Blind Guardian LP 12(?) Speculation

All talk about Blind Guardian, including discussion about tour dates, etc.
Ryu

Blind Guardian LP 12(?) Speculation

#1 Post by Ryu » 29 Jan 2018 03:43

Assuming the orchestral project somehow comes first, the next BG metal release would be their 12th album.

I'm making this thread as I discovered some info that surfaced July of last year and haven't seen it discussed here or anywhere else; in this interview, Hansi discusses the titles and overall feel of a couple new songs:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/blind- ... of-an-era/

"We haven't done too much songwriting for the next regular BLIND GUARDIAN album, but still, we've made some steps at least, and I can sense a strong change in comparison to what we did on the last album. There's one song called 'Architect Of Doom', which is a real heavy song. Very powerful. Very thrashy at points. And there's another song called 'American Goth', which is kind of what you would expect from BLIND GUARDIAN, but yet the way we maintained the drums, for example, the way we maintained the orchestra, and that is a song with orchestra, again, it's so different. I'm pretty sure that there will be a significant change when you listen to these two albums and from that point of view, yes, 'Live Beyond The Spheres' is the end of an era."

He goes on to say, "I would say there's a good chance that the orchestral album will be musically accomplished completely at the end of this year, and throughout the whole next year we will continue with mixing and everything, so this album can be released in the beginning of 2019. And the heavy album, basically, is supposed to follow later. Let's say in 2020. We are having a very good run and if things continue like they are maintaining at the moment, I'm pretty sure that we can stick to this schedule."

I'm not especially crazy about the song titles, but we can probably assume they'll change a few times over the next few years.
Defiant of destiny

arenamaster

Re: Blind Guardian LP 12(?) Speculation

#2 Post by arenamaster » 02 Feb 2018 21:17

American Goth is a hilarious and amazing song name and I very much hope that title stays. However, they typically change quite a bit. I'm curious as to what the change means between albums. I guess it remains to be seen.

However, I really reallly want that orchestral project hahahah
Each step I take,
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past!
But as long as I breathe,
Each smile in my bleak face,
I'm on my way to find
Back to the peace of mind!

Traveller in Time

#3 Post by Traveller in Time » 05 Feb 2018 23:33

Oh i have missed that interview, or maybe i get older and have forgotten it already..... spokey

End of an era is a hard word made by Hansi, and besides from his releasing promises he sticks to his words, if you ask me. So that's really a surprise. Although BG often make major changes in music after two albums.
I hope they are quite busy, as there was no christmas or new years greetings nor any other new or signs of life. On the other side the IFTOS tour and live album delayed their process a lot and now there are two records to be done (or maybe three if the D&W rumours are true), but a year of mixing should be enough, even if there are some voices missing, which need to be recorded. They are no beginners with mixing an orchestra nowadays (or better to say Charlie is not).
O the one side it would be great to get some news about the production status on the other side i still hope for strategy like:" oh btw our album is out", but i know no record company would support this.
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

priderock

#4 Post by priderock » 06 Feb 2018 10:57

I still find it a little bit too early to talk about the 12 album, since we still don't have the 11th one :D
What I think is that we will finally get the orchestral project in our hands - next year probably. This is their driest info period if you ask me - exactly 3 years without any news.. Which can be considered as a clear sign that there is nothing more to be said about their next release - the orchestral album, except it's release date...
As for the regular album - I really don't know what does Hansi means by saying that they will change their approach - i mean what are they going to release - pop music, or what? :lol:
We all know that they won't come back to the sound of their first two albums and at the same time BG is not BG without the choirs and this complex orchestral stuff - or at least that's how I find and recognize them nowadays... Maybe more irsih melodies - that would be great actually. Anyway, i truly hope that they won't change this trademark. Or even if they chage it, I really hope to see orchestral album part 2 someday :D

All that I feel right now is that in the next 2 or 3 years the world will take some really serious punch with those 2 releases - especially the orchestral one... and it won't be the same anymore...

Max

#5 Post by Max » 12 Feb 2018 09:55

I'm pretty sure that I've read this somewhere...

Anyway this is very mysterious...
I can sense a strong change in comparison to what we did on the last album. There's one song called 'Architect Of Doom', which is a real heavy song. Very powerful. Very thrashy at points.
Real heavy and powerful and trashy... Instantly "Journey through the dark" comes to my mind. (which is very different to BTRM)
Further they never go back to the early days, but combining this with their newest complexity makes me very ancious.
Title sounds very cool too (i know it's the working title).
And there's another song called 'American Goth', which is kind of what you would expect from BLIND GUARDIAN, but yet the way we maintained the drums, for example, the way we maintained the orchestra, and that is a song with orchestra, again, it's so different.
Seems like an evolution of "Grand parade" with a mix closer to ANATO
I'm pretty sure that there will be a significant change when you listen to these two albums and from that point of view, yes, 'Live Beyond The Spheres' is the end of an era.
Isn't always a big change? For me every Album was a huge step forward (maybe except ATITM, my first full BG Album btw..., not complaining here)
End of an Era sounds very frightful. But we had Huge changes with SFB, NIME, BTRM...
But hence Hansi repeatedly mentions it, it will be even more than that - but its still BG Metal, so I will be pleased!
He goes on to say, "I would say there's a good chance that the orchestral album will be musically accomplished completely at the end of this year, and throughout the whole next year we will continue with mixing and everything, so this album can be released in the beginning of 2019. And the heavy album, basically, is supposed to follow later. Let's say in 2020. We are having a very good run and if things continue like they are maintaining at the moment, I'm pretty sure that we can stick to this schedule."
This is the same as always... If they stick to their usual release behavior, I guess late 2020 will the heavy album single and 2021 the release.
I am very confident, that they will take a lot time to mix the orchestral album, since they worked for decades on the songs...

One more thing, i do not think, that they will release both albums in the same year...
Follow the blind
Your journey, your last hope, it can begin
These passing dreams were real no fantasy
There are more things than we know
Come take my hand