OFFICIAL SETLIST TOPIC

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Bartn

Re: OFFICIAL SETLIST TOPIC

#101 Post by Bartn » 26 Sep 2010 14:28

deinze is much closer for us; only 45 minutes (hof ter lo is 1.5 hours depending on traffic). Enforcer didn't come and nobody was bothered to tell us. I didn't sing during the bard's song; i was to depressed :( I have my tickets since the 12th of januari; so i was looking forward to this day for quite some time.

_Alimonia_

#102 Post by _Alimonia_ » 26 Sep 2010 14:37

Bartn wrote:deinze is much closer for us; only 45 minutes (hof ter lo is 1.5 hours depending on traffic). Enforcer didn't come and nobody was bothered to tell us. I didn't sing during the bard's song; i was to depressed :( I have my tickets since the 12th of januari; so i was looking forward to this day for quite some time.
A couple days before the show of the 013 i saw it on the last.fm page that Enforce had canceled. No replace. Nothing :|
Well i am sorry you were depressed, but do you feel better if tell you i song in your place? :wink:

High expectations are mostly never good. I have the feeling the party in the 013 was much much better!

Shadow_Zero

#103 Post by Shadow_Zero » 26 Sep 2010 15:02

On that note, it was kinda odd yes that the venue itself didn't say anything about the cancellation of Enforcer (also in Tilburg). I knew from the internet, but if you don't check that, how are you supposed to know? Steelwing started half an hour too late (annoying!) and just played their half hour and BG played ~1:50, so timewise they didn't fill up the Enforcer slot either unfortunately (unless they planned to start half an hour later, which they could've informed us about as well -_- ).

Bartn

#104 Post by Bartn » 26 Sep 2010 15:14

with us it was even worse; steelwing started 15 minutes early; and bg played about 1.40 so i was home very early :(
i really had the feeling they were playing just to get it over with

LeBard

#105 Post by LeBard » 26 Sep 2010 15:19

Bartn wrote:deinze is much closer for us; only 45 minutes (hof ter lo is 1.5 hours depending on traffic). Enforcer didn't come and nobody was bothered to tell us. I didn't sing during the bard's song; i was to depressed :( I have my tickets since the 12th of januari; so i was looking forward to this day for quite some time.
Man, you were a part of the problem.

bestpike

#106 Post by bestpike » 26 Sep 2010 15:21

Damn Belgians :P . When they come to Greece we're gonna burn the venue down like we do every time :D
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

drummer88

#107 Post by drummer88 » 26 Sep 2010 15:24

well I can't say anything about the first two concerts as I wasn't there, but I've just seen PUNSIHMENT DIVINE on youtube and I'm really impressed how well Fred plays this song....much, much closer to the studio recording than Thomen played it at Coburg, even though he recorded the song ...thumbs up Fred !!!!

edit: in the first line in the first chorus of wheel of time Hansi sounds really bad...feels as if his notes do not fit two the music there...he should definatly work on that
Last edited by drummer88 on 26 Sep 2010 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Bartn

#108 Post by Bartn » 26 Sep 2010 15:27

LeBard wrote:
Man, you were a part of the problem.
oh i sang during the first 50 minutes; every song!
but as soon as he said we've reached the end ...

LeBard

#109 Post by LeBard » 26 Sep 2010 15:31

Off Topic: I remember when I saw them for the first time in Stockholm. I was worried that the crowd would suck (Swedish people are kind of hit & miss when it comes to concerts; they can be zombies, they can be great) because I hate being in a mood-killer audience. The fact that Blind Guardian had to change venues to a smaller one didn't help either (due to low ticket sales), I think we were barely pushing 800 people.

I was like, yeah this is going to suck.

Boy was I wrong, best crowd ever. After some songs we started chanting the Valhalla, Deliverance, Why've you ever forgotten me-bit so Hansi said something like: "You really are the forefathers of Vikings aren't you?" and the atmosphere was great through and through. I really hope they will deliver again next month.

Phantom Lord

#110 Post by Phantom Lord » 26 Sep 2010 16:00

Heading off to London soon :D Will be my first BG show.

Hope they change the set a bit tho - majesty and bright eyes plz! :wink:

Joshua rain

#111 Post by Joshua rain » 26 Sep 2010 16:02

I've been to concerts in Belgium, always boring crowds, luckily 013 was just a great show with a great crowd, cant wait to see them again, what I really love about BG they dont fuck around with endless drumsolos and guitarsolos, they just keep playing songs, Hail to the Guardian!!

bestpike

#112 Post by bestpike » 26 Sep 2010 16:26

I think they are preparing another live album. Hansi sounds really good, and in some Tilburg songs some unsual for a live high pitched singing. They want to keep us occupied until the next regular studio album :P , which Hansi said will be 4 years after the orchestral project, so like 2016-17. Patience is the key here! :lol:
Forever to be free

Joshua rain

#113 Post by Joshua rain » 26 Sep 2010 17:35

bestpike wrote:I think they are preparing another live album. Hansi sounds really good, and in some Tilburg songs some unsual for a live high pitched singing. They want to keep us occupied until the next regular studio album :P , which Hansi said will be 4 years after the orchestral project, so like 2016-17. Patience is the key here! :lol:
He does indeed sound great live!!! Hope there will ne a live album coming, hopefully the orchestral project wont take too long anymoe either

_Alimonia_

#114 Post by _Alimonia_ » 26 Sep 2010 17:53

Joshua rain wrote:I've been to concerts in Belgium, always boring crowds, luckily 013 was just a great show with a great crowd, cant wait to see them again
next time i will be in another country then ;)

Led Guardian

#115 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Sep 2010 18:07

drummer88 wrote:well I can't say anything about the first two concerts as I wasn't there, but I've just seen PUNSIHMENT DIVINE on youtube and I'm really impressed how well Fred plays this song....much, much closer to the studio recording than Thomen played it at Coburg, even though he recorded the song ...thumbs up Fred !!!!

edit: in the first line in the first chorus of wheel of time Hansi sounds really bad...feels as if his notes do not fit two the music there...he should definatly work on that
Could we get a link to that? I can't find the video on YouTube.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

drummer88

#116 Post by drummer88 » 26 Sep 2010 18:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtV0JufcBRM

the title is punishment d-e-vine ...he didn't spell it correctly^^

the easiest way to find the newest guardian vids is to type in blind guardian at youtube, then <suchoptionen> (german youtube) and after that you click on ,,hochgeladen am'' ...the list that appears afterwards starts with the video that was uploaded last, second last etc

Lilyael

#117 Post by Lilyael » 26 Sep 2010 18:49

I was at Tilburg and had a fantastic time. Sound could have been better, it's true, but I certainly didn't notice any coolness on the part of the audience or their reaction to certain songs, but then again I was in the crowd of people at the front enjoying ourselves, haha :mrgreen:
Sure, some of the songs on the setlist I could have done without; I would have loved Curse my Name, or Time Stands Still, instead of Punishment Divine, but, you can't please everybody all of the time, etc.
The bit where we wouldn't stop singing Valhalla was hilarious......and Hansi was right about the sore throat. I can barely swallow, mine's so bad! :cry: :twisted:

Definitely worth going all that way for, not just for the Bards, but all the people I met, you guys were awesome and made my stay so much better, really hope to meet you all again someday. 8)

Oh....and Marcus?...I still would! :D
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

NDS

#118 Post by NDS » 26 Sep 2010 19:15

Lilyael wrote: The bit where we wouldn't stop singing Valhalla was hilarious......
We had the same situation yesterday in Belgium. :lol:
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

blood_brother

#119 Post by blood_brother » 26 Sep 2010 19:17

Saw them in Deinze yesterday (6th time for me). It wasn't the best show from BG, but it wasn't bad either. Certainly not!
Ok the sound wasn't perfect and I would have changed some songs on the setlist, but the overall performance was still great.

Only with The Bard's song, Hansi sang much more lyrics than he used to :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSGhbm743F0
So maybe Hansi was indeed not very pleased with the crowd. Too bad, it ruined the live experience of the song.

Lilyael

#120 Post by Lilyael » 26 Sep 2010 20:10

bleh, I would rather hear Hansi sing than a bunch of out-of-tune fuckers anyday! But I didn't notice which of that song he sang, too busy singing it myself, and as far as I could see, the Bards loved us in Tilburg 8)
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

bestpike

#121 Post by bestpike » 26 Sep 2010 21:45

6:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYnZKfv3wM. Isn't that scream about the best you've heard in a live from Hansi? I envy the people who heard it live :evil:
Forever to be free

_Alimonia_

#122 Post by _Alimonia_ » 26 Sep 2010 22:26

blood_brother wrote: Only with The Bard's song, Hansi sang much more lyrics than he used to :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSGhbm743F0
So maybe Hansi was indeed not very pleased with the crowd. Too bad, it ruined the live experience of the song.
You can hear that there is a echo...Which Hansi maybe heard too. So he had to sing otherwise many people would notice it. No?

Avelar

#123 Post by Avelar » 26 Sep 2010 22:43

bestpike wrote:6:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYnZKfv3wM. Isn't that scream about the best you've heard in a live from Hansi? I envy the people who heard it live :evil:
:lol:

Judging by videos from Tilburg, Wheel Of Time was performed exceptionally well! A Voice In The Dark was good too, except vocals. Hansi should improve on this song.

I hope to see the set list from London soon.
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

bestpike

#124 Post by bestpike » 26 Sep 2010 22:53

Where are the London updates ffs :P
Forever to be free

Edain

#125 Post by Edain » 26 Sep 2010 22:53

Hansi seems to be in great form, judging from the live videos I've seen up to now (Sacred, Fly) - I refuse watching videos of the new songs live, I'm waiting for the shows here in Vienna and Brno. :)
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

Led Guardian

#126 Post by Led Guardian » 26 Sep 2010 23:01

The people in these videos are really out of tune.

I should feel right at home. :mrgreen:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Avelar

#127 Post by Avelar » 26 Sep 2010 23:08

Edain wrote:Hansi seems to be in great form, judging from the live videos I've seen up to now (Sacred, Fly) - I refuse watching videos of the new songs live, I'm waiting for the shows here in Vienna and Brno. :)
Yes, I agree, he is in a great form. Only sometimes he is slightly out of tune, which is more noticeable on the new songs. I think he will improve from concert to concert.

I've also noticed that Andre plays not his usual red ESP on A Voice In The Dark. Is it the first time he did so in a long period or I missed something? Didn't see many videos from the recent years.
Led Guardian wrote:The people in these videos are really out of tune.

I should feel right at home. :mrgreen:
Me too... :lol: :? :oops:
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

runez

#128 Post by runez » 27 Sep 2010 00:40

Just got back from London. They played Born In A Morning Hall and Times Stands Still instead of Bright Eyes and Another Holy War. Also they played IFTOS as the very last song. Mirror Mirror was the song before Punishment Divine.

LeBard

#129 Post by LeBard » 27 Sep 2010 00:50

runez wrote:Just got back from London. They played Born In A Morning Hall and Times Stands Still instead of Bright Eyes and Another Holy War. Also they played IFTOS as the very last song. Mirror Mirror was the song before Punishment Divine.
Wow, really? It's a brave new world.

Little Dragon

#130 Post by Little Dragon » 27 Sep 2010 00:51

setlist from london, as gandalf messaged me:

Sacred
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still
Traveller In Time
Valhalla
Lord Of The Rings
This Will Never Ends
A Voice In The Dark
Mirror Mirror

Encore:
Punishment Divine
Bard's Song: In The Forrest
Wheel Of Time
Imaginations From The Other Side

no warranty for being correct, since i was not there and just recived it via sms... ;)
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world

Edain

#131 Post by Edain » 27 Sep 2010 01:08

:shock:

Now if they actually start dropping Mirror, Mirror as their last song and kick - let's say - 2 old songs out and replace them with newer songs I would be really happy. :)
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

bilbox

#132 Post by bilbox » 27 Sep 2010 01:42

meh. If they dropped everything from ATitM and added songs from AtEoT I'd be happy as hell. Also, for my money, Mirror Mirror is the only song I want to see them play as the finale.

Ryu

#133 Post by Ryu » 27 Sep 2010 03:12

So these setlists are entirely boring and unexplorative. Excellent.
Defiant of destiny

bestpike

#134 Post by bestpike » 27 Sep 2010 03:20

Ryu wrote:So these setlists are entirely boring and unexplorative. Excellent.
Well, I can understand why they are doing this. They change the setlist little by little so they get used to it. I'm sure we will see more and more new songs in there each gig.
Forever to be free

Led Guardian

#135 Post by Led Guardian » 27 Sep 2010 03:31

bestpike wrote:
Ryu wrote:So these setlists are entirely boring and unexplorative. Excellent.
Well, I can understand why they are doing this. They change the setlist little by little so they get used to it. I'm sure we will see more and more new songs in there each gig.
So hopefully it will be quite excellent by the time they near the end of their NA tour. Beautiful. :D

tigs6969

#136 Post by tigs6969 » 27 Sep 2010 07:08

still hoping they play battlefield or would that be too much of a bitch to attempt
i mean they could never recreate DONT YOU HEAR ME CRYING, CRYING COME TAKE ME AWAY I HALLOW THY NAME
but itd be awesome to see the band attempt it
"
That's what minstrel sing
Join in the horrible screams
Take part in murderous deeds
Renowned be the lion-hearted
Join in the minstrelsy
Wailing in endless grief
It eagerly longs for more
Broken bodies lay down on the ground "
hansi would be out of breath?

teo_guardian

#137 Post by teo_guardian » 27 Sep 2010 09:37

not at all...in the end of each line there are plenty of milliseconds where a singer can take another breath...

On the other hand there is Punishment divine which completely takes all air out of you and you still have some words to sing.

tshoffie

#138 Post by tshoffie » 27 Sep 2010 11:05

i cant believe they havent played War of the Thrones thats one i would really love to hear live

islandfishguy

#139 Post by islandfishguy » 27 Sep 2010 14:48

Have to admit I was a little bit disappointed they only played 3 songs from the new album at London. I've spent a lot of time learning the new songs and it felt more like a 'hits' tour rather than touring the album.

The crowd were fairly loud but not really very bouncy or moshing though....the place was so packed I had high expectations but it never really materialised.

Blind Guardian sounded amazing, though the sound was far better further back in the hall.

I watched the first 5-6 songs from the middle and it sounded excellent (Though crowd very stationary), but I made a bee-line for the first moshpit I saw (For the whole gig) during Traveller in Time, and all I could really hear was drums and hansi when only 4-5 rows from the front.

LeBard

#140 Post by LeBard » 27 Sep 2010 16:02

islandfishguy wrote:Have to admit I was a little bit disappointed they only played 3 songs from the new album at London. I've spent a lot of time learning the new songs and it felt more like a 'hits' tour rather than touring the album.

The crowd were fairly loud but not really very bouncy or moshing though....the place was so packed I had high expectations but it never really materialised.

Blind Guardian sounded amazing, though the sound was far better further back in the hall.

I watched the first 5-6 songs from the middle and it sounded excellent (Though crowd very stationary), but I made a bee-line for the first moshpit I saw (For the whole gig) during Traveller in Time, and all I could really hear was drums and hansi when only 4-5 rows from the front.
In London and everywhere else.

It's weird too, isn't it customary to play about 5 new songs while touring with a new album? They are after all promoting At the Edge of Time. I can see why Metallica only played 2 st.anger songs on the st.anger tour, but that album sucks. When I saw Metallica on the Death Magnetic tour, they played 5 Death Magnetic songs. Which is perhaps one song too much, since they are so long and plodding but whatever, I am also glad that they had some faith in their new songs.

I wish Blind Guardian had that faith, too. At the Edge of Time is awesome, has some awesome speed tracks that you can bob your head too even if you don't know the song (Ride into Obession, Tanelorn, Voice in the Dark etc.). I can see why they didn't play much from ANATO and ATITM, but with ATEOT they have no excuse; it's full of killer live tracks. Play them!

(... and play The Hobbit!)

Joshua rain

#141 Post by Joshua rain » 27 Sep 2010 16:07

I actuallyt like thatr mirror mirror lost the spot at the end of teh setlist, I think IFTOS is a much more logical song to end a set with (still depends on taste of course)

DREAMASTER

#142 Post by DREAMASTER » 27 Sep 2010 16:43

According to BG official site.

UK 1st gig:

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Nightfall
Fly
Another Holy War
Traveler In Time
Bright Eyes
Valhalla
Lord Of The Rings
This Will Never End
A Voice in the Dark
And the Story Ends

Encore:
Punishment Divine
The Bard's Song
Wheel of Time
Mirror Mirror

------------

UK 3rd Gig:

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)
Traveler In Time
Valhalla
Lord Of The Rings
This Will Never End
A Voice in the Dark
Mirror Mirror

Encore:
Punishment Divine
The Bard's Song
Wheel of Time
Imaginations From The Other Side

Very good indeed!
Behold the sword of power... Excalibur
Forged when the world was young
and bird and beast and flower were one with Man,
and Death was but a DREAM!!!

SomeEurosHateAmerica

#143 Post by SomeEurosHateAmerica » 27 Sep 2010 16:47

Lots of spoiled people in this thread:

As someone living in the States, I'll take ANY BG setlist and be happy with it. This is basically only my second chance to see these guys (was overseas for ATiTM tour). I remember the ANATO tour, though, and the crowd was hot for every song. I'm beginning to think North American BG fans, although less numerous, are the more passionate fans in general ;)

bestpike

#144 Post by bestpike » 27 Sep 2010 17:10

SomeEurosHateAmerica wrote:Lots of spoiled people in this thread:

As someone living in the States, I'll take ANY BG setlist and be happy with it. This is basically only my second chance to see these guys (was overseas for ATiTM tour). I remember the ANATO tour, though, and the crowd was hot for every song. I'm beginning to think North American BG fans, although less numerous, are the more passionate fans in general ;)
You are very right. Only Wheel of Time and Voice in the Dark played for the first time are more than enough change to keep someone happy imo.
Forever to be free

SomeEurosHateAmerica

#145 Post by SomeEurosHateAmerica » 27 Sep 2010 17:17

bestpike wrote:

You are very right. Only Wheel of Time and Voice in the Dark played for the first time are more than enough change to keep someone happy imo.
Not to mention Sacred Worlds. That's well over 20 minutes of the new album right there.

NDS

#146 Post by NDS » 27 Sep 2010 18:28

islandfishguy wrote:Have to admit I was a little bit disappointed they only played 3 songs from the new album at London. I've spent a lot of time learning the new songs and it felt more like a 'hits' tour rather than touring the album.

Who wants to mosh during a BG show? :shock:
You should know that BG doesn't play music on which you mosh.
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

Phantom Lord

#147 Post by Phantom Lord » 27 Sep 2010 19:14

London show was awesome. Was in the front row, got high-fives twice and got a pick from Marcus at the end :lol:

Alpha Penguin

#148 Post by Alpha Penguin » 27 Sep 2010 20:52

As a U.S fan I too will be happy with ANYTHING they play as I think it's a privilege to have the mighty bards visit us lol! Yes more new songs would be nice, like Tanelorn (Into the Void) or Ride into Obsession but ah, what are you gonna do? haha
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

spamel

#149 Post by spamel » 27 Sep 2010 20:53

Did they mention anything in London about heading back this way in the next 12 months? And are they aware that Britain goes a lot further north after London! :roll: I didn't make the hike on public transport as the effort is just unbelievable and I'm coming from Yorkshire. Imagine the hassles for a Scottish fan making that trip! :shock:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Led Guardian

#150 Post by Led Guardian » 27 Sep 2010 23:30

We're so few that we have to be.