4 Years

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Cerbere

4 Years

#1 Post by Cerbere » 15 Feb 2010 21:48

This is my fourth year listening to Blind Guardian :o . It doesn't seem like that long. Maybe I'll get to see them live this year :D

EDIT: I really don't know why I created this topic it's kinda pointless

Andreas

Re: 4 Years

#2 Post by Andreas » 15 Feb 2010 21:54

I know why. So I can congratulate you 8)

Congrats :P

BRi7X

#3 Post by BRi7X » 16 Feb 2010 05:11

where are you from, warrior?
-Byronius Zedricks Septdicius Ativos, of Aldania, the blessed realm.

Facebook ; Last.fm

Arwen Arianna

#4 Post by Arwen Arianna » 16 Feb 2010 05:29

congrats :D

in October it's 5 years for me :shock: (well.. at least.. since I first listened to BG :D I really disliked them back then :oops: it took me 'til January '06 to fall in love with them :oops: )
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

teo_guardian

#5 Post by teo_guardian » 16 Feb 2010 05:39

congrats!

i'm listening to BG for 8 years.

power_dysfunction

#6 Post by power_dysfunction » 16 Feb 2010 05:47

It's been around six years for me now, first heard NIME junior year of highschool and instantly fell in love.
Though the towers of the city are denied to we men of clay
still we know we shall scale the heights some day.
Frightened in the silence -
frightened, but thinking very hard,
let us make computations of the stars.

Andreas

#7 Post by Andreas » 16 Feb 2010 14:32

I got into them a year ago... or maybe a few weeks more. It was January of February. Took me some time to appreciate them also.

Drex

#8 Post by Drex » 16 Feb 2010 16:04

This is my fourth year, too.

I did hear a couple songs about 9 years ago, but I didn't like it all. Funny how time can change your musical preferences and make you appreciate things you quickly dismissed before.
Last edited by Drex on 17 Feb 2010 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf de Grijze

#9 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 16 Feb 2010 17:57

I guess that in a month or so I'll be at 11 years
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#10 Post by Metal Fan » 16 Feb 2010 19:37

I'm 2 years. Since December 12th 2007. My first song was And The Story Ends. And I loved it ^_^
Last edited by Metal Fan on 19 Feb 2010 07:54, edited 1 time in total.

The Rider Of Rohan

#11 Post by The Rider Of Rohan » 16 Feb 2010 19:56

Around 1997, Iftos-album, which makes it close to 13 years.

Funny story....

I remember listening to it because of the artwork and ending up hating the music because it didn't have cookiemonster-vocals. Hey, I was 16 years old and in my every-cd-should-be-more-extreme-than-the-one-I-listened-before-phase. Still ended up loving it in the months to follow, of course. Funnily it was because Manowar who taught me that you can make better music without heavy vocals, which made me go back to BG, Rhapsody, Maiden and Hammerfall.
spamel wrote:
Sleeping Dragon wrote:i just don't understand what's so wrong with being a woman...
Periods.

kalrhael

#12 Post by kalrhael » 16 Feb 2010 21:26

power_dysfunction wrote:It's been around six years for me now, first heard NIME junior year of highschool and instantly fell in love.
Same here, somebody posted "Nightfall" in another forum I go to, and that song pretty much introduced me to the world of metal.

Had that guy not posted that song, my muscial interest would of probably bent towards ska.

Mr.i-dont-remember-your-user-name...thank you for posting that song... I know you're somewhere out there...but...thank you. THANK YOU!

Dentarthurdent

#13 Post by Dentarthurdent » 16 Feb 2010 21:46

Four years in 34 days for me. If anyone cares. I started with BoF btw ;)
R.I.P. The Following - The page may have deceased, but Followers will be Followers until the world will be no more!

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

Arwen Arianna

#14 Post by Arwen Arianna » 17 Feb 2010 01:00

XD
Someone talked me into buying NIME, praising Guardian over and over, saying they were the bast band in all the world etc. I just bought it because it was Tolkien-related. :roll: Back then I was all into gregorian chant and thinks like that, I didn't even know what metal is.. Oo
Imagine the shock :lol: I thought the album was a waste of money, though :( ( can't explain that now )
I don't know what made me listen to it again a while later, but I'm so glad I did Oo I somehow fell in love with the album immediately then and ran off to the next music store to get IFTOS :mrgreen: And that was that :twisted:
"And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä"
Bpgk!
Oh, and by the way.. Hansi is God :)
---------------------------------------------------
~Follower~ ~.:last.fm:.~~facebook~ ~Bardess~ ~Bardist~

Cerbere

#15 Post by Cerbere » 17 Feb 2010 01:12

I don't really remember where I heard of them actually, and I don't remember the actual date, this date is just an estimate. ANATO was on my 'Albums to buy' list and eventually I did. I suppose Precious Jerusalem was my first song (I don't see how you guys don't like that :? ). I really really liked that album, and bought their first CD. From then, I actually liked BoF better than ANATO (not anymore haha) so I bought Follow the Blind. Then I really realized the genius of ANATO and bought Twist. By then I was on this forum and realized I should probably buy Nightfall and I did. And relatively recently I bought Imaginations. And excuse my mistake but this is my third year, not fourth :P .

Cerbere

#16 Post by Cerbere » 17 Feb 2010 01:13

BRi7X wrote:where are you from, warrior?
Me? Colorado

Cerbere

#17 Post by Cerbere » 17 Feb 2010 01:15

Metal Fan wrote:I'm 2 years. Since December 12th 2008. My first song was And The Story Ends. And I loved it ^_^
Funny how you joined the forum before you listened to them :P

Sorry for the triple post, but it is my thread :twisted:

Pathfinder

#18 Post by Pathfinder » 17 Feb 2010 01:44

I've been listening to Blind Guardian for over 10 years now, maybe even a few more. Time flies by.
Anyway, I've started with Nightfall In Middle - Earth, and soon after I had all of their other albums, in that time. I just continued listening and gathering all of the new stuff Blind Guardian had made since.

Mackasfour

#19 Post by Mackasfour » 17 Feb 2010 02:26

It'll be 2 years soon for me, first song was Time Stands Still, loved it. Then the Bard's song, loved that just as much. The rest is pretty simple :P

Only need Tales to finish my album collection
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Mahoora

#20 Post by Mahoora » 17 Feb 2010 16:27

It's ten years or more for me, since june 1999 and NIME was my first album :D
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.
You can't take it with you. act III,scene I

NDS

#21 Post by NDS » 17 Feb 2010 19:53

About 2 years for me now. ANatO was the first BG I've heard, but Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) was the first song which I really liked.
To the glory of the fucking Underground!

Under ground is where the true artists roam!

Alpha Penguin

#22 Post by Alpha Penguin » 18 Feb 2010 09:44

I got into Blind Guardian just last year but I instantly fell in love with them! I heard Hansi on Ayreon's album 01011001 and loved it so I looked up BG on iTunes and bought half of A Twist in the Myth. After that I made regular trips around to record stores and whatnot to buy all of the Blind Guardian cds I could get my hands on :D
How can we take it away from someone who has no right--no right to control the divine!!

Deuder

#23 Post by Deuder » 18 Feb 2010 11:34

Hi all. I'm new. However, for me it's about 2 or 3 years. The first moment I listened a Blind Guardian song have left little memories in me, 'cause they didn't catch me from the first moment (and if a musician doesn't catch me, he can be the better musician in the world, but I won't listen to him and I won't remember anything about him :shock: ). The first song I listened was Welcome to dying. Had it from a cd a friend of mine had some time ago. I listened to it 'cause a university mate talked to me about them and I thought "Why not listening to them? :) ". I loved Welcome to dying. And for some time I loved only a pair of their songs, Welcome to dying and Twilight Hall, which however where stable in my playlist. Then, reading around about them, I discovered that NIME was based on The silmarillion (which I was reading and loving in that period) and started listening to it, and I loved in the first time only Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns). Then I played a little Lord of the Rings online and in a forum about it I read of someone writing "the best of Blind Guardian, for me, is Time stands still" and I tried listening to it. And I loved it. Then I listened to Live album, and from it I started to love about all their songs :D

Cerbere

#24 Post by Cerbere » 19 Feb 2010 01:03

I forgot to put their live cd in my story but oh well its fairly unimportant

Metal Fan
Location: In Angband, chatting with Melkor and learning how to rule the world!

#25 Post by Metal Fan » 19 Feb 2010 07:53

Cerbere wrote:
Metal Fan wrote:I'm 2 years. Since December 12th 2008. My first song was And The Story Ends. And I loved it ^_^
Funny how you joined the forum before you listened to them :P

Sorry for the triple post, but it is my thread :twisted:

I noticed that. AFTER. But I was on my Touch. 2007!!!
⋨The Dagor Dagorath, the great final battle at which the forces of the brothers Manwë and Melkor will face one another, and Arda will be unmade.⋩
Is in with Bender on his plan
Blind Guardian wrote:A fairly small but absolutely bravehearted crowd in Tempe has made that a night remember. Marcus(on behalf of the band) says: Thank you:-)

alleyesonazarath

#26 Post by alleyesonazarath » 19 Feb 2010 18:42

This is my 7th year of listening to BG, and they still have a very special place in my heart!

Woo hoo BG, I've had a more devote commitment to you than any of my ex gfs! Woo Hoo!

As for the point of this thread, it's awesome. Think of it as a legacy thread!

Lutra

#27 Post by Lutra » 22 Feb 2010 01:45

About ten years for me, and I was mad I didn't discover them sooner. Time does fly.
All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

Warg Rider

#28 Post by Warg Rider » 23 Feb 2010 20:42

Been addicted to Blind Guardian for 8 years now, when a friend gave me Battalions of Fear and Tales from the Twilight World. Still my favorite albums :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

It is just that heavy metal musicians write in minor keys, and when you do that, you frighten people.
Ronnie James Dio

Ranger

#29 Post by Ranger » 25 Feb 2010 14:34

Addicted to the band for more than 11 years,still I count them as the best band for me.

Envinyatar

#30 Post by Envinyatar » 26 Feb 2010 00:20

Can't really remember how long exactly I've known them but I guess some 13 years by now. Wow...that's long :)
Bubbles everywhere, raise your hands into the air, we're bubblers, bubblers of the world!
"Do you know what an aqueduct is?" - "It has something to do with water..." - "And...?" - "A duck?!"
"If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed, and I would be their king." -Raj
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on."
"Is space hot?" - "Of course it is, where else do you think we get pineapples from?"

Paha tipu!
Concert photography -> StageShots.net

Marko_Metal Sound

#31 Post by Marko_Metal Sound » 26 Feb 2010 11:25

Some 14 years back from now. :D
Its a funny story indeed, because, before I started to listen them, I know for the band more them a year, from German Metal Hammer. I saw their cover for Imaginations...but, as I am from Serbia, BG wasn't that so spread as today, it was very hard to get a copy of CD. So, I receive my first two CDs in 1996 ''The Forgotten Tales'' and ''Tokyo Tales'' is same time. So the first album that I checked out was ''The Forgotten Tales'' and the first song obviously ''Mr.Sandman'' and I was complete confused:)
So, all in all, I started to listen Guardians only because of their artworks:)
Metal Sound Magazine
http://www.metal-sound.net
Numenor band:
www.myspace.com/numenorband

Desert_Storm

#32 Post by Desert_Storm » 26 Feb 2010 17:12

Pathfinder wrote:Time flies by.
Lutra wrote:Time does fly.
Porcupine Tree wrote:And after a while, you realize time flies
and the best thing that you can do is take whatever comes to you
cause time flies...
to make it not completely ot, 8 years I guess
I, too, am a neat guy. And I, too, am just a love machine
Also, a stupid europeoid with snake primitive language

Ranger

#33 Post by Ranger » 26 Feb 2010 18:23

So we have old fans and new ones!
That's good for the band!
Can't wait for the new album!!!!

Marko_Metal Sound

#34 Post by Marko_Metal Sound » 27 Feb 2010 14:09

Ranger wrote:So we have old fans and new ones!
That's good for the band!
Can't wait for the new album!!!!
Yes, indeed Guardian is timeless :D
Metal Sound Magazine
http://www.metal-sound.net
Numenor band:
www.myspace.com/numenorband

(old wise) bombadil

#35 Post by (old wise) bombadil » 25 Jul 2010 01:17

12 years.

After I bought NIME I fell in love with their music, and I immediately decided to go to their show in Biella in november 1998 (that show was something amazing, BG fans or even those who are no longer into metal keeps on talking on that event even years later).

Even if their recent releases aren't my first choices in my stereo any longer, I'll be always loving BG, they made me travel, made me love metal more than ever, made me meet lots of current friends. Yes, my life wouldn't be the same if that day my eyes had skipped the Nightfall cover artwork :)
You're not going to change the world by hating music you don't like... I'm the Stranger

VonLughlio

#36 Post by VonLughlio » 25 Jul 2010 01:49

Hope that you can see them live this year....enjoy for all the fans, such as myself that can't see them play live.....I recently re-discovered BG and I really like this band. The reason that I say that I re-discovered them is because long time ago heard a song and liked it and did not know it was from BG (I know how lame of me). Then a friend lend me I night of the Opera and after that got me all the albums and now I'm a fan.
Rafael Fernandez Marmolejos

Bender B. Rodriguez
Location: Anywhere but the "Sanctuary"..because i'm banned from that place (Santiago de Chile)

#37 Post by Bender B. Rodriguez » 25 Jul 2010 02:21

been listenint to these guys for at least nine years by now,still haven't manage to see them playing live :\
☢ ☢ ☢ all hail the deathweed ☢ ☢ ☢

bestpike

#38 Post by bestpike » 25 Jul 2010 03:55

It's been 9 or 10 years for me. It was my first years into metal, I was listening to Maiden, heavy and power metal stuff. My first contact with the band was a tape a friend gave me of some or all (don't remember) of the songs of Somewhere Far Beyond. At first I thought it was kinda nice, but I could understand little stuff of what was going on in the songs, but I gave it a few listens. Then after like 6 or more months, for an inexplicable reason I wanted to listen to the tape again, this time I understood more. Stopped again, and again after some months, the desire returned and this time much stronger. I wanted the rest of the albums.

After getting them all from a friend, and listening to them for about 1-2 years, I bought my first original CD of the band, the newly released Anato. Holy shit, that album and some specific songs took an enormous number of listens to start getting into , I wasn't quite ready for it, it was way to soon for me. It took me 2 or 3 years to realize the genius of Punishment Divine. 8 years later I'm still discovering things. Anyway, a few years later I went into a CD shop and bought the whole discography, I felt like I owed it to the band.

So simply put, my love for Blind Guardian was growing very slow but steady and now its a huge mountain. And as years passed Blind Guardian was always my favorite but I was listening to many other bands and genres, but they all faded away except Guardian. Now over 50% (maybe even 75%) of the time I spend listening to music is BG.
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Cerbere

#39 Post by Cerbere » 25 Jul 2010 09:56

I really do need to buy their entire discography. I have illegally obtained one or two of their albumss

The_Soulforged

#40 Post by The_Soulforged » 25 Jul 2010 19:02

Well, must be 14 years now.
will my weary soul find release for a while, at the moment of death i will smile.