New interview

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
bestpike

New interview

#1 Post by bestpike » 28 May 2011 14:55

Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Binabik

Re: New interview

#2 Post by Binabik » 29 May 2011 23:21

"Is there anything you would like to say to your fans?"
"Yes, bye, bye!" :mrgreen:
Thanks for the link!

GreenAjah

#3 Post by GreenAjah » 01 Jun 2011 20:55

Yes, thanks for posting this!

Aww man, this LoTR/Silmarillion project sounds amazing. I can already tell that I'm gonna love it, just by the description. Love how they claim that they aren't quite ready to play Ride into Obsession live just yet. Pssh! Like any of us are gonna be down there in the crowd thinking "Good god Andre, what is wrong with you today? That sounds awful!". Yeah. No. Andre could put on a blindfold and play a left handed dobro for three hours and I'd still pay good money to see it happen. You can also bet that I'm gonna go buy a bunch of lambics and porters and such to give to him next time I see him. Because in my mind, we hang out regularly. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it? :D
"Raise this banner high. Don't take it down again until the Last Battle has been won. I march beneath the sign of the wolf!"

MadHamish

#4 Post by MadHamish » 03 Jun 2011 12:31

Hello again (it appeared I have to re-register for the forum since I haven't been posting anything in years).
Blind Guardian played in Sofia, Bulgaria on April 30 and I met Hansi for an interview for the webzine Rawk'n'Roll. I would like to share it with the Blind Guardian community outside Bulgaria, so I posted the English version in my blog here. I am giving also links to the live report (Bulgarian only) and the gallery from the show.

Cheers to all!

bestpike

#5 Post by bestpike » 03 Jun 2011 13:21

lol Hansi again hints at a regular album before the orchestra one. Sigh... And a "best of"album before that? seriously? screw that, it sounds so anti-bg, im sure nuclear blast pushes for it. thanks for the interview btw, although it bears sad news :/
Forever to be free

Ligandil

#6 Post by Ligandil » 03 Jun 2011 18:38

wow very interesting interview, though i am with doubt about the lyrics of the orchestral project, because the interviewer says about LOtR/Silmarillion lyrics, but in the metalcamp live chat with Hansi, i asked him if there were going to be any Tolkien-related songs, and he said no :(

really funny guys Marcus and Andre, poor Oliver hahah.

I love it when artists start speaking about Tolkien, they speak with so much respect, as the Battlelore composer did on the first dvd, it is just awesome to listen to them talk about the Professor :)

bestpike

#7 Post by bestpike » 04 Jun 2011 14:43

Here's another new one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQrsbuGoH0. Not any future plans questions were asked sadly, but its always nice to hear Hansi talk :D
Forever to be free

Dark Age

#8 Post by Dark Age » 04 Jun 2011 15:33

Thank you all for finding all this stuff. It's always nice to read/see something from the band members.

Don't know what to think about the best-of-album. The word rip-off comes in my mind first. But having in mind, they are redoing attws perhaps this will appear on this best-of.

I don't have a complete interview but a nice comment from Hansi regarding his Metalcamp experiences http://www.myspace.com/metalcamp/blog/543018406
„Metalcamp has been somewhat of a compensation for me in some sort, then I'd never been a real boy scout in my life and thus have never been to a boy scout camp. What would I've done there? Building bridges, putting up a campfire, sleep under the stars or swim in the river nearby. But all that Metalcamp has got to offer you. Even though I've only been swimming in the river there so far and every time I bravely jumped into the crystal clear and cold water again, just to stand outside after only 25 seconds looking somewhat embarrassed to admit that the „wild life" is apparently not for me. So much for „living the dream" and thus Metalcamp will always have a special place in my heart ? Another try this year, seems like I'm the Menderes of Metalcamp."
Our lives are merely trees of possibilities

Ligandil

#9 Post by Ligandil » 04 Jun 2011 16:03

wow great interview very interesting details i have never heard about!

and that girls hair is really cool :mrgreen: