10 years of BG and me

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Mahoora

10 years of BG and me

#1 Post by Mahoora » 15 Jun 2009 20:31

It's now official!, this month would be my 10th year anniversary with BG :P it's been exactly 10 years since the first time I listened to the bards. I won't forget the day in june 1999 when my cousin brought me NIME and the amazenent I had when i first heard it, up until this day I'm nothing but blown away by the greatness of their music
I wanted to share this with you because this is important to me, BG has really rocked my word, listening to their music brought me joy throughout all these years, besides it always makes me astonished how they developpe over the years, i mean who would thought that a band who composed a song like Dead of the Night would later create something like Fly!! 8) it's pure genuis
I know it's a little bit cliche, but that's my story with BG in 10 years :lol: hope the next 10 years would be even better.
All those plans and hopes and dreams what happens to them? it's only a handfull of the lucky ones who can look back and say that they even came close.
You can't take it with you. act III,scene I

Orodaran

#2 Post by Orodaran » 15 Jun 2009 21:21

Congrats! 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

kalrhael

#3 Post by kalrhael » 19 Jun 2009 06:17

It's been 5 years for me, it all started when someone posted the entire "Nightfall" song on a message board forum I used to go to, changed my entire perspective on music and opened the floodgates of metal for me, otherwise... I was slowly creeping into the ska scene, what a change that would of been. :P

Sir Ihnacak Of Dickcheese

Re: 10 years of BG and me

#4 Post by Sir Ihnacak Of Dickcheese » 23 Jun 2009 03:27

It' s been 24 Years for me.......wow....so we have silver wedding next year..... :D

Led Guardian

#5 Post by Led Guardian » 23 Jun 2009 04:39

Errrrm... I guess just a hair over 2 years now for me. I feel like a BG baby. :(
'Nowhere has this renunciation of man's transience been more joyous or uplifting than in the medium of airport carpets.'

rdyfrde

#6 Post by rdyfrde » 23 Jun 2009 09:01

Led Guardian wrote:Errrrm... I guess just a hair over 2 years now for me. I feel like a BG baby. :(
That's because you are ;)

Let's see, it's been almost 7 years since I first saw them (Dec 2002) and 5 years since I really became a diehard fan :)
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/hansikursch/

Gandalf de Grijze

#7 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 23 Jun 2009 11:50

10 years for me as well.. '
or well.. 10 years somewhere this autumn i think..
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

TheLastCandle

#8 Post by TheLastCandle » 30 Jun 2009 16:37

I'm pretty sure I'm heading into my 10th year as well. I recieved NiME from a friend during christmas of 1999 I believe. Best gift ever. :D I had heard them before i recieved the album, but once I got it I'm pretty sure I bought everything they ever released over the next year.

Orodaran

#9 Post by Orodaran » 30 Jun 2009 16:49

I heard the first song (Mordred's Song) in 1995 or 1996, don't remember well... by 1997 I surely was a fan, in time for 1998 to hear "I'm Alive" as a liberation after I finished my oral exam in high school 8)
"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

----------------------
BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px

Wicked Child

#10 Post by Wicked Child » 30 Jun 2009 17:09

January, 1998. Heard the song Nightfall and Banished From Sanctuary. 11 years now =)
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Orodaran

#11 Post by Orodaran » 30 Jun 2009 17:28

But Nightfall was released in SPRING 2008... even if 10 years ago filesharing was already popular, and I'm quite sure it wasn't, how come was the album already leaked in January?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Dark Jukka

#12 Post by Dark Jukka » 30 Jun 2009 18:10

Orodaran wrote:But Nightfall was released in SPRING 2008...
Really sure ? :mrgreen:

Orodaran

#13 Post by Orodaran » 30 Jun 2009 19:49

Yes :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

t.a.j.

#14 Post by t.a.j. » 01 Jul 2009 14:41

hm.. more like 17 years...
http://www.gedichtblog.de
They say that there's a broken light for every heart on Broadway.
They say that life's a game, then they take the board away.
They give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story
Then leave you all to improvise their vicious cabaret...

Still the goddamn Batman.

Wicked Child

#15 Post by Wicked Child » 01 Jul 2009 15:31

Orodaran wrote:But Nightfall was released in SPRING 2008... even if 10 years ago filesharing was already popular, and I'm quite sure it wasn't, how come was the album already leaked in January?
Well.. I admit I may have been mistaken about hearing Nightfall specifically in January.. I think I heard Banish.. in January (my first BG song).. but I am sure as hell that I listened to Nightfall later on the SAME YEAR of '98.

And if you are making fun of me, I didn't really get it! :P
You're going to hell. But not the cool one, that's where I'll go.
You go to the crappy hell.

Orodaran

#16 Post by Orodaran » 01 Jul 2009 20:30

No, I wasn't making fun, just trying to put a bit of order in BG history :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~

----------------------

Celuden Aerwyn

#17 Post by Celuden Aerwyn » 07 Jul 2009 20:30

Hm... I first heard The Bard's Song in a flash animation on Newgrounds (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/1851) when I was in... eighth grade? Maybe seventh. So either 2000 or 2001.

Of course I didn't actually start LISTENING to them until my freshman year of high school, which was 2002. So three more years for my ten year, I'd say.

jophelerks

#18 Post by jophelerks » 07 Jul 2009 20:40

Led Guardian wrote:Errrrm... I guess just a hair over 2 years now for me. I feel like a BG baby. :(
Don't feel too bad just yet. It's only been about 7 months for me. :oops: