BG Piano Covers

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
fountainkeeper

BG Piano Covers

#1 Post by fountainkeeper » 02 Dec 2010 11:31

In excitement for their upcoming Seattle gig, I thought I'd share some of my piano covers of Guardian:

-NEW- Sacred Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2HDaLJCjs
Battlefield http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzOr1IlQN24
Into the Storm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZV1FJukrs
Harvest of Sorrow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4tW-Urrfoo

I've done about ten more. If you can try to sit through the numerous painful mistakes and not-so-great audio quality, be my guest. I intend to go back and redo some of them with more practice and thought, as well as do more songs I haven't done yet. But all-in-all, these were made purely just for fun. Enjoy! :D

Update 12-07-10: After years of waiting, I finally saw Blind Guardian in concert. It was AMAZING!!!
Update 01-27-11: Harvest will have to wait, but I have Battlefield and Into the Storm MP3's up on my blog: http://skaploony.blogspot.com/p/piano-mp3s.html
Update 02-03-11: Harvest of Sorrow MP3 is up!
Update 05-31-13: After a long hiatus, I've finally made my 100th piano vid. It just had to be "Sacred Worlds" :)
Last edited by fountainkeeper on 02 Jun 2013 04:39, edited 6 times in total.

sharpened_graphite

Re: BG Piano Covers

#2 Post by sharpened_graphite » 02 Dec 2010 11:43

These are amazing! Always wondered how something heavy like "Into the Storm" would sound on the piano. It's surprising how not very unlike classical music some of it sounds. :)

t.a.j.

#3 Post by t.a.j. » 02 Dec 2010 12:22

Color me impressed.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Avelar

#4 Post by Avelar » 02 Dec 2010 16:53

Brilliant!!
The advantage of a piano over a guitar is that you can play rhythm and lead or vocals at the same time.
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Led Guardian

#5 Post by Led Guardian » 02 Dec 2010 17:51

I'm totally downloading some of these off of YouTube. They're amazing! Hope you don't mind. :)
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Desert_Storm

#6 Post by Desert_Storm » 02 Dec 2010 18:05

Avelar wrote:Brilliant!!
The advantage of a piano over a typical electric guitar as played in the average rock and metal band is that you can play rhythm and lead or vocals at the same time.
I fixed that for you :)
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Led Guardian

#7 Post by Led Guardian » 02 Dec 2010 18:09

Yeah, I was definitely thinking of those people who play their fretboard like a piano.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Desert_Storm

#8 Post by Desert_Storm » 02 Dec 2010 18:20

Led Guardian wrote:Yeah, I was definitely thinking of those people who play their fretboard like a piano.
I meant of course classical (also flamenco and some fingerstyle) guitar where you almost exclusively have multiple voices played on one guitar.
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

majesty

#9 Post by majesty » 02 Dec 2010 20:30

This is awesome! Great job, I´m really impressed :shock:
The Lights are up,
Now let the play begin!

*Why save the world when you can rule it? And why touch the ground when you can fly away to dreams...?*

Led Guardian

#10 Post by Led Guardian » 02 Dec 2010 22:19

Desert_Storm wrote:
Led Guardian wrote:Yeah, I was definitely thinking of those people who play their fretboard like a piano.
I meant of course classical (also flamenco and some fingerstyle) guitar where you almost exclusively have multiple voices played on one guitar.
I wasn't clear, sorry. I figured that's what you meant, but I myself was thinking of what a said. Obviously. :roll: :P

Herr Inoddorell

#11 Post by Herr Inoddorell » 02 Dec 2010 23:52

Thank you for share. Some of them are really amazing! 8)

Valkyrja

#12 Post by Valkyrja » 03 Dec 2010 02:06

Oh wow! Into the Storm was excellent. I didn't realize I was holding my breath at the end until it was over and I exhaled. Brilliant work, keep them coming! :D

bestpike

#13 Post by bestpike » 03 Dec 2010 02:09

Good job Fountain Keeper. Your new Battlefield cover must be your best one I believe.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

fountainkeeper

#14 Post by fountainkeeper » 03 Dec 2010 07:05

Led Guardian wrote:I'm totally downloading some of these off of YouTube. They're amazing! Hope you don't mind. :)
No, not at all. I'll be putting MP3's up in the future, anyway. And thank you! :)

The Maiden Traez

#15 Post by The Maiden Traez » 04 Dec 2010 18:29

fountainkeeper wrote:No, not at all. I'll be putting MP3's up in the future, anyway. And thank you! :)
Please let us know on here when you do. I will most definitely be downloading them, because these are absolutely fantastic. As a cover artist and a piano player myself, I have a lot of respect for what you've accomplished there. I got CHILLS. Extremely well done!!
I hear Hansi's voice when angels sing...

~*Follower*~ ~*MySpace*~ ~*last.fm*~
"I enjoy my own invention of illusions and the ones implied by storytellers, movies etc.. Do I believe in it? I believe in music and I believe in the positive vibes of a story. It is part of my reality. If it is only a job for me? Ask my wife." ~ Hansi Kürsch

fountainkeeper

#16 Post by fountainkeeper » 07 Dec 2010 01:22

The Maiden Traez wrote: Please let us know on here when you do. I will most definitely be downloading them, because these are absolutely fantastic. As a cover artist and a piano player myself, I have a lot of respect for what you've accomplished there. I got CHILLS. Extremely well done!!
Thank you so much!! :D
I'll certainly let this forum post know when I do.

Lord_Of_Noldor

#17 Post by Lord_Of_Noldor » 22 Dec 2010 01:27

The quality as definitely improved since your first videos, i hope too see A LOT more guardian piano covers :D
Iron maiden and metallica have piano tribute albums, if they was ever a blind guardian one, fountainkeeper definitely would be the man for the job!!!
The vision fades there is no sanctuary,
What will go up surely comes down!

http://www.facebook.com/gaz.the.jester
http://youtube.com/gazbg123 - too see my blind guardian uploads ;)

fountainkeeper

#18 Post by fountainkeeper » 28 Jan 2011 07:54

Like I promised, MP3's are available here! :)
http://home.comcast.net/~darkfountain/s ... 27s_Music/

Harvest of Sorrow will have to wait a little while, and I don't have MP3's to any of my earlier songs. If you really want those, I guess I don't mind you ripping them.

fountainkeeper

#19 Post by fountainkeeper » 01 Jun 2013 08:33

It's been too long since I've done a video. The last year of college can do serious damage to one's so-called "life." Well fellow Bards, I'm glad to say I have returned from hiatus with my 100th piano video:
Sacred Worlds. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2HDaLJCjs)

brazilian_bard

#20 Post by brazilian_bard » 03 Jul 2013 22:08

Led Guardian wrote:
Desert_Storm wrote:
I wasn't clear, sorry. I figured that's what you meant, but I myself was thinking of what a said. Obviously. :roll: :P
Such as Michael Hedges (r.i.p), Stanley Jordan and a guy named Marcinho Eiras (Brazilian). Look for them on youtube and you'll see. It's amazing how they can take so much musicality from just one instrument. In the case of Marcinho,he uses two guitars, one with each arm. It's worth taking a look :wink:

Here in my job I can't reach youtube, but I will take a look on your videos as long as I arrive at home, in a few hours. I'm curious.