DEMONS & WIZARDS 3rd Album Announced

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
priderock

DEMONS & WIZARDS 3rd Album Announced

#1 Post by priderock » 23 Mar 2019 10:48

So, it was officially announced that the 3rd album by Demons and Wizards will be released at the beginning of 2020 by Century Media and the first 2 will be re-released on June 7 - fully remastered with additional bonus stuff.
So, it seems that will get The Orchestral Project and the 3rd Demons and Wizards album in less than 4 months from each other most probably :twisted: And maybe the next B.G. album in the next two years...
It's like the period I've been always dreaming for in terms of releases - 3 albums(including the orchestral one) in less than 3 years from now :) :) :)

Guardian'86

Re: DEMONS & WIZARDS 3rd Album Announced

#2 Post by Guardian'86 » 23 Mar 2019 11:29

Yes, another amazing news !!! Even if the time to enjoy the orchestral album from november 1st until early 2020 for 3rd demons and wizard album is not enough because to assimilate the orchestral album is not easy in the early stages especially....but to enjoy pure metal with the 3rd one of D&W will mean to have a blast !!
Thanks for this other update !!

Dragonfly

#3 Post by Dragonfly » 23 Mar 2019 20:48

Great news, came here to post the same thing! And guess what, it's another longstanding project that is about to finally see the light of day. Very interesting.
Nobody will ever let you know
When you ask the reasons why,
They just tell you that you're on your own,
Fill your head all full of lies

Traveller in Time

#4 Post by Traveller in Time » 24 Mar 2019 10:06

I did hope for a release before their touring activities start. But well i am fine with 2020 as well :-)
Great times ahead of us.

Meanwhile to kill some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAVHxKH6CyM

But if you ask me Hansi could do better, he too much adapted to the style of the Hämatom singer (hey and you will always lose against Freddie). And Hansi should sing the more high stuff and not vice versa.
But it seems they had some fun.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

Guardian'86

#5 Post by Guardian'86 » 25 Mar 2019 20:18

The quest is over, Demons and Wizards finally have found a new home! You better get yourself prepared.

DEMONS & WIZARDS sign with CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS

Century Media Records is pleased to announce the signing of legendary metal band DEMONS & WIZARDS for a worldwide collaboration. Founded in 1999 by Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) and Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth), DEMONS & WIZARDS released two highly acclaimed albums in 2000 (“Demons & Wizards”) and 2005 (“Touched by the Crimson King”). Currently, the band is busy recording the highly anticipated yet untitled third studio album, which is scheduled to be released in early 2020.

Hansi Kürsch comments:
“It is a great pleasure and a big honor for me to finally become a full part of the Century Media family. Jon and I both feel that Century Media is the perfect match for our upcoming DEMONS & WIZARDS missions. And there will be plenty of them. Right at the moment we have not only finalized a re-boot of our first two albums, but are also working with full forces on the successor of “Touched by the Crimson King”. Good things are on its way. Expect nothing but the best and do not miss us on the road this summer, unless you want to risk another 20 years of waiting …”

Philipp Schulte (Century Media Records) adds:
“To say that we are stoked to be finally working with Hansi and Jon on a new DEMONS & WIZARDS album would be an understatement. This is a very important signing to the label: A top-tier metal band and a great addition to the label’s roster. The fans have been patiently waiting for DEMONS & WIZARDS’ return. And now the time is near! We start our cooperation by re-releasing the band’s two classic albums, before they are conquering the festival stages all across Europe. And then, in the beginning of 2020, after 15 years of waiting, DEMONS & WIZARDS will finally return with a new studio album. It is time to hoist the sails for the storm to come. Welcome aboard!”

Prior to the release of the new studio album, Century Media Records will release DEMONS & WIZARDS’ sold out first two albums as reworked special editions. Remastered by Zeuss (Iced Earth, Queensrÿche, Sanctuary), these two releases will be out on June 7th, 2019 as Limited Edition Digipak and limited Deluxe 2LP releases with bonus material and liner notes by both members.

Already on March 29th, 2019, the digital standard versions of the remastered albums will be made available in order to promote the band’s festival run in Europe.

Demons & Wizards Festivals/ Shows 2019

May 31st - Saarbrücken/Garage (Germany)

June 1st - Pratteln/Z7 (Swiss)
June 2nd - Frankfurt/Batschkapp (Germany)
June 8th - Norje-Sölvesborg/Sweden Rock Festival (Sweden)
June 10th - Moscow/RED Club (Russia)
June 20th - Copenhagen/Copenhell (Denmark)
June 21st - Clisson/Hellfest (France)
June 22nd - Dessel/Graspop (Belgium)
June 29th - Dokkum/Dokk´em Open Air (Holland)
June 30th - London/Islington Assembly Hall (UK)

July 4th - Barcelona/Barcelona Rock Fest (Spain)
July 6th - Crete-Chania/Chania Rockfestival (Greece)
July 25th - Tolmin/Metal Days Festival (Slovenia)

August 2nd - Wacken/Wacken Festival (Germany)

Traveller in Time

#6 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Mar 2019 17:36

priderock

#7 Post by priderock » 29 Mar 2019 18:55

Thanks for the info!
I'm just listening them on Spotify!
What do you guys think about the remasters

https://open.spotify.com/album/6ee1ODEQBi5qbxs8knwoQL

i just listened to Blood On My Hands and I have to say that it's phenomenal!

Traveller in Time

#8 Post by Traveller in Time » 29 Mar 2019 19:20

i will wait for the physical releases, no fan of spotify and co. But good to know that it is worth to buy. :D

Traveller in Time

#9 Post by Traveller in Time » 21 Apr 2019 19:46

What do you think? Will be there a chance that they will record a show (maybe Wacken or another festival) to make a live album or a DVD/bluray or both?
It is not said when they ever will be do a D&W tour again in the far future. I would like to have at least an live album.