Lack of information!?

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Traveler in Valhalla

Lack of information!?

#1 Post by Traveler in Valhalla » 16 Sep 2009 23:54

Hello Bards out there!

I'm new to this forum
I'm from Germany and love Blind Guardian since I heard the TFTTW album in 2005! (yes,really late,I know :( )

but back to the topic...
Often I visited the official page and was sad about the lack of information.
Hansi's post is from February,that's 7 months ago now!Also the newsposter (don't know who is the responsible person) could have at least posted something about Hansi's appearence at the Wacken Open Air.I'm aware they were touring the festivals and writing on the new album/orchestra-project but to post a little hint about the progress would last only 10 minutes!We all know some of them are gamers and internet nerds! :wink:
The fans are an important part of the band and I just think they should let us know what's going on.What would they do without us?
This way the only information we get is from the interviews (thanks to rdyfrde!) and posts in the forum.
Hope they will change it and post some more in the next time!

Maybe we should open up a "news-thread" to collect at least the interviews cause I also found some!

What are your thoughts about this?
welcome to the show
and welcome to...

...DYING!!!

somnia

Re: Lack of information!?

#2 Post by somnia » 17 Sep 2009 02:29

It's fine this way, really. There isn't much going on that's worthy of mentioning, and the band certainly doesn't need the "we are a popular band and you would be happy to listen to us because everyone does!" image with every interview and concert being announced on the front page.
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

Wicked Child

#3 Post by Wicked Child » 17 Sep 2009 03:23

Traveler in Valhalla wrote:I'm new to this forum
Maybe we should open up a "news-thread" to collect at least the interviews cause I also found some!
So you think you can just come in here, appearing from nowhere and asking us to change everything.. ?

welcome.
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Cerbere

#4 Post by Cerbere » 17 Sep 2009 03:54

Welcome to the forum and Welcome to... Welcome to... Dying!

Sorry, couldn't resist after I read your sig....

Mackasfour

#5 Post by Mackasfour » 17 Sep 2009 06:45

The more I hear about this new album coming the more I want it and can't wait (even though I am pretty extatic). I'd rather try and not think about it as much :P
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Sentinel

#6 Post by Sentinel » 17 Sep 2009 08:39

Patience is a virtue. No one knows it better than BG-fans...
Free are those who walk away from setting suns
Free are those who laugh at chains that held them bound
Free are those who conquer in vain but won't stop to run
Battered and down you pick up your pieces
To rise as one!

blind-man

#7 Post by blind-man » 17 Sep 2009 13:42

Welcome to my realm, we're both condemned to.... ignorance, if we rely on the official website to obtain updated information about the band :).

I agree that this sucks balls. Little hints on the official site about interviews and guest appearances wouldn't hurt nobody. The "news thread" is a very good idea. It would be nice to have a place to concentrate every new thing we find.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

Tanelorn

#8 Post by Tanelorn » 17 Sep 2009 15:17

blind-man wrote:Welcome to my realm, we're both condemned to.... ignorance, if we rely on the official website to obtain updated information about the band :).

I agree that this sucks balls. Little hints on the official site about interviews and guest appearances wouldn't hurt nobody. The "news thread" is a very good idea. It would be nice to have a place to concentrate every new thing we find.
totally agree with that and original post. We need to search everywhere else than on the band page.. something's wrong.
Not now...

Traveler in Valhalla

#9 Post by Traveler in Valhalla » 17 Sep 2009 19:47

somnia wrote:...every interview and concert being announced on the front page.
I said no word about something like that.For tours and concerts there's a nice tour-section!Just meant some short messages from the band or special things happening!
Wicked Child wrote:So you think you can just come in here, appearing from nowhere and asking us to change everything.. ?
Oh sorry,I didn't know new people in this forum aren't allowed to bring in their own opinion and suggestions. :wink:
Furthermore I also didn't force you with a gun on your chest.It was just a suggestion,nothing more.But some others seem to like the idea!

So should I open up the news thread or someone who isn't "new and wants to change everything"? :P

And thanks for the welcome!
welcome to the show
and welcome to...

...DYING!!!

bestpike

#10 Post by bestpike » 18 Sep 2009 00:52

we are not uninformed, you just need to know where to look. some guys already posted this. enjoy, its only a few days old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDYXxQS9ig

There are more interviews like that from their summer touring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq3H6HMX0JE. This one is with Andre
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

Traveler in Valhalla

#11 Post by Traveler in Valhalla » 18 Sep 2009 13:10

Thanks bestpike!
But I already knew this 2 interviews.
It just would be nice to collect them in a single tread instead of making a new one for each interview.
That would help us to wait for something new on the main page :wink:
welcome to the show
and welcome to...

...DYING!!!

bestpike

#12 Post by bestpike » 18 Sep 2009 19:09

well my guess is that since they were doing lives until now and no progress on the album, they didnt have anything new to post. in a couple months after they started album production we will know probably the album and all the song titles
Now I'm riding through the air
Going to where no one dares
On the way I cross the line forevermore.
For once in life, I do not care
Nothing matters, now I dare
On the ride I'll cross the line
Forever to be free

somnia

#13 Post by somnia » 18 Sep 2009 23:46

Traveler in Valhalla wrote:Thanks bestpike!
But I already knew this 2 interviews.
It just would be nice to collect them in a single tread instead of making a new one for each interview.
That would help us to wait for something new on the main page :wink:
Not a viable option. Every interview spawns a good two page thread, if we collected them all in one, there would be either chaos or no one would talk about the interviews to avoid chaos.
power progressive metal: polimat
game music and soundtrack: dogac yavuz

The Maiden Traez

#14 Post by The Maiden Traez » 03 Oct 2009 04:24

Sentinel wrote:Patience is a virtue. No one knows it better than BG-fans...
This statement could not be any truer.
I hear Hansi's voice when angels sing...

~*Follower*~ ~*MySpace*~ ~*last.fm*~
"I enjoy my own invention of illusions and the ones implied by storytellers, movies etc.. Do I believe in it? I believe in music and I believe in the positive vibes of a story. It is part of my reality. If it is only a job for me? Ask my wife." ~ Hansi Kürsch

Thoreg

#15 Post by Thoreg » 08 Oct 2009 00:18

Hi, welcome to the forum!
You may visit Marcus' blog at http://www.marcussiepen.com. I respect that he refreshes his site often and shows signs of life by himself! :D I follow his comments at GMC as well because there he tells sometimes interesting info about touring, playing in BG etc. I'm playing the guitar too so I can even learn from him! :lol: Marcus rules!
So many centuries
So many Gods
We were the prisoners
Of our own fantasy

Mackasfour

#16 Post by Mackasfour » 08 Oct 2009 11:57

Lol, funny... I have been waiting for HISHE to make more vids and I find their newest one through Marcus's blog :lol:
"How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us."

Mackasfour

#17 Post by Mackasfour » 04 Nov 2009 14:15

No

SondrMan

#18 Post by SondrMan » 06 Nov 2009 18:43

I think they could at least have some interviews or something. Maybe just "checking" in on the website, telling us the latest news or something. Just.. keep us in the loop, if you know what I mean?

Like Tobias Sammet(Edguy/Avantasia). At least 1 interview or some news every month.. which is really nice, cause then the fans know the progress of the forthcoming album.
Mirror Mirror on the wall
True hope lies beyond the coast

Andreas

#19 Post by Andreas » 07 Nov 2009 00:58

It's good to see that nobody of BG wastes his time on this kind of stuff in the beginning. Maybe if they made more progress, it will be nice to hear some news. In the meantime, I still haven't listened to Battalions of Fear, Follow the Blind and the Demons & Wizards album, so I've got enough stuff to do.