A Topic For Talking About Each Concert !

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Ménel Tenna Mol

A Topic For Talking About Each Concert !

#1 Post by Ménel Tenna Mol » 05 May 2011 14:27

I've checked it, but I haven't found yet. So I decided to post a new topic. I want to learn how was other concerts in other countries at this topic. I want to hear about audience, band's performance etc. And also I want to tell you about our concert's audience and band's performance in our concert. So if there is not any problem, I want to tell you how was last night.

Avelar

Re: A Topic For Talking About Each Concert !

#2 Post by Avelar » 05 May 2011 22:06

I just listened to Sacred Worlds and it brought me so good memories about the last year's concerts :cry: Now I regret that didn't come to Greece for the next couple of shows :cry:
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Grim

#3 Post by Grim » 06 May 2011 09:51

4.30.2011 Bulgaria, Sofia, Hristo Botev hall. The third Blind Guardian concert in my country. I may say the best concert ever. the support group was the A.X.E. project (http://axe.digispherium.com/main.php?la ... est=news)- a really promising young bulgarian group. After that Blind Guardian. They made the best show ever. It was perfect in every aspect you can imagine. Here's the set list :
THE A.X.E. PROJECT:

01. Celts
02. Dark Tale
03. Wasted
04. Mountain Queen
05. Ancient Earth Suite
06. Frozen Eyes
07. Pain
BLIND GUARDIAN:

01. Sacred Worlds
02. Welcome to Dying
03. Nightfall
04. Fly
05. Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
06. Lord of the Rings
07. Tanelorn (Into the Void)
08. Traveller in Time
09. Valhalla
10. Majesty
11. And Then There Was Silence
Бис:
12. Wheel of Time
13. The Bard's Song (In the Forest)
14. Bright Eyes
15. Mirror Mirror
...Why do we despise the world that gave us life? Why wouldn't the world survive us, like any organism survives a virus? ...What would that look like? What if this is the last winter, before the collapse? And hope dies.
The Last Winter

„Няма власт над оная глава, която е готова да се отдели от плещите си в името на свободата и за благото на цялото човечество.“
Христо Ботев (1848 - 1876)

teo_guardian

#4 Post by teo_guardian » 08 May 2011 02:06

Ok so here are some great news for the upcoming concerts...

we were unlucky to just listen to that song outside the venue on low bassy volume...it was only on soundcheck and they didn't play it on the show afterwards but i guess they'll finally play it in other shows on this tour...and i am talking about "Ride into Obsession"..yup!they played it on soundcheck!!so i wish you more luck than ours :-)

bestpike

#5 Post by bestpike » 08 May 2011 17:54

Let's see if they'll play it today on Thessaloniki.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

bestpike

#6 Post by bestpike » 09 May 2011 00:24

It seems we won't be seeing any more surprises besides The Hobbit and maybe Ride into Obsession that teo mentioned. I'm a little bit dissapointed, was expecting more than 1 "new" songs in the 2nd part of the tour. Maybe latin America will be luckier. Besides that, I attended 2 out of 3 Greece's shows, both were fucking brilliant. Loved every second of them, except that I missed the only show of the three where the Hobbit was played. Damn.
Forever to be free

Grim

#7 Post by Grim » 09 May 2011 10:15

well you can't always get what you want ;)
...Why do we despise the world that gave us life? Why wouldn't the world survive us, like any organism survives a virus? ...What would that look like? What if this is the last winter, before the collapse? And hope dies.
The Last Winter

„Няма власт над оная глава, която е готова да се отдели от плещите си в името на свободата и за благото на цялото човечество.“
Христо Ботев (1848 - 1876)

prongs

#8 Post by prongs » 09 May 2011 10:20

We didn't really expect them to play The Hobbit, as we told Andre the next day it was a great surprise. It was one of the highlights of the concert...of course when Blind Guardian is playing live the entire concert is one big highlight :D :D :D
Ladies!!!!!!!....please avert your eyes....I've been known to hypnotise....

Nickpes

#9 Post by Nickpes » 09 May 2011 12:58

Attended the two days in Athens and I have to admit that they were two of the best days of my life ... Hobbit indeed was the highlight , but generally the band was brilliant and we had a great time.

Both set lists where as best as they could, the band trying to satisfy all of their fans and I think they succeeded

bestpike

#10 Post by bestpike » 09 May 2011 16:07

Well, about satisfing all their fans they could have done a bit better job imo, like playing something else other than attws from anato, like punishment divine, or a bit more variety from iftos, script, im alive, holy war, story ends were missing. From atitm they did a good job, playing 1 different track off it each night. And finally they could have played one of the two "second bests" from the first two albums, Banish from sanctury and Run for the night.
Forever to be free

teo_guardian

#11 Post by teo_guardian » 09 May 2011 16:24

We must not forget that they are doing a great job on this tour concerning IFTOS...
The major problem on all tours so far was that they were playing all IFTOS songs and only 1 or none from other albums..
They don't do this thing on this tour and that makes space for all albums..so yeah you won't listen all IFTOS songs
but it was about time for them to do that sacrifice

bestpike

#12 Post by bestpike » 09 May 2011 19:19

Well I'm not saying all of Iftos songs, but for example we saw 2 times Mordred's song, 1 of those could have been replaced with Another Holy War or Script. And similarly, 2 Travelers in Time, 1 of those could've been something else. I'm just saying there were a lot of duplicates for 3 shows in the same country. Why not play it safe and play as different setlists as possible, while of course keeping the 3-4 staple songs (valhalla, bards song, mirror mirror etc)?

I also wonder why generally the 2011 variety is much poorer than the first part of the tour (38 different songs in 2010, only 26 in 2011 (28 total but 2 of those got played only on 70 tons tour, script and barbara ann). Did Hansi forget how to perform these songs in 3 months' time? I don't understand...
Forever to be free