BG without support acts?!

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Vorkosigan

BG without support acts?!

#1 Post by Vorkosigan » 08 Sep 2010 10:49

I'm attending the Madrid show and it seems, according to the official site, that all the final ones won't have any support acts, which if true would work great for me, didn't care for them (also... maybe a longer BG gig?). Nevertheless, it sounds weird. Any info on the matter? :?:

Webmaster
Site Admin

Re: BG without support acts?!

#2 Post by Webmaster » 08 Sep 2010 10:52

I am very sure that there will be support acts, they will just be local ones and I wasn't given any info about them. I guess you will just have to be surprised. ;-) If you do see any mention of the opening acts in your local media sources then please let me know and I will post the info on the website.

Vorkosigan

#3 Post by Vorkosigan » 08 Sep 2010 10:59

Webmaster wrote:I am very sure that there will be support acts, they will just be local ones and I wasn't given any info about them. I guess you will just have to be surprised. ;-) If you do see any mention of the opening acts in your local media sources then please let me know and I will post the info on the website.
Will do! :wink:

Gorthaur

#4 Post by Gorthaur » 09 Sep 2010 20:33

On the Belgrade gig back in 2007, they didn't have any supporting acts and they played for 2 hours and 20 songs!

So, I think it's better if there aren't any support bands...

Have a great time at the gig! :D

Comatose

#5 Post by Comatose » 09 Sep 2010 21:59

I think it's always nice to have a band to warm up (doesn't have to be good) before the band you want to see starts. So I'll be hoping for one :)

Gandalf de Grijze

#6 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 09 Sep 2010 23:43

Last tour they had a warm-up gig in Rijssen, which had no support act and a 2h+ show (21 songs i believe)
Later they came back for a "proper" tour concert with support acts and still played 2h and 20 songs

So it doesn't really matter, I just prefer the support acts to actually be good, if there are any.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Vorkosigan

#7 Post by Vorkosigan » 11 Sep 2010 10:08

well, if they're going for local bands, they really should get Dark Moor for the Madrid show. The band isn't touring and is, imho, the best spanish metal act hands down (no that there is much decent competition, but Dark Moor is still great: go listen to their latest, Autumnal). Hope BG knows this :P