New years address 2013

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
bestpike

New years address 2013

#1 Post by bestpike » 25 Jan 2013 21:03

Well, we finally got an update. A bit late, but I think we got rewarded by its size :P. Anyway, I read it, and it was not very exciting for some reason. Probably because it just means we have to wait 1.5 year at least, and maybe that's why there aren't any posts about it yet. I was hoping for a new live release after the touring ended, but I guess it wasn't in the plans. At least there is this collection coming out, I guess its something.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Nahar

Re: New years address 2013

#2 Post by Nahar » 26 Jan 2013 00:44

Ho! An update!
I actually find it very exciting!
Of course the wait will be long, but haven't we learned patience already?
It's not like anyone can expect less than 4 years between BG studio albums for the last 15 years or so...
I think I found it exciting mainly because Hansi seemed excited and surprised about stuff.
Another thing which I always liked was a glimpse into the work process - technical and ideological.
Both may sound dishonest at times, but I was pretty convinced here for some reason.

Another live album?..
Way to early imho.
I just checked and found that it's been ten years since Live, but only 2 new albums since...
Also we have these two new collections now. I missed real news!

I think the next live album should be a DVD of a concert with the orchestra and probably behind the scenes of the project.
"As darkness came it brought along silence.
Yet silence also bears madness.
Silence surrounds me - a deathly silence"...

Gandalf de Grijze

#3 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 26 Jan 2013 02:36

i agree it is waaay too early for a new live album/dvd... and I think the news was pretty interesting, eventhough some of the stuff has been adressed in german interviews already, but those were german, an dthis is english!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

LeBard

#4 Post by LeBard » 26 Jan 2013 03:03

Out of those tracks “Prophecies” is the one which is developed the most. It is almost straight forward, has a very strong pre and main chorus and offers some “Queensrÿchish” prog (this time I do mean Queensrÿche when I say prog) elements in combination with some Blind Guardian fantasy metal. A nice one.