forum.blind-guardian.com

Blind Guardian Forum
It is currently 27 Mar 2017 06:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2016 18:23 

Since the most of the concerts of the Beyond the Red Mirror tour were recorded for a live album, which they want to release this year (Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplhsH14aNo), I would like to know which songs you wish to be on it.
For me these songs must be put on that live album:

The last Candle
Miracle Machine
Prophecies
Tanelorn
And then there was Silence
Banish from Sanctuary

The Ninth Wave and Wheel of Time would also be awesome!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2016 10:20 

Basically all recorded songs which didn't make it to "Live" and "Tokyo Tales", which includes all songs played live from the last three albums, and songs like Curse of Feanor.
This added with a best-of selection of the other songs.

Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016 18:55 

The band's bassist, Barend Courbois, has uploaded photos of him working on the studio with the band. What do you think this is about?
I think there are 4 possibilities with the 3rd one being quite odd:
1) They are recording for the orchestral project. (Although we don't even know if the "metal instruments" will be involved in the whole project)
2) They are doing overdubs for the live recordings of the tour.
3) They are recording new metal stuff.
4) They are re-recording some old songs (maybe Brian, Wizard's Crown ??) that they played on this tour, so that they are featured on the extra DVD (?) that will come with the new live album.

The fact that they didn't officially post anything (at their page) regarding any recordings, might suggest that possibilities No.2 or No.4 are more likely. On the other hand, they supposedly recorded all/most shows of the tour, so there shouldn't be any need for studio overdubs. So No.4?? Who knows??...

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2016 03:37 

Schelm wrote:
Since the most of the concerts of the Beyond the Red Mirror tour were recorded for a live album, which they want to release this year (Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplhsH14aNo), I would like to know which songs you wish to be on it.
For me these songs must be put on that live album:

The last Candle
Miracle Machine
Prophecies
Tanelorn
And then there was Silence
Banish from Sanctuary

The Ninth Wave and Wheel of Time would also be awesome!

All of those including The Ninth Wave and Wheel of Time I'm sure will be on there. Twilight of the Gods and Fly will definitely be on there. I know they played This Will Never End, Otherland, and Skalds and Shadows on the last tour at least once each, but since those weren't played often I doubt those will be on there although I'd prefer any of those over Fly.

Basically from the past 3 albums I'm sure all of these will be on the new live album:

The Ninth Wave
Twilight of the Gods
Prophecies
Miracle Machine (maybe)
Sacred Worlds
Tanelorn
Wheel of Time
Fly

Then probably these songs which would be welcomed by most:

And then There Was Silence
Imaginations from the Other Side
Curse of Feanor
The Last Candle

Then the songs that we have several live versions of but we'll get them anyway:

Mirror Mirror
Nightfall
Valhalla
Lord of the Rings
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Banish from Sanctuary
Majesty (maybe)

And finally some wild cards:

And the Story Ends
Bright Eyes
I'm Alive
Blood Tears
Skalds and Shadows
This Will Never End
A Past and Future Secret
Wizard's Crown
Guardian of the Blind???

A double disc album with around 21-22 songs. I'm sure most of these songs will be on there, probably because these are most of the songs played on the tour. :lol:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2016 22:01 

I think it's time to make some (really) new stuff.

I don't know if they have changed much the setlist on their last shows, to play songs less played before, but the time has come.

For sure, The Curse of Feanor is the song I most want to hear alive.
Some other forgotten/unplayed songs would be fucking awesome too. Let's see some of them:

The Curse of Feanor
At the Edge of Time
Holy Grail
Sacred Mind
Grand Parade
Road of no Release
Curse my Name
Carry the Blessed Home
Another Stranger Me
The Wizard
Precious Jerusalem :twisted:
A Dark Passage
Theatre of Pain
The Hobbit
Fast to Madness
Don't Break the Circle
The Martyr
Battalions of Fear

I dare you, come on... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I must say, Mr. Hansi, do not worry about the high vocal lines. Make it your own low way when you want, and I'm sure everything will be pretty fine.

:arrow: Tribute to the best band ever.

:arrow: Check out my instrumental project s2

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2016 00:26 

As far as I know, besides Feanor, none of the songs you mentioned were played on this tour, so how could they possibly record them for a live album?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2016 01:00 

Schelm wrote:
As far as I know, besides Feanor, none of the songs you mentioned were played on this tour, so how could they possibly record them for a live album?

I think he means they're hypothetical choices.

At the Edge of Time I could see them performing during an orchestral tour (it'd likely only be a festival, however, as they've stated in the past). This is the only time I could see Curse My Name working, too. The "Remove his crown and bring him down", etc. portion would just be bizarre without overdubs blasted over the speakers.

Also, I've never quite understood the exclusion of The Hobbit. It's one of their simpler songs, rather short, not as vocally demanding as other songs they opt to play, and no one at a BG concert would ever complain over its inclusion - quite the contrary, the hype seems palpable when they play it. It is so rare and yet still such a natural fit.

As for the cover tracks - The Wizard, Don't Break the Circle - they only play Barbara Ann anymore, and as a closer for the current tour they're on. I don't mind them maximizing the setlist in terms of original content. Every other track comes before the covers, in my opinion.

The Holy Grail and Sacred Mind I felt sure they'd attempt on this last tour, but getting four songs from the new album each night with some consistency is above and beyond the BG we're familiar with. Grand Parade also seems less demanding than Wheel of Time, so I expect to see it in the future, especially considering it's their "favorite thing they've ever done".

That said, Road of No Release and The Holy Grail are probably the most surprising absences of the last tour. The most expected absence? Precious Jerusalem. Phenomenal track, but I feel it'd be neutered by a live attempt. The soaring vocals of the chorus would suffer in the same way Under the Ice and The Soulforged did. People praise Under the Ice from "Live", and I've come to accept it as a pretty damn good attempt at the song, but it has never sounded right or preferable to me.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2016 13:26 

loren wrote:
The band's bassist, Barend Courbois, has uploaded photos of him working on the studio with the band. What do you think this is about?
1) They are recording for the orchestral project. (Although we don't even know if the "metal instruments" will be involved in the whole project)
4) They are re-recording some old songs (maybe Brian, Wizard's Crown ??) that they played on this tour, so that they are featured on the extra DVD (?) that will come with the new live album.

The fact that they didn't officially post anything (at their page) regarding any recordings, might suggest that possibilities No.2 or No.4 are more likely. On the other hand, they supposedly recorded all/most shows of the tour, so there shouldn't be any need for studio overdubs. So No.4?? Who knows??...

I would bet my money on:
5) rehearsals, because in may they start the festival season (with some club gigs for grooving in). Maybe we get some surpirses like Curse of Feanor, although the past showed that on festivals they play the classic and safe songs ;)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2016 17:21 

Traveller in Time wrote:
loren wrote:

I would bet my money on:
5) rehearsals, because in may they start the festival season (with some club gigs for grooving in). Maybe we get some surpirses like Curse of Feanor, although the past showed that on festivals they play the classic and safe songs ;)

Nope, at the photos he posted he was clearly on the control room of the studio and not at the rehearsal room. Definitely, recording.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016 13:25 

I think, as many others apparently, that much of the newer stuff are quite save bets. Those would be:

Ninth Wave
Fly
Prophecies
Tanelorn
Wheel of Time probably

I'd guess that Last Candle will definitely be on it as well - they played the hell out of that song this past tour, and there's no live recording of it yet (and boy, am I excited about this one!). Similar for The Hobbit. I don't expect us to be able to escape the umpteenth Bard's Song-live version, plus ten minutes of Valhalla and Mirror Mirror, but hey, it's still Blind Guardian.

Something else I would love is Lord of the Rings. I know they played it when I saw them, and as the acoustic version to boot, that would be great.

\,,/ last.fm \,,/ Flickr \,,/ My Band \,,/ Twitter \,,/ My CD-collection \,,/

You're a load of useless bloody loonies! - Ford Prefect

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2016 19:13 

loren wrote:

My bet would be their involvement in the soundtrack for the video game "The Dwarves". Hansi said in a recent interview (on yt) that would be their goal after the North American tour.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2016 04:02 

Speaking of their working on music for "The Dwarves", I wonder if they'll repurpose an old song (see: Winter's Coming - a finished song omitted from BTRM) for this purpose? Have they confirmed if it's going to be in the vein of Sacred (an actual BG song by itself, fits in to the feel of an LP) or is it going to be more of an instrumental/orchestral affair?

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2016 22:20 

"Guardians of the Realm" could be the name, title isn't written....
it's a complete new song with Hansi with Orchester but later on joining some heavy guitars.
It's on the game's OST (Track 2)

I wonder if they maybe release it (digital) on Christmas via Santa Guardian! :D

Meanwhile you can buy the game with the digital soundtrack here:

https://store3.esellerate.net/store/che ... atalog.htm

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2016 10:41 

loren wrote:

For sure they are mixing the new live album which is set to be released on first half of next year.
Anyway for what concerns the orchestral album and the next regular studio album, it seems they will be working on both albums at once, while Hansi will be in the studio recording vocals for the new orchestral (of which songwriting is finished) Andrè will start to work on new songs for the next studio album (metal album) :

http://themetalist.net/an-interview-wit ... -guardian/

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2016 10:30 

The Ninth Wave, please. OMG, I love it!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016 00:37 

Traveller in Time wrote:
"Guardians of the Realm" could be the name, title isn't written....
it's a complete new song with Hansi with Orchester but later on joining some heavy guitars.
It's on the game's OST (Track 2)

I wonder if they maybe release it (digital) on Christmas via Santa Guardian! :D

Meanwhile you can buy the game with the digital soundtrack here:

https://store3.esellerate.net/store/che ... atalog.htm

And it shows.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017 13:49 

Yeah!
The Ninth Wave
Wheel of Time
Skalds and Shadows
Time What Is Time
Another Holy War
I'm Alive

Welcome:
The Last Candle
And Then There Was Silence
Majesty
Lost in the Twilight Hall
A Past and Future Secret

Did they play The Holy Grail, The Throne, Wizard's Crown and/or Barbara Ann?

@Gandalf: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 3acc7.html
Wow, I totally not recall Blind Guardian playing Run For The Night back then!
(truth be told, that was only my second concert in my life :mrgreen: )

@Dentarthurdent: The Last Candle is on the dvd. I ripped it so I can listen it audio only as well :)
I'm not a big fan of Lord of the Rings, it has been overplayed for me (and I prefer a lot of the other ballads). Though if they did a live acoustic rendition, then bring it on! ;D

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017 14:39 

Shadow_Zero wrote:
@Gandalf: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gua ... 3acc7.html
Wow, I totally not recall Blind Guardian playing Run For The Night back then!
(truth be told, that was only my second concert in my life :mrgreen: )

I do remember, man it was awesome! I also recall that during Punishment Divine I saw Thomens drumkit shaking due to his pounding... that image was carved in my mind and makes me sad to see them not playing that song live anymore... such a great live song!

Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017 15:06 

Haha! And I see I joined the forum 3 days after you lol
2002 was a good year (except for the Dutch football squad... Then again, Feyenoord won the UEFA cup, that was unbelievable as well!)

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017 22:59 

Been quite busy lately. There a date confirmed yet for release day?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017 01:43 

Jon The Wise wrote:
Been quite busy lately. There a date confirmed yet for release day?

somewhere far beyond...

i just heard within 2017