24 Months

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
T3hOverlord

24 Months

#1 Post by T3hOverlord » 11 Jul 2012 19:35

Well guys, I guess the 24 months starts now, this will certainly be a very long 24 months. Though at the end of it, Blind Guardian will come back with a BOOOOMMMMM, a new regular studio album, always welcome, or the fabled orchestral project. Either way, they are gonna come back with playing new songs, like Feanor and/or Noldor. And of course, we can always hope for Battlefield. I have a feeling that the quality of the shows and music coming out in 2014/2015 will be the best they have to offer, almost like the surge of power a dying star has before fading away. Let us not forget the new Demons & Wizards album that will most likely be recorded during these 24 months, as both John and Hansi finally have the time to sit down together and get some shit done.

Let us bear this unbearable wait together

gergor

Re: 24 Months

#2 Post by gergor » 11 Jul 2012 20:32

I really regret now that I haven't seen BG on a single 2012 show... Damn!
I thought 3 shows of the tour were enough, but obviously, they're not...

Well, a question that came to my mind after this announcement: Am I the only one, who rather lost interest in the orchestral project?
Or are others out there who'd prefer a regular studio album by far?

wade-newb

#3 Post by wade-newb » 12 Jul 2012 11:42

I've actually gotten more and more excited for the orchestral project as time's gone on.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

T3hOverlord

#4 Post by T3hOverlord » 12 Jul 2012 18:44

I would personally prefer a regular studio album first, while they are still youngish and capable of putting out true quality. In any case, I hope the next studio album and the orchestral album come out, like, less than a year apart from each other. In any case, I think we could almost call it the final Blind Guardian album, or maybe second last

ErHaO

#5 Post by ErHaO » 13 Jul 2012 02:13

24 months!!!! :cry: Quite a shock for me actually :(

I should have gone to their show in Belgium (I live in the Netherlands), because it will be at least a four year gap since their last concert at 013 in Tilburg...

But at least they will focus on two new albums in the coming time, so who knows how that will turn out. I am really curious about the Orchestral album, but really don't know what to expect from it.

In the mean time, I hope they will release some additional live performances and maybe a Wacken DVD, as some kind of alternative to actually see them live :)

wade-newb

#6 Post by wade-newb » 13 Jul 2012 10:39

T3hOverlord wrote:I would personally prefer a regular studio album first, while they are still youngish and capable of putting out true quality. In any case, I hope the next studio album and the orchestral album come out, like, less than a year apart from each other. In any case, I think we could almost call it the final Blind Guardian album, or maybe second last
As long as their style adapts to their age, I don't see how they could ever make music of poor quality. If they're 60, and trying to recreate their thrash and speed metal days, I can't see it happening very well, but it could allow for them to redefine genres once more. Adaptation is an important aspect of always being able to produce art.

Gandalf de Grijze

#7 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 13 Jul 2012 12:37

T3hOverlord wrote:I would personally prefer a regular studio album first, while they are still youngish and capable of putting out true quality. In any case, I hope the next studio album and the orchestral album come out, like, less than a year apart from each other. In any case, I think we could almost call it the final Blind Guardian album, or maybe second last
I don't seem them quitting, not unless they actually stop enjoying it. There are a whole lot of bands that are older and still going strong, BG will get older and also keep going strong, just like the others...
ErHaO wrote:I should have gone to their show in Belgium (I live in the Netherlands), because it will be at least a four year gap since their last concert at 013 in Tilburg...
Same here, and the show was actually a few days before my b-day...
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

bard_92

#8 Post by bard_92 » 13 Jul 2012 14:56

What did you just say...:? In MOATTC Hansi promises 5 more albums. Even if this number is with the orchestral project included, we still have 3 more.. ok, maybe 2, but how could you say last :X :)

T3hOverlord

#9 Post by T3hOverlord » 13 Jul 2012 18:10

hahaha now I'm envisioning a 60 year old Hansi singing Run for the Night, it would probably be pretty badass

Edit: 5 more albums? awesome. but 5 * 4 = 20, so that means Hansi promises to finish when hes a senior citizen, I dont know how well his voice will be by then, as well, Andre will be about 70, I dont know what kind of solos a 70 year old could rip out hahha, we'll see in due time

wade-newb

#10 Post by wade-newb » 13 Jul 2012 19:30

T3hOverlord wrote:hahaha now I'm envisioning a 60 year old Hansi singing Run for the Night, it would probably be pretty badass
Awwww hahaha, that image is too cool for my very mortal brain to understand, so now it's being processed as cute.

Thoreg

#11 Post by Thoreg » 14 Jul 2012 16:27

wade-newb wrote:
T3hOverlord wrote:hahaha now I'm envisioning a 60 year old Hansi singing Run for the Night, it would probably be pretty badass
Awwww hahaha, that image is too cool for my very mortal brain to understand, so now it's being processed as cute.
Hansi will be the Mick Jagger of Metal :mrgreen:
So many centuries
So many Gods
We were the prisoners
Of our own fantasy

Led Guardian

#12 Post by Led Guardian » 15 Jul 2012 04:20

Thoreg wrote:
wade-newb wrote:
Hansi will be the Mick Jagger of Metal :mrgreen:
Rumored to have slept with 4000 women? And probably a lot of men too? :P
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

T3hOverlord

#13 Post by T3hOverlord » 15 Jul 2012 08:54

Didnt Mick Jager molest his friends underage daughter or something? I remember seeing that on Opera . . .

EDIT: his friend was from The Mamas And The Papas

Led Guardian

#14 Post by Led Guardian » 17 Jul 2012 03:55

T3hOverlord wrote:Didnt Mick Jager molest his friends underage daughter or something? I remember seeing that on Opera . . .

EDIT: his friend was from The Mamas And The Papas
A quick search didn't turn anything up and will remain a permanent blemish on my Google search record.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

T3hOverlord

#15 Post by T3hOverlord » 17 Jul 2012 18:31

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... llips.html

nevermind, he got her at 18, but her dad raped her. Apparently Mick said something like "I've been waiting for this day for years . . ."

brazilian_bard

#16 Post by brazilian_bard » 01 Aug 2012 16:25

I must confess this break got me a little upset.
Just now that I was planning to use my vacation on october to go after them anyplace...
Shit!
Nothing else to do, but wait. I'm sure this wait will be rewarded.
And I really don't believe they plan to quit soon.