BG New Interview (On: Orchestral Project, New Album, D&W)

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Twister

BG New Interview (On: Orchestral Project, New Album, D&W)

#1 Post by Twister » 09 Feb 2012 15:54

Metalitalia.com just posted an interview with Blind Guardian: http://metalitalia.com/intervista/blind ... -the-past/

The interview is focused on the new Best-Of, things we already know much, but there were a couple of other interesting things.

About the Orchestral Project & New Album:
[...]Talking about your near future, can you tell us how the Orchestral Project is working out?
Hansi: “It's working out slowly... as I've been saying for many years! [...] We have already recorded in Prague the orchestral parts for five or six songs, I've managed to work out some demos for some vocal lines and we made some other pre-production stuff, but we're still far from completing the job. And we already started to work on the next official Blind Guardian album, so we still don't know which one will come out first. I believe that one of those two projects will be out during 2013, and the other one a year later."
About the setlist we can expect on this summer tour (Orodaran, skip this paragraph :P):
In June you'll play at the Metalfest Festival here in Italy, in Monza. What kind of setlist can we expect? In which way related to this new Best-Of?
Hansi: "We always do a sort of Best-Of show. This time we may decide to put some other song that we haven't been playing lately, such as Follow the Blind or Somewhere Far Beyond, and of course the setlist will be different since last time we played in Italy. You can obviously expect the classics you can find on the new best-of."
About a new Demons & Wizards album:
Some weeks ago, you and Jon Schaffer sent through youtube a message in which you said, jokingly nevertheless, that you were thinking of a new album together, I believe with Demons & Wizards. Were you serious?
Hansi: We have that intention. [...] Me and Jon met quite often in the last twelve months. Our biggest problem is that we want to find the right time to compose music together. This is really important, since the best pieces of D&W music turned out to be the ones we had the chance to work on together, and this time we want to have this process made for the whole new record, and not only for some songs. Over than that, we will need some time to do at least a small tour in both Europe and America to support this new record. If this will ever happen, it will be in 2013 or 2015.
"Well, I was about to announce the next song, but I think we'll have to skip it...
Yeah, because we have a pretty sad song here, and you all seem so happy to me...!"

(Hansi Kursch)

bestpike

Re: BG New Interview (On: Orchestral Project, New Album, D&W

#2 Post by bestpike » 09 Feb 2012 22:31

Thanks!
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

T3hOverlord

#3 Post by T3hOverlord » 10 Feb 2012 01:52

2015? lol i thought this was like the twilight of Blind Guardian's career. I guess they are oblivious to the fact that they'll all be over 50 by then

Darth Arrow

#4 Post by Darth Arrow » 10 Feb 2012 11:34

Twister wrote:Metalitalia.com just posted an interview with Blind Guardian: http://metalitalia.com/intervista/blind ... -the-past/

The interview is focused on the new Best-Of, things we already know much, but there were a couple of other interesting things.

About the Orchestral Project & New Album:
[...]Talking about your near future, can you tell us how the Orchestral Project is working out?
Hansi: “It's working out slowly... as I've been saying for many years! [...] We have already recorded in Prague the orchestral parts for five or six songs, I've managed to work out some demos for some vocal lines and we made some other pre-production stuff, but we're still far from completing the job. And we already started to work on the next official Blind Guardian album, so we still don't know which one will come out first. I believe that one of those two projects will be out during 2013, and the other one a year later."
So if Hansi says one of the two will be out during 2013 and the other 2014, then that means we could hope to expect the first one to be out during 2014 and the second sometimes in the latter half of the 2020s. eh? :lol:

Isis65

#5 Post by Isis65 » 10 Feb 2012 19:56

Darth Arrow wrote: So if Hansi says one of the two will be out during 2013 and the other 2014, then that means we could hope to expect the first one to be out during 2014 and the second sometimes in the latter half of the 2020s. eh? :lol:
something is telling me you've probably reason...
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Isis65

#6 Post by Isis65 » 12 Feb 2012 14:49

is output a nice and interesting interview with Hansi also on Rock Hard Italy, with some remarkable statements about the future of the Guardian and a curiosity about the band's logo (anyone remember the Bee Gees?)
I just can not find it online, and copy it by hand and translate it well makes me a bit hard (I'm a lazy woman)... maybe I'll do it very quietly in the coming days ... incidentally, when we talk about Guardian is better forget the rapidity....
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

T3hOverlord

#7 Post by T3hOverlord » 12 Feb 2012 19:07

Yeah haha I walked by a BeeGee's CD at the mall a couple days ago and was like WHAT THE FUCK lol that was the first time I realized Blind Guardian copied the BeeGee's logo (The funny thing is the BeeGee's logo looks slightly cooler than the blind guardian logo)

Isis65

#8 Post by Isis65 » 12 Feb 2012 19:42

Well, I know the Bee Gees since the double Saturday Night Fever album (1978, I think ... someone gave it to me for Christmas), and the BG since I saw them for the first time here in Florence (1995), but I swear I never noticed that the two logos were the same .... and with this I confess publicly that I'm really stupid .... Hansi says that they have realized it only a decade ago, but now it was gone.... well ... I'm not the only one asleep in this world ....
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

spamel

#9 Post by spamel » 14 Feb 2012 22:09

OMG! I never noticed! HAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Traveller in Time

#10 Post by Traveller in Time » 15 Feb 2012 00:08

I remembered one guy mentioned it here some years ago.
And even Marcus was asked the same question concerning the similarity of the logos and he answered the guy who made it cheated on them.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Isis65

#11 Post by Isis65 » 15 Feb 2012 21:27

spamel wrote:OMG! I never noticed! HAHAHAHAHA!
me neither....
Traveller in Time wrote:I remembered one guy mentioned it here some years ago.
And even Marcus was asked the same question concerning the similarity of the logos and he answered the guy who made it cheated on them.
it's only since 2-3 years ago I read this forum...and I never read that Marcus interview...
Ok, now I know this thing...it's funny!
(but no so deeply important...just a curious thing)
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

Traveller in Time

#12 Post by Traveller in Time » 15 Feb 2012 22:52

If he didn't mention it, i would not know it till today, i guess :oops:
Just because i show no attention to the Bee Gees ;)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Isis65

#13 Post by Isis65 » 16 Feb 2012 17:35

ok, so you're fully justified .... but not me.
In the days of "Saturday Night Fever" was impossible not to know the Bee Gees, were everywhere, that movie really marked an era ... however, it was also really cute.
After, the Bee Gees and John Travolta do not they heard of again, but in those years exploded fashion disco ... it was also funny, actually ...
Oh well, it is not so important ....
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs

T3hOverlord

#14 Post by T3hOverlord » 17 Feb 2012 00:20

Does anyone know where any of these interviews are concerning the silimlarities of their logos?

Isis65

#15 Post by Isis65 » 17 Feb 2012 12:44

I don't know about the oldest interviews, the one I'm talking about is published by Metalitalia.com, this is the link: http://metalitalia.com/intervista/blind ... -the-past/ (of course is in italian..)
This is the translation of the question concerning the logo:
Q: A curiosity ': years ago while, I watched some vinyls of my father, I noticed an old album of Bee Gees with a band logo almost identical to yours ... How do you explain this ?
A: "Hmmm .... I have some trouble to explain this thing, because we realized there ... about 10 or 15 years ago, I can not tell precisely. It's really strange ... I think the cartoonist who created the logo in 1986, just stole it to the Bee Gees. We realized until years later when someone pointed out to me. We say that he has taken a strong inspiration from the Bee Gees' ... put it this way, come on. (laughter, Ed.) I believe that the initial 'B' and 'G' especially liked the designer, but there were never realized. There is also an album by the Bee Gees, I believe 'Tragedy', on which the logo is gold ... very similar to ours. Anyway what can we do now? The Bee Gees are the history and have never complained about this, although I repeat, there were not noticed (laughs, ed). "

edit: I searched the image of the logo on "Tragedy" album...well, is really similar...
I'm an old girl...

Anti War Songs