Stupid people of the day thread

This is the section for national/regional topics, other topics intended for specific groups of people, as well as for any kind of spam or game topics (including "Now Playing" threads).

Stupid people of the day thread

#1 Post by Lilyael » 23 Oct 2009 15:42

I just had the most amazingly idiotic person on the phone. She returned a certain form which requires one to give one's mother's maiden name, so she put the first name. ( you'd be amazed how often this happens actually ) I rang up asking for the surname and she said "I don't know it, she died before I was born."

Then she told me her mother'd died when she was only two, and said she had two names. "Was one of them her surname ?" I ask, managing to keep the "you are such an eejit" tone from my voice - go me.
"yes." she said.

Wish I hadn't bothered. It's like pulling teeth with some of these people. And they want jobs with us ? :o
.......and you deserve us, Leviathan

Re: Stupid people of the day thread

#2 Post by Orodaran » 23 Oct 2009 20:20

The stupid award of the day goes to an hysteric bitch that called me (I work as a technical assistant, now temporarily I'm back to getting phone calls, usually I answer mails):

"Can you please give me your case number?" (so I can look for it in the database and know who the hell you are)
"Case number???? I don't know about a case number, listen, I don't know anything about computers"

"There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool"
A slight call afar is tempting me, like a whisper sweet or an awful scream; I cannot ignore what I've always been, I'm leaving again - one last time? in my little kingdom I can be what I really wanted to be... The wanderer

BG news (if you're lazy to check the site) :: You're on Facebook? Look at my photos from concerts, travels and more :: Oh, and since you're at it, check my photos also on 500px