So is that Italian release date of July 13th real?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
arenamaster

So is that Italian release date of July 13th real?

#1 Post by arenamaster » 08 Jul 2010 01:42

I remember reading somewhere on this forum about the album being released in Italy on July 13th. Any more info?
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
But as long as I breathe,
Each smile in my bleak face,
I'm on my way to find
Back to the peace of mind!

Traveller in Time

Re: So is that Italian release date of July 13th real?

#2 Post by Traveller in Time » 08 Jul 2010 11:13

I hardly doubt it! The EUROPEAN release date is determined to the 30th of July, so i see no reason why there should be single release dates for every country. And at least NB is a german label, so it would be strange to release it first in Italy. Sorry.

I guess your source mixed it up with something (maybe with the release date of the single for the US, which will happen on 20th of July or the release of the Metal Hammer magazine with the bonus BG disc on 14th of July)
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Orodaran

#3 Post by Orodaran » 08 Jul 2010 11:52

No, I wrote on the Facebook page of the store that advertised it, and eventually it turned out that their distributors gave them the false information, the release date however is still a bit closer: 27th of July.
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Traveller in Time

#4 Post by Traveller in Time » 08 Jul 2010 12:18

Orodaran wrote:No, I wrote on the Facebook page of the store that advertised it, and eventually it turned out that their distributors gave them the false information, the release date however is still a bit closer: 27th of July.
27th? Mh. Official BG sources still say 30th of July. Did i miss something? Albums nowadays are always released on a Friday because for higher sales numbers which will lead to better chart positions ;)

But i HOPE you are right ;) the sooner the better :D

Led Guardian

#5 Post by Led Guardian » 09 Jul 2010 00:00

I've also heard 2 different US release dates. I can't remember where, but somewhere it said the date was August 24th. However, on Amazon it says August 10th, which is much better. Anyone know something about this?
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Led Guardian

#6 Post by Led Guardian » 09 Jul 2010 00:07

Just looked at their FB page and got my answer: August 24th. Oh, the torture. I have to avoid friends who might have downloaded it and the temptation of getting it early for almost a month. Stupid Amazon giving me false hope.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Traveller in Time

#7 Post by Traveller in Time » 09 Jul 2010 10:42

Yeah never trust those foreign sources. Come on, only Nuclear Blast and BG themselves can know the release date for sure!

Led Guardian

#8 Post by Led Guardian » 10 Jul 2010 02:31

Traveller in Time wrote:Yeah never trust those foreign sources. Come on, only Nuclear Blast and BG themselves can know the release date for sure!
But Nuclear Blast and BG are foreign sources. :P

Traveller in Time

#9 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 Jul 2010 19:10

Led Guardian wrote: But Nuclear Blast and BG are foreign sources. :P
:lol:

Ok than better let's say sources, which are not involved in ATEOT production ;)

Traveller in Time

#10 Post by Traveller in Time » 10 Jul 2010 19:11

But here is another mystery:

The new youtube video shows it:

Does it mean Finnland and Sweden are lucky ones to listen to the new album already on 28th of July?

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 10 Jul 2010 19:45

http://www.mariposaonline.it/CD/AT-THE- ... D-2CD.html

Here it still says 27th July (the site is of the most beloved shop of every metalhead that dwells in Milan)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

lord of the west

#12 Post by lord of the west » 11 Jul 2010 06:54

on http://www.amazon.com it says that it comes out Aug 10th in the US and the price will be $28.49!! and it's not even an import according to the site, it's just the one disc set that's all!!

EDIT: The two-disc version is $31.99

Webmaster
Site Admin

#13 Post by Webmaster » 11 Jul 2010 15:04

Traveller in Time wrote:Does it mean Finnland and Sweden are lucky ones to listen to the new album already on 28th of July?
Yes.

Traveller in Time

#14 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Jul 2010 10:21

Webmaster wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:Does it mean Finnland and Sweden are lucky ones to listen to the new album already on 28th of July?
Yes.
Ok thanks! Do you know the reason why (30th a holiday in S and FI) ?

Webmaster
Site Admin

#15 Post by Webmaster » 12 Jul 2010 12:20

Traveller in Time wrote:Ok thanks! Do you know the reason why (30th a holiday in S and FI) ?
I know a lot of things but the mysteries of release dates has never been revealed to me.

Traveller in Time

#16 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Jul 2010 12:37

Webmaster wrote:
Traveller in Time wrote:Ok thanks! Do you know the reason why (30th a holiday in S and FI) ?
I know a lot of things but the mysteries of release dates has never been revealed to me.
:D

Ok, but thanks for your answer. Let's hope they know what they do :wink:

Vorkosigan

#17 Post by Vorkosigan » 12 Jul 2010 19:12

it's not the first time NB makes that kind of separation, they'll have their (charts-related?) reasons I guess

Traveller in Time

#18 Post by Traveller in Time » 12 Jul 2010 21:41

Vorkosigan wrote:it's not the first time NB makes that kind of separation, they'll have their (charts-related?) reasons I guess
Yeah, that could be! Maybe some Finn or Swede can enlighten us

Envinyatar

#19 Post by Envinyatar » 12 Jul 2010 23:46

In Finland albums are always released on Wednesdays. Probably the same in Sweden.
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

lord of the west

#20 Post by lord of the west » 13 Jul 2010 00:23

Traveller in Time wrote:Yeah never trust those foreign sources. Come on, only Nuclear Blast and BG themselves can know the release date for sure!
Actually the US version of itunes and amazon don't usually follow the release dates all the time. Sometimes they'll release an album in the US on the European release date other times they'll release it on the NA release date. For instance i got the new Savage Circus album a week before it was supposed to come out in North America, itunes released the album on the European release date. It happens on amazon but not that often though.

Rob The Wise

#21 Post by Rob The Wise » 22 Jul 2010 19:27

About this thing about the album coming out 28th july in sweden does not matter that much, since it's almost impossible to find ONE store which gets it on the release dates. 9/10 of all stores have set the release date at 4th of august..

If anyone finds where u can buy it 28th of july in sweden hit me up. I'll roam the whole country just to get it. :roll:

Darth Arrow

#22 Post by Darth Arrow » 25 Jul 2010 21:30

Rob The Wise wrote:About this thing about the album coming out 28th july in sweden does not matter that much, since it's almost impossible to find ONE store which gets it on the release dates. 9/10 of all stores have set the release date at 4th of august..

If anyone finds where u can buy it 28th of july in sweden hit me up. I'll roam the whole country just to get it. :roll:
Exactly the same here in Finland. All shops list the release date as 4th of august, so I think we're not gonna get it any sooner :(

Traveller in Time

#23 Post by Traveller in Time » 26 Jul 2010 17:35

lord of the west wrote:
Actually the US version of itunes and amazon don't usually follow the release dates all the time. Sometimes they'll release an album in the US on the European release date other times they'll release it on the NA release date. For instance i got the new Savage Circus album a week before it was supposed to come out in North America, itunes released the album on the European release date. It happens on amazon but not that often though.
Yeah but itunes won't release anything before the first official release date!
And this italian release date was supposed to be two weeks before the european (so the first release date) or better to say the finish and swedish release ;)

Rob The Wise

#24 Post by Rob The Wise » 29 Jul 2010 11:42

Darth Arrow wrote:
Rob The Wise wrote:About this thing about the album coming out 28th july in sweden does not matter that much, since it's almost impossible to find ONE store which gets it on the release dates. 9/10 of all stores have set the release date at 4th of august..

Exactly the same here in Finland. All shops list the release date as 4th of august, so I think we're not gonna get it any sooner :(

Yup.. Guess we got bs'd. Heck, right now I've given up hope. Gonna go get the album at 4th of august instead of looking for it.

Traveller in Time

#25 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Jul 2010 12:30

Rob The Wise wrote:
Darth Arrow wrote:

Yup.. Guess we got bs'd. Heck, right now I've given up hope. Gonna go get the album at 4th of august instead of looking for it.
:cry:
That's a pity.