Full Wheel of Time Cover

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
genmills

Full Wheel of Time Cover

#1 Post by genmills » 25 Apr 2012 03:35

Hi everybody! I'm new to these forums, but like many of you, I am the biggest Blind Guardian fan! Not because I freak out about how awesome they are, or because I dream about meeting them someday, but because I honestly think they have put out some of the best music of all time, and being a skilled musician, I understand all of the elements that go into making it, so I appreciate it even more.

I wanted to share something I made fairly recently with people who will appreciate it. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So4DZjYbMds

It is a complete cover, and the only thing from the real song is Hansi's singing, and the parts where the choirs sing actual words. (Hopefully, it doesn't get removed because I included that in the song!) Otherwise, I recorded or programmed everything else. It was a very long process, but it was completely worth it and loads of fun! It would really cool to know if Blind Guardian actually saw this cover :)

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. You can ask questions about anything else you want to know. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

bard_92

Re: Full Wheel of Time Cover

#2 Post by bard_92 » 25 Apr 2012 14:04

Awesome work, man. That's a lot of work.... :) :) :)

Traveller in Time

#3 Post by Traveller in Time » 26 Apr 2012 21:51

really impressive! How long were you working on that?
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

genmills

#4 Post by genmills » 27 Apr 2012 00:55

Thanks! I was working on this song here and there for like 9 months and finally decided to do some serious work on it. If I had worked hard on it all in a row it's probably about 3 weeks of total work. Normally, I could work faster, but it was hard listening closely to hear every single orchestra part that I could, and I hard to figure out and learn the guitar parts up to speed. I would love to do more BG covers, but I don't think I could get just the vocals for any more of their songs.

Thoreg

#5 Post by Thoreg » 27 Apr 2012 00:57

Wow man, congratulations!! This is epic. :D
So many centuries
So many Gods
We were the prisoners
Of our own fantasy

brazilian_bard

#6 Post by brazilian_bard » 30 Apr 2012 17:46

Amazing job!!!
That's really a lot of work... :o 8)
How do you promote the video on youtube? And which guitar is this?

Keep up the good work!

genmills

#7 Post by genmills » 30 Apr 2012 20:08

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by promote the video--I just upload it and see what happens. :)

The guitar is a Ernie Ball/Music Man BFR JP6. It is one of John Petrucci's signature models and it is hand made in their custom shop. Best purchase I ever made. :)

residentour

#8 Post by residentour » 01 May 2012 13:39

That is an awesome video. Could you send the midi file for instruments?

brazilian_bard

#9 Post by brazilian_bard » 28 May 2012 16:38

genmills wrote:Thanks! Not sure what you mean by promote the video--I just upload it and see what happens. :)

The guitar is a Ernie Ball/Music Man BFR JP6. It is one of John Petrucci's signature models and it is hand made in their custom shop. Best purchase I ever made. :)
Nice! I'm sure this guitar is amazing!

I'm amazed with the history of the development of this song, explained by Marcus and Andre in an interview I've watched recently on youtube. 18 months for the song to get where they wanted to. A lot of work, a real journey. And, in the end, the bards triumph again. Amazing.