Big update by Hansi

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Kalmari

Big update by Hansi

#1 Post by Kalmari » 16 Mar 2011 11:55

Another year, another message. Here, as promised a little while ago, the ultimate report about what we were dealing with the past few months and what to expect for the upcoming year.

I assume everyone reading these lines has had a chance to discover At the Edge of Time and hopefully still enjoys it as much as we do. The very positive feedback we have gotten worldwide is of course a strong motivation for us. As said at other places before, we consider this album as the perfect connection between new and old. It contains a little bit of everything but still has a strong musical thread running throughout and offers us many options for our next projects.

It is no surprise when I tell you that the next journey will certainly lead us into an even more classical direction. There will be a few more trips to Prague necessary to finalize all orchestral recordings for our classical project but all things must come to an end eventually. The result of the stuff we have already recorded keeps me in a very good and optimistic mood, even though I consider the wait until the project’s completion very painful. Charlie [Bauerfeind] and I nonetheless will start working on the first vocal recordings during the next days. Since we will be interrupted by quite a lot of upcoming shows I would be happy if I were to find myself in a position to finish the first five songs vocalwise before the year is over. It is challenging stuff for everyone. One fine day, all of a sudden, when no one expects it, I will announce its completion. Certainly not within the next twelve months, but one very, very fine day.

From one long-term project to another. As we had time to share some serious moments with each other during the 70000 Tons of Metal cruise (somewhere on the oceans of time) Jon [Schaffer; Iced Earth & Sons of Liberty] and I had finally found the chance to put our minds together for a possible next Demons & Wizards album. We cheerfully simultaneously announced our wish to start working on it as quickly as possible. Although time is an issue for both of us we nonetheless decided to start songwriting together during the European summer festival season when Jon will be in Europe for Iced Earth performances. During that season we will use every possible moment to complete as much material as possible. To guarantee a good-mood-songwriting feeling I have already saved some good bottles of red wine and a smaller amount of Johnny Walker black label in our studio. :-) Things are still in the mist but we are about to recognize structures of a busy future.

As for the people who have bought the limited edition and may have started wondering about the promised additional stuff on the connected media page I can, one more time, promise that your waiting will soon be over and all your doubts about the value of having such questionable access will be erased. We have several things we are about to accomplish during the next days. Once finished we will make an official announcement telling you when the material will be available for download.

Apart from having worked on some remixes of the new stuff we obviously were able to catch a lot of impressions from our time on the road during the last months. Touring in all these European and Northern American venues was a definite blast and we cannot wait to hit the next countries and cities fairly soon. As we recorded most of the shows we have played so far, I can tell you that there have been a number of outstanding magic moments. I mostly was impressed by the great response the new stuff has gotten. Even when we toured in the early nineties it usually took one round to establish new material. But that is not the case with any of the new ones we played. They immediately got very significant responses each night. Another approval for their quality, I dare to say. Of course, we will try to come up with more new songs for the shows we are going to play during the next months. Since we have some time to waste until then we have decided to work on even more songs to be performed for these shows. I will keep it a secret which songs we are working on… though it won ‘t be many, I have to confess. Yes, I know how to spoil a story. It ‘s one of my best qualities – apart from looking cool while sitting on a chair. ;-)

Enjoy life.

Hansi

So, new Demons & Wizards, orchestral album is progressing and they are remixing some of the new songs (probably related to the Curse My Name / Wheel Of Time sound problems). Can't wait :D

bestpike

Re: Big update by Hansi

#2 Post by bestpike » 16 Mar 2011 12:09

Thanks for the post Kalmari, very enlighting! Although the non-mentioning of a live album is a bummer :(. I guess the decision hasn't been taken yet about that one.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

wade-newb

#3 Post by wade-newb » 16 Mar 2011 16:30

He also said theyre rehearsing some secret songs! This update has made me really excited! New D+W :D. Orchestral project vocals soon!
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

ErHaO

#4 Post by ErHaO » 16 Mar 2011 17:41

"As we recorded most of the shows we have played so far, I can tell you that there have been a number of outstanding magic moments."

Isn't that a good sign for the possibility of a new live album? And i'm really looking forward to both D&W and the orchestral album. Since the release of AtEoT i've been listening to the album quite regulary and I still think it's among their best.

The Rider Of Rohan

#5 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 16 Mar 2011 19:38

A new release or project in 2011 seems likely to me. Could be a live album.

After all: Hansi said that he wouldn't have time to finish the vocals for the orchestral album within the next year. So what exactly will he be doing all these months? Apart from a small number of festivals, there's nothing planned. So there's sure to be something he is not telling us.

Can't wait. :)
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Gandalf de Grijze

#6 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 16 Mar 2011 19:49

well, up to the 2nd european leg in may Hansi and Andre will be recording stuff for teh orchestral album...
after teh 2nd EU leg, there are the festivals, then in autumn there is a south american tour and there is also still an asian tour to be expected (I reckon about october/november). It isn't like he is doing nothing...
Also the band will be rehearsing several additional songs including one or two from the last album to play live during summer.
Then there is the writing for a third D&W..

All in all Hansi has been quite specific about his plans for the coming year...

plus, I personally think it is too soon for a new live album. especially with the setlist still not strongly different from the last album.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Orodaran

#7 Post by Orodaran » 16 Mar 2011 21:25

Kalmari wrote:I mostly was impressed by the great response the new stuff has gotten. Even when we toured in the early nineties it usually took one round to establish new material. But that is not the case with any of the new ones we played. They immediately got very significant responses each night. Another approval for their quality, I dare to say.
See Hansi? see? SEE? You have to play many new songs, especially when they are so great!!!!!! :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Darth Arrow

#8 Post by Darth Arrow » 16 Mar 2011 22:11

Hansi wrote:I will keep it a secret which songs we are working on… though it won ‘t be many, I have to confess. Yes, I know how to spoil a story. It ‘s one of my best qualities – apart from looking cool while sitting on a chair. ;-)
Anybody wan't to clarify that one? :D
Tuska Open Air, here I comeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dentarthurdent

#9 Post by Dentarthurdent » 17 Mar 2011 03:05

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:plus, I personally think it is too soon for a new live album. especially with the setlist still not strongly different from the last album.
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe there'll be another live-DVD up if that documentary is published (like Destruction did last year), but I doubt that as well.
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

nyobit

#10 Post by nyobit » 17 Mar 2011 10:49

Darth Arrow wrote:
Hansi wrote:I will keep it a secret which songs we are working on… though it won ‘t be many, I have to confess. Yes, I know how to spoil a story. It ‘s one of my best qualities – apart from looking cool while sitting on a chair. ;-)
I'm not sure, but this could be an answer :)

Darth Arrow

#11 Post by Darth Arrow » 17 Mar 2011 12:00

nyobit wrote:
Darth Arrow wrote:
I'm not sure, but this could be an answer :)
Haha, that could very well be it, thank you :D I was thinking it's gotta be some remark at something discussed here in the forums, as the sentence didn't make any sense :P Reminded me of that pool-boy discussion a while back :lol:

Mackasfour

#12 Post by Mackasfour » 18 Mar 2011 10:05

Well this is definitely great news :) Been really anticipating some news or signs of life from the Orchestral project and I know it will exceed my already high expectations :D and a new D&W's album would be quite nice yeah
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Mackasfour

#13 Post by Mackasfour » 18 Mar 2011 10:07

Dentarthurdent wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:plus, I personally think it is too soon for a new live album. especially with the setlist still not strongly different from the last album.
My thoughts exactly.
+2, would be nice to hear some high quality live recordings of the new songs that they do play. But yeah, set list is still too similar for a new Live album
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

bestpike

#14 Post by bestpike » 18 Mar 2011 12:54

Mackasfour wrote:
+2, would be nice to hear some high quality live recordings of the new songs that they do play. But yeah, set list is still too similar for a new Live album
I'm counting 10 songs played in the last tour that aren't in any live releases (the Wacken DVD doesn't count, its quality doesn't even go near to Live and Coburg). And also there is The Hobbit, that poor song never found its way in a live release. I hope they play it.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Hatimsheakh

#15 Post by Hatimsheakh » 19 Mar 2011 08:58

Human you always hot to look a Hansi Hinterseer concert? Then don't fille out on this great possibleness to obtain those sought-after Hansi Hinterseer tickets! Echt fans pay work, because other Hansi Hinterseer concert has been scheduled! Don't inactivity any thirster to like a striking evening filled with suffering and sound and organization your Hansi Hinterseer tickets here uncomplicated and assured at Onlineticketshop!

Orodaran

#16 Post by Orodaran » 19 Mar 2011 13:07

Hatimsheakh wrote:Human you always hot to look a Hansi Hinterseer concert? Then don't fille out on this great possibleness to obtain those sought-after Hansi Hinterseer tickets! Echt fans pay work, because other Hansi Hinterseer concert has been scheduled! Don't inactivity any thirster to like a striking evening filled with suffering and sound and organization your Hansi Hinterseer tickets here uncomplicated and assured at Onlineticketshop!
This is obviously a spambot, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Edain

#17 Post by Edain » 20 Mar 2011 03:44

Hansi Hinterseer says: Good Oro!

"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"