Carry the Blessed Home

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
brazilian_bard

Carry the Blessed Home

#1 Post by brazilian_bard » 15 Feb 2012 17:03

Anyone knows what this song is about? The melody is so nice...
I've read the lyrics but it didn't help :lol:

ErHaO

Re: Carry the Blessed Home

#2 Post by ErHaO » 15 Feb 2012 17:12

Dark Tower series I think (like Somewere far Beyond), about Roland. Don't really know the specifics as I am not that far in the series and do not want to spoil myself (as I think the song is pretty far in the story).

Some people don't like the song, but I absolutely love it. The chorus is really powerful and the verses have a lot of emotion.

Tablinan

#3 Post by Tablinan » 29 Feb 2012 23:33

Its one of my absolute all-time favourites of BG. Maybe one of the top 5 - yes, because of the emotion it conveys and so powerful the vocals.....

well: my guess it is about Roland and his relationship with the little kid - whose name i cant remember at the moment.

greetings!

P
Blind my eyes and I still can see through the mist

brazilian_bard

#4 Post by brazilian_bard » 19 Mar 2012 16:25

ErHaO wrote:Dark Tower series I think (like Somewere far Beyond), about Roland. Don't really know the specifics as I am not that far in the series and do not want to spoil myself (as I think the song is pretty far in the story).
Ah, thank you... I never heard about it before.
ErHaO wrote:Some people don't like the song, but I absolutely love it. The chorus is really powerful and the verses have a lot of emotion.
Yeah... !

brazilian_bard

#5 Post by brazilian_bard » 19 Mar 2012 16:27

Tablinan wrote:Its one of my absolute all-time favourites of BG. Maybe one of the top 5 - yes, because of the emotion it conveys and so powerful the vocals.....

well: my guess it is about Roland and his relationship with the little kid - whose name i cant remember at the moment.

greetings!

P
This song is really awesome!!! For me, it may be one of the top 10.
I want to know more about this series. I'll check it out.

Thank you

Drahcir

#6 Post by Drahcir » 22 Jul 2012 01:41

This song is really fun to listen to. It's actually one of my favorite Blind Guardian songs. :mrgreen:

Lorn_Songster

#7 Post by Lorn_Songster » 15 Dec 2012 18:33

Jake is the boy's name. I learnt today this songs theme and since I am a big fan of the series since long ago,I got interested in reading the lyrics, but lately I dont like much their music. For me the best material about the Dark Tower series (apart from the inmortal 8) song Somewhere Far Beyond) is from the second album of Demons and Wizards: Terror Train, the Gunslinger, etc. Better than BG 2 last albums imo.

blindarium

#8 Post by blindarium » 17 Dec 2012 00:12

hello bards, what about is song carry the blessed home? simply open my blind guardian czech fanclub page http://www.milan-skoda.cz/blindguardian/defaulteng.htm and check the corner lyrics inspiration, there you can find here all information about this and other songs...take care, milan from blind guardian czech fanclub

brazilian_bard

#9 Post by brazilian_bard » 16 Mar 2013 18:28

I'll check it out, thanks!