ATITM is the best BG album, besides every other BG

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
SomeEurosHateAmerica

ATITM is the best BG album, besides every other BG

#1 Post by SomeEurosHateAmerica » 28 Sep 2010 00:31

I didn't really like it. Just my opinion. Anyone else agree?

By the way, is there another way to engage in a conversation about ATiTM besides making ANOTHER thread about it?

Andreas

Re: ATITM is the best BG album, besides every other BG

#2 Post by Andreas » 28 Sep 2010 02:09

Let's just say I enjoyed ATITM like I enjoyed IftOS, and enjoy it even more than SFB. So no, I don't agree with you.

wade-newb

#3 Post by wade-newb » 28 Sep 2010 09:32

I'm listening to it right now, and I realised one thing... I like it... A LOT :twisted:
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Raistlin Majere

#4 Post by Raistlin Majere » 28 Sep 2010 10:54

SomeEurosHateAmerica wrote:I didn't really like it. Just my opinion. Anyone else agree?

By the way, is there another way to engage in a conversation about ATiTM besides making ANOTHER thread about it?
If you didn't like it, why do you say that it's the best in the title of this topic???? :roll:

I liked it... but I don't consider it the best one.

I prefer ATEOT, IFTOS, and NIME.... that doesn't mean that ATITM is bad though.
----------------------------
If my post doesn't make sense, just consider that I post for postcount!

bestpike

#5 Post by bestpike » 28 Sep 2010 11:20

Atitm has its own unique and awesome ideas, they just aren't as epic as the albums since Iftos and after. All in all, a worthy album of the name of BG and their spirit, and surely not a disgrace or a mistake.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Mahoora

#6 Post by Mahoora » 28 Sep 2010 15:12

Indeed, ATITM is still amazing and epic with a lot of mind blowing and prog Ideas. I concider it as a normal developpement of the bards music writing, that's why I hate all this new AtEoT reviews that says "BG are back after a lousy or fail album" (in this sense, not literarely) ATITM is surely a worthy BG album :|
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.
You can't take it with you. act III,scene I

Desert_Storm

#7 Post by Desert_Storm » 28 Sep 2010 16:33

Raistlin Majere wrote: If you didn't like it, why do you say that it's the best in the title of this topic???? :roll:
Actually, what he said, was "besides", in the meaning "except for" (I assume)
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

SomeEurosHateAmerica

#8 Post by SomeEurosHateAmerica » 28 Sep 2010 17:44

Desert_Storm wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote: If you didn't like it, why do you say that it's the best in the title of this topic???? :roll:
Actually, what he said, was "besides", in the meaning "except for" (I assume)
You are correct, sir.

thrashinbatman

#9 Post by thrashinbatman » 04 Oct 2010 03:40

It's definitely their worst, although you can't really say it's BAD, just doesn't meet the standard of the rest. It did have a lot to live up to, considering IFTOS, NIME, and ANATO came before it.

T3hOverlord

#10 Post by T3hOverlord » 04 Oct 2010 05:33

i really disagree. it has a lot of great gems on it, sure it takes a few listens, but its well worth it. I find Battalions of Fear to be the worst album by far. The demo versions of the songs were all better than the finished studio versions. the demo for run for the night was way better than the finished product, as was the demo for majesty

Bard

#11 Post by Bard » 04 Oct 2010 13:17

It has a very special place for me and it's not fair in my opinion to compare an album that sounds so much different compared to their previous stuff. Alll i know is that I loved ANATO so damn much that everything Guardian has released past it feels boring.

spamel

#12 Post by spamel » 04 Oct 2010 14:50

I sometimes wonder if people who say their later albums are rubbish are actually interested in the wrong band? Their style has changed over the years but their albums are consistently good. If you want to hear a crap band, try D-Rok!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Bard

#13 Post by Bard » 04 Oct 2010 15:09

I never said it was rubbish. I said it felt boring when I try to compare them. I usually don't like the concept of putting Guardian albums against each other because they're all pretty darn unique and I love that. The latest two albums just didn't do it for me like NIME or ANATO did but they're still good albums. They can't please everyone :)

spamel

#14 Post by spamel » 04 Oct 2010 15:18

Bard wrote:I never said it was rubbish. I said it felt boring when I try to compare them. I usually don't like the concept of putting Guardian albums against each other because they're all pretty darn unique and I love that. The latest two albums just didn't do it for me like NIME or ANATO did but they're still good albums. They can't please everyone :)
I wasn't singling you out, don't worry! I am just amazed that people talk about their later albums as if they are total rubbish, and it isn't true. They are good albums, with strong songs and good production. Ok, so there were some mistakes made on the last album that have bothered a lot of people, but musically it is a terrific album.
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Goldfax

#15 Post by Goldfax » 04 Oct 2010 15:28

I've not read all the answers of this topic. Nonetheless, I have to say that, even if A Twist in the Myth is not the best, it's a good album, with good percusive songs. Compared to A Night at the Opera, that I dislike the most (I find it extremely emphatic). I think that ATITM is the beginning of something, like a rebirth of the band. At the Edge of Time really shapes the work that had begun with ATITM, I think. Perhaps can I say that ATITM is a sort of draft of ATEOT...

Bard

#16 Post by Bard » 04 Oct 2010 19:11

spamel wrote:
Bard wrote:I never said it was rubbish. I said it felt boring when I try to compare them. I usually don't like the concept of putting Guardian albums against each other because they're all pretty darn unique and I love that. The latest two albums just didn't do it for me like NIME or ANATO did but they're still good albums. They can't please everyone :)
I wasn't singling you out, don't worry! I am just amazed that people talk about their later albums as if they are total rubbish, and it isn't true. They are good albums, with strong songs and good production. Ok, so there were some mistakes made on the last album that have bothered a lot of people, but musically it is a terrific album.

The curse of opinions! :P