it will be perfect.
For they are the bards, and they will do as they please and in doing so, they will please us!

I am an atheist rationalist.
I only believe in tangible facts.
I do not believe in the existence of a new album of Blind Guardian.
And I'm beginning to doubt about the existence of Blind Guardian.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#164 Post by Traveller in Time » 25 Sep 2014 21:31

The vision's bleak
And its color is black
Far beyond
There's a starving
But dying sun
I am so close to use the contact button ;)
Btw does anybody know what happened to the documentation "Traveler's at the edge of time"?
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
Gandalf de Grijze
Posts: 13919
Joined: 16 Aug 2002 18:01
Location: Dutchielandia
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#165 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 25 Sep 2014 23:21

Isis65 wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:They are gods, and my faith is strong and unwavering!
I do not need signs to know they exist, I do not need signs to know that whatever it is they do, it will be perfect.
For they are the bards, and they will do as they please and in doing so, they will please us!

I am an atheist rationalist.
I only believe in tangible facts.
I do not believe in the existence of a new album of Blind Guardian.
And I'm beginning to doubt about the existence of Blind Guardian.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
you gotta have faith, faith, faith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#166 Post by Ryu » 26 Sep 2014 02:23

They knew that we knew there would be something wrong when they started booking shows for a year or more in to the future.

Just wish they'd been like, "OH YEAH BY THE WAY, FANBASE... THAT MAY 2014 PREDICTION? HAHAHA!"
Defiant of destiny

User avatar
Isis65
Posts: 462
Joined: 21 May 2011 23:27
Location: Florence, south Europe
Contact:

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#167 Post by Isis65 » 26 Sep 2014 19:34

Gandalf de Grijze wrote: you gotta have faith, faith, faith:
Pfui!
The faith isn't part of my life.

(neither George Michael....)
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#168 Post by Dragonfly » 27 Sep 2014 14:06

There's a strange thing I just stumbled upon... The website where tickets for the show in Gothenburg on May 29th can be bought says the following: "Den sextonde januari kommer Blind Guardians ännu obetitlade nya album, det är deras tolfte studioalbum sedan debuten ”Battalions Of Fear” som kom 1988..." (The link: https://www.biljettforum.se/direkte/?to ... 6lEkSPgBWb. You can switch the language to English). They state that the new yet untitled Blind Guardian album will be out on January 16th. :!: :!: :!:
Now the question is if it's true and how the hell did they get that information...
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#169 Post by bestpike » 27 Sep 2014 21:15

Dragonfly wrote:There's a strange thing I just stumbled upon... The website where tickets for the show in Gothenburg on May 29th can be bought says the following: "Den sextonde januari kommer Blind Guardians ännu obetitlade nya album, det är deras tolfte studioalbum sedan debuten ”Battalions Of Fear” som kom 1988..." (The link: https://www.biljettforum.se/direkte/?to ... 6lEkSPgBWb. You can switch the language to English). They state that the new yet untitled Blind Guardian album will be out on January 16th. :!: :!: :!:
Now the question is if it's true and how the hell did they get that information...
doesn't seem too far fetched, but who knows.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#170 Post by Dragonfly » 27 Sep 2014 23:52

bestpike wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:There's a strange thing I just stumbled upon... The website where tickets for the show in Gothenburg on May 29th can be bought says the following: "Den sextonde januari kommer Blind Guardians ännu obetitlade nya album, det är deras tolfte studioalbum sedan debuten ”Battalions Of Fear” som kom 1988..." (The link: https://www.biljettforum.se/direkte/?to ... 6lEkSPgBWb. You can switch the language to English). They state that the new yet untitled Blind Guardian album will be out on January 16th. :!: :!: :!:
Now the question is if it's true and how the hell did they get that information...
doesn't seem too far fetched, but who knows.
Actually it would be nice I think since I almost completely gave up hoping for a 2014 release.
It would mean less than 4 months to go which isn't that terrible.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#171 Post by Ryu » 28 Sep 2014 02:01

Dragonfly wrote:
bestpike wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:There's a strange thing I just stumbled upon... The website where tickets for the show in Gothenburg on May 29th can be bought says the following: "Den sextonde januari kommer Blind Guardians ännu obetitlade nya album, det är deras tolfte studioalbum sedan debuten ”Battalions Of Fear” som kom 1988..." (The link: https://www.biljettforum.se/direkte/?to ... 6lEkSPgBWb. You can switch the language to English). They state that the new yet untitled Blind Guardian album will be out on January 16th. :!: :!: :!:
Now the question is if it's true and how the hell did they get that information...
doesn't seem too far fetched, but who knows.
Actually it would be nice I think since I almost completely gave up hoping for a 2014 release.
It would mean less than 4 months to go which isn't that terrible.
And that a single is only a month or two away.
Defiant of destiny

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#172 Post by bard_92 » 28 Sep 2014 06:47

Yeah, it would be nice if this is the release date, but there're 3 months and a half to it and still not information...is it possible ? Except if they start publishing information immediately at the beginning of October...??? :?

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#173 Post by Ryu » 28 Sep 2014 07:14

bard_92 wrote:Yeah, it would be nice if this is the release date, but there're 3 months and a half to it and still not information...is it possible ? Except if they start publishing information immediately at the beginning of October...??? :?
That seems likely, if Marcus was right in saying they're submitting it to their publisher or whatever at the end of September

Though, "we should be done or almost entirely done by May, and that's worst-case". I haven't forgotten..
Defiant of destiny

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#174 Post by bestpike » 28 Sep 2014 11:34

Ryu wrote:
bard_92 wrote:Yeah, it would be nice if this is the release date, but there're 3 months and a half to it and still not information...is it possible ? Except if they start publishing information immediately at the beginning of October...??? :?
That seems likely, if Marcus was right in saying they're submitting it to their publisher or whatever at the end of September

Though, "we should be done or almost entirely done by May, and that's worst-case". I haven't forgotten..
I think the tour dates show that they want to finish before April, thats when the massive touring begins. Hopefully they can make it.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#175 Post by Dragonfly » 28 Sep 2014 14:49

Hopefully we'll get something within a few weeks or so...
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#176 Post by bard_92 » 28 Sep 2014 17:46

Dragonfly wrote:Hopefully we'll get something within a few weeks or so...

Yeaaah, man !!! That's exactly what my thoughts are since the last 11 months... But I still believe that the next time when I I open FB there would be some news..of course then I hope for the next day...after that for the next week...then for the other month...and that's exactly where I'm almost 1 year after the news on October 2013...

"I creep along
So desperate and tired
Let me ask you
Why?
I am what I am.."

Anyway...anyway, I still love them, just my patience not !!!

Oh, and by the way, can't wait for the moment when they would say" about the orchestral project,yeah, it might be released in 2017/18, but even in the worst case scenario, it would be published in this decade..."
Last edited by bard_92 on 29 Sep 2014 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dragonfly
Posts: 483
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 17:47
Location: Russia

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#177 Post by Dragonfly » 28 Sep 2014 20:34

bard_92 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Hopefully we'll get something within a few weeks or so...

Yeaaah, man !!! That's exactly what my thoughts are since the last 11 months... But I still believe that the next time when I I open FB there would be some news..of course then I hope for the next day...after that for the next week...then for the other month...and that's exactly where I'm almost 1 year ago after the news on October 2013...

"I creep along
So desperate and tired
Let me ask you
Why?
I am what I am.."

Anyway...anyway, I still love them, just my patience not !!!

Oh, and by the way, can't wait for the moment when they would say" about the orchestral project,yeah, it might be released in 2017/18, but even in the worst case scenario, it would be published in this decade..."
Pretty much my thoughts as well :) And these lines from Wheel Of Time fit the situation so well...
As for the orchestral project - I'm fairly sure anyway that it won't get postponed until the next millennium which is still better than nothing! :mrgreen:
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#178 Post by bard_92 » 29 Sep 2014 08:51

Dragonfly wrote:
bard_92 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:Hopefully we'll get something within a few weeks or so...

Yeaaah, man !!! That's exactly what my thoughts are since the last 11 months... But I still believe that the next time when I I open FB there would be some news..of course then I hope for the next day...after that for the next week...then for the other month...and that's exactly where I'm almost 1 year ago after the news on October 2013...

"I creep along
So desperate and tired
Let me ask you
Why?
I am what I am.."

Anyway...anyway, I still love them, just my patience not !!!

Oh, and by the way, can't wait for the moment when they would say" about the orchestral project,yeah, it might be released in 2017/18, but even in the worst case scenario, it would be published in this decade..."
Pretty much my thoughts as well :) And these lines from Wheel Of Time fit the situation so well...
As for the orchestral project - I'm fairly sure anyway that it won't get postponed until the next millennium which is still better than nothing! :mrgreen:
Yeah, absolutely agree with you about their 30th anniversary !!! Sounds promising :)
And somehow I prefer the orchestral project not to be published yet... I mean that I really would like to hear it, in my opinion it will be something rovolutional about the music as all...but sometime I just feel myself still not ready about it(this project will be something like a storm, like the Creation, like the Heaven in the music)...and I'm still thinking that right now there will be a lot of material with the regular album + the fact, that I almost needed around 3-4 years to fully understand the songs from the last album(for example Road of No Release, which is such an art, if I could say so...)so I think I can wait another 2-3 years for the orchestral one...but probably not for the next regular... :shock:


But that's what I like the most about Blind Guardian,
"They didn't release music very often..., but when did it.....

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#179 Post by sciacallo010 » 29 Sep 2014 10:28

bard_92 wrote:but even in the worst case scenario, it would be published in this decade..."
God no!
Now that you wrote this, it will be surely published not earlier than the next decade :mrgreen:

User avatar
Angus
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Dec 2010 21:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#180 Post by Angus » 30 Sep 2014 04:02

I hate to bring this up, but with the way they have slowed down so much in recent years, how much longer do you think the band itself will last? I mean, it's been 30 years this year.

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#181 Post by Ryu » 30 Sep 2014 06:24

Angus wrote:I hate to bring this up, but with the way they have slowed down so much in recent years, how much longer do you think the band itself will last? I mean, it's been 30 years this year.
I think Hansi mentioned wanting to tour at least until they were of "Iron Maiden" age. Their work on the orchestral project is likely what has slowed them down.. Marcus and Fred running off to side projects has me thinking this, too.

Once the orchestral project is released, I could see them pulling off an album every 3 years, 4 tops.

Though if the 4.5 years between albums trend continues, then maybe we'll see four or five more albums from them?

There are some ancient metallers still performing these days..
Defiant of destiny

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#182 Post by Andreas » 01 Oct 2014 12:36

I'm not an impatient person in general, but it's taking them a bit too long for my tastes. It would be a pity if the four year-rhythm they maintained since 1998, would be broken.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#183 Post by bestpike » 01 Oct 2014 13:55

Andreas wrote:I'm not an impatient person in general, but it's taking them a bit too long for my tastes. It would be a pity if the four year-rhythm they maintained since 1998, would be broken.
It would be ok if they also release the orchestral album in a couple of years from now to make it up.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#184 Post by Ryu » 01 Oct 2014 21:21

Well, they should be out of the studio now at least, seeing as another band had it on reserve for October.

Patience... patience? Or have we had enough of that..
Defiant of destiny

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#185 Post by Ryu » 02 Oct 2014 06:32

I'M BURNIN' THESE HERE FORUMS DOWN SON!
Defiant of destiny

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#186 Post by bard_92 » 02 Oct 2014 08:11

CAN'T WAAAAAIIIIIITTTTTTTT ANNYYYMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


"Will I ever hear news,
or most probably I'll fade away
Will I ever stay where
their silence will grow...

I'm condemnded, I am desperate...

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 4533
Joined: 10 Aug 2009 18:09
Location: Potsdam, Germany

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#187 Post by Andreas » 02 Oct 2014 10:08

bestpike wrote:
Andreas wrote:I'm not an impatient person in general, but it's taking them a bit too long for my tastes. It would be a pity if the four year-rhythm they maintained since 1998, would be broken.
It would be ok if they also release the orchestral album in a couple of years from now to make it up.
The only thing that would restore my belief in BG after breaking their rhythm, would be a very quick release of the orchestral project.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#188 Post by bestpike » 02 Oct 2014 16:49

Andreas wrote:
bestpike wrote:
Andreas wrote:I'm not an impatient person in general, but it's taking them a bit too long for my tastes. It would be a pity if the four year-rhythm they maintained since 1998, would be broken.
It would be ok if they also release the orchestral album in a couple of years from now to make it up.
The only thing that would restore my belief in BG after breaking their rhythm, would be a very quick release of the orchestral project.
For a long time fan it's amazing how slow the releases feel, so the current rhythm is too slow for me anyway :P.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Ryu
Posts: 354
Joined: 02 Jul 2009 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#189 Post by Ryu » 03 Oct 2014 02:48

Image

Hansi Kursch, circa 18th October, 2013, telling his fans of the upcoming Blind Guardian record.
Defiant of destiny

Traveller in Time
Posts: 1074
Joined: 02 Sep 2002 19:43

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#190 Post by Traveller in Time » 04 Oct 2014 01:41

By announcing this live appearance we also secretly announced the intended termination of our album production for the end of May. We obviously have progressed quickly, in Blind Guardian terms that is. Indeed, everything looks very promising with regards to our songwriting and our production. We have good reasons to believe that the album is going to be completely finished at that point. Let’s hope I will not be proven to be the reincarnation of good old Münchhausen again.
:mrgreen:
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#191 Post by bestpike » 04 Oct 2014 03:05

Mostly I was impressed by some of the songs, which we have not played live so far, “Noldor” and “The Curse of Feanor” in particular. I immediately decided that we have to play one or the other in 2014. So, it truly is something to look forward to. Sounds like a (false) promise, I already made some time ago, doesn’t it? :-) History repeats itself, some mean people would say, and that life is a constant “Battlefield” – which reminds me of another great song of ours…
Another nice one :D. At least he immediately states that this could be a false promise. :)
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

bard_92
Posts: 305
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 21:51

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#192 Post by bard_92 » 04 Oct 2014 06:08

:lol: :) :D

Check this one guys, made me laugh Soo Muuuch ! Listen, listen:

"Blind Guardian
20 september 2010 г. ·
Guess where we have been last Friday? In the rehearsal room? Of course not - though we probably should. We have been in Prague doing some more recordings for the orchestral album. It sounds outstanding! You may have to wait a little while until you will be able to judge it yourself but it will be worth the waiting. Promised:-)"

It's almost 2015 now and still not news :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I like them so much :D :wink:

I hope that the guys wouldn't get us wrong... I mean, I can wait...This is the band that learned me to patience !!!, but I just need news, is that too much ??? :)

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#193 Post by bestpike » 04 Oct 2014 08:53

I'm also not very happy with the on-hold status of Demons & Wizards. It's been 9 long years since the last release...
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#194 Post by sciacallo010 » 04 Oct 2014 16:55

bestpike wrote:I'm also not very happy with the on-hold status of Demons & Wizards. It's been 9 long years since the last release...
Here we can't blame only Hansi, there's also Schaffer who from the last D&W album released 4 studio albums, 1 live, 2 DVDs, 2 box sets and a collection with Iced Earth plus all the touring (and now he just underwent a surgery).

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#195 Post by bestpike » 04 Oct 2014 18:36

sciacallo010 wrote:
bestpike wrote:I'm also not very happy with the on-hold status of Demons & Wizards. It's been 9 long years since the last release...
Here we can't blame only Hansi, there's also Schaffer who from the last D&W album released 4 studio albums, 1 live, 2 DVDs, 2 box sets and a collection with Iced Earth plus all the touring (and now he just underwent a surgery).
You're probably right on this. I just wasn't expecting 9 years. The project can be probably considered dead.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Rokubota
Posts: 103
Joined: 02 Apr 2007 17:06

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#196 Post by Rokubota » 06 Oct 2014 18:39

Demons and Wizards is better dead IMO. Schaffer songwriting got really worse since then and Hansi isn't as inspired as the old days. Both are past their prime and IMO they don´t have anything new to offer.

Blind guardian

I have faith in them and their talent but I'm not expecting a truly remarkable album from them this later in their career, just another record with three or four very enjoyable songs and that's it.

sciacallo010
Posts: 184
Joined: 30 Aug 2013 17:08
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Milan, Italy

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#197 Post by sciacallo010 » 06 Oct 2014 21:01

Rokubota wrote:Demons and Wizards is better dead IMO. Schaffer songwriting got really worse since then and Hansi isn't as inspired as the old days. Both are past their prime and IMO they don´t have anything new to offer.

Blind guardian

I have faith in them and their talent but I'm not expecting a truly remarkable album from them this later in their career, just another record with three or four very enjoyable songs and that's it.
I disagree, BG's last album, to me, is totally amazing and also Iced Earth last one is a pretty good album.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#198 Post by bestpike » 07 Oct 2014 00:40

sciacallo010 wrote:
Rokubota wrote:Demons and Wizards is better dead IMO. Schaffer songwriting got really worse since then and Hansi isn't as inspired as the old days. Both are past their prime and IMO they don´t have anything new to offer.

Blind guardian

I have faith in them and their talent but I'm not expecting a truly remarkable album from them this later in their career, just another record with three or four very enjoyable songs and that's it.
I disagree, BG's last album, to me, is totally amazing and also Iced Earth last one is a pretty good album.
I mostly agree with Rokubota. It could be though that Sciacallo's post has some merit. Maybe ATEOT was slightly better than ATITM, and the new album could continue this upward trend.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

User avatar
Angus
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Dec 2010 21:17

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#199 Post by Angus » 08 Oct 2014 22:30

I'd actually say that ATEOT is significantly better than ATITM.

User avatar
bestpike
Posts: 1008
Joined: 09 Mar 2003 09:23

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#200 Post by bestpike » 08 Oct 2014 22:55

Angus wrote:I'd actually say that ATEOT is significantly better than ATITM.
You know, I mostly thought I agreed with you, however I thought about it again while writing the previous post, and I realised maybe on average it's only slightly better (or maybe even worse). As a consistent album, definitely Ateot is the stronger contender. It reminds me of the comparison between Number of the Beast and Powerslave. The former has 3 hallmark songs and the others are fillers, the other is a very strong album as a whole. It's hard to compare them. Similarly, Atitm has This will never end, Turn the Page, Fly, Another stranger me and the rest are kind of filler (of course this is only my opinion). Ateot stays at a very respectable level from start to finish, but in my opinion none of the songs reach the level of the top Atitm ones, although they come quite close. I am not really sure which one is better.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests