Krefeld

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Avelar

Krefeld

#1 Post by Avelar » 19 Aug 2010 11:34

Is it worth visiting when I am in Düsseldorf? Are there any places or something dedicated to Blind Guardian? You know, the band is a living legend... :)
Just keep in mind, this world is sacred.

laucian

Re: Krefeld

#2 Post by laucian » 19 Aug 2010 13:26

i was there, i asked the people about blind guardian, they knew nothing..i would not search anything related to BG there in Krefeld

Edain

#3 Post by Edain » 19 Aug 2010 17:42

I only know where their studio is (according to the Grefrath townhalls' employees) - Johannes Girmes Straße in Grefrath-Oedt, directly opposite of Girmes company in an old farm ... but haven't been there yet. :?
"Edis Rehto Eht Morf Snoitanigami!"

Traveller in Time

#4 Post by Traveller in Time » 19 Aug 2010 17:52

And you will only find this:

Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Cigoth

#5 Post by Cigoth » 19 Aug 2010 18:02

Is that really all there is in the bards' old town? :shock: Not even a statue or something?
Until now I was really considering to visit that place... :|
What started in the underworld,
It should be finished here and now.

The Rider Of Rohan

#6 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 19 Aug 2010 18:41

Traveller in Time wrote:And you will only find this:

Now I really want to go there and carve '320 bitrate please' onto that sign. :P
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Traveller in Time

#7 Post by Traveller in Time » 19 Aug 2010 18:47

Cigoth wrote:Is that really all there is in the bards' old town? :shock: Not even a statue or something?
Until now I was really considering to visit that place... :|
Besides the dragon behind the door, a devilish skateboard, and a pool which is getting cleaned by Hansi, nope ;)

Now serious: What did you expect? BG aren't that famous, or does any metal band have statues standing somewhere?
Nor Maiden or Metallica have one, or?
Maybe Manowar (or just DeMaio) having their own statues in their own true metal garden ;)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Orodaran

#8 Post by Orodaran » 19 Aug 2010 19:05

Yeah, really, in all brutal honesty, why anyone out there in the real, non-metal world should give a shit about Blind Guardian? :P

Furthermore, it's also better for them; they're chased by fans all around the world, I'm happy that at least in their own hometown they can be normal persons and go around without people camping down their street or everyone around the town constantly saying hi or asking pics or autographs.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Avelar

#9 Post by Avelar » 19 Aug 2010 20:17

Edain wrote:I only know where their studio is (according to the Grefrath townhalls' employees) - Johannes Girmes Straße in Grefrath-Oedt, directly opposite of Girmes company in an old farm ... but haven't been there yet. :?
At least this place would be interesting to visit, but it turned out that the Twilight Hall Studio is not in Krefeld and reachable only by car or bicycle. So it looks like a missed opportunity. Pity, because it could be funny (link) :lol: .

Perdita X

#10 Post by Perdita X » 19 Aug 2010 20:38

Avelar wrote:
Edain wrote:I only know where their studio is (according to the Grefrath townhalls' employees) - Johannes Girmes Straße in Grefrath-Oedt, directly opposite of Girmes company in an old farm ... but haven't been there yet. :?
At least this place would be interesting to visit, but it turned out that the Twilight Hall Studio is not in Krefeld and reachable only by car or bicycle. So it looks like a missed opportunity. Pity, because it could be funny (link) :lol: .
By car or by bike? So you can't walk to it? :shock:

Avelar

#11 Post by Avelar » 19 Aug 2010 21:05

Grefrath-Oedt is about 20 kilometers from Krefeld. Not very far, someone can walk there if he has a plenty of time :wink:

Perdita X

#12 Post by Perdita X » 19 Aug 2010 21:07

So it is accessable if you take walkers bus. :D I used to live not too far away from Krefeld, it never occured to me to hop over the border and see if there's bards to be found. Now that it turns out there aren't, just aswell I didn't. Besides I'd feel embarrassed, taking up their freetime.

Precurser

#13 Post by Precurser » 20 Aug 2010 00:27

Orodaran wrote:Yeah, really, in all brutal honesty, why anyone out there in the real, non-metal world should give a shit about Blind Guardian? :P

Furthermore, it's also better for them; they're chased by fans all around the world, I'm happy that at least in their own hometown they can be normal persons and go around without people camping down their street or everyone around the town constantly saying hi or asking pics or autographs.
Yea, I understand the non-metal people not caring thing, but wasn't their new album like, number 2 in German record sales? >_>

Although yea, I wouldn't expect any memorials or monuments. Stuff like that just doesn't happen for any band. Sure, there might be a mention in a tourist pamphlet or something about it being the hometown of whatever band, but not much else.
You just looked at my signature.

The Rider Of Rohan

#14 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 20 Aug 2010 09:16

I learned that she is also from Krefeld: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Andre ... zwedel.jpg

Given the choice between ho to stalk BG or her, I know where my priorities lie. :mrgreen:
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

Gandalf de Grijze

#15 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 20 Aug 2010 11:54

yep, the bards are much more awesome than an old and ugly woman..
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Arwen Arianna

#16 Post by Arwen Arianna » 20 Aug 2010 14:48

The only two places I'd consider worth visiting are probably the "Stadtwald" and the castle in Linn, latter one probably being way more spectacular when you visit it while the Flachsmarkt is taking place... none are related to Blind Guardian,but both are very nice :) (I'm not a Krefeld-expert, though :P )
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

The Rider Of Rohan

#17 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 20 Aug 2010 18:52

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:yep, the bards are much more awesome than an old and ugly woman..
A lot of women that age would wish they still look that good.
spamel wrote:
Periods.

Avelar

#18 Post by Avelar » 20 Aug 2010 21:26

Arwen Arianna wrote:The only two places I'd consider worth visiting are probably the "Stadtwald" and the castle in Linn, latter one probably being way more spectacular when you visit it while the Flachsmarkt is taking place... none are related to Blind Guardian,but both are very nice :) (I'm not a Krefeld-expert, though :P )
These places look nice on photos. I consider visiting Krefeld even if there are no statues and museums of BG :lol: Just thought it would be a very special moment to walk by streets of the bards' native town, come near the castle in Linn and listen to The Bard's Song (or some other medieval BG song) there :P

Led Guardian

#19 Post by Led Guardian » 20 Aug 2010 21:30

The Rider Of Rohan wrote:
Gandalf de Grijze wrote:yep, the bards are much more awesome than an old and ugly woman..
And she'd have experience. :wink:
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Gandalf de Grijze

#20 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 20 Aug 2010 23:58

and more than a lot of women will actually look better at that age
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Precurser

#21 Post by Precurser » 21 Aug 2010 00:21

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:
But no women will be able to compare with Hansi at that age. :P
You just looked at my signature.

Perdita X

#22 Post by Perdita X » 21 Aug 2010 15:58

Gandalf de Grijze wrote:
It's no use comparing Hansi to women anyways, regardless his haircut.

Islandstone

#23 Post by Islandstone » 05 Sep 2010 01:07

I was in Krefeld 6 years ago, stayed overnight during a Summer European trip(one of many) with my family.
I expected people to know of BG, so I got quite astonished when the lady at the tourist info said she hadn't even heard of them! or at least,she didnt know who they were..

I tried to find BG's address as well,without luck...

One thing who WAS cool though, was buying IFTOS in the hometown of the Bards. 8)

Rob The Wise

#24 Post by Rob The Wise » 05 Sep 2010 11:34

Lol didn't anyone read the link Avelar did? LOL Hilarious :P
"Within the hallowed halls, everything was still… everything except.. THAT LOUD BANGING COMING FROM INSIDE THE CLOSET!

Josh: What could this be?!
Jim: It could only be one thing…

Hansi: Let me out! I’m lost in a twilight hall!

Jim: It’s Hansi! He must have gotten lost when he came home from work at Wendy’s
Josh: Aye! Wendy will suffer by my blade!
Kyle: Wendy isn’t a person, and you don’t HAVE a blade.
Josh: Quiet you foul demon of Bal’set!
Kyle: You only said that cause it rhymes with Tal’set, and you want to play the new Turok game!

Josh peered around with shifty eyes, and could only remark with

Josh: Monkies.
Hansi: I hear voices! Aye! Could it be! Imaginations from the other side? Cold insanity said to me, stop the craziness!

For only a few moments into Hansi’s on-going gibberish, a loud rush of water could be heard from the distance>

Jim: Water in the twilight hall?
Josh: Hansi must of left the bathtub running.

Hansi: Born from a mourning hall! Where is my band! GARR! Where am I? Oh yeah! I am lost in the closet broom, or is it the Twilight Hall. Why am I naked?
Lol hansi is hilarious.