Hansi is hilarious!! (Houston show)

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Baby_Kürsch

Hansi is hilarious!! (Houston show)

#1 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Dec 2010 00:42

So he must have been feeling very chatty last night in Houston because he talked WWWAYYYY more than he did in Dallas. He even made a blow job joke (after talking about siting down for The Bards Song - In the Forest)!!! When he was introducing Nightfall he started talking about Morgoth and I shouted "FUCK YEA!!"" He said "No no no you dont fuck with Morgoth!" What a great show!! His banter with the crowd was fantastic! Before Mirror Mirror (the last song of the night) he asked what we wanted to hear! So we all shouted MAJESTY!! MAJESTY!!! MAJESTY!!! and he says... "So you want to hear Mirror Mirror??"! MAN!! It was great!!

Sat around after the show outside the tour bus and talked to Hansi for awhile. It was really cool!! But the others didn't come out and say hello! Is that normal?
wade-newb wrote:It was just me, Blind Guardian, and a whole lotta awkward D:

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

Re: Hansi is hilarious!! (Houston show)

#2 Post by Metal Fan » 17 Dec 2010 00:50

Lucky ass. In Tempe 10 or so people stood around outside after and Hansi only waved :evil: You got lucky enough to talk to him! *pouts*
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

MarchOfTime

#3 Post by MarchOfTime » 17 Dec 2010 01:37

We all chanted Majesty aswell at the Worcester show

from the dark stage Hansi comes up to the mic and straightforward says 'No"

10 seconds later.... well you know how Majesty begins :mrgreen:
Bow down in the platinum maze
Twilight cathedrals spread the system plague
Forging sacred thrones in the void unseen
Merciless judgement in the church of the machine

Baby_Kürsch

#4 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Dec 2010 02:21

lol yea!! Id have to say this was a better show than the tour 4 years ago!

not_superiority

#5 Post by not_superiority » 17 Dec 2010 03:57

Baby_Kürsch wrote:So he must have been feeling very chatty last night in Houston because he talked WWWAYYYY more than he did in Dallas. He even made a blow job joke (after talking about siting down for The Bards Song - In the Forest)!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7QRmbGIX5Q

:D the blow job joke is in the first minute or two

edit: also the comment about jaegermeister made me laugh

edit 2: face fucking, lol

Baby_Kürsch

#6 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Dec 2010 08:20

lol!! Last nights show was pretty awesome!

Dwarfare

#7 Post by Dwarfare » 17 Dec 2010 10:00

Was fortunate enough to be at that show. Great stuff, amazing show, absolutely topped the last one I went to in '06! Worth every penny (and the extra $35 I threw in for a t-shirt) and then some, haha! Some pretty funny lines in there, and getting them to add Majesty to the list was awesome!

Positioned myself to be the last one before the door when the band left just before Mirror Mirror, got to shake hands with both Hansi and Andre! :D Couldn't have had a better time, honestly.

Webmaster
Site Admin

#8 Post by Webmaster » 17 Dec 2010 10:44

It would be cool if someone that was at the Houston show could post the set list on setlist.fm.

Baby_Kürsch

#9 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Dec 2010 11:12

Well I happen to have a signed set list right here.... *clears throat*

Sacred
Welcome To Dying
Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Times Stands Still
Banish
Requiem
Lord of the Rings
Tanelorn
Imaginations
Wheel of Time
Bards Song
Majesty
Mirror Mirror

Baby_Kürsch

#10 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Dec 2010 11:24

Didn't know what you meant at first. But then I was like duh Im done. Then I did it and now its done.

Webmaster
Site Admin

#11 Post by Webmaster » 17 Dec 2010 12:51

Thanks for helping out. Would have been nice if you hadn't created a new event though. And also nice if you had made the song titles like at the other shows. ;-)

Angus

#12 Post by Angus » 17 Dec 2010 19:11

not_superiority wrote:
Baby_Kürsch wrote:So he must have been feeling very chatty last night in Houston because he talked WWWAYYYY more than he did in Dallas. He even made a blow job joke (after talking about siting down for The Bards Song - In the Forest)!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7QRmbGIX5Q

:D the blow job joke is in the first minute or two

edit: also the comment about jaegermeister made me laugh

edit 2: face fucking, lol
What did he say? I couldn't tell.

Baby_Kürsch

#13 Post by Baby_Kürsch » 17 Dec 2010 19:19

Webmaster wrote:Thanks for helping out. Would have been nice if you hadn't created a new event though. And also nice if you had made the song titles like at the other shows. ;-)
Hey I didnt know what I was doing okay! im sorry!

not_superiority

#14 Post by not_superiority » 17 Dec 2010 22:54

Angus wrote: What did he say? I couldn't tell.
hansi: i will work on a chair... even if i have to beg... i will get down on my knees for a chair (?? i think)

then the crowd starts laughing. zing

then he introduces the song :D

spamel

#15 Post by spamel » 18 Dec 2010 00:38

Very funny! I think the Texans should stick to shooting stuff though, singing is not their strong point! :twisted:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Precurser

#16 Post by Precurser » 18 Dec 2010 03:54

Someone should give Hansi a chair and a pen for Christmas.
You just looked at my signature.

Dwarfare

#17 Post by Dwarfare » 18 Dec 2010 04:21

spamel wrote:Very funny! I think the Texans should stick to shooting stuff though, singing is not their strong point! :twisted:
We weren't quite drunk enough. The show was too good of a distraction. ;)

not_superiority

#18 Post by not_superiority » 18 Dec 2010 10:49

spamel wrote:Very funny! I think the Texans should stick to shooting stuff though, singing is not their strong point! :twisted:

but yelling and screaming are! :D

station82o

#19 Post by station82o » 18 Dec 2010 17:42

I was at the show as well with two of my buddies, it was beyond great, 200x better than the 06 show (where I believe the band was dealing with the flu). We actually arrived at the venue at 4:45 pm to buy our tickets at the box office window, and when we were walking back around the venue to our car to go grab some food we saw a very familiar looking person outside the Blind Guardian tourbus banging together a pair of boots to get the mud off the bottom of them... he looked very familiar to me, and I said to my buddies, "Hey I think thats Hansi guys". They said "no way, Hansi has long hair right?".

We get in our car and start slowly driving by, then getting closer I'm sure he's Hansi, so we pull up right in front of the bus rather abruptly and at an awkward angle which I'm sure really freaked him the fuck out for a second because he pauses banging his boots together and freezes as he sees three dubious looking guys get out and walk towards him (in the midst of Triad gang controlled Houston warehouse district, this would be off putting to anyone). Fortunately, the dumb fanboy struck smile I had on my face and my Satyricon t-shirt put him at ease. I think I started off by commenting on the muddy boots of his, but soon we were all shaking hands and thanking him and the band for the last minute change to come to Houston. He replied that it must be easier for us to drive here rather than San Antonio, and also joked that "so you guys are the three people we'll have in the audience tonight". We all had a laugh and said goodbye, we didnt wanna take up anymore of his time, no autograph requests or pictures or anything like that, the handshake was enough - the guy is outside trying to clean up his boots for gods sake.

His joke was telling though, we were discussing it shortly after and honestly wondering with the short notice given to the city/venue change just how many people in Houston would show up for the show, certainly its clear the band was expecting a very low turnout. I am proud to say that Houston showed up as best as it could, the little room was packed and the audience represented Houston so damn well - if you were at the show and saw the band looking as happy, surprised and stunned as they did its most likely due to the possibility that they thought hardly anyone would be there and it'd be a lame show. Their comment about the show on the website mainpage “We have experienced an incredibly insane night in Houston. What a vivid audience!” is a testament to that. Great job Houston, I particularly loved the ole ole ole ole chant, the singing along to every single word in every song, and the awesome venue wide singalong to Holy Diver. Fucking fantastic gig, we impressed the Guardians, I know they will definitely never leave off Houston off the tourdates in the future.

Valkyrja

#20 Post by Valkyrja » 19 Dec 2010 04:09

XD Hansi's terrible jokes are adorable, and I hate all of you people who got to meet the bards. :P When they were in Philly, somebody threw him a sock filled with money and he was like "Ah! What an unexpected gift! ... wait, AMERICAN currency? Pshhh, this is worthless."

Then later on he started introducing a song by explaining that it was about the French Revolution, but then when the crowd got quiet he scolded us for being ignorant and "not giving a shit" and launched into the song. :P He was all smiles about it though; I hope he realized that SOME of us gave a shit. Haha

not_superiority

#21 Post by not_superiority » 19 Dec 2010 09:42

Valkyrja wrote: Then later on he started introducing a song by explaining that it was about the French Revolution, but then when the crowd got quiet he scolded us for being ignorant and "not giving a shit" and launched into the song. :P He was all smiles about it though; I hope he realized that SOME of us gave a shit. Haha
replace "french revolution" with "jaegermeister" and it's similar to what he said to us when someone was yelling. they send it to us so they can keep all the good beer to themselves *cry*

NY metal fan

#22 Post by NY metal fan » 24 Dec 2010 20:42

The Houston audience was lively and fun. Wish I was there. NY is always a tough crowd, very snotty and elitist.