Orchestral stuff

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
bard_92

Orchestral stuff

#1 Post by bard_92 » 07 May 2012 14:44

Hey, guys,
In the last few months I'm so excited that sometimes I even wake up thinking about the orchestral project. I know that there is a l lot of time till it's release, but after so much listenings of Wheel Of Time and Sacred Worlds(especially WOT) I'm really excited about what it would be. I have to say that I have listened to a lot of groups since a lot of time, but there is really no song that can come close to WOT(SW and ATTWS are really close, of course). Maybe this is the moment to say how awesome work had BG made.Anyway, maybe ATTWS is the greatest BG song, but in WOT the melody speaks by itselfs, even if there are no vocals. It's probably the biggest piece of art I have ever heard ! I know that my post is stupid, but I just wanted to say this to someone ;)

After all, I really think that ATTWS really needs a real orchestral treatment(but they could keep the vocals of 2012 version), Maybe it will be possible as a bonus track for the orchestral project. I'm probably not the one who can say something to the band...I'm just a fan, but I really think that it would be a shame if they never release this song with a real orchestra.Also, there can be something like Mirror Mirror orchestral, some songs from ANATO like Under the Ice, Punishment Divine(the could keep the vocals too) and so on, as a bonus. It's just a guess, but I'm really excited.
Anyway, I'm really interested to hear some of your suppositions about what it would be.............. :)

brazilian_bard

Re: Orchestral stuff

#2 Post by brazilian_bard » 08 May 2012 19:06

Think about Metallica with orchestra... think about Steve Vai with orchestra... it will be no inovation, and have been done several times before... except for the fact BG music always had space for this, and many songs already have orchestral elements... I just wonder how they did not release this before. It is already time.

I'm sure it will be a big, huge production... imagine it alive.
There will be new songs, or the songs we already know? I hope both.
Metallica with orchestra, was, for me, a big 'frankenstein'. Sounded weird.

But listen to Theatre of Pain orchestral. What a master piece of art. Btw, this song is an amazing, beautiful deep special song, and I don't see many people talking about it. But it is just amazing. This song MUST be in the orchestra (like if my opinion would make any difference :mrgreen: )

Other songs I can easily imagine: Nightfall, Blood Tears, Lord of the Rings, Past and Future Secret, Mordred's Song, Bright Eyes, Carry the Blessed Home, Curse my Name, Road of no release, The Eldar... I feel there is a link with acoustic and orchestral projects...but I may be wrong :wink:

btw: George Lynch's orchestral album is interesting. I liked it.

bard_92

#3 Post by bard_92 » 08 May 2012 20:55

Yes, man, I know about some orchestrall projects like those of Metallica, Scorpions and so on..., and they are really amazing, but that's not my point. I mean that in these projects are included only classic songs of these groups but with some orchestral arangements(and there are still those heavy elememts on them, like the guitars, for example) :? Don't get me wrong, I like the guitars, but I really would like to hear something different, something that I have never seen before, something really complex.
That's what I expect - something really classical music but with Hansi's powerfull vocals + big orchestral choruses, like the one in WOT. As I said, "different" is te word about what I expect(probably not too radical), something that we have never seen before, and I really hope that it wiil be in this way :)
Maybe WOT and Theatre of Pain(I really forgot about this amazing masterpice) are probably the closest stuff about what I would like to hear.
About the old songs, I think that it would be amazing to get some new versions on some of them, but with real orchestra arangements :D
Anyway, only time will show us :!:

P.S. They are writing these orchestral songs more than 14 years already, the must to be a huge masterpieces, pieces of art :)

brazilian_bard

#4 Post by brazilian_bard » 28 May 2012 16:32

Do you know that Andre have a project, or an intention, of making orchestral songs based on The Lord of the Rings?
I've saw an interview on youtube (filmed in Croatia i think) with Andre and Marcus, and there in some moment the guy asked Andre about his orchestral project based on Tolkien's work... and then there was silence... and then Andre talks about how it all began with the song "Theatre of Pain"... so he talks the song today is no big work, but there in 1992 it was a big start for them. Can you imagine this? An orchestral project guided by Andre, all based on Tolkien's Silmarillion and Lord of the Rings.
Wow. Hope it come out soon.
Last edited by brazilian_bard on 28 May 2012 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

bard_92

#5 Post by bard_92 » 28 May 2012 17:13

Hey, man, you must be kidding me :) that was exactly for what I was talking about. This is the project that you're talking about :)
http://www.blind-guardian.com/2011/07/2 ... s-to-come/

The idea for this project came in 1998(if I'm not wrong) by Andre and Hansi, and it was supposed to be a conception album for Lord Of The Rings. As I know, 13 years later,the interview that I posted, is the first official information for the project and it's conception(it's not going to be for LOTR, as it was first planned) !
As I know, there would be 10 orchestral songs, and in an interview last year Hansi said that Sacred Worlds and Wheel Of Time are good pieces for how the songs would sound. Other thing, that I heard somewhere, is that there would be no guitars(don't know for acoustic ones), everything would be from the orchestra + Hansi ;)
At the beggining of this year, Hansi said in an interview that this project will be released maybe at the end of 2013... then - 1 month later in the GuardianTv- Hansi said that it will be ready till 3-4 years :(... but in the last interview that I heard, Hansi said that the next two goals of BG are the orchestral project and a new BG album in the next 2-3 years, but he still has no idea which one of them will come first :/
Btw, as I heard, 6 songs are ready from the project and Hansi is working for the other ones.
I have really big expactions for this project, cause somewhere, I heard that WOT and ATTWS(i'm not sure for this one), were firstly planned for the project, but then they became too heavy for it, they were too different(which are good news from one hand, but also not very good from other :D)....so only time will show us, but as I said, I have really big expactions ;)

Alpha Penguin

#6 Post by Alpha Penguin » 30 May 2012 08:00

I'm almost certain we'll get a new Blind Guardian album first, and then afterwards, the long awaited orchestral album :)
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

Dragon Guardian

#7 Post by Dragon Guardian » 30 May 2012 15:23

Alpha Penguin wrote:I'm almost certain we'll get a new Blind Guardian album first, and then afterwards, the long awaited orchestral album :)
Either one would be really welcome. :D

bard_92

#8 Post by bard_92 » 30 May 2012 19:35

Dragon Guardian wrote:
Alpha Penguin wrote:I'm almost certain we'll get a new Blind Guardian album first, and then afterwards, the long awaited orchestral album :)
Either one would be really welcome. :D

TRUE STORY :)

brazilian_bard

#9 Post by brazilian_bard » 04 Jun 2012 17:48

As they like to surprise us, I do not doubt the predicted orchestra contained in ATEOT (which induces us to think that the next album will be with "the" orchestra album) can be left a little and they come up with an new album focused more on metal only (like if BG was only metal, but you understood what I mean), or perhaps even with some more elements of orchestra, to then finally after release "the" orchestra album.
Think about the song "Wheel of Time." It took 18 months to get ready, then probably "the" orchestra album will take several months to go, maybe even years. Hopefully. Will be worth it... wow... :D

I have big expectations too. I love 'Sacred Worlds', 'Theatre of Pain' and the Forgotten Tales. And now those ideas, that are already wonderful, will come up more worked and mature. If there is a band that should have an orchestra album, this band is Blind Guardian. Much more than any other band that have already made it. So fucking happy to see there is still much to come 8)