Iron Maiden mahnt Fans ab

This is the section for national/regional topics, other topics intended for specific groups of people, as well as for any kind of spam or game topics (including "Now Playing" threads).
Traveller in Time

Iron Maiden mahnt Fans ab

#1 Post by Traveller in Time » 28 Aug 2009 14:12

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpoli ... 71,00.html

Wie übel ist das denn?

Mal ehrlich, die Aussage dass Iron Maiden bei der Verfelgung draufzahlt ist doch gelogen. Wenn ich mich hinsetze Ebay und Hood durchsuche und bei einem Fund den Seitenbetreiber anschreibe mir die Daten rauzurücken und dann einen Standardbrieg loszuschicken für den ich 100 Euro bekomme, ist das ein lukratives Geschäft.

Wenn Iron Maiden wirklich draufzahlt frage ich mich warum sie es dann nciht so gemacht haben:
Jeder der altes "illegales" Material einsendet bekommt ein T-Shirt oder irgendwas aus dem Maiden Shop.
Da würden beide Seiten profitieren.

Ich mag die Musik, aber das hier stinkt!
Sorry about my bad english, but the good one is on vacation!

End Of An Era

Re: Iron Maiden mahnt Fans ab

#2 Post by End Of An Era » 28 Aug 2009 15:03

I think this discussion should be in english.. :)

For all non-german readers: Iron Maiden ordered a german organisation to fine persons/institutions who sell non-licenced IM products, such as bootlegs.

Madness, IMO...

Gandalf de Grijze

#3 Post by Gandalf de Grijze » 28 Aug 2009 15:08

they do so under the argument that IM doesn't want poor quality to be sold under their name.
Hansi 24-09-2010 wrote:It's always good to be back in the United States Of The Netherlands
Check out my photography at Steemphoto.com

crom

#4 Post by crom » 28 Aug 2009 15:50

The dumb thing is that most of these bootlegs were sold in big stores. But these professional sellers are not sued. :?

blind-man

#5 Post by blind-man » 28 Aug 2009 16:07

I think IM have all the right to do that. Anyone who's making money out of other people's work without paying royalties is a criminal.
Orodaran wrote:I don't need to look metal in my looks because I am metal in my heart 8)

End Of An Era

#6 Post by End Of An Era » 28 Aug 2009 16:44

blind-man wrote:I think IM have all the right to do that. Anyone who's making money out of other people's work without paying royalties is a criminal.
tell that to Sotheby's ;)

Blastbeat

#7 Post by Blastbeat » 28 Aug 2009 18:19

"Nicht die Band hat uns beauftragt, sondern das Management bzw. die Geschäftsführung der IMH."
it's always the stupid management... but anyway, buying such CDs is like downloading mp3s. It's their own fault if people choose to buy bad-quality tracks on CD instead of downloading them via torrent :lol: imo. And btw, I buy original CDs when I like them! lol

Little Dragon

#8 Post by Little Dragon » 29 Aug 2009 00:18

blind-man wrote:I think IM have all the right to do that. Anyone who's making money out of other people's work without paying royalties is a criminal.
you don't realize that the stores or the one who sell these things to the stores are making money and not the fan who is selling a bad quality-cd he bought at one of these storesand prolly loosing money doing it, don't you?
i see it your way if someone sells bootlegs he made by himself, so that he is making money, but what some lawyers do there is just making money for themselves.
YEE-HAW MOTHERFUCKER!

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which
I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
it’s a very very...

...Mad world