The Hobbit?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Heed The Blind

The Hobbit?

#1 Post by Heed The Blind » 11 Nov 2011 03:27

I was wondering...I read on the wiki page(not sure...how legit that info may be) that Blind Guardian tried to get on the soundtrack of Lord of the Rings, but failed because they were working on an album.

Have they tried to get on this soundtrack, granted, The Hobbit is on a smaller scale(I guess by not much, 2 part movie), but it is still Tolkien novel and they to have a song for it "The Bard's Song - The Hobbit" Which that better end up on the soundtrack...or I will be very disappoint in Jackson.

T3hOverlord

Re: The Hobbit?

#2 Post by T3hOverlord » 11 Nov 2011 04:38

no

bestpike

#3 Post by bestpike » 11 Nov 2011 20:07

Ok, I'll help you see that even YOU don't want what you are suggesting. Let's take a Lotr movie, any of the three, which should be very very close to what the Hobbit will be (same writer, same director, and the list goes on). In what scene exactly would you put The Hobbit to play on the background? Yeah, exactly, nowhere. Maybe at the end credits, like Iron Man. Film soundtracks serve a different purpose than what stand-alone music is trying to achieve.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

kalrhael

#4 Post by kalrhael » 12 Nov 2011 00:30

Maybe like a disney movie? "Out in the distance there's so much gold" and then an all-star group of dwarves busts into song and dance!

Huh, actually...it can probably really work, considering Hansi's over-dubbing and the lyrics from first-person.

"Over the mountain and seas, to the old hill where the old dragon sleeps
Blind in the dark dungeons night!" While they're all following gollum!

See? IT CAN WORK!
MONEY TO BE MADE HERE

Traveller in Time

#5 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Nov 2011 19:33

a movie soundtrack is usually written after the movie is made, not vice versa. It's hard to make a scence which fits the tempo and lyrics of The Bard's Song - The Hobbit. As end credits it would suit.

But maybe they have still some songs left from the orchestra project which can fit ;)
a music always shall support expression, mood and feelings of the images.
Which feeling does The Bard's Song - The Hobbit does transport? several if you would ask me, to fast changing than suiting to a movie scene.... but as single song a killer!

Although i doubt that Jackson will ask them....
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Dragon Guardian

#6 Post by Dragon Guardian » 25 Nov 2011 17:11

bestpike wrote:Ok, I'll help you see that even YOU don't want what you are suggesting. Let's take a Lotr movie, any of the three, which should be very very close to what the Hobbit will be (same writer, same director, and the list goes on). In what scene exactly would you put The Hobbit to play on the background? Yeah, exactly, nowhere. Maybe at the end credits, like Iron Man. Film soundtracks serve a different purpose than what stand-alone music is trying to achieve.
I must say that I fully agree, as much as I love BG, even they would feel out of place in the movie, unless it goes in the end credits like Enya's song. However the Hobbit song would work great with a tribute video of the Hobbit.

brazilian_bard

#7 Post by brazilian_bard » 23 Jan 2012 17:14

I would love to see/listen any of their songs in any movie, specially in this one.
BUT, and it was already said here, I can't imagine where. Maybe one orchestral version...
BG's song's are rich and full of details, so any Tollkien's based movie is, or should be.
And I just can't imagine two things that have this lot of richness working together. I may be wrong, but I have this first impression.

By the way, I'1ve just watched the trailer, and now I just can't wait to see the movie. It will be so nice...
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1070116864/tt0903624

That song they sing in the trailer is awesome...
Last edited by brazilian_bard on 24 Jan 2012 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

spamel

#8 Post by spamel » 23 Jan 2012 22:09

Almost as good as the song "taking the Hobbits to Isengard"! lols!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

brazilian_bard

#9 Post by brazilian_bard » 26 Jan 2012 14:34

You made me remember when Merry and Pipin rode the Ent... but at that moment they didn't sing, did they?

I've read The Hobbit book many years ago, a friend lent it to me. And it is so full of details that I just can't remember all...

ksavertooth

#10 Post by ksavertooth » 11 Mar 2014 18:01

Now that the second part of the Hobbit movie has been released, what do you think about a BG song in the credits?
I don't know if the bard song is the best choice but, in my opinion, the song "I see fire" from Ed Sheeran is much less appropiate. Also, I love the song "those we've left behind" from Maegi with Hansi Kürsch singing and I think it would be a great end credits song for the final chapter of the Hobbit.