OFFICIAL SETLIST TOPIC

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
corrupted old gnom

Re: OFFICIAL SETLIST TOPIC

#401 Post by corrupted old gnom » 18 Oct 2010 17:27

love the brno setlist!
wisdom starts where knowledge ends

Vandorn

#402 Post by Vandorn » 18 Oct 2010 22:55

It's really great to see they change the setlist that often and also play rather uncommon songs!
Bravo.

Led Guardian

#403 Post by Led Guardian » 18 Oct 2010 23:07

teo_guardian wrote:What did they do on the chorus of Blood Tears???
Here in Athens last year Hansi was not singing the main melody and it was really bad!
I would prefer it if he was singing one whole octave down that part cause it's this specific melody that has the whole greatness but he was just singing a different melody a bit lower..all the greatness of the chorus was gone :-(
I saw a live video, and he was doing a lower descending melody, not the one on the album.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

flojuve

#404 Post by flojuve » 19 Oct 2010 13:23

And again,
extremely small stage in Brno => no video => no wheel of time...

But really a great setlist!! I hope they will play Time what is Time at their concert in Berlin!!

Armehtar

#405 Post by Armehtar » 20 Oct 2010 12:48

Warsaw, 19.10.10
1. Sacred Worlds
2. Welcome To Dying
3. Born In A Mourning Hall
4. Nightfall
5. Fly
6. Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
7. The Quest For Tanelorn
8. Majesty
9. A Past And Future Secret
10. Turn The Page
11. Tanelorn (Into the Void)
12. Imaginations From The Other Side
Encore:
13. Wheel of Time
14. The Bard's Song - In The Forest
15. Valhalla
16. Lord Of The Rings
17. Mirror Mirror

Avelar

#406 Post by Avelar » 20 Oct 2010 19:14

My dreams about The Script and Silence in Warsaw were unfruitful, but we got The Quest For Tanelorn and Turn The Page there, and I was happy about it.

Maybe my statement about the superiority of italian fans was made too early :roll: The support of Polish metalheads was probably not better, but very, very close :!:
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

Evil Peter

#407 Post by Evil Peter » 21 Oct 2010 01:24

I'm getting really amped reading the setlists that have been played this far. My only big hope is that they will play Wheel of Time in Stockholm. Other than that I'll be more than happy with whatever they decide to play.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

pingu53

#408 Post by pingu53 » 21 Oct 2010 02:10

wonder if they'll ever play another song from BoF :cry:

Juk

#409 Post by Juk » 21 Oct 2010 06:05

They MUST play Wheel of Time when they come to Sao Paulo, period. :P

Seriously, I would be very disappointed without it, it is probably my favorite song ever.

flojuve

#410 Post by flojuve » 21 Oct 2010 19:08

Setlist Berlin (Huxleys)

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
Mordred's Song
Majesty (instead of Goodbye my Friend)
A Past And Future Secret
This Will Never End
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Imaginations From The Other Side
Encore:
Wheel of Time
The Bard's Song - In The Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror

I have to say that for ME, this setlist was really great. Maybe I would add Time what is Time and Bright Eyes... but well, I´m happy they played Mordred´s Song (for the second time on this show)! Ah... to the ones who want This will never End in the setlist: Played live, this song rocks!!
Great show, excellent sound quality and a brilliant Hansi made this concert become the best BG concert i´ve ever been on!
Thanks to the guys who supported me screaming for Majesty. And thanks to Hansi who changed the setlist only for us!!

Avelar

#411 Post by Avelar » 21 Oct 2010 19:13

What?! Majesty instead of Goodbye My Friend?!! You are crazy!!!
In Poland they changed the set list too, because people were shouting for Majesty. They could play Goodbye My Friend in Warsaw :cry: shit

Dragonfly

#412 Post by Dragonfly » 21 Oct 2010 19:36

Indeed, I think "Goodbye My Friend" for me is greater than "Majesty"... though they both are excellent
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Evil Peter

#413 Post by Evil Peter » 21 Oct 2010 23:12

Just saw pictures from Klubben, where BG will play at in Stockholm. Unfortunately it looks small, which should mean that they won't play Wheel of Time. That's disappointing.

LeBard

#414 Post by LeBard » 21 Oct 2010 23:22

Evil Peter wrote:Just saw pictures from Klubben, where BG will play at in Stockholm. Unfortunately it looks small, which should mean that they won't play Wheel of Time. That's disappointing.
Klubben has a capacity of 800 people (standing), if that is any indication of the actual size of the venue that's a good thing. Considering they played Wheel of Time at Z7 Konzertfabrik, which only has place for 500 people.
edit: Just for fun, here's a pro video from 2003 on the very same stage that Blind Guardian will perform on. And well, it looks a bit crowded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMYQtnq2dFw

Vandorn

#415 Post by Vandorn » 21 Oct 2010 23:30

LeBard wrote:
Evil Peter wrote:Just saw pictures from Klubben, where BG will play at in Stockholm. Unfortunately it looks small, which should mean that they won't play Wheel of Time. That's disappointing.
Klubben has a capacity of 800 people (standing), if that is any indication of the actual size of the venue that's a good thing. Considering they played Wheel of Time at Z7 Konzertfabrik, which only has place for 500 people.
edit: Just for fun, here's a pro video from 2003 on the very same stage that Blind Guardian will perform on. And well, it looks a bit crowded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMYQtnq2dFw
Actually the Z7 holds about 2000 people and is pretty big...

LeBard

#416 Post by LeBard » 21 Oct 2010 23:35

Vandorn wrote:
LeBard wrote:
Actually the Z7 holds about 2000 people and is pretty big...
Oh, I googled the venue + "capacity" and the first hit was something about Kamelot having a 500 capacity, but it was poorly worded. It had something to do with something entirely else.
In that case... no Robert Jordan songs in Stockholm, perhaps. :(

Evil Peter

#417 Post by Evil Peter » 21 Oct 2010 23:39

LeBard wrote:
Unfortunately it seems like BG has taken a step down from when I last saw them since they played at Arenan back then. That stage is clearly larger.

Avelar

#418 Post by Avelar » 21 Oct 2010 23:46

I'm sure Wheel Of Time will be played regardless of a venue size. Stodola was small too, but WoT was played and it still was grandiosely!

Evil Peter

#419 Post by Evil Peter » 22 Oct 2010 00:41

Avelar wrote:I'm sure Wheel Of Time will be played regardless of a venue size. Stodola was small too, but WoT was played and it still was grandiosely!
I really hope you will be correct for that gig. Other than that people seem to have guessed that WoT is only played when they have more room for all their equipment I actually prefer a smaller venue so you can get a more intimate experience.

Gwaeron

#420 Post by Gwaeron » 22 Oct 2010 09:05

Wow, Time What Is Time AND Goodbye My Friend in Osnabrück... Still keeping my fingers crossed for Time What Is Time at the Stockholm show. :D

Webmaster
Site Admin

#421 Post by Webmaster » 22 Oct 2010 10:07

Avelar wrote:I'm sure Wheel Of Time will be played regardless of a venue size. Stodola was small too, but WoT was played and it still was grandiosely!
But did they use the video screens in Stodola? I think that if they can't use the video screens, like in Bremen, then they won't play WoT.

notimportant

#422 Post by notimportant » 22 Oct 2010 10:38

Webmaster wrote:
But did they use the video screens in Stodola? I think that if they can't use the video screens, like in Bremen, then they won't play WoT.
Yes they did.

Avelar

#423 Post by Avelar » 22 Oct 2010 12:10

I didn't know that there was no video screen in Bremen. I've thought that all venues on this tour were selected considering their ability to accommodate the video screen, and Stodola's stage had just enough space to do this. Thus, if Klubben is as small as Aladin in Bremen, then Wheel Of Time won't be played for sure. But hey, you will get ATTWS instead, not a bad replacement, if you ask me :wink:

Evil Peter

#424 Post by Evil Peter » 22 Oct 2010 13:03

Avelar wrote:I didn't know that there was no video screen in Bremen. I've thought that all venues on this tour were selected considering their ability to accommodate the video screen, and Stodola's stage had just enough space to do this. Thus, if Klubben is as small as Aladin in Bremen, then Wheel Of Time won't be played for sure. But hey, you will get ATTWS instead, not a bad replacement, if you ask me :wink:
Not bad in itself but I've already heard that one live. ;)

Kalmari

#425 Post by Kalmari » 22 Oct 2010 14:22

In 5 minutes taxi cab arrives and I'm leaving to the ferry, that sails to Stockholm to see BG! :mrgreen: It's going to be my first BG gig, and I'm going to cry in the end of the show.

/,,/ Hail the bards! :D

AncientMartin

#426 Post by AncientMartin » 23 Oct 2010 00:43

Just got back from the gig in Gothenburg, just amazing, Hansi's voice was in top form :D
4 songs from ATEOT was played :)

Orodaran

#427 Post by Orodaran » 23 Oct 2010 00:47

Lucky you!
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

AncientMartin

#428 Post by AncientMartin » 23 Oct 2010 00:55

Orodaran wrote:Lucky you!
Best BG show i've been to, sound was awesome
setlist included time what is time :)

Evil Peter

#429 Post by Evil Peter » 23 Oct 2010 01:17

Sounds very promising since the Stockholm gig will be very similar in size. Hopefully they'll bring another great setlist as well.

AncientMartin

#430 Post by AncientMartin » 23 Oct 2010 01:27

Evil Peter wrote:Sounds very promising since the Stockholm gig will be very similar in size. Hopefully they'll bring another great setlist as well.
i wish i could go there too, would be nice :)

Snooz

#431 Post by Snooz » 23 Oct 2010 23:35

Stockholm

BA-BA-BA-BARBARA ANN!! BA-BA-BA-BARBARA ANN!!

Led Guardian

#432 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Oct 2010 23:45

Barbara Ann? Really? Why?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

runez

#433 Post by runez » 24 Oct 2010 00:46

Barbara Ann and Otherland tonight. Of all the bands I've been following over the past few years, no band has changed their setlist as much as BG are starting to. Awesome.

bestpike

#434 Post by bestpike » 24 Oct 2010 00:47

Led Guardian wrote:Barbara Ann? Really? Why?
To remember the old times!
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Traveller in Time

#435 Post by Traveller in Time » 24 Oct 2010 01:41

runez wrote:Barbara Ann and Otherland tonight. Of all the bands I've been following over the past few years, no band has changed their setlist as much as BG are starting to. Awesome.
COOL :shock:
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Gandalf de Grijze

#436 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 24 Oct 2010 03:03

Otherland and Barbara Ann are awesome, but if what i read in the Majesty in stockholm topic is true.. you guys are so royally screwed...
fuck majesty! changing wheel of time for Majesty sucks any day of the week
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Led Guardian

#437 Post by Led Guardian » 24 Oct 2010 03:42

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:Otherland and Barbara Ann are awesome, but if what i read in the Majesty in stockholm topic is true.. you guys are so royally screwed...
fuck majesty! changing wheel of time for Majesty sucks any day of the week
Yeah, if crowd chanting is that powerful, I really hope that the crowds at the shows I attend don't start chanting for Majesty to replace songs like Wheel of Time. I mean come on, Wheel of Time is one of the best new songs I've heard in a long time, and is one of BG's best. They haven't written anything else like it.

Evil Peter

#438 Post by Evil Peter » 24 Oct 2010 11:24

It was an awesome show and BG really seemed to be on top of things. I don't think I've seen them better before, neither live or on video.

I'm happy with the set list as well, even though they didn't play Wheel of Time. Too bad if it was replaced by Majesty due to a technical error. Not that Majesty isn't a great song but Wheel of Time is better and a fresh experience. But in any case, as good as the show was I'm not really in any position to complain. Great to see a show with you favorite band, that you've also already seen live, and still be surprised at how good they could be. :D

Avelar

#439 Post by Avelar » 24 Oct 2010 12:42

I envy you. Would love to hear Barbara Ann and Otherland live as well. All in all, a very good set list. Probably the best from the whole tour so far, with Another Holy War, Lost In The Twilight Hall and two songs from Opera (didn't hear any during the four gigs I've been to).

Is it true that Otherland was played just the second time live? The only one was at Wacken 2007?

LeBard

#440 Post by LeBard » 24 Oct 2010 12:46

Evil Peter wrote:It was an awesome show and BG really seemed to be on top of things. I don't think I've seen them better before, neither live or on video.

I'm happy with the set list as well, even though they didn't play Wheel of Time. Too bad if it was replaced by Majesty due to a technical error. Not that Majesty isn't a great song but Wheel of Time is better and a fresh experience. But in any case, as good as the show was I'm not really in any position to complain. Great to see a show with you favorite band, that you've also already seen live, and still be surprised at how good they could be. :D
Great show, what struck me most was that Hansi really liked to talk between songs this time around. Seemed to have really fun on stage, like when he tried to make us chant Ba-ba-ba-barbara Ann and had this look of disbelief, and said something like: "Wow you guys are really sloppy. Or is it my fault? etc."

I'm really happy about the show and set-list, apart from being pretty bummed out that we missed Wheel of Time for Majesty. And it might be because I wasn't in the middle of the arena but on the left flank, but I think the audience was better in 2006, when we got several Valhalla-moments without any "help" from the band. I also stood between two fuck-wits that seemed to be more annoyed than than happy. No. Reaction. At. All; they simply stood there. Not even during the nana part of ATTWS did they have the decency to actually do something. One of them started screaming "Mirror, Mirror" near the end, yeah, I bet they won't play that song and when they did, he freaked out. Banged his head a little. Then 5 minutes later, during Barbara Ann, he went back into zombie-mode. Didn't help that they seemed annoyed at me for actually enjoying the show.

Next time I'll make sure to stand closer to the stage in the mud and blood.

Evil Peter

#441 Post by Evil Peter » 24 Oct 2010 15:01

Good to see that you managed to get a ticket, LeBard. Hope you didn't have to fork out too much for it.

I was slightly to the left of the center in the third row so where I stood the crowd was really good although I didn't really have much view over anything else than the front lines.

It was quite easy to make the train as well, I even had time to stop to get something to eat. The only thing that bothers me now is how I can see them again without having to wait four years for another album tour (or more as the orchestral project might delay the next normal album)?

LeBard

#442 Post by LeBard » 24 Oct 2010 15:46

Evil Peter wrote:Good to see that you managed to get a ticket, LeBard. Hope you didn't have to fork out too much for it.

I was slightly to the left of the center in the third row so where I stood the crowd was really good although I didn't really have much view over anything else than the front lines.

It was quite easy to make the train as well, I even had time to stop to get something to eat. The only thing that bothers me now is how I can see them again without having to wait four years for another album tour (or more as the orchestral project might delay the next normal album)?
Heh, I spent the whole Friday spamming Eventim and various boards, begging and pleading for a ticket. In the end, it was Eventim that actually put out more tickets. Not sure why, when I got to the "ordering" stage I saw that there were 6 tickets left (since the max amount you can order should be 8 ). When I was done ordering, there were 0 tickets. That was in the span of like, 3 minutes.

Great to see such a demand for tickets. Maybe they should play at the arena next time.

And about the crowd, from my point you could literally see the line where the enthusiastic fans ended and the less so enthusiastic fans started. Sadly, I stood in that line, and I'm too modest to use my elbows to battle my way into the centre.

And I feel the same way, I can't wait 4 years until next time. :( Me and a friend already started making vague plans for Wacken next year.

Skrymir

#443 Post by Skrymir » 24 Oct 2010 16:43

Is it true that Otherland was played just the second time live? The only one was at Wacken 2007?
No, not true.^^
They played it on the Twist-Tour, e.g. in Krefeld.

Kalmari

#444 Post by Kalmari » 24 Oct 2010 20:41

One out of my top 5 missions of life is completed: seeing Blind Guardian live. :)
We had a nice group of bards and we came with the Finland-Sweden ferry to Stockholm,
where the BG concert was going to happen.
Something to describe the concert? Unbeliveable..
They played all my favorite songs, I got to the first row (even though the pressure of the 800 people pushing me to the metal barrier didn't feel nice ;)) and I shaked hands with Hansi about 5 times. :D
I also took off my shoe and showed him I had the same ones as he did, afterspotting it Hansi and Marcus bursted into laugh. After the show he shaked my hand once again and told him he had a little bit higher heels.;)
I also took a Finnish flag which I threw to the stage at the end ofthe show and Hansi put it to the drum raiser.
After the show I was exhausted and I think all my friends were as well,
but with my head full of fresh, amazing memories and a setlist they handed me from the stage, I couldn't feel more happy.
All praise Blind Guardian! /,,/ :)

Webmaster
Site Admin

#445 Post by Webmaster » 25 Oct 2010 08:03

AncientMartin wrote:Just got back from the gig in Gothenburg, just amazing, Hansi's voice was in top form :D
4 songs from ATEOT was played :)
Do you happen to remember the exact set list? Seems to be some confusion over on setlist.fm as to the ordering of the songs:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 50a36.html

Maybe you can fix it up a little?

clumsyninja

#446 Post by clumsyninja » 27 Oct 2010 23:00

Turn the Page
The Soulforged
Otherland
Mirror Mirror
Nightfall
The Bard's Song
Fly
Another Stranger Me
War of the Thrones

the first three are songs I really want to see them play. The others are ones that I also would like to see.

Orodaran

#447 Post by Orodaran » 27 Oct 2010 23:12

Did you notice that for the past 9 pages we collected official setlists actually played at show, rather than a wishlist? :P
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

clumsyninja

#448 Post by clumsyninja » 27 Oct 2010 23:23

balls, I misread the topic :(

turns out I posted it in the wrong thread...meant to put it in the "Dream Setlist" thread...but of course, I put it in the wrong setlist thread.

Led Guardian

#449 Post by Led Guardian » 03 Nov 2010 06:27

Another ATTWS and WoT in the same show! I so dearly hope that that happens at one of my shows...

Gandalf de Grijze

#450 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 03 Nov 2010 20:18

AND 17 in stead of 16 songs
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com