The best time to listen to Blind Guardian

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
DREAMASTER

The best time to listen to Blind Guardian

#1 Post by DREAMASTER » 24 May 2010 22:45

Well I'm listening to the LOTR complete ost right now and I always felt listening to it when it's dark and could and rainning and it's raining right now. So always felt the best time to listen to it was in Winter, then followed by Autumn adn Spring and the same thing happens to Blind Guardian albums because it seems that I enjoy them better (don't ask me why).

That's why I decided to start this thread.

So what's for you the best time of the year to listen to Blind Guardian albums ?

:)

NP: LOTR CR OST - Bag End
Behold the sword of power... Excalibur
Forged when the world was young
and bird and beast and flower were one with Man,
and Death was but a DREAM!!!

Dentarthurdent

Re: The best time to listen to Blind Guardian

#2 Post by Dentarthurdent » 24 May 2010 23:18

erm... all the time?^^
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

spamel

#3 Post by spamel » 24 May 2010 23:23

Normally when I am not listening to another band! I tend to not listen to other bands much at the moment, BG have rapidly become top favourites with IM, and I have listened to Maiden since I was 11!
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Gandalf de Grijze

#4 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 24 May 2010 23:46

I never listen to BG, They suck!!!
I don't like christian death polka!
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Andreas

#5 Post by Andreas » 24 May 2010 23:55

So... BG is singing in its own honour?

Led Guardian

#6 Post by Led Guardian » 25 May 2010 04:50

DREAMASTER wrote:Well I'm listening to the LOTR complete ost right now and I always felt listening to it when it's dark and could and rainning and it's raining right now. So always felt the best time to listen to it was in Winter, then followed by Autumn adn Spring and the same thing happens to Blind Guardian albums because it seems that I enjoy them better (don't ask me why).

So what's for you the best time of the year to listen to Blind Guardian albums ?

Best soundtrack ever. Well worth the high cost.
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Arwen Arianna

#7 Post by Arwen Arianna » 25 May 2010 08:40

I can listen to BG at any time of the day/year, they wrote so many different songs that there's at least a few for every mood... 8) so the time is always perfect ^^
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

Desert_Storm

#8 Post by Desert_Storm » 25 May 2010 09:37

My fave BG setting is outside in summernights, preferebaly at a lake (or something else that´s watery and similar in size). However, this is probably my favourite setting for most other things too (including eating, drinking, hanging out with friends and reading) so I suspect it lacks significance. Maybe it´s also that I shouldn´t post here before my morning coffee... so see you guys later :?
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

bestpike

#9 Post by bestpike » 25 May 2010 16:20

The best time to listen to BG is when I'm alone in my home where noone can hear my screams. Because truth is, except that i have a horrible voice (that's why i need to be alone in the house :P), if I don't scream along with Hansi I can't get the feeling :D. Listening outside in the street is ok too but I really feel like screaming some particular lyrics and that would make me look crazy. It sux :(.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

SozosMichael

#10 Post by SozosMichael » 25 May 2010 17:30

bestpike wrote:The best time to listen to BG is when I'm alone in my home where noone can hear my screams. Because truth is, except that i have a horrible voice (that's why i need to be alone in the house :P), if I don't scream along with Hansi I can't get the feeling :D. Listening outside in the street is ok too but I really feel like screaming some particular lyrics and that would make me look crazy. It sux :(.
+1

spamel

#11 Post by spamel » 25 May 2010 18:18

Dentarthurdent wrote:erm... all the time?^^
Time, what is time?
:wink:
My mother in law is a Balrog, and I'm telling you, she has wings!

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#12 Post by Metal Fan » 25 May 2010 18:21

Anytime. Though a lot durning breakfast :P
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

Orodaran

#13 Post by Orodaran » 25 May 2010 18:24

Well, I listen to BG since so many years that they're not anymore in the list of bands that I listen to periodically and extensively; however I have a very nerdish "obsession" for listening to the proper music depending on the place I'm in and the given time of the year, so I'd say that the epic and (often) fantasy music of BG sounds better amidst the nature and in the mountains, especially Nightfall in Middle Earth... while all the medieval songs and ballads work well in the evening around a fire or in a medieval town 8)

Of course when At the Edge of Time will be released, I will listen heavily to it, so for better or worse it will become my August soundtrack, even though I don't associate Blind Guardian to the sea... well, who cares, this August I'm not planning to go to the sea anyway :wink:
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

The Rider Of Rohan

#14 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 25 May 2010 18:46

I prefer listening to it with friends who share my memories of Coburg, Rijssen, WOA 2002 and the really early meatings. Those are the best ones.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

DREAMASTER

#15 Post by DREAMASTER » 25 May 2010 19:40

Led Guardian wrote:
DREAMASTER wrote:Well I'm listening to the LOTR complete ost right now and I always felt listening to it when it's dark and could and rainning and it's raining right now. So always felt the best time to listen to it was in Winter, then followed by Autumn adn Spring and the same thing happens to Blind Guardian albums because it seems that I enjoy them better (don't ask me why).

Best soundtrack ever. Well worth the high cost.

Indeed.

I got this one.

Cerbere

#16 Post by Cerbere » 25 May 2010 21:06

I listen to BG while playing Fallout 2

Led Guardian

#17 Post by Led Guardian » 25 May 2010 22:43

@DREAMASTER: Yup, that's the one. 8)
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

Hedge Wizard

#18 Post by Hedge Wizard » 26 May 2010 00:30

Blind Guardian have always suited Autumn, perhaps because I got my first BG album that season. Of course, in the midst of the mountains, forests, lakes, and so forth. I can't listen to them in the city, certainly not. Perhaps ATITM but only if I needed a quick fix :wink:

Also, I love the LotR soundtrack, I've got the three standard discs.

Kotzewitsch

#19 Post by Kotzewitsch » 26 May 2010 11:57

Cerbere wrote:I listen to BG while playing Fallout 2
Haha.. I also have/had some bands connected with games... Arch Enemy with Hellagte: London.... Katatonia with WOW... and Blind Guadian (but also some otherbands) with Diablo 2 ^^

@ topic: The best time, is when I feel like it! I listen a lot to black metal and death metal, but BG is one of the bands I can listen to anytime, and I never stopped liking it! ^^

Evil Peter

#20 Post by Evil Peter » 26 May 2010 12:53

I don't have any special times that I listen to Blind Guardian, apart from that it's mostly when I can sit down and concentrate on the music, rather than having it in the background while doing other things.

Since I've listened to them for over a decade and a half I also tend to have periods when I don't listen to them at all, only to go back to them and almost rediscover how good they are and then have a period when I listen to them very extensively.

I've also found out that I can enjoy music a lot while playing Minesweeper. I have it quite easy to focus on several tasks at the same time and Minesweeper seems to occupy the logical part of my brain so I can just concentrate on, and enjoy, the music. The music takes the front seat and I feel like I block out other thoughts by playing the game "in the background".
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

DREAMASTER

#21 Post by DREAMASTER » 26 May 2010 13:16

@Led Guardian and Hedge Wizard: I wanted to buy the other too but their are too expensive and since there is going to be released a box with all of it and more soon, I prefer spend my money on this then.

Hedge Wizard

#22 Post by Hedge Wizard » 26 May 2010 21:30

That's cool that they'll be released in a set, I only knew that the complete recordings were out individually and they had cost around $60 so I was happy with my cheap basic soundtracks. Also awaiting a very plausible Hobbit soundtrack, anyone know who's composing the music for this movie (Howard Shore again I hope)?

DREAMASTER

#23 Post by DREAMASTER » 26 May 2010 21:45

Yeah, I think it will be him.

Morbidian

#24 Post by Morbidian » 01 Jun 2010 15:54

I can listen Blind Guardian all the time, but looking upon the atmosphere of each album that it creates while listening to it, I would order them like this:

1. Follow the Blind, Somewhere far Beyond, Tokyo Tales, Mirror Mirror, Nightfall in Middle Earth, And then there Was Silence and Bard's Song - Winter (as they reflect that winter feel the best)

2. Banish From Sanctuary/Hall of the King, Live Guardians (1988), Tales From the Twilight World and A Night at the Opera - Spring

3. Lucifer's Heritage (d), Battalions of Fear (d) , Battalions Of Fear, We're Blind Guardian and So...What?!, Blind Guardian Plays Beach Boys, Live, Imaginations through the Looking Glass, A Twist in the Myth and Another Stranger Me - Summer

4. Demo IV, Demos from the Other Side, Imaginations from the Other Side, Mr.Sandman, Bright Eyes, Past and Future Secret, Forgotten Tales and Fly - Autumn
When the sky is burning,
see the Moon falling down.
On your right is lightning.
See the war in the sky.

Remember Brian,
when it's time.
Remember Brian.

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#25 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 02 Jun 2010 17:09

Blind Guardian is for long subway trips
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

DiehardBGfan

#26 Post by DiehardBGfan » 05 Jun 2010 16:21

I usually listen to Blind Guardian all the time, but I think the best time to listen to them is when your reading a good fantasy book. Just when the story is getting interesting.

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#27 Post by Metal Fan » 05 Jun 2010 17:42

In the car, while looking out the window. Perfect time 8)
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)