Blind Guardian's 10th Album, "Beyond the Red Mirror"

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
wade-newb

Re: Blind Guardian LP10

#251 Post by wade-newb » 12 Oct 2014 06:27

Rokubota wrote:I'm glad they're still alive.

Schaffer hasn't written a killer and fresh riff in decades, he is done as a songwriter IMO and there's nothing really inspired in his music anymore. ATITM had some good songs but terrible production, ATEOT had Wheel Of Time and a better production but that's it.

I want a killer album but it's very unlikely this late in their career. Those iconic songs are very hard to do. Fiddler was the last time Hansi was truly inspired IMO.

That's quite extreme pessimism. Schaffer's songwriting may let you down, but IE has been writing some really catchy, heavy stuff recently. And Schaffer moved into a new place entirely for a few years with his lyrical direction going into the realms of social awareness and the forms of oppression and real suffering we face. That's more awesome to me than the demons and palaces stuff of older metal.

And I know it's your opinion, so you aren't wrong when you say ATEOT has "only" got WOT, but I don't know how you can't recognise how much good music is there. It's an incredible album and is a sign to me the band is still capable of amazing things. They've been exploring a new direction since ATITM, but I still don't feel they've fully realised what it is yet. My feeling is that with this new album, they'll have cracked it open.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

bard_92

#252 Post by bard_92 » 12 Oct 2014 06:51

wade-newb wrote:
Rokubota wrote:

And I know it's your opinion, so you aren't wrong when you say ATEOT has "only" got WOT, but I don't know how you can't recognise how much good music is there. It's an incredible album and is a sign to me the band is still capable of amazing things. They've been exploring a new direction since ATITM, but I still don't feel they've fully realised what it is yet. My feeling is that with this new album, they'll have cracked it open.

Exactly what my opinion is ! I've been founding so many "hidden things" in ATEOT that it's still keeping my interest. And yes, in my opinion songs like WOT, SW and RONR are their highest, together with the new ATTWS(2012), but to me it tooked a lot of time to hear all of the stuff inside the songs and to realize how amazingly complex they are

And about the ATOT production...it's not just better than a ATITM, it's faaaaar awaaaay bettter and innovative !

bard_92

#253 Post by bard_92 » 12 Oct 2014 07:13

And here we can see a photo from their latest photo session :)

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mus ... eance.html

It' really cool, btw, I really like how they express the colours of "Blind Guardian"...it's like a fire :)

And I'm happy that they have chosen this font for TOTG

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/ ... -gods.html

Gandalf de Grijze

#254 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 12 Oct 2014 10:33

ATEOT to me is their best effort by far, it contains everything I love in music: epic and bombastic songs, good heavy metal, great lyrics, awesome performance, progressive elements, and maybe best of all the ability to have an old-school style without it actually being old-school due to their own innovativeness... It is what BG does best since IFTOS: being unique, bringing together elements from various points of inspiration, and joining them into their own unique and cohesive sound.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

bestpike

#255 Post by bestpike » 12 Oct 2014 10:46

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:ATEOT to me is their best effort by far, it contains everything I love in music: epic and bombastic songs, good heavy metal, great lyrics, awesome performance, progressive elements, and maybe best of all the ability to have an old-school style without it actually being old-school due to their own innovativeness... It is what BG does best since IFTOS: being unique, bringing together elements from various points of inspiration, and joining them into their own unique and cohesive sound.
ATEOT is certainly a very good album. However, if you notice, this album has no new direction behind it. In all the previous albums, you can clearly see an overarching objective of progression behind the creation of it. ATEOT was like "ah, we mix the old with the new!". I see ATEOT as the first by-the-numbers album of Blind Guardian (and I think the next one will be to a similar note, because we haven't heard anything from BG about that). It is certainly very good, however its quality comes a bit more from hard work rather than sheer inspiration, like the previous ones. I'm not saying this is bad, just that probably very soon they will start repeating themselves.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

sciacallo010

#256 Post by sciacallo010 » 12 Oct 2014 16:51

If you are are tired of the usuals Machado artworks you maybe could sign this petition I just made :D

https://www.change.org/p/blind-guardian ... k-designer
It would be great if you'd share it with anyone you think could be interested in signing.

Maybe it will be useless, but I think that's it's worth a try

EDIT: I've been criticised on another place for this petition so I'd like to add something and to hear your opinions.
I hope you'll all agree that everyone is free to say "oh, Machado again, I'm sick of that guy and it would be nice if they'll choose someone else's works in the future" (as I did); I think that this is very similar to say "Hi *Blind Guardian member* (or Blind Guardian in general), you know, me and some other fans don't like much Machado's works and feel they are inadequate to you amazing music; may you consider using someone else's work in the future?"
I think it's polite to ask this and in this way; I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, if they are ok with Machado they will just ignore the thing and go on as they like and that's all.

I've been told that it's unpolite to ask something like this, that artists shouldn't care of fans and do anything they want and stuff like that.
I think that ask to just consider something different in the future (and we are talking of someone else's work, the artwork, of course asking them to write a Black Metal album would be non-sense and unpolite (asking them to take a different artistic direction, obviously this is an exaggeration)).

What do you think? Am I out of my mind or does it make at least a little sense to demand something like this?

As a side note, if it matters something, I just would like to add that the Bards have been my favorite band for a long time, I have a quite big collection of their stuff (always growing) and exactly a month ago I travelled to another country just to see them (just to remark how much I love them and that I would never do something to try to force them to do something they don't want, not that I would ever have such power :mrgreen: )

Perse

#257 Post by Perse » 12 Oct 2014 19:04

I really hope they don't listen to this, even if it is signed by thousands of people (no offense intended). Not because I like Machado's art (It's ok, there's far worse stuff out there), but because music will become very, very boring if musicians start to do what their fans want instead of focussing on their own taste and ideas. I want the album as the band intended it. I'm free to dislike it and the band has to deal with it (not a problem for them I guess) and if I like the music I have to deal with the bad (?) artwork (no problem for me, too).

sciacallo010

#258 Post by sciacallo010 » 12 Oct 2014 19:32

Perse wrote:It's ok, there's far worse stuff out there
I agree, as I wrote before I quite like it, just from the Bards I'd like something more than ok, more then a thing that is very similar to the ones of many other bands, more then a thing so "common", I'd like something extraordinary.
Just like their music.
Perse wrote:music will become very, very boring if musicians start to do what their fans want instead of focussing on their own taste and ideas.
I totally agree with that, but to me the artwork is a different thing: it's part of the "full album experience" as I wrote in the petition (I wouldn't know how to say it better) but it's not the focus of the album; it complete the album in a way (when it's well done) but it's marginal to it.
Perfection, masterpiece are words that come to my mind when I think of an album like Nightfall in Middle Earth (in my opinion) perfect in every single part, from the artwork to the last spoken interlude.

Unfortunately I feel a little bit of the magic is lost with Machado artworks.

By the way, I think that lately they just ask Machado to make them an artwork an that's all; maybe they reject a first one and he makes them another one but that's all.
What I hope is that, if enough people sign the petition they just look around a bit to see if there's anyone else that can do something they could like.
I mean, I don't want them to say "ok, our fans don't like Machado, let's find someone else", but I'd like them to maybe ask more artists to make them an artwork and then to choose the one they think it would fit better.
I want their choice to be the one and only, but at the same time I'd like them to consider a bit also what a lot of fans thinks (obviously I'm talking of the situation where there are lots of signs); after all they are where they are thanks to their fans (and with that I don't mean in any way that they should do what their fans want)

bestpike

#259 Post by bestpike » 12 Oct 2014 19:59

I actually agree with Perse, 100%, even for the artwork. What does the artwork matter anyway? If they like it, let them do what they want. But I agree that Machado's work looks generic. So basically what I'm saying is, if 4 guys accept to put that generic stuff on their unique hard work, who are we to say otherwise? It's a concious decision made by four (or more) different individuals.
Forever to be free

wade-newb

#260 Post by wade-newb » 12 Oct 2014 20:30

I'd hate to be the dissenting voice here, but the decision is likely not theirs. I'd think Nuclear Blast loves Machado for his work's intense marketability. Maybe if BG made a blatant "retro-BG" album like Hammerfall's (r)Evolution, then Nuclear Blast would agree with going "back in time" to Marschall, but otherwise they just stick Machado on pretty much all of their bands.

sciacallo010

#261 Post by sciacallo010 » 12 Oct 2014 20:42

wade-newb wrote:I'd hate to be the dissenting voice here, but the decision is likely not theirs. I'd think Nuclear Blast loves Machado for his work's intense marketability. Maybe if BG made a blatant "retro-BG" album like Hammerfall's (r)Evolution, then Nuclear Blast would agree with going "back in time" to Marschall, but otherwise they just stick Machado on pretty much all of their bands.
So the decision is mostly in Nuclear Blast's hands (I guess BG still have a little power over the final decision)?
In that case the argument should be over, I'd just need to change the destination of the petition from Blind Guardian to Nuclear Blast :D

Can I ask you how do you know that thing?
I guess some interview or stuff like that, am I right?

Perse

#262 Post by Perse » 12 Oct 2014 21:10

Well, the label is propably involved in a lot of things during the production, since they are the ones with the money. But I don't think they just search for an artist and the band has to deal with it. What I can imagine is that they announce a budget for the artwork and the band chooses whoever they want to, as long as he or she fits the budget. Since we live in the times of Itunes and other download stores the artwork is not as important as it used to be, I remember Hansi saying this explicitly in an interview, I just can't find it right now. So maybe they get less budget for the artwork, because it isn't a big factor anymore.
This could be one explanation why they are sticking with Machado. As I said before, his work is not bad. It does not compare to the paintings of Marshall, Riggs, Wåhlin etc but it is pretty solid. And I think Machado does not take as long as the aforementioned to create a cover and is therefore cheaper. So by choosing Machado you get an appealing, well-crafted, but not very original, artwork for a nice price.
But this is just my interpretation and speculation, if someone knows more about this please correct me.

I still agree with bestpike. I buy Blind Guardian albums because I want to see and hear their vision and idea of great art, with the risk that I might not like it. During the times when I want to hear my own vision I make my own music.

bestpike

#263 Post by bestpike » 12 Oct 2014 21:46

I can buy the label imposing the cover, although I don't see how it can affect sales that much. If it did, then why not spend A LOT of money to get the absolute best/most marketable cover ever? Fans probably don't care about it either. At least for me, yes I look at the artwork for a brief time mainly when I buy the album, and sometimes it comes to my mind for a second when I listen to the songs, but it's just a superficiality. The songs stand or fall on their own merit. Now if the cover was just hand-drawn penises, it could hurt taking the work seriously, but as long as you a passable cover, it shouldn't play a role at all.

Besides, they're not going to listen (and rightfully, as previously mentioned) to this petition anyway. They did not even re-release ATEOT with a beep-free Curse my name, which was an actual significant flaw in the music itself (and to my eyes seriously hurt the perfectionist view that I always had of BG, they just didn't seem to care about it very much).
Forever to be free

bestpike

#264 Post by bestpike » 13 Oct 2014 15:41

Could it be that Machado is a good choice because he can dish out covers fast so there is minimal delay on the release?
Forever to be free

Dragonfly

#265 Post by Dragonfly » 13 Oct 2014 15:53

And imagine that all this is just a huge joke. Sort of. Then guess I know what's gonna happen when you buy the single, that very CD digipack version, or a vinyl, doesn't really matter. So there you are, running home, happy as fuck: "New song!!! I've been waiting for this for four freaking years!" And then you get home, put the CD into your player and hear... "Last Christmas I gave you my heart..." :shock: :roll: :o
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

bard_92

#266 Post by bard_92 » 13 Oct 2014 16:06

Dragonfly wrote:And imagine that all this is just a huge joke. Sort of. Then guess I know what's gonna happen when you buy the single, that very CD digipack version, or a vinyl, doesn't really matter. So there you are, running home, happy as fuck: "New song!!! I've been waiting for this for four freaking years!" And then you get home, put the CD into your player and hear... "Last Christmas I gave you my heart..." :shock: :roll: :o
...And imagine what after that...I would just go to their studio in Krefield...and listen to all the recorded audios for the new album by my own, even if I have to use power... :P
Last edited by bard_92 on 13 Oct 2014 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

sciacallo010

#267 Post by sciacallo010 » 13 Oct 2014 17:00

Dragonfly wrote:And imagine that all this is just a huge joke. Sort of. Then guess I know what's gonna happen when you buy the single, that very CD digipack version, or a vinyl, doesn't really matter. So there you are, running home, happy as fuck: "New song!!! I've been waiting for this for four freaking years!" And then you get home, put the CD into your player and hear... "Last Christmas I gave you my heart..." :shock: :roll: :o
This could cause terrible riots all around the world starting a new era of decay for humanity :lol:

bard_92

#268 Post by bard_92 » 13 Oct 2014 18:10

sciacallo010 wrote:
This could cause terrible riots all around the world starting a new era of decay for humanity :lol:

Yes, it would be a terrible joke... :shock:

Darth Arrow

#269 Post by Darth Arrow » 13 Oct 2014 22:24

Rokubota wrote:I'm glad they're still alive.

Schaffer hasn't written a killer and fresh riff in decades, he is done as a songwriter IMO and there's nothing really inspired in his music anymore. ATITM had some good songs but terrible production, ATEOT had Wheel Of Time and a better production but that's it.

I want a killer album but it's very unlikely this late in their career. Those iconic songs are very hard to do. Fiddler was the last time Hansi was truly inspired IMO.
I have to strongly disagree with you on this. I do feel that apart from the Gettysburg trilogy and a few songs from the Something Wicked albums, most of IE's material was quite mediocre between Horror Show and Dystopia. But Dystopia on the other hand is IMO by far IE's best album since Something Wicked This Way Comes and it almost ranks as high as Night of the Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, The Dark Saga and SWTWC in my books. Dystopia is refreshingly different, but also it ties in nicely with the themes introduced in Something Wicked storylines, even though in Something Wicked the point-of-view to this dystopian imaginary (or whatever I shall call it, I hope you get what I'm trying to say here :)) was quite fantasy-based, whereas Dystopia looks at similar themes from more scifi-like and realistic viewpoints. As much as I love Matt Barlows voice (I had the honour to hear the second-to-last gig with him as IE's vocalist), I clearly see that the restrictions which Barlows return imposed on the band would've just slowly strangled the whole band. In retrospective it would've been better to let Ripper handle the worst IE album ever, The Crucible of Man, and then skip straight to Block as a vocalist. For some reason I've had The Plagues of Babylon in my shelf for over six months now but I've still not listened to it once. I don't actually know why, but thus I can't offer any opinion on it.

But as this forum is about BG and not IE, I have to say that I similarly rank AtEoT as BG's fourth best album, and in my opinion it's only surpassed by IftOS, NiME and ANatO. Actually I recognize the same thing bestpike already said: AtEoT is really strong as a complete album, and it means both that there are absolutely no bad, no mediocre or even no "just-goodish" songs on the album, but somehow I also feel that it misses the absolute killers and highpoints, which are present in most BG albums. The exception being, apart from AtEoT, IftOS which is just packed with such terrific songs from first to last, that none of them outshine each other. That is also why AtEoT does not rank in my personal top-3 of BG albums, the albums is very strong indeed, but it's not quite enough to lift it to the paramount heights of IftOS.

Still it's a huge improvent when compared to ATitM, which, I have to confess, was a bit of a disapointment to me. ATitM is in no way a bad album (it's not possible for a BG album to be "bad", that would be blasphemous :evil:) but for me it ranks to the bottom of the scale together with BoF and FtB, and I consider it "just" a good album. It does contain some very good tracks and actually, as it is propably the record I listen to the least from all BG albums, every time I decide to give it a spin, I'm actually suprised how good the album actually is. It's just that after the three miracles of IftOS, NiME and ANatO, ATitM was a bit of a letdown and thus that slight disapointment still shadows my opinion on the poor album still :( I'm being unfair towards ATitM! :cry: Therefore, as ATitM was a bit of a letdown and AtEoT came as a pleasent surprise to me, I once again have high hopes for the upcoming album. And thusfar nothing has given me reason to doubt that the band wouldn't be able to rival AtEoT in quality of the songs.

As to the discussion about Machados artworks, I too do hope that the band would consider using a different artist in the future. His artworks are nice, but as others have said, they have this mass-produced vibe on them. In my opinion, even if someone would describe his artworks as "easily marketable", I'd actually argue that nowadays he is so overused that all his works just blend into this indistinguishable mess of endless covers. No cover and no band stand apart from each other and the consumer would never be able to guess which artists album cover he or she would be looking at if there wasn't a logo printed on top of the artwork. How can you successfully market a product, if all the products you're trying to sell look exactly the same? I still have my doubts about the petition though. I'm thinking it's propably not the best way to try to influence the band. Maybe we could insted try it the postive way, let's say get everybody to buy a few more shirts and flags with Marschalls artwork on them and press the merchandise-retailers to reprint old shirts? :lol: And then during the upcoming tour everybody in the audience would be wearing a shirt with Marschalls artwork instead of the newer ones! :lol:

sciacallo010

#270 Post by sciacallo010 » 14 Oct 2014 00:56

Darth Arrow wrote:Maybe we could insted try it the postive way, let's say get everybody to buy a few more shirts and flags with Marschalls artwork on them and press the merchandise-retailers to reprint old shirts? :lol: And then during the upcoming tour everybody in the audience would be wearing a shirt with Marschalls artwork instead of the newer ones! :lol:
That would be nice, maybe just not the easiest thing to organise :lol:
I surely will, though

Ryu

#271 Post by Ryu » 14 Oct 2014 04:16

Be on the lookout for a sample of this single in the coming weeks, on sites such as Amazon or Nuclear Blast. These things tend to slip through the cracks before officially being announced.
Defiant of destiny

bard_92

#272 Post by bard_92 » 14 Oct 2014 11:10

Today I had a dream that there will be 13 songs on the new album and that TOTG is from the fast ones :) Hope it's a prophecie, especially for the number of songs :D

Mafarfloune

#273 Post by Mafarfloune » 14 Oct 2014 15:09

That's rather unlikely, seeing as there's never been a BG release with more than 11 tracks on it (NIME's interludes obviously don't count, same for bonus tracks).

loren

#274 Post by loren » 14 Oct 2014 16:27

I think it's very likely that the album (as a whole), as well as the older b-sides (they decided to finish with these sessions), are still not 100% ready. If they were, I believe we would have more than just 1 song on the single (which I assume was decided during the production to be one of the first songs to be fully finalised). For those who read the updates from Hansi, it's a fact that the songs were not all at the same production stage with each other. So at some point, there were 1-2 songs already recorded and some others were not even fully written yet. So I believe it's very likely some of the songs are still at the editing/mixing/mastering process and that's why we haven't been given titles or anything for the album. It all needs to reach a certain level of completion to be confident enough to announce it.

The thing is, Charlie Bauerfiend (their producer) is now working on the new Helloween album (that's what we knew).
So question is, who is finalising Charlie's work back at the twilight hall studio?? Maybe a collaborator of his own, is following the already-done work (sticking to what Charlie has done so far).

The other scenario suggests that BG decided to go oldschool on the whole "giving information about something on the works" tendency that most bands follow for some 5-6 years now. In the past we only got to know that a band would release an album on some month and that was it. Maybe that's the case with BG at the moment! Who knows???
https://www.facebook.com/uncertaingreece
http://www.reverbnation.com/uncertain4
One of my bands. Death/progressive metal from Athens, Greece!

Darth Arrow

#275 Post by Darth Arrow » 15 Oct 2014 11:22

The recordings, mixing and mastering need to be finished at this point. They wouldn't be able to release the album in january otherwise, I believe. Plus didn't Marcus say in that interview that the deadline for turning in the finished album was at the end of september? They need time to press the cd's and vinyls, to print the covers, promote the album and distribute it around the world, so they have to be finished by now. Right?

B-sides might not be ready yet. If were gonna get a second single like with ATitM, they'll have more time to work on those. I guess the reason we only get one new song for the first single was that the whole album was not yet ready by the time they had to had the single ready, so they didn't have the time to record anything else for the single as they had to rush to finish the album in time. This is just pure speculation, of course.

bestpike

#276 Post by bestpike » 15 Oct 2014 11:32

Darth Arrow wrote:The recordings, mixing and mastering need to be finished at this point. They wouldn't be able to release the album in january otherwise, I believe. Plus didn't Marcus say in that interview that the deadline for turning in the finished album was at the end of september? They need time to press the cd's and vinyls, to print the covers, promote the album and distribute it around the world, so they have to be finished by now. Right?

B-sides might not be ready yet. If were gonna get a second single like with ATitM, they'll have more time to work on those. I guess the reason we only get one new song for the first single was that the whole album was not yet ready by the time they had to had the single ready, so they didn't have the time to record anything else for the single as they had to rush to finish the album in time. This is just pure speculation, of course.
Well, if that's true, then where is the album title, track list, durations etc?
Forever to be free

wade-newb

#277 Post by wade-newb » 15 Oct 2014 11:41

bestpike wrote:
Darth Arrow wrote:The recordings, mixing and mastering need to be finished at this point. They wouldn't be able to release the album in january otherwise, I believe. Plus didn't Marcus say in that interview that the deadline for turning in the finished album was at the end of september? They need time to press the cd's and vinyls, to print the covers, promote the album and distribute it around the world, so they have to be finished by now. Right?

Judging by this, they are obviously confirming our suspicions that they just want to remain quiet this time around? But still then I am confused. Would it not benefit them to promote the album using more information? I'm sure it won't be too long until they start giving us some more.

sciacallo010

#278 Post by sciacallo010 » 15 Oct 2014 14:43

bestpike wrote:

I agree with Darth Arrow and think (and hope) that they'll release a statement with some news soon.
Another possibility could be they (or the label) want to create some hype on a release people knows nothing about but the release date; this would surely work for a new Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden album, but who knows, maybe it could work for Blind Guardian as well... :)

By the way I think that's more likely that they are just a bit late with those important news and will soon tell us something.

Dragonfly

#279 Post by Dragonfly » 15 Oct 2014 15:33

And another possibility is that they just can't agree upon the album's title. Remember how difficult it was with At The Edge Of Time? So if they still haven't come up with the name for the whole thing then what's the point of giving away the song titles?
I'm pretty sure all the songs are done, especially older B-sides. Remember Hansi saying that they were completely recorded along with "Prophecies" and "Encrypted Time" back in October 2013?

bestpike

#280 Post by bestpike » 16 Oct 2014 06:31

Dragonfly wrote:And another possibility is that they just can't agree upon the album's title. Remember how difficult it was with At The Edge Of Time? So if they still haven't come up with the name for the whole thing then what's the point of giving away the song titles?
I'm pretty sure all the songs are done, especially older B-sides. Remember Hansi saying that they were completely recorded along with "Prophecies" and "Encrypted Time" back in October 2013?
I think they certainly are debating the title until the end, but probably not at the expense of the release date. So this could be true, but there must be at least one other reason for the lack of info.
Forever to be free

Ryu

#281 Post by Ryu » 16 Oct 2014 07:28

I wonder what inspired "At the Edge of Time" 's title, anyway. It's a line from And The Story Ends and mentions time (BG staple) and an Edge, which of course is another BG reference, but it really ties in to nothing on the album.

A Twist in the Myth could be referring to Thomen's departure and the shift in style... the rest of the albums are self-explanatory in their title's origins.

Hopefully, this title ties in to the album in some meaningful way.
Defiant of destiny

wade-newb

#282 Post by wade-newb » 16 Oct 2014 07:55

I think the point of At The Edge Of Time's title is just the element of bombast and epic tales. The whole album is themed lyrically mostly around epic fantasy literature and a fantasy video game. So it ties it all up with a generically awesome theme of when time ends.

A Twist in the Myth, I recall Hansi saying in an interview, was originally called A Twist in the Tale, which is why the album cover has a dragon with a twisted tale. That indeed does sound as though it could be about the band's drastic change in their lineup, and their overall history. But I think it was also about the modernisation and alteration of old stories: Turn The Page about pagan witches, Fly about Peter Pan, Lionheart about Ulysses. It does have a lot of myth and tales in the lyrical content.

So far it seems as though their next album will also be about an assortment of fantasy themes, like ATEOT, so we might expect another thematic title that doesn't have anything specific to do with any of the songs, since they won't be connected.

Darth Arrow

#283 Post by Darth Arrow » 16 Oct 2014 08:57

Maybe the title will be "Leave *something* Behind"? :lol:

Leave any information behind? Leave the fans behind? Leave everybody in the dark & behind? Leaving y'all behind?

Pick your favourite!

wade-newb

#284 Post by wade-newb » 16 Oct 2014 09:58

Darth Arrow wrote:Maybe the title will be "Leave *something* Behind"? :lol:

Leave any information behind? Leave the fans behind? Leave everybody in the dark & behind? Leaving y'all behind?

Pick your favourite!
I was actually thinking about this yesterday xD I will be disappointed if there isn't a "leave something behind" line in at least one of the new songs.

bestpike

#285 Post by bestpike » 16 Oct 2014 10:35

Somewhere far behind :p
Forever to be free

Gandalf de Grijze

#286 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 16 Oct 2014 11:34

leaving the leaves behind your behind....
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Traveller in Time

#287 Post by Traveller in Time » 17 Oct 2014 23:22

bestpike wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:And another possibility is that they just can't agree upon the album's title. Remember how difficult it was with At The Edge Of Time? So if they still haven't come up with the name for the whole thing then what's the point of giving away the song titles?
I think they certainly are debating the title until the end, but probably not at the expense of the release date. So this could be true, but there must be at least one other reason for the lack of info.
Amother possibility could be a full cover story about their new album on a popular metal magazine like Metal Hammer or Rock Hard, where they exclusevily reveal the tracklist etc.
I guess we get more infos when the single will be out.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragonfly

#288 Post by Dragonfly » 17 Oct 2014 23:54

Traveller in Time wrote:
bestpike wrote:
Amother possibility could be a full cover story about their new album on a popular metal magazine like Metal Hammer or Rock Hard, where they exclusevily reveal the tracklist etc.
I guess we get more infos when the single will be out.
You mean that we'll probably have to wait until December? That would be painful :(

Angus

#289 Post by Angus » 18 Oct 2014 04:24

I wonder whether or not the album is going to be called TotG.

Traveller in Time

#290 Post by Traveller in Time » 18 Oct 2014 14:08

Dragonfly wrote: You mean that we'll probably have to wait until December? That would be painful :(
Just an opinion, i have no inside knowledge. it's just a feeling.
If there is a cover story i would guess something coming up in november/december, later wouldn't be in time for a january release in my eyes

First listening session of ATEOT was on 22nd of May (release was on 30th of july), so you can say 2 month before the release date.

So if the album will be released on 30th of january 2015 (which seems to be the exact date, reffering to the french BG fan site, which seems to have a reliable insider source), then listening session for press could be at the end of november and then we should get our news ;)
Last edited by Traveller in Time on 18 Oct 2014 14:23, edited 2 times in total.

Dragonfly

#291 Post by Dragonfly » 18 Oct 2014 14:17

I also wonder if there is a chance for the orchestral album to be out in 2016... I dare not hope for 2015 :) :(

Traveller in Time

#292 Post by Traveller in Time » 18 Oct 2014 14:22

Dragonfly wrote:I also wonder if there is a chance for the orchestral album to be out in 2016... I dare not hope for 2015 :) :(
since there is no more word about it from the band (which always seems to be a bad sign, remember the Nightfall Ep, which never came, or the Traveller's of the edge of time movie etc.) and due to massiv touring activities in 2015/2016, my personal guess is (late) 2016 as well.... :(

bestpike

#293 Post by bestpike » 18 Oct 2014 20:49

Traveller in Time wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:I also wonder if there is a chance for the orchestral album to be out in 2016... I dare not hope for 2015 :) :(
since there is no more word about it from the band (which always seems to be a bad sign, remember the Nightfall Ep, which never came, or the Traveller's of the edge of time movie etc.) and due to massiv touring activities in 2015/2016, my personal guess is (late) 2016 as well.... :(
That movie must have sucked badly :p just one screening and then gone to the ether. But yeah the orchestral project is still very uncertain.
Forever to be free

Traveller in Time

#294 Post by Traveller in Time » 18 Oct 2014 20:55

bestpike wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:
That movie must have sucked badly :p just one screening and then gone to the ether. But yeah the orchestral project is still very uncertain.
Is there any proof that it was shown ever? I mean even at this "movies festival" in USA back then?

Blackened

#295 Post by Blackened » 19 Oct 2014 12:13

Traveller in Time wrote:
Dragonfly wrote: You mean that we'll probably have to wait until December? That would be painful :(
If there is a cover story i would guess something coming up in november/december, later wouldn't be in time for a january release in my eyes

First listening session of ATEOT was on 22nd of May (release was on 30th of july), so you can say 2 month before the release date.

So if the album will be released on 30th of january 2015 (which seems to be the exact date, reffering to the french BG fan site, which seems to have a reliable insider source), then listening session for press could be at the end of november and then we should get our news ;)
There will be an exclusive studio report in the next issue of German Rock Hard magazine out next Wednesday :D

bard_92

#296 Post by bard_92 » 19 Oct 2014 13:00

Blackened wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:

There will be an exclusive studio report in the next issue of German Rock Hard magazine out next Wednesday :D
Which Wednesday, 22 October ????

bestpike

#297 Post by bestpike » 19 Oct 2014 13:01

Traveller in Time wrote: Is there any proof that it was shown ever? I mean even at this "movies festival" in USA back then?
Well, noone posted their experience in the forums here so no clue :).
Forever to be free

Blackened

#298 Post by Blackened » 19 Oct 2014 13:32

Yes, Wednesday 22nd!
Subcribers usually even get it a bit earlier...we'll see.

bard_92

#299 Post by bard_92 » 19 Oct 2014 13:44

Blackened wrote:Yes, Wednesday 22nd!
Subcribers usually even get it a bit earlier...we'll see.

Thank you. If the interview is in German, is it possible to translate us the most important things, when you have the news???? Thank you in addition :))))

wade-newb

#300 Post by wade-newb » 19 Oct 2014 14:37

It's happening!! It's nearing!!!