Last two albums

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
alvarometal

Last two albums

#1 Post by alvarometal » 22 Nov 2010 11:38

Hi, i´m very dissapointed with the last two albums, i don´t know why the sound of the drums have forgotten the cymbals, maybe cause there´s no Thomen Stauch anymore...

The production it´s very sad for a band like this, i hope it will come back the days of imaginations,nightfall cause this was my favorite band for too many years and the first band that i saw in stage and it´s very sad to listening the level of the last two albums,at least Edge of time is better than A twist in the myth.

bestpike

Re: Last two albums

#2 Post by bestpike » 22 Nov 2010 14:08

The last 2 albums are very good, especially Ateot makes it easily to the top 4. Something must be wrong with you :P
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

spamel

#3 Post by spamel » 22 Nov 2010 16:31

Well, both posts so far have been a matter of opinion, I am inclined to agree that they are both good albums though. I can't think complaining about not liking something on a forum will help you enjoy it any more though! I don't think that last sentence was a very good example of English either, but I am English and eroding our own language into an unreadable and unintelligible mess seems to be all the rage here at the moment so I will leave it as it stands! :roll:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Juk

#4 Post by Juk » 22 Nov 2010 17:47

I am not a big fan of ATitM, but i really, really love the last album. The production is very good (if you take out the beeps, of course) and the drums sound fine.

Sacred Worlds and Wheel of Time are on my top 5 BG ranking. I cant wait for the orchestral album.

somnia

#5 Post by somnia » 23 Nov 2010 00:14

At the Edge of Time is almost as good as Nightfall actually.
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

thrashinbatman

#6 Post by thrashinbatman » 24 Nov 2010 05:06

Forgot the cymbals? I think the cymbal's are in both albums just fine.

teo_guardian

#7 Post by teo_guardian » 24 Nov 2010 07:00

Why do you care so much about production??
i really can't understand how the production can ruin something if that something is so great by itself..
and we are talking about details on the production not big things....

So you are not listening to these great songs,these great compositions with such wonderful lyrics because
the cymbals have not exactly the sound you would prefer???
then don't go to the concerts also.the sound on the concerts is 100000000 worse than a CD ,it also has mistakes from the players ,it also has 30 less vocal and guitar lines and it is sang one octave lower in a lot of parts.

You are spending a lot of time on meaningless things and you forget the important:Does this song rock like hell?

Led Guardian

#8 Post by Led Guardian » 24 Nov 2010 07:41

teo_guardian wrote:Why do you care so much about production??
i really can't understand how the production can ruin something if that something is so great by itself..
and we are talking about details on the production not big things....

So you are not listening to these great songs,these great compositions with such wonderful lyrics because
the cymbals have not exactly the sound you would prefer???
then don't go to the concerts also.the sound on the concerts is 100000000 worse than a CD ,it also has mistakes from the players ,it also has 30 less vocal and guitar lines and it is sang one octave lower in a lot of parts.

You are spending a lot of time on meaningless things and you forget the important:Does this song rock like hell?
Agree mostly, but muddy, fuzzy production can harm my impression of music and leave me thinking "Man, this could have been orgasmic if the sound was good." It can be a turn off. And can you deny the amazing thrill of blasting that perfectly balanced song? :D
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

teo_guardian

#9 Post by teo_guardian » 24 Nov 2010 08:26

yeah i agree that with better production you got better sound but if a kickass song has not sooo good production that's not a reason for not listening to it..because that song is giving you some things that no other song in the world can give you.Some songs may have better elements...you may like more some songs than this one..BUT.they'll never give you the exact things this song gives you.musicaly and lyricaly..you understand what i'm saying?Every good song is a Trap!it traps your mind..you can't do anything.the production is shit but you listen to it because you need it.

T3hOverlord

#10 Post by T3hOverlord » 25 Nov 2010 00:29

the production on Imaginations From The Other Side was terrible, probably the worst production quality one of their albums ever had. lol

bestpike

#11 Post by bestpike » 25 Nov 2010 03:52

I never have yet thought about separating my listening experience to sections, like the production etc. I just listen to the whole thing without thinking 'oh damn the production sucks', or 'it would sound better if the production was better'.The only exceptions were Curse My Name, in which I edited out the beep, and the jitters in Wheel of Time but I'm used to it now. But apart from obvious mistakes like the aforementioned songs, I don't feel like something needs to sound different than the artist himself intended it to sound.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

pingu53

#12 Post by pingu53 » 25 Nov 2010 19:56

The production of the newest album is the best since SFB....you can actually hear the guitars!

thrashinbatman

#13 Post by thrashinbatman » 26 Nov 2010 05:58

pingu53 wrote:The production of the newest album is the best since SFB....you can actually hear the guitars!
That was a bad problem in ANATO, at least for Marcus. You could hear Andre fine, it was Marcus you couldn't hear.

The Rider Of Rohan

#14 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 26 Nov 2010 18:09

pingu53 wrote:The production of the newest album is the best since SFB....you can actually hear the guitars!
The production of SFB is pretty mediocre by today's standards. Both IFTOS and NIME sounded a lot better.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

t.a.j.

#15 Post by t.a.j. » 28 Nov 2010 13:06

teo_guardian wrote: then don't go to the concerts also.the sound on the concerts is 100000000 worse than a CD ,it also has mistakes from the players ,it also has 30 less vocal and guitar lines and it is sang one octave lower in a lot of parts.
Live conditions tend to improve the more overproduced songs. Most of ANATO only became good in the live versions. Case in point: Under The Ice & The Soulforged.
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

teo_guardian

#16 Post by teo_guardian » 28 Nov 2010 13:40

Anyway what i said about the live versions is not right...we were talking about how production makes it more bombastic or better in some ways.In that case live conditions tend to make you feel the songs waaaay more powerful than the originals.so
what i said about live before is wrong

and t.a.j. i think it's not only on the overproduced ones..it's in all songs...If you are there on the gig every song sounds 10 times more powerful than the original from the CD.

teo_guardian

#17 Post by teo_guardian » 28 Nov 2010 13:42

I 'm dying to hear "Waiting for Eternity" live...to feel it 10 times more powerful!! :)