Oliver Holzwarth joins Rhapsody of Fire.

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
LeBard

Oliver Holzwarth joins Rhapsody of Fire.

#1 Post by LeBard » 01 Sep 2011 18:40

Film score metal band Rhapsody Of Fire announces new bass player.

Trieste, Italy September 1, 2011 - The band Rhapsody Of Fire is proud to announce the name of a new band member who will join forces with Fabio Lione, Alex Staropoli, Tom Hess and Alex Holzwarth. German bass player Oliver Holzwarth (brother of Rhapsody Of Fire drummer Alex Holzwarth) has joined the band as an official and permanent member of Rhapsody Of Fire, and will be involved in both live performances and studio recordings.

Oliver is an excellent bass player who has toured with Blind Guardian, Tarja Turunen and Sieges Even and has recorded several studio albums with Blind Guardian.

Alex Staropoli says: "It's a true privilege and honor to have the two Holzwarth brothers playing together in Rhapsody Of Fire. I am sure it will be fantastic to have the best rhythmic section on this planet, a unique and true force of nature, on our side. I am really looking forward to hearing them shaking the stages around the world on our upcoming world tour."
Not too surprising I guess. More importantly however, will he still be a "guest" with Blind Guardian now that he is a full time member with Rhapsody of Fire?

Orodaran

Re: Oliver Holzwarth joins Rhapsody of Fire.

#2 Post by Orodaran » 01 Sep 2011 18:52

Not so sure... BG tour a lot when they actually do it... sooner or later there have to arise scheduling conflicts....
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

LeBard

#3 Post by LeBard » 01 Sep 2011 18:59

Orodaran wrote:Not so sure... BG tour a lot when they actually do it... sooner or later there have to arise scheduling conflicts....
Guess they should've hired him a long time ago. :P On the other hand, Rhapsody doesn't seem to tour that extensively: I counted 16 gigs for their last album tour, + some festivals. But yeah, what happens when the inevitable happens? When was the last time Hansi played the bass? Imaginations tour? Oh well, I don't think they'll find any trouble looking for a replacement.

Dentarthurdent

#4 Post by Dentarthurdent » 01 Sep 2011 19:03

When BG played in South Africa, Oliver als had a schedule conflict, so Edguy's Tobi Exxel replaced him for those shows, iirc.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Orodaran

#5 Post by Orodaran » 01 Sep 2011 19:47

I guess now BG will get back at those complaining that he was never made a member, showing how they were right all the time :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

bestpike

#6 Post by bestpike » 01 Sep 2011 22:05

Oh man, what I would give to see Hansi play his bass live. What?!?! I can dream right?!?! :D
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

ent

#7 Post by ent » 01 Sep 2011 22:42

would not like to go on from Blind Guardian
CROATIAN BARD

Blind Guardian Croatian Bards
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blind-Gua ... 0227785608

The Rider Of Rohan

#8 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 02 Sep 2011 08:24

Oliver's a great bassplayer, but also replacable. Who ever notices the basslines during a BG-concert? I don't. Show is all about Hansi, the audience and the two guitarplayers. So it'll be okay.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.